Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony: Friendship is Magic

40.401 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Freundschaft, Pony, Friendship Is Magic ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

21.03.2014 um 20:41
@Ayanna
Lol, well I thought maybe you could load it since it was audio-only and only 8 seconds long.

Also, that's not exactly true is the thing - since a "u" can make a "y" sound. Like you would write "a useful thing" because of the pronunciation of "useful." Also, silent letters - for example, "hour" has a silent "h" so you would write "I'll be online for an hour." Also, regional differences in pronunciation can make different usage correct - for example, a lot of British people would write "an historical occasion" because they drop the "h," but for me the correct way is "a historical occasion" since I fully enunciate the "h." These are the things that happen when a rule is based on how it's spoken instead of how it's written. :troll:

melden

21.03.2014 um 20:42
@Ayanna
And if you're using an abbreviation or acronym, then you have to use the pronunciation of the letter from the alphabet. Like "an FCC regulation" because the letter "F" is pronounced "ef."

melden

21.03.2014 um 20:46
@desparil
Yeah, I was thinking to add the thing with silent "h" but for a moment I wasn't sure anymore. And the easiest example "hour" simply didn't came into my mind. Forgive me, it was a long and hard week, my brain is out of order XDDD

But honestly, I think I have the same "problem" like I have with the german language. I just know how to write or say, but don't ask me about grammatical rules. I simply don't know them, actually, don't remember them, but I do know how to talk and write. In most of the cases of course :D
Sometimes I'm just stupid XD

melden

21.03.2014 um 20:51
@Ayanna
Yeah, probably the hardest thing for me in German is word order, and it seems like that's also the hardest thing for anyone to try to explain to me. ^^

Next hardest is which word to choose when there's more than one with the same English definition. In English there's usually only two or three main words for something, with origins chosen from among French, Germanic, or native English. The native or Germanic ones usually get used in everyday speech, and the ones that came from French are often fancier or more formal.

melden

21.03.2014 um 20:52
@Ayanna
P.S. I may have taken and really enjoyed some linguistics courses in my university days. ^^

melden

21.03.2014 um 21:01
@Ayanna
Aber höre mir, ich wohl langweile dich. Es tut mir leid, bin ich ein kleiner Universalgelehrte. ^^

melden

21.03.2014 um 21:16
@desparil
No, I just had a phone call from a good friend, so I wasn't able to answer you. But actually, I need to get off from the computer now, I really have to clean up my room - baaah - cause somebody is going to visit me tomorrow and I don't want to let him see that chaos I'm living in right now XDDD

melden

21.03.2014 um 21:22
@Ayanna
Lol okay, mir war eh halbscherzend. Aber ich erkläre gern, DAS stimmt. Und Chaos ist nicht so schlimm. :P
Na geh und aufräum. Gute Nacht!

melden
melden

21.03.2014 um 21:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyVoFZfIaM (Video: Is John Cena a Brony?)

melden

21.03.2014 um 21:53
@desparil
wtf der gay song xD

melden

21.03.2014 um 21:54
@reher
Avenue Q ist geil. XD
Wikipedia: Avenue Q

melden
melden
melden

21.03.2014 um 22:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNgg_8wfbF0

melden

21.03.2014 um 22:59
@desparil
@reher
Abend!
Heute war der Zoll bei uns XD

melden

21.03.2014 um 23:00
@Dekujunge
schmuggelt ihr etwa illegale schildkröten??

melden

21.03.2014 um 23:04
@reher
Ne perso Kontrolle :D Der Typ hat gefragt ob meine Adresse geblieben ist, ich hätte echt Bock gehabt den zu sagen nee ich wohne jetzt in Ponyville um zu lernen was Freundschaft bedeutet XD. Oder zu rülpsen und ein Zettel hervorzuholen um vorzulesen das ich ne Genehmigung von Celestia bekommen habe ^^

melden

21.03.2014 um 23:05
@Dekujunge
xD
das wäre bestimmt interessant geworden :)

melden

21.03.2014 um 23:07
@reher
oder einen Kollegen zurufen: "Lauf Pedro, de alta velocidad!"

melden