Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony: Friendship is Magic

40.401 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Freundschaft, Pony, Friendship Is Magic ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

21.04.2014 um 21:53
@desparil

More or less. But there are still the new episodes and Equestria Girls left. :vv:
It will take it's time and toll, but it will be worth it! :D

melden

21.04.2014 um 21:57
@El_Gato
Yeah, I've been there before. Luckily when I was doing it, it was on my university's local underground file-sharing hub, so they were rather fast compared to your average torrents.

melden

21.04.2014 um 21:58
@desparil

I don't use torrents, If I don't have to. I'm downloading directly.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:03
@El_Gato
Honestly, it was faster than even some direct downloads - there's a lot to be said for high-speed local intranet. Plus, the way state laws are set up, it was basically a don't ask, don't tell situation - the veneer of anonymity that torrenting gave us meant that even if a third-party company made copyright claims, it would be illegal to pursue the identities of the uploader or downloaders.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:05
@desparil

I couldn't care less about silly copyright laws. I do on the internet with my computer what I want, whenever I want to. Stupid fucks like the GVU (something like the RIAA) can suck my balls.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:06
@El_Gato
You have to take into account that his was only a couple years after Napster got taken down. The RIAA still had a modicum of power left.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:07
@desparil

That doesn't concern me since I live outside the US. Everyone does it and everyone accepts it.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:08
@El_Gato
It's no different in the US now. My point was that now and 8 years ago are very different times.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:09
@desparil

True, but no one goes in Germany to prison because of petty downloading "crimes".

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:11
@El_Gato
Kim Dotcom did.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:12
@desparil

Not in Germany and he did a little bit more than the average downloader.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:13
@El_Gato
@desparil
@Nayst
tagchen was alles passiert wenn man afk ist^^

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:14
@El_Gato
True, just thought it was worth pointing out that being a German citizen doesn't protect you from the FBI because we have extradition agreements.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:16
@desparil

He doesn't live in Germany anyway. They kicked his ass in New Zealand. But I still think the US is sticking their nose far too deep in other countries assholes. I for one would have told them to fuck off and leave my citizens alone.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:18
@El_Gato
Well, he was only living in New Zealand because he wanted to get away from his previous criminal record in Germany and was persona non grata in Thailand.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:21
@desparil

That doesn't give the FBI the right to arrest people in different countries. I dare to say if Kim lived in China the RIAA and all those other fags would still whine and complain and there would be nothing the FBI could do about it. And doesn't the FBI have better things to do like, I don't know, hunt REAL criminals? I think organizations like the RIAA are nothing more but vermin and they need to be treated as such.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:25
@El_Gato
I'm not talking about right and should, I'm talking about can and do. Also, if Kim lived in China then he'd be playing for much higher stakes, because if you displease the wrong officials there you don't get a trial.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:26
@desparil

Yeah, but he made a shitload of money and with that he could please a lot of officials.
Anyway, he did set up a new hosting service, didn't he? I for one like that guy. :D

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:35
@El_Gato
Yeah, I think the new one is just called Mega. There are security measures and you need an account, though, so it hasn't really achieved the same scale. Really the key to Megaupload's dominance was that free users didn't need to log in or anything, they could just download. I don't really care what the guy does as long as it's not hurting me, but he's a good example to talk about because he there's a lot of publicly available information about him.

melden

21.04.2014 um 22:38
@desparil

The purpose of the new MEGA is still clear. Illicit data hosting and downloading. Nothing has really changed and there will always be sources available. This is the internet after all.
I wonder when people will realize that you cannot win against it.
It's like a Hydra. You cut one head off, three grow back, stronger faster.

melden