Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

MJ~Leben u. Sterben~u das Geschehen danach!

23.746 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Mord, Michael Jackson, Verurteilung ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

31.05.2013 um 20:28
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 6m
Putnam: Wounded you like to be number 1? Gongaware: No. It's so much bigger, it gets so much more complex. I'm happy being a good number 2
8:16 PM - 31 Mai 13

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 7m
"Our philosophy is different," Gongaware said, adding they choose what they want to do, whereas Live Nation has to meet their quota.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 8m
Gongaware said AEG Live is the second largest concert promoter company. Live Nation is the first.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 8m
Gongaware said he made a deal that requires him to work only half time starting this year.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 9m
AEG acquired the assets of Concerts West around 2000, Gongaware said, and Concerts West became AEG Live. Randy Phillips is AEG's CEO.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 9m
Concerts West started out with concerts of Andrea Bocceli, Mariah Carrey, Eagles and Millennium at Staples Center.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 10m
Gongaware and his partner, John Meglen, created Concerts West in the late 90s.

He was tempted, Gongaware said, but he had lined up what he wanted to do. He worked with Yani next.

Gongaware said he didn't accept the offer and decided to go out on his own to promote concerts.

"He liked my work, he liked what I did," Gongaware said, adding that MJ wanted him to be his business manager.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 11m
Gongaware said HIStory tour was pretty smooth. It ended in 1997. Right after, Gongaware said Michael called him as asked him to work for him

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 12m
Gongaware said he would certainly notice if there was any problem during that tour.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 12m
Putnam asked if there were signs MJ was using painkillers during HIStory tour. "No indication at all. I didn't think he was," Gongaware said

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 13m
Gongaware said he missed shows in Dangerous tour but not in HIStory tour.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 14m
MJ was told Diana was going to be okay and next morning he learned she died, Gongaware described. "That affected him greatly."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 14m
Gongaware said MJ only missed one show on HIStory tour when Princess Diana died. "He went to bed, knew about the accident."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 15m
Putnam: How was MJ on the HIStory tour? Gongaware: Great! He was sensational!

The exec testified MJ didn't have doctor traveling with him on the second half of the tour and there was no tour doctor with the tour.

Gongaware said he didn't see anything that would suggest Michael was addicted to painkillers.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 16m
Putnam: Was there an ongoing concern Mr. Jackson was having problems with painkillers during the HIStory tour? Gongaware: No, not at all

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 16m
We got the tour to break even, Gongaware testified, saying he worked closely with Jackson on the second half of the tour.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 17m
Second half of the tour, Gongaware was the tour executive and he worked directly for MJ. It netted$14 million, $11 million paid vendors.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 18m
Gongaware said he had to cut lot of expenses. They wanted to give Michael the same show, but he said there was so much excess to be trimmed

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 18m
He switched managers to fixed things up in yhe second half of the tour, Gongaware explained.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 19m
After shows ended in Hawaii, Michael had lost $27 million, was in debt $11 million to lighting and sound, Gongaware testified.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 20m
Gongaware said he did not have a general concern with MJ having a drug addiction.

Gongaware did a Rod Stewart tour in North America after Dangerous tour. He next worked with Michael in the "HIStory" tour in 1996/97.

"I didn't know it was an addiction," Gongaware said, and that he learned MJ had drug problems after Mexico City.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 21m
"When he did the Pepsi commercial, his hair was burn at the top," Gongaware explained, saying they did surgery so hair would look natural.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 22m
Gongaware: Before 3rd leg of Dangerous tour started, he had scalp surgery, hit nerve or something it was very painful; was treated for that

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 23m
Putnam asked Gongaware if he had any understanding as to why MJ was taking painkiller.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 24m
Marvin Putnam resumes questioning of AEG's Paul Gongaware. Katherine Jackson is wearing an orange jacket and Rebbie is in a black jacket.
7:58 PM - 31 Mai 13

Anzeige
melden

31.05.2013 um 20:45
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 1h
Court is on a sidebar now - most of the questioning so far has been about Gongaware's history with Jackson. Will have updates later.
7:14 PM - 31 Mai 13

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 1h
We're back in session at the Jackson vs AEG Live trial. AEG attorney has resumed questioning of Paul Gongaware.
7:13 PM - 31 Mai 13 ·

melden

31.05.2013 um 21:29
Quelle: Jackson.CH ~ Schweizer MJ Forum

The Jacksons vs. AEG Live – Zeugen der Jacksons, 13. Teil

31. Mai 2013

Gestern war der dritte Tag der Befragung von Co-CEO Paul Gongaware durch Jackson Anwalt Brian Panish. “Stellt sicher, dass wir die Aufnahmen von MJ in der roten Lederjacke auf der Bühne, wo die Minifilme gedreht wurden, rausnehmen. Er sieht da viel zu [dünn] und wie ein Skelett aus”, so Randy Phillips an Gongaware sechs Wochen nach Michaels Tod, als es um den “This Is It” Dokumentarfilm ging. Paul Gongaware, einer der Produzenten des Dokumentarfilms, antwortete Phillips: “Okay, werde es anschauen…”.

In einer weiteren E-Mail schrieb Gongaware: “Wir sind nun damit einverstanden, dass die Band, Sänger und Tänzer Interviews geben. Wir verlangen nur, dass sie positiv bleiben und betonen, dass MJ aktiv, engagiert und nicht die ausgemergelte Person war, wie ihn einige darstellen wollen”. Auf Folgefragen von Brian Panish antwortete Gongaware, dass er nicht versucht hatte, die Botschaft des Films zu kontrollieren. “Wir haben sie gebeten, positiv zu bleiben”. Gongaware sagte weiter, sie hätten nichts aus dem Dokufilm rausgenommen.

LA Times Senior Writer Jeff Gottlieb betonte, dass es auch an diesem Tag erneut Unterschiede zwischen Gongawares Antworten bei der eidesstattlichen Zeugeneinvernahme vor dem Prozess im Dezember 2012 und seinen Aussagen diese Woche im Zeugenstand gab. Wenn man die begleitenden Kommentare sowie die im Moment immer kürzer werdenden Berichte von Jeff Gottlieb liest, kommt man nicht um das Gefühl herum, dass er immer ungeduldiger und frustrierter wird mit den Aussagen der AEG Manager, insbesondere Paul Gongaware diese Woche. Ich kann es ihm gut nachempfinden…

Auch Alan Duke, der für CNN vom Prozess berichtet, geht es da wohl nicht viel anders. Als Einstiegssatz in seine aktuellste Berichterstattung vom Prozess schrieb er “Der meist gesprochene Satz von AEG Lives co-CEO während seiner Zeugenaussage im [...] Prozess war: “Ich kann mich nicht erinnern”.” Gongaware habe diesen Satz mehrere Dutzend Male wiederholt, als er diese Woche von Brian Panish befragt wurde. Es kam sogar soweit, dass die Geschworenen lachen mussten, insbesondere als Brian Panish begann, seine eigenen Fragen an Gongaware selbst mit “Ich kann mich nicht erinnern” zu beantworten. Sogar Richterin Yvette Palazuelos kommentierte am Mittwoch, als die Geschworenen den Gerichtssaal verlassen hatten, “Wir haben das so oft gehört. Wie viele Male noch?”

Der Prozess selbst wird ja nicht übertragen. CNN hat jedoch die Videoaufnahme von Paul Gongawares eidesstattlicher Zeugeneinvernahme am 12. Dezember 2012 erhalten (das Material wurde am Mittwoch den Geschworenen gezeigt). CNN hat einen kurzen Ausschnitt davon gepostet und so könnt Ihr Euch einen besseren Eindruck schaffen, was da wohl erst recht im Gerichtssaal abgehet. Hier der Clip . Es geht dabei um eine, wenn nicht die entscheidende E-Mail in diesem Prozess, nämlich der E-Mail von Gongaware an Kenny Ortega, in der ersterer schrieb “Wir wollen [Conrad Murray] daran erinnern, dass AEG und nicht Michael Jackson sein Gehalt zahlen.” (Siehe gestrige News für mehr Details.)

Als Gongaware sich dann am Mittwoch langsam zu erinnern begann, was er in seiner E-Mail gemeint hatte, deutete Jackson Anwalt Brian Panish an, dass es ja ein Fall von “unterdrückten Erinnerungen” sein könnte, bei der “sich jemand nicht erinnern kann, was vor drei oder vier Jahren geschehen ist. Sie haben keine Psychotherapie gehabt, um sich daran zu erinnern, was sie hier geschrieben haben”, fragte Panish Gongaware. “Sie wurden nicht in Schlaf versetzt –” (Richterin Palazuelos sagte: “Hypnotisiert?”) – “um zu sehen, ob sie sich erinnern können?” Nein, antwortete Gongaware schlicht.

Der Co-CEO von AEG hat nun wohl definitiv den letzten Funken an Glaubwürdigkeit verloren (wenn er die in diesem Fall denn je besessen hat).

Quellen: jackson.ch, latimes.com, cnn.com

Weiterlesen unter http://www.jackson.ch/the-jacksons-vs-aeg-live-zeugen-der-jacksons-13-teil/
Copyright © jackson.ch

Clip
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/29/showbiz/jackson-death-trial/index.html?iref=allsearch

<object width="416" height="234" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep_1474"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=showbiz/2013/05/30/mj-trial-aeg-email.cnn&contentId=showbiz/2013/05/30/mj-trial-aeg-email.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=showbiz/2013/05/30/mj-trial-aeg-email.cnn&contentId=showbiz/2013/05/30/mj-trial-aeg-email.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="234"></embed></object>

gestrige News
http://www.jackson.ch/the-jacksons-vs-aeg-live-zeugen-der-jacksons-12-teil/

melden

31.05.2013 um 21:40
Michael Jackson lost $26 million on HIStory tour's 1st leg, exec says

Michael Jackson verlor 26.000.000 $ auf der 1. Etappe der HIStory Tour, sagt Führungskraft

By Jeff Gottlieb
May 31, 2013, 12:05 p.m.

Michael Jackson lost $26 million on the first leg of the HIStory tour in the mid-1990s and was in debt for sound, lighting and other expenses, according to testimony Friday in the wrongful death suit his family has filed.

Paul Gongaware, now co-CEO of AEG Live/Live Nation, testified he was brought as tour executive for the 40 concerts that made up the second leg of the world tour.

“I had to go in and cut a lot of expenses," Gongaware said. "There was so much excess."

Gongaware said HIStory, at the time considered one of the most ambitious tours ever, eventually broke even.

He said Jackson’s performances were "sensational" and he saw no evidence the singer was using drugs. Gongaware did not start working for AEG until 2000, when the entertainment firm bought his company, Live Nation.

Gongaware is a defendant in the wrongful suit filed by Jackson's mother and children against AEG. The Jacksons allege that AEG negligently hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the doctor who administered a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to the singer in 2009.

AEG contends that it was Jackson who hired Murray and that any money the firm was supposed to pay the doctor was merely part of a much larger cash advance to the singer.

Gongaware, in his fourth day on the stand, also testified that in 2008 Jackson met in Century City with Colony Capital, a group of investors, that held the mortgage on Jackson's Neverland ranch, which was threatened with foreclosure.

“Whoever held the note before … was about to foreclose on Neverland and Colony came in, I think at last-minute, and took on that obligation," Gongaware said.

He said Colony was trying to figure out a way to hold a Jackson exhibit or museum at the Los Vegas Hilton, which the firm owned. But nothing came of the discussions.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-jackson-history-tour-20130531,0,3121700.story

melden

31.05.2013 um 21:53

Interview: La Toya Jackson Talks New Reality Show, Michael's Kids And Working With Rappers

Camille Augustin Posted May 31, 2013

la-toyaOriginal anzeigen (0,5 MB)

With nine studio albums, a plethora of business companies, her own record label, and now a reality television show, La Toya Jackson’s résumé is stacked. The entertainer is no stranger to the spotlight coming from a line of talented kin that boasts the Jackson 5, Michael and Janet Jackson, but she’s found her own lane without faltering behind.

Now, the Starting Over author is prepared to pen a new chapter as the cameras trail her in the new OWN series Life With La Toya. There is no shortage of drama as she battles to revive her music career, considers adoption and flaunts her independence. --Camille Augustin

--

VIBE Vixen: What’s the most surprising lesson you’ve learned about yourself from doing the show?
La Toya Jackson:
I learned that I wasn’t embracing certain people I should have [like men] because of my past and what I had gone through. I didn’t realize that I had just sort of shut them out without even realizing it. It was brought to my attention with the people that surround me, that work with me and my friends. I realized that I wasn’t able to trust. It was a subconscious thing. I didn’t even know that’s the way I was thinking.

Adoption is discussed on Life With La Toya. Have you taken measures in beginning the process?
It’s something that I always wanted to do since I was 16 because I always wanted to help kids in the world. When [my ex-husband and manager Jack Gordon] took me and my passport away and said you’re never going back to your family or you can never speak to them again, my life took a different course. It was like there’s no way I’m adopting a child with this person. It’s still my love and my heart, and you will see it play out in the story.

With a burgeoning career in music depicted on the show, what type of records do you plan to create?
LBJ: You will see who I eventually start working with. I am working with RuPaul and it’s dance music, so we’re having fun with it. It’s strictly club. I love songs that people can dance to and enjoy at the same time. It’s very simple but fun.

Are you open to working with any rap artists?
Yes, if I like what they’re doing and it’s a positive thing. There’s a lot of different rap artists that are out there that are really great, but you know who I’m really loving right now that’s not necessarily rap? Bruno Mars. I just love his music. And Will Smith. He hasn’t put out anything in a while but his rapping is so clean and I like that.

With Michael Jackson’s children embarking on their own careers, is Paris planning to pursue modeling?
She loves show business in general, doesn’t matter what it is. Kids are young and their minds change all the time, but she wants to act more than anything else. She wants to act, sing, dance, play guitar, drums, everything.

And how is Prince’s Entertainment Tonight hosting job developing?
He did that for one time only because he wanted to so badly. He and his father worked so closely together as far as directing because he wants to be a director. He knows that his father was telling him, "You should be doing this at 16." When people say why is everyone pushing him to show business, no one is. This is their life, this is what they want, this is what their father wanted for them and they know that.

Read the full interview at VIBE Vixen and catch the season premiere of Life With La Toya June 1 on OWN at 9:30 p.m.

http://www.vibe.com/article/interview-la-toya-jackson-talks-new-reality-show-michaels-kids-and-working-rappers

melden

31.05.2013 um 22:14
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 32s
Gongaware said MJ was alert, engaged, interested on what was going on in the meeting in 2007. He wanted to do a King Tut mini-movie.
10:13 PM - 31 Mai 13

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 1m
Putnam: Did he seem to have a problem with painkillers? Gongaware: No P: Did he seem to be under the influence? G: No

Putnam: Did he seem thin in 07? Gongaware: Yes, he was always thin

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 5m
Mikey was not meant as insult, Gongaware said. He was not trying to mock him, would use Mikey in person with MJ.
10:06 PM - 31 Mai 13

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 4m
They met again in 2008 also in Vegas. "Paul Gongaware! I knew that if you came, things were going to be ok," Michael said about him.

Gongaware said he went to Vegas to meet with Michael in 2007. The meeting was to discuss how AEG did tours, didn't talk about MJ touring.

From 97 to 2009, MJ did not do any touring, only a couple of shows.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 6m
Next time Gongaware worked with MJ was in "This Is It" tour. Peter Lopez, MJ's attorney, called Gongaware's partner in 2007, asked to meet
10:04 PM - 31 Mai 13

melden

31.05.2013 um 22:22
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 21s
Email on 2/11/09 from Bob Taylor to Gongaware: Thanks Paul. I now have the medical and blood reports. Look good.
10:20 PM - 31 Mai 13

Gongaware said he was aware of the physical exam done on Jackson after the signing of the tour.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 22s
Gongaware said he watched Michael pretty carefully in the meetings, he knew MJ went to rehab, but he didn't see any signs of drug problems.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 42s
"I felt great about it," Gongaware said. "It was a MJ tour, it was a great thing."

Michael read everything in the contract, Gongaware said. He remembered MJ being engaged, alert and paying attention. "He was good."

Gongaware talked about being at MJ's house at Carolwood when the singer signed the contract with AEG for the "This Is It" tour.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 41s
Neverland was MJ's residence in Santa Barbara, Gongaware explained. "They (Colony) were trying to figure out what to do with Neverland."

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 43s
Colony Capital is an investment company that bought the note of Neverland, Gongaware said. By 'note' he meant the 'mortgage'.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 54s
The meeting in 2008 began with discussion of a possible MJ exhibit at the Hilton in Las Vegas.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 26s
Randy Phillips was primarily the one involved in the discussions with Dr. Tohme and Peter Lopez regarding the comeback tour.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 52s
Sometime in 08, they began discussion of MJ going back on tour. Dr. Tohme, MJ's manager, approached AEG.

The next meeting with MJ was in NY. Gongaware didn't remember what they discussed.

Gongaware said when he went on tour with MJ in HIStory, he wasn't on any drug.
10:13 PM - 31 Mai 13

melden

31.05.2013 um 22:33
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 28s
After the morning break, Gongaware said MJ chose "This Is It" tour as the name because it was going to be his last.
10:30 PM - 31 Mai 13

They moved rehearsals to The Forum, which didn't have high ceiling to hang the lights. Then they moved to Staples Center.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 49s
Gongaware said the initial phase of rehearsal was done at Center Staging in Burbank, but venue didn't have room for production elements.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 53s
Gongaware said MJ and Ortega figured out the creative elements they wanted and Gongaware had to figure out how to make those them happen

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 40s
Tohme, MJ's manager, told AEG about needing the money. Gongaware said Tohme emphasized several times that Michael needed to make money.

AEG produced/promoted TII tour.
"We needed to front all the money," Gongaware said. "He didn't have the money, so he needed us to do it."

"It just confirmed what I believed, that he was fine. He wasn't doing any drugs," Gongaware said about the results of Mj's physical exam.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 35s
Gongaware said he did not have concerns with MJ abusing prescription drugs.

Response from Gongaware: I'm not ready to put anything in writing.
Gongaware said it was because he didn't have the answers.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 47s
Another request from insurance broker: I would like to offer insurers a medical update say every 21 days.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 37s
Email showed a line where Taylor said: 1- (I am trying to show that we are not working him too hard)

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 2m
Email cont'd: I now need more info of what is available. This will help with the presentation to the insurers.
10:22 PM - 31 Mai 13

melden

31.05.2013 um 22:44
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 42s
Demonstration was on 3/16/09 at Sony Studios. It had 3D on LED that was never done before, pyro and new type of flame.
10:42 PM - 31 Mai 13

MJ liked special effects, Gongaware said. He put together presentation for Michael with latest effects and made MJ promise he would show up.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 44s
One day after that, Gongaware said MJ called him to discuss the tour. He said Michael chose Kenny Ortega to direct the show.

He said that based on the response, they knew the tour was going to be a major successful.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 35s
Gongaware said they asked people to register on a website and only people registered could get into the presale to purchase tickets.

Gongaware thought the presser was great. "The reaction of the press was really good, I think people liked he was returning."

Putnam: Did he seem inebriated?
Gongaware: No
P: Drunk?
G: No
P: Smelled like alcohol?
G: No

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 25s
"MJ came up to me, gave me big hug, whispered in my ear 'make sure the TelePrompTer has big words, I don't have my glasses'" Gongaware said

Gongaware was a little annoyed but not surprised, he testified,

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 49s
MJ was not on time, late a couple of hours. Gongaware said it didn't surprise him since MJ didn't like to do those things (press conference)

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 40s
On March 5, 2009, MJ held a press conference in front of O2 arena and announced the comeback tour. Gongaware was present.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 18s
"Demand was there obviously in the presale," Gongaware said. He talked to Tohme, asked for more than 50 shows. Tohme said MJ would do 50.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 58s
"You didn't know what the ticket sales would be," Gongaware said. So they announced only 10 shows to test the waters.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 29s
Initially, they had 31 shows scheduled. Gongaware said Prince had done 21 shows at the O2 arena, and Michael wanted to do 10 more.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 52s
Gongaware: You never know what kind of business a tour will do. We had no idea the demand, we wanted to make sure it was successful.

Gongaware said they weren't sure how MJ tour would do. "Because of the kid thing, we wanted 2 go 2 the strongest market and that as London"
10:32 PM - 31 Mai 13

melden

31.05.2013 um 22:51
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 21s
Gongaware will join The Rolling Stones tour this weekend, but will return on Monday to resume testifying.
10:48 PM - 31 Mai 13

Judge then adjourned trial until Monday. We ended up having only the morning session. Gongaware expected on the stand Monday and Tuesday.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 46s
Gongaware thought Ortega watched MJ out because they were friends and worked together.

Regarding Kenny Ortega watching out for MJ's health, Gongaware said no one at AEG asked him to do that.

MJ and Ortega were the creative forces and needed to find the show's path before including everyone else, Gongaware explained.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 53s
A meeting was scheduled for March 17, 09. Gongaware emailed MJ's assistant that only MJ and Kenny Ortega should be in that meeting.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 20s
Gongaware said he had no concern MJ had drug problems, didn't seem slow or lethargic in March of 2009.

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 39s
In the demonstratiin, MJ was great, Gongaware said. "He was really engaged, as he saw all the effects he got really excited."

Gongaware said there was a pretty cool water fountain effect shown and not used. "It was messy," he described.

"Jackson loved it," Gongaware said, adding MJ didn't seem to be bothered with pyro usage.

Putnam showed clip of TII documentary where they ave the pyro effects that were going to be used.
10:42 PM - 31 Mai 13

melden

31.05.2013 um 22:54
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 34s
You can watch the story on http://www.abc7.com as well. Hope you have a great weekend and see you on Monday!
10:51 PM - 31 Mai 13

Today at 4 pm PT on @ABC7 Eyewitness News, we'll show an interview w/ Jackson's attorney, Brian Panish, reacting to Gongaware's testimony.
10:50 PM - 31 Mai 13

melden

01.06.2013 um 00:10
'This Is It' was to be Michael Jackson's final tour, AEG exec says

By Jeff Gottlieb
May 31, 2013, 2:03 p.m.

The “This Is It” concert series in London — which was to have earned Michael Jackson millions and served as a triumphant comeback — was to be the performer’s final tour, a ranking concert promoter testified Friday.

Paul Gongaware, co-CEO of AEG Live/Live Nation, which was producing and promoting the concerts, said the English capital was chosen for the shows because of Jackson's enormous popularity there. During a previous tour, Jackson had sold out 10 shows at the 75,000-seat capacity Wembley Stadium, Gongaware testified.

The plan originally was for 10 shows, but it was bumped up to 31 and then 50 because of the enormous ticket demand, the AEG executive testified in a wrongful-death case filed by Jackson’s mother and children.

Gongaware said he would have liked Jackson to have given even more performances at AEG's O2 Arena.

He said that at one point Jackson decided to do 31 because Prince had performed 21 concerts at O2.

Gongaware's recollection of events surrounding Jackson's London news conference announcing his first tour in more than a decade give a different perspective than the worried emails his boss sent at that time.

Gongaware said he was annoyed but not surprised when Jackson showed up a couple hours late.

“Michael really doesn’t like to do those things," Gongaware testified. "His schedules don’t always run like clockwork."

The tour announcement took place at the O2. When Jackson saw Gongaware backstage, "he came up to me and gave me a big hug and said, 'Make sure the teleprompter has big words. I don’t have my glasses.'”

Gongaware said Jackson did not smell of alcohol or appear drunk.

“He was good," the AEG executive testified. "I think he was excited."

But emails from Randy Phillips, AEG Live's chief executive and president, tell a different version. "MJ is locked in his room drunk and despondent," Phillips wrote. "I [am] trying to sober him up.

"I screamed at him so loud the walls are shaking," Phillips told him. "He is an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self-loathing and doubt now that it is showtime."

In a previous interview with The Times, AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said Phillips had exaggerated in his emails and that Jackson's behavior appeared to be a case of "nerves."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-michael-jacksons-final-tour-20130531,0,7103185.story

melden

02.06.2013 um 09:04
@FunnyKerstin

Na so richtig sicher bin ich mir nicht, daß sie vielleicht irgendwann mal ihren Namen ändern wird.
Die Paris ist sehr selbstbewußt und kann machen, was sie will. Vielleicht geht sie ja wirklich auf Suche nach ihrer wahren Identität. Das wird die Zeit zeigen.

@FaIrIeFlOwEr
Bis jetzt ist diese Befragung vor Gericht eine sehr zähe "Zirkusveranstaltung", zumindest empfinde ich das so. Für mich hat das absolut nichts mit der eigentlichen Klage zu tun, in der nur festgestellt werden soll, ob Murray von AEG unter Vertrag genommen wurde. Ich weiß gar nicht, was dieses ganze Affentheater soll?
Warum fragen die nicht einfach Murray oder dessen Anwältin? Zu fragen wäre noch TT, weil er ja bis Mai oder so Michaels Manager mit Generalvollmacht war und noch dazu wird er über den Arzt Bescheid wissen. Ich weiß wirklich nicht, was das alles soll.
Langsam ekelerregend!
Vorallem ekelerregend, daß sich immer mehr herausstellt, daß alle Beteiligten nur am Geldverdienen interessiert sind.
Habe einen Kommentar gelesen: LA-Times
affableman at 4:19 PM May 31, 2013
I wonder if they're handing out nose plugs at the courtroom door to protect people from the stench of greed by everyone involved including the dead because of self-indulgence Michael Jackson.

AEG, the Jackson Family, the attorneys, the stench...

Das passt auf alle dort im Gerichtssaal. Gestank von Gier!

Habe gelesen, weiß aber nicht mehr wo, Latunta hat einen Special-Gast in ihrer bekloppten Show, wollte sie aber nicht verraten. Weißt Du, wer das gestern abend war?

Außerdem habe ich gelesen, daß Paris Jackson am nächsten Samstag bei "Wetten dass... " zu Gast ist, warum?
Da steckt doch bestimmt wieder dieser Dieter Wiesner dahinter, da könnte ich doch glatt wetten!
Die wird ja sicher aus irgendeinem Grund da erscheinen, oder ist der Lanz darauf versessen, weil er mal Neverland inspiziert hat, haben wir doch alle gesehen, oder?
Zumindest rätseln sie bei LSA, warum die Paris da auftreten würde.
Also ich denke wirklich, es hängt mit Wiesner zusammen!!!

3x zitiertmelden

02.06.2013 um 19:32
@Sylvina
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Habe gelesen, weiß aber nicht mehr wo, Latunta hat einen Special-Gast in ihrer bekloppten Show, wollte sie aber nicht verraten. Weißt Du, wer das gestern abend war?
so genau weiß ich es leider auch nicht ... sollte sie vielleicht ihren Vater, Joe Jackson, meinen oder ihren Freund, RuPaul ????

http://www.oprah.com/own-life-with-latoya/life-with-latoya-blog.html (Archiv-Version vom 10.06.2013)

http://vimeo.com/67266921 from @B__Marco on Vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/67266921

das Video wurde neu eingestellt ...

#MJFam LwLT e07 - Pt4 (Archiv-Version vom 12.06.2013) from @B__Marco on Vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/67503621 (Archiv-Version vom 12.06.2013)

melden

02.06.2013 um 20:00
@Sylvina
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Außerdem habe ich gelesen, daß Paris Jackson am nächsten Samstag bei "Wetten dass... " zu Gast ist, warum?
Da steckt doch bestimmt wieder dieser Dieter Wiesner dahinter, da könnte ich doch glatt wetten!
Die wird ja sicher aus irgendeinem Grund da erscheinen, oder ist der Lanz darauf versessen, weil er mal Neverland inspiziert hat, haben wir doch alle gesehen, oder?
Zumindest rätseln sie bei LSA, warum die Paris da auftreten würde.
Also ich denke wirklich, es hängt mit Wiesner zusammen!!!
ja, darüber habe ich bei LSA auch einiges gelesen ... ich könnte mir auch vorstellen, dass DW mal wieder seine Hände im Spiel hat ... :)

In der neuen Juni Ausgabe der View (Ableger vom Stern), gibt es ab Seite 100 einen Bericht "Das Erbe des Königs" ... auf dem Cover der Zeitschrift ist u. a. MJ abgebildet ...
http://view.stern.de/de/view/magazine/ (Archiv-Version vom 19.05.2013)

ViewJuni2013 zpse141fe7bOriginal anzeigen (0,2 MB)
ein kurzer "Einblick" ... Titelblatt auf der Website einfach rechts unter anklicken und blättern ... :)
VIEW062013 zps04b38712Original anzeigen (0,3 MB)

hatte die Zeitschrift in der Medien-Abteilung des Supermarktes mal durchgeblättert ... erwerben will/wollte ich sie aber nicht ... :)

melden

02.06.2013 um 20:23
habe diesen Link von der MJJC übernommen ... aus dem Eintrag #1981 . User: Bubs ...

http://www.psblaw.com/referral-fees.html#feespaid

interessant wird es, wenn man runter scrollt auf "Current Cases" und dann auf "Michael Jackson Case" klickt ...
dann wieder scrollen bis zu
More News and Information und auf Trial Exhibits and Court Documents klicken, dann noch auf * Trial Exhibits ...
und man ist auf der Seite
Michael Jackson Trial Exhibits
Michael Jackson Trial Beweisstücke

http://www.psblaw.com/michael-jackson-trial-exhibits.html

melden

02.06.2013 um 20:31
Quelle: MJJC . Eintrag #2016 . User: Annita
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/129210-Open-General-discussion-Katherine-Jackson-vs-AEG/page135

Tears, Emails and $24 Million Blown at Michael Jackson Trial

Posted May 28, 2013 in Personal Injury by Aaron Kase

The Michael Jackson wrongful death trial concluded its fourth week with tears and more explosive emails documenting the relationship between the King of Pop, his doctor and his concert promoter.

Jackson’s mother Katherine burst into tears on Thursday while hearing about the pressure her son was under to perform for his scheduled This is It tour.

The singer died in 2009 from a prescription drug overdose administered by his personal physician, Conrad Murray, who was convicted of manslaughter in 2011. The lawsuit filed by Jackson’s family alleges that promotion company AEG Live was negligent in hiring Murray and pressured him to keep Jackson in shape to perform at the expense of his health.

On Monday, AEG Controller Julie Hollander continued her testimony, revealing that the company shelled out $24 million in preparation for the tour that never happened. AEG had budgeted $1.5 million to pay Murray, although Jackson never signed the contract authorizing payments to the doctor.

While the plaintiffs argue that the company was responsible for hiring and paying Murray, AEG claims that Jackson himself hired the physician and they only were paying him as an advance to the singer.

Incriminating Emails

After Jackson’s death, AEG asked his estate to reimburse them $30 million for concert expenses, including $300,000 for Murray’s salary. AEG General Counsel Shawn Trell testified Monday that requesting compensation for the doctor fees was a mistake.

Attorneys brought up an email from tour director Kenny Ortega that insinuates the company was more involved in the doctor-patient relationship than they would care to admit. “My concern is now that we’ve brought the doctor into the fold and have played the tough love, now or never card is that the artist may be unable to rise to the occasion due to real emotional stuff,” the email said. “I believe that he really wants this. It would shatter him; break his heart if we pulled the plug … It broke my heart … there still may be a chance he can rise to the occasion if we get him the help he needs.”

Another email exchange showed that Trell described Jackson as “creepy,” after a different executive referred to him as “the freak.”

Conflicts and Ethics

Trell maintained that he did not know of any conflict of interest that could have influenced Murray’s judgement.

Even if the court does determine that Murray worked for AEG, not Jackson, it would be a huge breath in ethics to act against the patient’s interests to appease the promoter, a personal injury lawyer points out. “There are many ethical conflicts presented in the Jackson trial — in terms of who Jackson’s doctor actually worked for,” says Jonathan Rosenfeld, an attorney with Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers in Chicago.

“From what I understand, the promotional company paid the doctor’s salary for treating Jackson,” Rosenfeld says. “Even though the physician’s salary was paid by a company, there is no doubt that the physician had an ethical responsibility to provide care to Jackson that was in his best interest — not that of the company. To suggest that a physician’s ‘interest’ can be purchased goes against all considerations of quality care and flies in the face of medical ethics.”

The trial continues this week, when AEG CEO Paul Gongaware is expected to testify. It was recently revealed in the trial that Gongaware received an email from a stage manager a week before Jackson’s death that read, “I have watched him deteriorate in front of my eyes over the last 8 weeks . . . He was able to do multiple 360 spins back in April. He’d fall on his ass if he tried now.”

AEG executives have denied that they had any way of knowing of the singer’s precarious state before his overdose.

http://blogs.lawyers.com/2013/05/damaging-emails-in-michael-jackson-trial/

melden

02.06.2013 um 20:33
andjustice4MJ ‏@andjustice4some 1 Jun
This is the best explanation I've seen yet about the MJ "hologram". http://home.mjjstreet.com/blog/
3:36 AM - 1 Jun 13

melden

02.06.2013 um 20:37
Jermaine Jackson
Come to My Jackson Resort!

6/2/2013 7:51 AM PDT

0602-jermaine-jackson-tmz-3

Move over Dollywood ... Jermaine Jackson has his eye on a Jackson-family themed resort -- but it's not so much an homage to Michael as it is to the Jackson with the best name -- Jermaine's son Jermajesty.

Michael Jackson's older brother told The National he's been scouting locations for a 5-star hotel he wants to call "Jermajesty" ... very possibly in Abu Dhabi.

The resort would have Jackson memorabilia displayed everywhere, but don't go online just yet to book your reservation ... Jermaine says the project is in its infancy.

Jermaine says he's also looking at China as a possible location. As for why, it's anyone's guess ... but La Toya's looking kinda Asian these days ...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/02/jermaine-jackson-michael-jackson-resort-abu-dhabi/

melden

02.06.2013 um 20:41

Jermaine Jackson Jermajesty Resort to House Jackson Family History; Project is in the Works

By Kathy Karadza, EnStarz | Jun 02, 2013 11:38 AM EDT

Jermaine Jackson is planning to build Jermajesty, a five-star resort honoring the Jackson family's music history, the singer said in a recent interview with The National. Anm. http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/jermaine-says-abu-dhabi-could-be-site-for-jackson-five-star-resort#ixzz2V4AFpyx1

Speaking from Morocco's Mawazine Festival, the elder brother of the late Michael said he plans to fill the Jermajesty Hotel and Resorts with memorabilia of The Jackson family's almost 50-year career and legacy.

Jermaine revealed he is speaking to potential investors about developing the resort. He has also scouted locations and considering building Jermajesty, name after his 12-year-old son, on Yas Island or a location near Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, in United Arab Emirates. The 58-year-old is also considering China for a possible second resort location, but he is first working on plans for Abu Dhabi.

The Middle East became more meaningful to the singer after he converted to Islam in 1989, he said. The Jacksons made a stop in Abu Dhabi in November 2012 and performed a show on Yas Island, and it was a favorite tour location of Jermaine's.

"I always feel very welcome when I am over there, and the people are kind and gracious," Jermain said. "Also my wife is Afghan and she has been a Muslim all her life. She speaks fluent Arabic and she has supported me in understanding and strengthening my beliefs. So when I come to this part of the world I feel like I did come full circle."

The project is in the beginning stages and no definitive plans are underway.

Jermaine made headlines last month for refuting postumous sexual abuse allegations against Michael, made by choreographer Wade Robson. Robson claimed abuse in court documents he filed on May 1 and asked the judge to permit him to file a creditor's claim against Michael's estate in conjunction with the case, TMZ reported.

Jermaine told TMZ he believed Robson's allegations are false and that Robson is in pursuit of a pay-off from the King of Pop's estate.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/19016/20130602/jermaine-jackson-jermajesty-resort-house-family-history-project-works.htm

Anzeige

melden