Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

MJ~Leben u. Sterben~u das Geschehen danach!

23.746 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Mord, Michael Jackson, Verurteilung ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

22.07.2013 um 13:03
Quelle: MJJC ~ Eintrag #55 ~ User: Ivy
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/129265-Katherine-Jackson-vs-AEG-Live-Daily-Trial-Testimony-Summary/page4

Jacksons vs AEG - Day 52 – July 19 2013 – Summary

Katherine Jackson Testimony

Jackson direct

She states her full name: Katherine Esther Jackson. She said her date of birth is May 4, 1930, which makes her 83 years old. She said she's a little hard time hearing. Mrs. Jackson said this is the first time she's testified in court and she is a little nervous. (ABC7)

Panish: Did you get a lot of sleep last night?
Mrs. Jackson: No (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson testified she's a private person, she's always in the background of her children. (ABC7) "I leave the spotlight for my children," she said. (AP) "The most difficult thing is to seat there in this court and listen to all the bad things they say about my son," Mrs. Jackson explained. "They are not true," she said. "He's not here to speak for himself."(ABC7) "A lot of the things that have been said are not the truth," Katherine Jackson said. "He's not here to speak for himself" (AP) Panish asked if she was here to speak on his behalf. "I will do my best," she answered. (ABC7) “The most difficult thing is to sit here in this court and listen to all the bad things they say about my son,” she said, later adding. “A lot of the things that have been said are not the truth. And he’s not here to speak for himself.” “Are you here to speak for your son Michael?” Panish asked.“I’ll try my best,” she replied. (LAtimes) "The most difficult thing is to sit here in this court and listen to all the bad things they've said about my son," she said in her soft, barely audible voice. "None of the things are the truth." (NYDailyNews)

"I want to know what really happened to my son and that's why I am here," Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7)

Panish: How does he make you feel that they said they were going to say you son was a bad person?
Mrs Jackson: My son was a very good person. He gave to charity, is on the record for giving to charity. I'm so nervous, I'm so sorry. (ABC7)

"I know my son was a very good person," she said. "He loved everybody. He was in the Guinness Book of World Records for the entertainer who gave the most to charity.” (People)

Katherine Jackson She was born in Alabama. Her father’s name was Prince and she described his singing talents. Mrs. Jackson explained that when MJ named his son Prince, it wasn’t a King of Pop reference. It was a family name. (AP)

Mrs. Jackson said MJ named his son Prince because of her family. "He loved my father," she said.
Panish: When you learned MJ was going to name his son Prince, were you happy?
Mrs. Jackson: Very! (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson testified the musical talent came from her grandfather on her mother's side, Columbus Brown. She said her mother would open the windows and his song rang over the valley. "My father taught us to play the guitar," Mrs. Jackson said. Her sister played the cello. "We always had music around the house." Mrs. Jackson said she had polio as a child, Infantile Poliomyelitis. "I wore a brace on left leg from age 7 to 9," she said. "I was shy." Mrs. Jackson said Michael loved all children, especially those who had something wrong with them: orphans, hospitals for disable children. Michael would spend the day with Make a Wish foundation. (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson married Joseph Jackson when she was 19 and he was 21. They lived in Gary, Indiana. They bought a house on Jackson Street. "It was a coincidence," she said. It looked like a garage in a way. It was a 4 room, 2 bedroom house. She raised 9 children: Rebbie , Jackie, Tito , Jermaine, LaToya, Marlon, Michael, Randy and Janet. Mrs. Jackson said they had bunk beds. Jackie was the oldest, he got his own bunk. Randy was baby, slept in Katherine and Joe's room. Mrs. Jackson said that sometimes she would wake up to them harmonizing singing. Joe worked in a steel mill, was sometimes laid off 2-4 weeks She took a job, between Randy and Janet, since there was a 5 year gap. She was a clerk at Sears and Roebuck. (ABC7)

Panish: Did you always have a lot of money?
Mrs. Jackson: No, not at all
Mrs. Jackson: I made a lot of clothes, watch the newspaper, bought a lot of things on sale, went down to Salvation Army to get shoes. (ABC7)

"I had to live payday to payday," Mrs. Jackson explained. "The money was scarce, we had to eat." She said they didn't want to go on welfare. "We picked vegetables, fruits, keep in the freezer and that's how we survived."
Panish: Are you a good cook?
Mrs. Jackson: The kids think so
"I know how to prepare a potato every way you can think of," Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7)

She said she enjoyed having a large family and lived in a cul de sac near little league field. Jackie and Tito played baseball. Michael would spend his money with candy and cookie, Mrs. Jackson said. He would set up a store to sell them. (ABC7) Panish also showed a photo of the Jackson’s home in Gary, Ind. & pics of Jermaine and Tito on their Little League team, the Katz Kittens. The team was named after the mayor at the time, who sponsored the team, Katherine Jackson said. The mayor was in the photo, next to her sons. She said Michael Jackson would save money to buy candy at the Little League field. But he didn't eat it all. Instead, she said Michael Jackson would the candy and play “Store Man,” a game in which he was merchant. (AP)

The pop star’s mother spent much of the morning talking about raising her nine children with husband Joe in a four-room house in Gary, Ind. Money was tight, she said, particularly when her husband couldn’t find work at the steel mill. Katherine Jackson recalled making her children’s clothes, cutting coupons from newspapers — even picking vegetables she would preserve. Katherine Jackson said that both she and her husband came from musical families and that their talents were passed on to their children. She recalled going to sleep at night — she and Joe in one of the bedrooms, her sons sharing a triple bunk-bed in the other — and waking up to the children “harmonizing and singing.” (LATimes) She described moving the family to Gary Ind. after marrying Joe Jackson. They moved into a home on Jackson street, a coincidence. She also described the family’s hardscrabble years as they struggled to scrape by. “I picked vegetables, I canned food,” Mrs. Jackson said. She said every year she’d buy ¼ or ½ a cow for food. “That’s how we would survive.” (AP)

"I was always close to God," Mrs. Jackson said. "II raised my children the best I can with spiritual guidance." She was raised Baptist, then became Lutheran and wasn't satisfied with that. When old enough to understand started searching. "I searched and found the true religion: Jehovah Witness," Mrs. Jackson testified. Jevohah's witnesses don't celebrate birthdays or other dates. They celebrate one day, that's Jesus last supper. Some became Witnesses, Michael, Rebbie and LaToya. The others are not. Her husband wasn't a witness, so they didn't stop holidays right away.(ABC7)

Picture of Katherine Jackson during her high school years. "Oh my God, that's me," a shy Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7)

Michael was born Aug 29, 1958. As to this photo: "It shows my sweet little boy to me," Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7) Panish showed a photo of Michael as a toddler, smiling at the camera. He asked what it showed. “It shows him as a sweet little boy to me,” Katherine Jackson said. “My baby.” (LATimes)

Michael was always sensitive and loving, Mrs. Jackson said. One day, when his brother was sick, Michael was holding his hand and cried.(ABC7) Michael didn’t let the fame go to his head, she said. Katherine Jackson told stories earlier in the morning of her son as a child, crying because one of his other brothers was sick. “Michael has always been sensitive and loving,” she said. (LATimes)

Panish asked when MJ showed he loved music. "He was born dancing," Mrs. Jackson said. "He was in my arms and couldn't be still, was dancing". Mrs. Jackson told a story when she had a Maytag with roller that squeezes water out. It was old and rusty and it would make a squeaky noise. MJ would be dancing to the squeaking noise. "He was dancing and sucking in bottles," Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7) Michael, she said, “was born that way.” “When all the kids were dancing around, he was in my arms and he couldn’t be still. He was dancing to the music,” she said. “And when he started to talk, he would still dance.”Her washing machine, she said, used to rattle to a rhythm. She recalled finding her seventh children standing next to the machine, “dancing, sucking on the bottle, to the squeaking of the washer.” The jury laughed. “He just loved music,” Katherine Jackson said. “He loved to dance.” (LATimes)

The children loved the Temptations and imitated them all the time, Mrs. Jackson said. Panish asked if they had television in the house. Mrs. Jackson: We had an old TV, TV would break, had a TV man take it away and sometimes didn't have money to get it back. (ABC7)
The children would sing and dance, she said. "We always had music in the house." They were very young, they danced and sang. Michael was 5 years old, they went on to contests at school, then professional. There was not a lot to do in Gary, Mrs. Jackson said. So the high school had events and the boys would win every time there was a contest. Michael won every contest. When the other kids knew the Jacksons were coming they were Oh my God!, Mrs. Jackson said. Originally, the name was Jackson Brothers Five, but the name was too long, so they cut it short to Jackson 5. Mrs. Jackson: Michael was 5 and the sang Climb Every Mountain. He started singing, my father and I cried like a baby. (ABC7) Katherine Jackson said she and her children would listen to country music — something her father played when she was a girl — and her older sons began singing in competitions at local high schools. Michael was about 5, she said, when he sang at his own school program. She said she went to the school with her father-in-law to watch her son sing “Climb Ev'ry Mountain.” “I was so nervous when he walked out on the stage because he was always shy,” she said. “And he started singing the song and he sang it with such clarity. … Joe’s father sat there and cried like a baby. He looked around, and I was crying too.”“He got a standing ovation for his performance, and he wasn’t nervous, and I was shocked,” she continued, saying she thought he “felt more at home when he was on stage.” (LATimes)

Panish: How did that make you feel?
Mrs. Jackson: I cried (ABC7)

Michael joined his brothers’ group soon after, she said, and the boys would rehearse at home, pushing the furniture back toward the walls of the living room and dancing in the middle of the floor. They kept singing at local contests, only losing once, she said with a chuckle. “I think they were sick of seeing the Jacksons win,” she said. (LATimes) Jackson 5 lost a contest once to a boy who lived next door and won that year. The boys rehearsed at the house. "We saved money to buy amplifiers," Mrs. Jackson said. Mrs. Jackson said she made the suits. She said they were called "Homemade suits" (the jury laughed). (ABC7) Panish showed videos and photos of the Jackson 5, featuring a young Michael smiling as he sang and danced with his brothers. The attorney asked Katherine Jackson what type of suits her son wore in one black-and-white photo. “Homemade suits,” she responded, drawing laughter. (LATimes)

Mrs. Jackson: When Gladys Knight and Temptations would ask for us to be on stage with them and they got paid that way. They signed with Motown in 1968. The boys moved first to California, Katherine came four months later. "I had always wanted to live in California," Mrs. Jackson explained, since Gary, Indiana was so cold and snowed. Jackson 5 started making records when they signed with Motown. The first 4 singles became number one records, Mrs. Jackson recalled. Mrs. Jackson explained the Jacksonmania that happened at this time. Shes said there was so many girls around the house she got tired of it. "They'd come and stay all day and sometimes they stayed so late I had to drive them home," Mrs. Jackson remembered. Panish showed video of their early life in Gary, Indiana, dancing at 5, Motown, audition, ABC song, TV show, Motown 25. (ABC7) The boys’ careers took off – they singed a record deal with Motown in 1968 -- and Katherine Jackson talked about moving to California with her family. Girls swarmed their home, she said. “I got so tired of it,” she laughed. (LATimes)

Panish: As mother, when you saw MJ perform like that, how did you feel?
Mrs. Jackson: I felt very proud (ABC7)

Special performances surprised Mrs. Jackson. When he was 14 he sang solo in the Academy Awards shows. "I was very proud of him," she said.
Panish: Were you nervous about it?
Mrs. Jackson: I was a little bit, but he did well (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson said MJ liked rats. One time they went to Beverly Hills to have dinner and he kept putting crumbs in his pocket to feed the rat. Michael didn't like dogs, Mrs. Jackson said. She recalls one day of a dog bite and Michael been afraid ever since. Despite that, Michael got a chocolate Labrador for the children, named Kenya. They had a turkey, a parrot, ferrets, mice, cats. (ABC7) Katherine Jackson also related why her son disliked dogs. She said it was because one badly bit his brother Randy when they were children. It was a friend’s pit bull that they were watching, and the dog bit off a chunk of Randy’s arm, Katherine Jackson said. (AP)

Michael was a very good artist, Mrs. Jackson said. He did a lot of art in school and some of this pictures have been sold. He'd write songs. Katherine said Michael didn't seat and watch TV. She said it's very hard for her to seat and watch them talking about Michael being lazy. "My son was not lazy," Mrs. Jackson said. "That is the biggest lie around." (ABC7) On the witness stand, she said an email written by Paul Gongaware, a top AEG Live executive, that described her son as lazy was especially hurtful."My son is not lazy. You don't get to be the biggest," she said, pausing, "by being lazy." (AP) Panish asked Katherine Jackson whether her son sat around and watched TV. No, she said. “My son is not lazy,” Katherine Jackson said. “You don’t get to be the biggest” _ she paused for several seconds _ “by being lazy.” She told the jury that her son liked art and that some of his drawings had been sold. She mentioned his songwriting as well. (AP)

Katherine Jackson said her grandson Prince is a better student than Michael was, though. Panish played a clip from “The Wiz.” (AP). MJ was a straight A student. He liked movies, Katherine named a few: The Wiz, Sidney, 12 Angry Men. Panish show snippet of The Wiz. Jurors were highly entertained at this point. Some smiled, some pursed their lips as if they were trying not to smile. Katherine said Michael and Quincy Jones got along very well, worked together in various projects: Thriller, Bad, Off the Wall.(ABC7)

Panish then asked her about MJ’s practice of writing notes. He “wrote notes to himself all the time,” she said. Michael Jackson would write notes about how many records he wanted to sell from each album. She said his notes would come true. (AP)

Panish: When Michael was 21, did he write down what his goals were?
Mrs. Jackson: Yes, Michael wrote notes to himself (ABC7)

She said he'd write where he wanted to be at certain time, how he wanted an album to sell. He was still living at home in Hayvenhurst. He wanted to be known as MJ, not little Michael or little Jackson, Mrs. Jackson explained. (ABC7)

Panish showed video of the first time MJ did the Moonwalk (Billie Jean song). Jurors smiled. He used to practice all the time, Mrs.
Jackson said. He has a room over the garage where he danced two hours straight without stopping. The sequined silver jacket MJ was using in Billie Jean was Katherine's. He went into her closet, got it before the show, never gave it back. (ABC7)

She mentioned that Michael lived at the family home at Hayvenhust until he was 30 years. He practiced dancing in a room above the garage. Panish asked whether success got to her son’s head. “No,” she replied. “Michael was the most humble person around.” She discussed her son remodeling Hayvenhurst for her, and taking family photos and blowing them up to hang in his dance rehearsal space. Mrs. Jackson said he surprised her by fixing up that room in that way. He also put up a plaque with a poem to his mom that's still there. (AP)

MJ continued to live with Mrs. Jackson until her was 30. "When he became 18, he wanted to buy me a house," she testified. But by that time houses had gone up to millions of dollars, so he decided to rebuild the house. "The way you see Hayvenhurst is the way he rebuilt it," Mrs. Jackson said. He had a room upstairs he didn't want anyone to go in. He then got all the pictures and put them on the wall instead of wallpaper. He said 'here's your surprise,' she said. Panish showed video of the room. "He gave this to me," Mrs. Jackson said. Even the ceiling has pictures. "Everything is covered." (ABC7)

She recounted a couple incidents in which her son Michael disguised himself and she didn’t realize it was him. One time was on the set of his short film “Ghost.” She visited the set and was greeted by a white man. It was MJ, in makeup. He also wore a disguise when they went out to speak to people about being Jehovah’s Witnesses, Katherine Jackson said. Katherine Jackson said she didn’t recognize him until he said, “It’s me mother.” They then went out and knocked on people’s doors. Panish: “Did he get the door slammed in his face?”
Katherine Jackson: “Lots of times. They never knew who it was.” (AP)

Panish: Did MJ like music videos?
Mrs. Jackson: Oh yes. They were like short movies, Thriller. He invited me down while doing movie "Ghost."
Mrs. Jackson: I was seating at the set, a white male man came to me and I said I'm here to see my son. He said 'mom, it's me!' (ABC7)

Michael was involved in the Jehovah Witness for a while, did "filed service." He had to disguise himself, wore a fat suit.(ABC7)

In 1988, Michael purchased Neverland. Panish showed video of it, the animals, roller coast, poem written by Michael, movie theater. "He finally got a candy store," Mrs. Jackson said. Mrs. Jackson said Michael made the ranch available to people. He opened it to disable children, would invite classes of children. In the movie theater, Katherine said they had special chair for sick children who couldn't seat in regular seats. (ABC7) After this, Panish showed a clip of Neverland Ranch, complete with music that played at the property. The video showed the rides, zoo. It also featured the candy stand. Mrs. Jackson said that her son finally had his candy stand, an allusion to his childhood game. The Neverland video also showed the train station, which Michael Jackson named Katherine in honor of his mother. (AP)

Panish: Did it have a train station?
Katherine: Yes
P: What is it called?
Mrs. J.: Katherine (ABC7)

Katherine said the children loved Neverland. They were homeschooled. The kids would go to Chuck & Cheese and other kids would ask do you have animals? They would say elephant, giraffes, Mrs. Jackson recalled. One lady once told Grace 'don't they have great imaginations,' she said. (ABC7) Mrs. Jackson said her grandchildren loved Neverland. Strangers didn’t believe them when they said they had giraffes and elephants as pets. (AP)

The questioning then turned to darker issues, with Panish asking Mrs. Jackson about her son’s pain and medical conditions. She mentioned that Michael Jackson’s scalp had been burned, he had back pain. She also mentioned his Vitiligo. She said her son trusted his doctors and mentioned Dr. Allan Metzger was one of his primary care physicians. (AP)

Mrs. Jackson said Michael had been burned, badly burned, and was in a lot of pain. He had a balloon under the scalp. Mrs. Jackson: He took that money from Pepsi settlement and donated it to the children's burn center. He had back injury too, she said. He had vitiligo, a disease that turns the skin white. "He just wanted to get it over with" she explained. He didn't talk much about his insomnia, Mrs. Jackson said. He couldn't sleep at all at night when he was at home. (ABC7)

Panish: Did you ever see Michael abuse drugs or medications?
Mrs. Jackson: No, I never saw
Mrs. Jackson: I know he was taking pain medications. Many times I went to his room unannounced and I never saw him that way. (ABC7)

Panish asked whether she ever saw her son abuse medications. She said she didn’t, but she heard about it from her other children. Mrs. Jackson said she knew he was taking pain pills. She said she dropped in on him unannounced and never saw any signs of misuse. She said she went to his house one time because her children were pushing for an intervention. She didn’t want to go, she said. “When we went out there, Michael was fine,” Katherine Jackson said. She said she could never prove that he had a problem. She mentioned speaking to him again about it when he was living in Las Vegas. “He promised, he kept saying, ‘I’m OK,’” Mrs. Jackson said. (AP)

She said she tried an intervention because she heard from the other kids but didn't think he was abusing drugs. The other children told her it would mean much more if she went. "When we got there, Michael was fine," Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7) Katherine Jackson also told the jury she had heard from her other children about concerns that Michael Jackson was abusing prescription medications, but he seemed fine when they tried to intervene. (AP) She went to MJ's Las Vegas home and talked to him about drug abuse. Michael said "Mom, I'm okay, I'm okay." Mrs. Jackson: Sometimes a mother is the last to know... and sometimes you are embarrassed. (ABC7) She said she also heard from her other children that Michael Jackson was abusing prescription medication, but she didn't know what to believe. She said she visited him in Las Vegas a few years ago to ask him about it. "He promised, he kept saying, 'I'm OK,'" she told the jury. "Sometimes the mothers are the last to know," she said. She said she told her son, "I don't want to hear on the news that you're not here anymore." Katherine Jackson did not say when the meeting with her son occurred. (AP)

Panish asked Mrs. Jackson about seeing her son at a party in May 2009. It was billed as a 60th anniversary party for her and Joe Jackson. It wasn’t actually their anniversary, she said. “I think Janet just named it that so we could have a party,” she said. She said she didn’t notice that her son was especially thin, but added that he was wearing a jacket at the party. (AP) Katherine Jackson's 60th anniversary in May 2009. Mrs. Jackson: At time time to me Michael looked ok. Later, I saw he was thin, he was dressed in jacket and all, I didn't notice he was thin. (ABC7) "Then I saw he was thinner. I didn't notice at first because of how he was dressed. He had a jacket on," she said. (Reuters)

"Michael and I were very close," Mrs. Jackson said. He was the son -- a mother wouldn't want a better son than Michael. He was very shy." (ABC7)

Poem Michael wrote to his mother.
Panish: How did that make you feel?
Mrs. Jackson: It made me cry for one thing... I felt very loved.
"Mother, My Guardian Angel" -- by Michael Jackson
Panish: When you received that, how did it make you feel?
Mrs. Jackson: I cried (ABC7)

He then asked whether she was financially dependent on her son. “Michael took care of me, my every need, my every want,” she said. “He gave me everything,” she said. Panish asked about gifts. Cars, jewelry and a mobile home were mentioned as MJ's gifts to his mom. (AP)

Panish: Did he give you gifts?
Mrs Jackson: All the time. He gave me everything, the necessities of life, gifts, cars, jewelry, mobile homes (ABC7)
Panish: Did he give you money?
Mrs. Jackson: Yes, cash. Michael never wrote checks (ABC7)

Panish then asked Mrs. Jackson about losing her son and she started to break down. “That’s the worst thing that can happen to a person.” Katherine Jackson looked pained as she described her son as humble. Panish asked if she was OK. She said yes. (AP)

As to how she's affect by the loss of love, support: Mrs. Jackson: No one knows until it happened to someone. Mrs. Jackson: That's
the worse thing that could happen. When I lost Michael I lost everything. He was the most loving, very, very humble. "When a mother loses a child," Mrs. Jackson said crying "that's the worse than can happen to a person." Mrs. Jackson said she lost the best thing ever as she wiped out tears. (ABC7)

Katherine Jackson wept on the witness stand Friday as she described her relationship with her son Michael, saying that when he died, she “lost everything.” The 83-year-old matriarch said she and her seventh child were “very close,” saying “a mother wouldn’t want a better son than Michael.” He took care of her “every need, my every way,” Katherine Jackson said, for example by remodeling her Hayvenhurst home, covering the walls of a room with enlarged pictures of their family. He also wrote her poetry, she said. After Michael Jackson died, his older brother Jermaine found another handwritten poem to his mother and had it framed. Katherine Jackson said she cried when she read the words. “All my success has been based on the fact that I wanted to make Mother proud,” the poem ends. “To win her smile of approval.” When attorney Brian Panish asked how she had been affected by her son’s death, Katherine Jackson broke down. “When a mother loses a child,” she said, crying. “No one knows until it happens to them. That’s the worst thing that could happen to a person, losing a child. “I lost my mother, my father and my sister … but when I lost Michael, I lost everything,” she said. (LATimes)

He moved on, asking her about a deposition clip that was played in which she described her son saying he didn’t want to be on stage at 50. She said she thought it was funny, but it was just a joke. She said 50 isn’t that old, and you necessarily don’t feel old at 50. It was then that Panish asked Mrs. Jackson about whether her son could perform the 50 scheduled “This Is It” shows. Katherine Jackson: “He couldn’t do every other night like AEG wanted him to do at first.” She said she called AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips and Tohme Tohme and told them he couldn’t do the shows the way they had them scheduled. (AP) She said she heard about the This Is It tour through Grace Rwamba. She said he was joking when he said he didn't want to do the Moonwalk at age 50. "He used to think that 50 was really old.” Mrs. Jackson said she didn't think her son could do 50 shows every other night as was planned. She called Randy Phillips and Dr. Tohme. (ABC7) Katherine Jackson said she called the CEO of promoter AEG Live LLC to express her view that her son could have done 50 shows, but not if they were spaced closely together. "He couldn't do every other night like AEG wanted him to do at first," Katherine Jackson said. She said she called AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips and her son's manager, Tohme Tohme, to express her concerns about the "This Is It" schedule.. (AP)

Panish asked whether Katherine Jackson ever visited the Carrolwood Drive mansion. She said yes, and she went into his bedroom. “Every time I went there, I went into his bedroom,” she said. She said she and her nephew Trent would watch movies with Michael Jackson in his bedroom at the Carrolwood mansion. (AP)

Michael’s then doctor, Conrad Murray was “pacing the floor,” in the hospital, and Katherine testified she had never seen him before. (Radar) Mrs. Jackson didn't know who Conrad Murray was until after MJ died. She didn't know MJ had died when she arrived at the hospital. She said she had been out on field service and she said one of the fans said they brought someone out on a gurney completely covered up. "Later on I got a call to go to the hospital, I thought he was just sick," Mrs. Jackson said. Mrs. Jackson said she saw many people who worked with Michael at the hospital, like Frank DiLeo. Dr. Murray was pacing back and forth. Mrs. Jackson: Nobody wanted to tell me, I was seating and waiting, I guess they were back debating. "Michael had a reaction," they told Mrs Jackson. "I said how is he? Did he make it? Did he make it? And Frank said no," she recalled, crying. (ABC7) She broke down as she described the day her son died. She said she was told by another of her son's managers, Frank Dileo. "I just started screaming," she said, crying and clutching a tissue in one of her hands (AP)

Katherine Jackson, a Jehovah’s witness, said she was out in “field service” — going door to door to share her faith — and returned home to a message from her husband on that June 2009 day. One of the fans who had gathered outside Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch had called Joe Jackson, saying someone had left on a gurney “completely covered up,” she testified. “Later on I got a call to come to the hospital, so I thought maybe he was just sick,” she said. Katherine Jackson said she arrived to find Jackson’s staff and a man she later learned was “packing back and forth.” Someone took her to a room where she waited, she said, until her son’s manager approached. “Frank DiLeo came and told me that Michael had a reaction, and I said, ‘Well how is he?’ ” she said. “And nobody said anything.” “I said, ‘Did he make it? Did he make it?’ and Frank said no,” she said, her voice breaking. Katherine Jackson continued to cry on the stand as she described her reaction. “I just started screaming.” Jackson said she was then taken to another room, where she was attended to by nurses and later met with her grandchildren. Paris Jackson, she said, was particularly emotional. “She was screaming, looking up at the sky and said, ‘Daddy, I want to go with you.' ” Katherine Jackson said. When it came time to leave the hospital, the family matriarch said, her granddaughter turned to her.“Grandma, where are we going?” she recalled Paris asking. “And I said, ‘You’re going home with Grandma.” (LATimes)

Mrs. Jackson didn't see the children until later. "I was crying so hard," she said. "Paris was saying 'dad I want to do with you (crying), I can't live without you' that's what she kept saying." Mrs. Jackson: They were there hugging and saying 'Daddy, I love you!' "I never went down to the morgue, never wanted to see Michael like that," Mrs. Jackson testified, crying. When they left, Paris said 'grandma, where are we going?' Mrs. Jackson told her 'you are going home with grandma.' (ABC7) Katherine Jackson said her granddaughter Paris Jackson was inconsolable at the hospital and was looking skyward saying, "'I can't live without you'" and "'I'm going with you.'" (AP)
Panish asked about the adjustment without their father. She said the two boys I can say fine. Paris is having the hardest time. Paris had 5 big pictures of Michael in her room and Mrs. Jackson said she wondered how she could do that, she saw them and felt so sad. Paris' whole room is a collage of picture just like MJ had, Mrs. Jackson said. Mrs. Jackson said Paris was looking for a special heart. She found a broken heart, hung one part in Michael's neck and she put on the other. Prince is affected by not spending time with his father, Mrs. Jackson said. Paris took MJ's pajama top, didn't want anyone to wash it. She sat it on her bed. Panish asked how Paris is affected. "Oh My God! She wanted to go where daddy was," Mrs. Jackson said. Blanket doesn't want to cut his hair. Daddy loved his hair, so he doesn't want to cut it. (ABC7) Paris, 15, has had the hardest time dealing with her father’s death, compared to siblings, Prince Michael, and Blanket. Jackson’s only daughter, has a pair of her father’s pajamas, and never wants them washed because “she wanted his scent,” Katherine told jurors. (Radar) Wiping her face with a tissue, Katherine said the adjustment has been hard for Paris, who put photos of her father all over her room. "I thought she was the bravest. She had a very hard time at first." (NBC)

“My nephew and I and Paris and her brothers … went everywhere trying to find this special heart, and it was a broken heart,” Katherine Jackson said. “When she got it, she went to the morgue and she hung one heart around her father’s neck.” Paris kept the other half, her grandmother said. Paris also kept a pajama shirt of her father’s, Katherine Jackson said, putting it on a pillow on her bed. She hung photos of him in her bedroom, later covering a wall with more pictures. “I was wondering how could she do that because I didn’t want to see him,” Katherine Jackson said. “Every time I saw him I felt so sad.” Katherine Jackson acknowledged that Paris had received medical help following her father’s death, including a hospital stint. The girl has said “that she wanted to go where Daddy was,” she testified. Though her grandsons are more subdued, Katherine Jackson said, they also miss their father. The youngest, Blanket, keeps his hair long -- he “doesn’t want to cut it because that’s the way Michael liked it,” she said. Katherine Jackson said her son changed after his children were born, describing his songs “more loving, more meaningful.” “It just changed his life,” she said of fatherhood. (LATimes)

Panish showed a picture of Blanket with long hair. Mrs. Jackson said he doesn’t want to cut it because that’s the way his dad liked it. Katherine Jackson: “He’s 11 but he’s going to cut it sooner or later,” she said. (AP)

"Michael was one of the best fathers," Mrs. Jackson said. "You'd be surprised what a good father he was." Mrs. Jackson said MJ's writing changed, he was more loving and meaningful, he wrote from his heart more. "Words could not describe the love for his children," Mrs. Jackson described. (ABC7)

Panish: Mrs. Jackson, do you miss your son?
Mrs. Jackson: Words can't explain (ABC7)

Recounting the day Michael died, Katherine became extremely emotional. “Do you miss your son?” Jackson’s attorney Brian Panish asked. Choking back tears, Katherine said: “There are no words.” (Radar)

AEG cross

On cross examination, Katherine admitted it was her choice alone to bring this lawsuit against AEG. She said it was hard sitting in court "listening to people call her son a freak ... it hurts to sit in court and hear all these things. It’s hard for me listening to how sick my son was. (NBC)

Putnam asked if Katherine saw all the exhibits that were going to bed shown in court today. She said yes. (ABC7)

Putnam: You initiated this lawsuit against AEG Live?
Mrs. Jackson: Yes (ABC7)

She doesn't remember when it was filed, brought it on her behalf and the children. It was her choice to bring this lawsuit. She never talked to MJ's children about it, discussed with her children after, but not with Joe. (ABC7) He asked Mrs. Jackson about dates of the suit, Conrad Murray trial. She didn't recall them. (AP)

Putnam only had a few minutes, and he asked Katherine Jackson about who she consulted with before filing her lawsuit.
She said she didn't consult with her children before filing the case.
Putnam: "This was your descision alone?" "Yes," Mrs. Jackson replied.
Katherine Jackson said she didn't discuss it with her grandchildren either. Or Joe Jackson, _ she told jurors he doesn't live with her. (AP)

Putnam asked her about her decision to sue AEG Live in September 2010. She said she didn't discuss with her children or her grandchildren before filing the lawsuit. "This was your decision alone," Putnam asked. She said it was. (AP)

Putnam asked her that despite being very private person she brought on this lawsuit and has lived a very public life for the past 40 years. "My family is famous, I was always on the background," Mrs. Jackson explained. Putnam asked her if she gave interviews to Dateline, 20/20, Oprah (after my son died). She said yes . "My life is as private as much as I can keep it private," she said. She said she was nervous being in front of people she doesn't know. (ABC7)

"I wanted to find out, I think I owe it to my son to find out what really happened to him," Mrs. Jackson said. "I heard stories and I heard from my grandson he was being pressured, that he was asking for his father, that Joe would know what to do." Mrs. Jackson: My son was sick and Kenny Ortega said nobody gave him a cup of tea. Nobody said call the doctor, let's see what's wrong w/ him. Mrs. Jackson: It hurts to seat here in court and hear how sick my son was and no one was trying to help him. (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson said it was hard for her to be sitting here in the courtroom and listening people "call my son a freak, saying he is lazy." "This week I had to listen how broke his was, he didn't take a dime home," Mrs. Jackson said. "Why he didn't take a dime home? Because he was giving it to charity." (ABC7)

Putnam asked her about things that were said in the case that weren't true. She cited the Gongaware "lazy" email. Putnam asked whether Mrs. Jackson said heard Gongaware's explanation that her son didn't like to rehearse. She said no. Katherine Jackson said she closed her ears to some things said during the trial, including Gongaware's explanation of his "lazy" remark. She also mentioned that an AEG executive had called her son a "freak."
"It hurts to sit here and listen to all these things," she said.(AP)

Putnam said Gongaware explained lazy was because her son was late for rehearsal. “He was not lazy," Mrs. Jackson said. "Mr. Jackson was sick, he couldn't rehearse." Putnam: He didn't like 2 rehearse in prior tours. "Michael didn't have to rehearse a lot, he knew the moves, he helped create them" she said (ABC7) Putnam asked her about testimony by tour director Kenny Ortega earlier in the trial, who used the word "lazy" in the sense that Jackson was reluctant to rehearse. "He knew what he was doing. He didn't need that much rehearsing," she said, adding that, in June 2009, her son "was sick and couldn't rehearse." (AFP)

Putnam then asked: But the witnesses called were by your attorney, right? Mrs. Jackson responded yes.
Putnam asked about Dr. Murray: "My son needed another doctor, a real doctor," Mrs. Jackson said. Mrs. Jackson: The doctor was for his children but I didn't know who he was. Later I heard it was Dr. Murray. (ABC7) "My son was sick... and they knew he was sick, and nobody said 'call the doctor.'" she testified, adding that she didn't know who Murray was until after Jackson'w he was sick, and nobody said 'call the doctor.'" she testified, adding that she didn't know who Murrays death. "That doctor was for his children, I didn't know who it was," she said, adding: "My son needed another doctor." (AFP)

Under cross-examination from AEG attorney Marvin Putnam, she grew frustrated and confused and ultimately asked to stop shortly after a lunch break. She returns to the stand on Monday. When Putnam asked why she filed the lawsuit in 2010, she responded: "I want to find out what happened to my son." "My son was being pressured," she added. "He asked for his father. My son was sick. Nobody said 'Call the doctor. What's wrong with him?' Nobody said that."When Putnam said he did have a doctor, Jackson said: "My son needed another doctor, an outside doctor, not Dr. Murray." (Reuters)

"I want the truth on what happened," Katherine testified. Putnam asked what was untrue and bad things said in the trial. Mrs. Jackson said 'they called him freak, having a chance to meet the freak.' Putnam asked if this was sent by someone who is not a party to this lawsuit, sent to AEG Live. Mrs. Jackson: I don't remember who sent it, I know it is hard to seat here and listen to it. He's not a freak. "My son is dead, so anything about him said that is bad, it hurts," Mrs. Jackson explained. (ABC7) "It's hard for me sitting in court and listening to people call my son a freak, saying he was lazy," she said, staring intently at Putnam. "He was not a freak," she added. (AFP)

Putnam: It was very hard hearing all the bad things said about your son for the past 40 years?

Putnam questioned the fact that Mrs. Jackson's attorneys didn't deny the fact that her son had problems with drugs. "My son was on prescription drugs, that doesn't make it true about other drugs they said he was on," Mrs. Jackson said. (ABC7)

Putnam asked if she sued Kenny Ortega as well. She said she doesn't' remember, there was a list of people in the suit. The attorneys stipulated that Mrs. Jackson dropped the lawsuit against Kenny Ortega. Then there was lunch break. (ABC7)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson about suing Kenny Ortega. He asked her whether she was informed when he was dismissed from the case. She looked down and said she forgot whether she had been informed. Putnam asked other questions about Ortega, and Panish objected. Panish noted that they'd addressed the issue when Ortega was on the stand.
The judge sustained the objection. (AP)

"Forget it," she said as she stopped before answering Putnam's question about why she initially included, and later dropped show director Kenny Ortega as a defendant in her lawsuit.
"Forget what ma'am?" Putnam asked.
Jackson remained silent for about a minute, staring back at Putnam.
Would it help to reread the question, he asked.
"No, it wouldn't be helpful," Jackson answered curtly.
The judge finally ordered the question stricken from the record because the answer involved privileged discussions with her lawyers. (CNN)

Putnam: Bringing lawsuit, hadn't spoken with grandchildren or children before filing the suit?

Putnam asked if it was before or after the criminal trial of Dr. Murray. She said she did not remember. Mrs. Jackson was at the criminal trial almost every day. (ABC7)

Putnam: Is it fair to say the criminal trial didn't play in this lawsuit?
Panish: Objection, attorney/client privilege. (ABC7)

Putnam: Is there anything you thought about other than the discussion with your attorneys that you consider in deciding to bring lawsuit?
Mrs. Jackson: Before the Conrad Murray trial? I don't remember
There's no dispute as to the dates of Murray's criminal trial, Panish said. (ABC7)

Putnam asked if she provided any documents to her attorneys to give to them (defendants)?
Panish: Objection -- attorney-client privilege (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson said "yes." Putnam understood she was answering yes to him. "I'm not saying yes for you," she responded. Everyone laughed. At this point, Mrs. Jackson spoke quietly to the judge and judge decided to end the day short, since she was too tired to continue. (ABC7) Questioning of Michael Jackson's mother has been suspended after a judge determined she needed a break for the weekend. Katherine Jackson testified for about 10 minutes in an afternoon session before Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos questioned whether she could continue. (AP) Mrs. Jackson testified for about 10 mins before judge recessing for the weekend. The judge conferred with Mrs. Jackson after she had difficulty answering several questions from Putnam. (AP)

Anzeige
melden

22.07.2013 um 13:14
Katherine Jackson vor Gericht

„Michael war nicht faul
– das ist eine Lüge!“

Sie kämpft um den Ruf des verstorbenen „King of Pop“

2w650c0.bild
Im Prozess gegen den Konzertveranstalter AEG kämpft Katherine Jackson um den Ruf ihres verstobenen Sohnes – „King of Pop“ Michael Jackson

21.07.2013 - 23:13 Uhr

Es geht um 40 Milliarden Dollar Schadenersatz – und den Ruf ihres verstorbenen Sohnes Michael Jackson († 50): Im Prozess gegen den Konzertveranstalter „AEG Live“ wehrt sich Jackos Mutter Katherine (83) gegen Aussagen, ihr Sohn sei arbeitsscheu gewesen.

„Michael war nicht faul. Das ist die größte Lüge überhaupt“, ereiferte sich Katherine Jackson laut „abc News“ am Freitag im Zeugenstand vor dem Zivilgericht in L.A.. „Das Schwerste ist, hier zu sitzen und mir all die schlimmen Dinge anzuhören, die über meinen Sohn gesagt werden.“ Der King of Pop habe von klein auf Hummeln im Hintern gehabt. „Ich hatte ihn im Arm und er hat die ganze Zeit gezappelt und getanzt.“

Tatsächlich war Michael Jackson von Kindesbeinen an dem Drill durch Familienoberhaupt Joe Jackson (83) unterworfen: Als Fünfjähriger wurde er jüngstes Mitglied der Brüder-Band „The Jackson Five“, zunächst als Bongo-Spieler, dann als Tänzer und Sänger. Schon 1971 veröffentlichte der 13-jährige Michael seine erste Solo-Single „Got to Be There“, im Jahr darauf folgte sein Debüt-Album „Ben“. Jackson begann, als Komponist und Texter für Soul-Diva Diana Ross (69) zu arbeiten, wurde Drehbuchautor der TV-Serie „Captain EO“.

Seine Solo-LP „Thriller“ katapultierte Michael Jackson 1982 auf den Thron als „King of Pop“, verkaufte sich allein im Erscheinungsjahr in den USA über 20 Millionen Mal!

Trotz schwerer Abhängigkeit von Schmerzmitteln ging der Hit-Gigant Anfang der 90er auf seine auf 18 Monate angelegte „Dangerous“-Welttour – kurz vor ihrem Ende, im November 1993, zwang ihn die Sucht schließlich in die Knie. Bis heute hat Jacko mehr als 750 Millionen Tonträger verkauft – und träumte 2009 von einem letzten großen Comeback, wollte 50 Mega-Konzerte geben.

Seine Mutter wirft „AEG Live“ vor, man hätte ihrem Sohn dieses Pensum niemals aufbürden dürfen, er sei gesundheitlich nicht in der Lage gewesen. AEG habe Jackos labilen Zustand gekannt, sein Wohlergehen und seine Sicherheit aber bewusst vernachlässigt – aus reiner Geldgier! Doch Katherine Jackson selbst ließ im Zeugenstand nun erahnen, dass die Wahrheit eine andere sein könnte: Jacko war ein Tänzer, vielleicht auch ein Getriebener. Er konnte und wollte nicht stillsitzen – bis zum Schluss.

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/katherine-jackson/verteidigt-vor-gericht-den-ruf-von-michael-jackson-31427634.bild.html

ähnliche Berichte
http://www.stern.de/kultur/musik/niemand-hat-ihm-geholfen-2040918.html (Archiv-Version vom 29.07.2013)
http://www.n-tv.de/leute/Michael-Jacksons-Mutter-ist-empoert-article11025486.html

melden

22.07.2013 um 13:19
Michael Jackson's mom faces cross examination in death trial

By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 1:33 AM EDT, Mon July 22, 2013

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Katherine Jackson "lost her temper a little bit" under questioning Friday, lawyer says
* Jurors appeared to pay close attention, leaning forward and often smiling as Jackson testified
* Young Michael Jackson was "a sweet little boy," his mother says
* Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer hints he may be willing to testify in the trial

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother faces more questioning Monday from a lawyer for the concert promoter she's suing in her son's death.

Katherine Jackson became "confused and tired" when AEG Live lawyer Marvin Putnam asked her "some pretty complex questions very fast" during his cross examination Friday, her attorney said.

"She was trying to answer the questions the best she could," Jackson lawyer Brian Panish said. "I think maybe she lost her temper a little bit and she tried to restrain herself in a very Christian-like way."

The judge adjourned court two hours early Friday when Jackson told her she needed to rest, but she resumes her testimony in a Los Angeles courtroom Monday morning.

She is the lead plaintiff -- along with Michael Jackson's three children -- in a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live. The suit contends the agency is liable in his death because it hired, retained or supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who is serving a prison sentence for involuntary manslaughter in the pop icon's death.

AEG Live lawyers, who will begin presenting their defense once Katherine Jackson's testimony ends, promised in opening statements 12 weeks ago to show the jury "ugly stuff" to prove that Michael Jackson was responsible for his own death.

Jackson testified that she filed the lawsuit "because I want to know what really happened to my son."

Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, from an overdose of a surgical anesthetic administered by Murray, just two weeks before his "This It It" concerts were set to premiere at AEG's O2 Arena in London.

His mother testified that she believed her son could have completed the 50 scheduled shows concerts "if they had been spaced out."

She called AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips because she was worried that the schedule didn't give him enough rest between shows.

"I told him Michael can't do those shows, you have to change the schedule," she said. "If they spaced them out, he could have done a million shows."

Humble beginnings

Last week, jurors appeared to pay close attention, leaning forward and often smiling, as the matriarch of one of the world's most famous entertainment families recounted how she and her husband raised nine children in a tiny Gary, Indiana, home. They saw rare home videos of the Jacksons and heard songs Michael wrote for his children.

"I want the jurors to just recognize that there's people involved in this case," Panish said, explaining the significance of the mother's testimony. "We've seen a lot of testimony about numbers and e-mails, but there are people behind it all."

The testimony was perhaps more intimate and revealing than a Barbara Walters television special. As with a Walters interview, there were tears.

Katherine Jackson's family moved to East Chicago, Illinois, just three years after she was born in rural Barbour County, Alabama, in 1930, she said. She wore a brace on her left leg as a child because she suffered from polio.

Musical talent ran in her family, including a great-grandfather known as "a very good singer." She played the clarinet in the high school band.

She was 19 when she married Joe Jackson, a 21-year-old steel mill worker. The couple bought a four-room house, about the size of a garage, that was coincidentally located on Jackson Street in Gary, she said.

The two oldest girls slept on a couch in the living room, while the boys slept on bunk beds in one of the two bedrooms, she said. The closeness may have contributed to their music careers. "I would wake up to the boys harmonizing and singing," Jackson said.

The growing family lived "payday to payday," stretching the money by dressing the children in homemade clothes, getting shoes from the Salvation Army, watching newspaper ads for sales and driving into the country to pick vegetables, she said.

"I knew how to cook a potato in every way," Jackson joked, when asked if she was a good cook.

Jackson took a sales clerk job at the Sears Roebuck store in Gary just before her youngest child, Janet, came along, she said.

Young Michael was "a sweet little boy," she said, always "sensitive and loving." His mother recounted how 3-year-old Michael held Randy's hand and cried because his younger brother was sick.

His mother saw early signs of her son's talent. He would kick while in her arms when he heard music, she said. "When he started to walk, he was dancing."

Michael's earliest dancing was to the rhythm of a rusty old washing machine. "He was down there dancing while sucking the bottle to the squeaking of the washer," she said.

He would "save his pennies and nickels" to buy candy, which he used to set up a store. "He liked to play 'store man,' " she testified.

While the family had an old television set, it would often break down, she said. Her children first started singing for entertainment when there was no money to pay the TV repairman.

The brothers took their singing beyond the home by entering school talent shows. "It had got so that they won all the contests," she said. "They would see the Jacksons coming and say 'Oh, my God, they're going to win again.'"

Their mother initially named their group "The Jackson Brothers 5," but a woman who was composing an ad for an appearance shortened it to "The Jackson 5," she said.

Michael's first public performance came when he sang "Climb Every Mountain" in a school program when he was just 5, she said.

"He started singing the song, and he sang it with such clarity, not flat or anything. I sat there and cried. He got a standing ovation."

Although Jermaine was initially the lead singer, Michael got the job after his mother forced her husband to listen to him sing, she said.

Singing gigs started to pay after Motown artists Gladys Knight & the Pips and The Temptations began hiring them as opening acts whenever they were performing near Gary, she said. Motown Records founder Berry Gordy Jr. signed the Jackson 5 to a contract, and their first four singles became No. 1 hits, she said.

The family moved to Los Angeles just as "Jackson mania" was breaking out, she said. "There were so many girls around he house I got so tired of it," she said.

Jurors saw a clip of 14-year-old Michael singing "Ben" at the Oscar Awards in 1973. "He liked that song because he liked the rats," his mother said.

She then told a story about discovering her son had a mouse in his pocket during dinner at a Beverly Hills restaurant. "I was very upset with him."

'Everything went dark'

Jackson described when she learned her son had died at the emergency room at UCLA's Ronald Reagan Medical Center.

"Everything went dark and I just started screaming," she said.

Then the children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- were told.

"Paris was screaming, looking up at the sky saying 'Daddy, I want to go with you, I can't live without you,' " she testified. "Paris looked at me and asked 'Grandma, where are we going?' I told her 'You're going home with grandma.' "

Paris has had "the hardest time" since her father's death, she said.

"One of my grandchildren told me that she would tell them that she wants to go where her daddy was," she said.

Now 15, Paris has been in a psychiatric facility for treatment since a suicide attempt on June 5.

Jackson lawyers punctuated their presentation with a montage of home videos of Michael Jackson with his children, using a recording of his song "Speechless." Jackson said her son wrote the song about a father's love for his children -- and the lack of words to express it -- in just 45 minutes.

"Mrs. Jackson, do you miss your son?" Panish asked her as he concluded his direct questioning

"Words can't explain," she replied.

Cross examination by AEG team

Putnam's questioning of Katherine Jackson began when he inquired whether it was her personal decision -- or someone else's -- to file the wrongful death lawsuit.

It was hers alone, she said. She did not discuss it with her husband or grandchildren.

"I've heard a lot of stories," she said. The trial may bring her answers, she hoped.

"I want to know the truth, what happened to him," she said.

Jackson appeared upset, complaining about the suggestions by an AEG Live lawyer last week that her son was broke when he died.

"Because he gave it to charity," she said. "It hurts to sit here and listen to all those things."

She complained to Putnam that AEG Live executives did not call "an outside doctor" to help her son after show director Kenny Ortega told them he needed urgent help in his last days.

"My son needed another doctor, not Dr. Murray," she said.

Jackson then recalled an e-mail written by a top AEG executive referring to Michael Jackson as "the freak" just hours before their company signed the pop icon to a huge concert deal.

"They called him a freak," she said. "They were making fun of him -- 'Finally get a chance to meet the freak.' "

"My son is dead," she said. "He's not here to talk for himself."

Dr. Conrad Murray testimony?

The doctor who was convicted in Jackson's death is "following the trial closely" from the jail where he is serving a four-year sentence, his lawyer, Valerie Wass, said Friday. She was in the courtroom to hear Jackson's testimony.

She surprised reporters afterward by hinting that Murray may be willing to testify in the trial, despite earlier signing a statement saying he would not since his appeal is still pending.

"It's been his intention all along to assert his Fifth Amendment privilege, but it's something we're re-evaluating on a daily basis, and it's possible he might want to testify," Wass said. He might "be willing to testify about certain aspects of the case."

AEG Live's defense team told the judge last week they have no intention of calling the doctor as a witness. Jackson's lead lawyer said Friday he's not "sure Conrad Murray is going to add much."

"I don't see how he could be incriminated by telling the truth at this point," Wass said. "We're considering it. We're both discussing the issue."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/22/showbiz/jackson-death-trial/index.html

melden

22.07.2013 um 13:25
The Jacko-pot: Family alrady dreaming of AEG Live suit’s billions
Family dreams of suit’s billions

By STACY BROWN
Last Updated: 9:55 AM, July 21, 2013
Posted: 1:01 AM, July 21, 2013

The Jacksons are already counting the billions they’re convinced they’ll get in their wrongful-death suit against concert promoter AEG Live.

Family sources said matriarch Katherine, 83, and her children, Rebbie, 63, Jermaine, 58, and Randy, 51, have been meeting regularly at a secret location in Beverly Hills to discuss how to divvy up the loot. Even superstar Janet, 48, attended a couple of the sessions.

The civil case — brought by Michael Jackson’s mother and three children, Prince, 16, Paris, 15, and Blanket, 11 — is expected to wrap next month.

Jackson-AEGSuit-Glance095215--300x300

They are seeking a jury award for as much as $40 billion. The money would be split four ways, with Katherine and Jacko’s kids receiving $10 billion each. Family members would divide Katherine’s haul, while the kids’ money would go into a trust.

“You’re still talking about each getting at least a billion,” an insider said. “A little less if Jackie, Tito, Marlon and Latoya decide they want a piece.”

Jackie, 62, Tito, 59, Marlon, 56, and Latoya, 57, have not attended the meetings and are believed to be uninterested in what some deride as “blood money.”

The family alleges AEG was negligent in hiring Jacko’s death doctor, Conrad Murray, for the singer’s “This is It” comeback tour in 2009. Murray, who administered a fatal dose of the potent drug propofol to Jacko, is serving a four-year prison term for manslaughter.

Last week, an accountant testified Jacko would have easily earned up to $1.5 billion had he lived, testimony that further boosted the family’s conviction they will hit the jackpot.

“I’m not sure [the family] sees it as counting their chickens before they are hatched,” a family member told The Post. “Anyone who has followed this trial can easily see AEG is liable. So, it stands to reason that the $1.5 billion . . . would be a starting point.

“The punitive damages are going to be billions more because, this is Michael. They killed the King of Pop,” the source said.

“Jermaine and Randy have the most ambitious plans, no doubt about it.”

Jermaine, who changed his surname earlier this year to “Jacksun,” wants to buy out the popular Ferrari World, a 2.1 million-square-foot theme park on Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island.

“Money talks, and you know what else walks,” Jermaine told a family member.

Randy, the clan’s youngest, has designs on restoring Michael’s Neverland estate., creating a music school at the desolate Santa Barbara County ranch, and bringing back the menagerie, including Bubbles, Jacko’s famous chimp chum.

“Randy plans to use his share of the money to fight the estate because he’s always been serious about what he feels are Michael’s wishes and Randy still believes unequivocally that Michael’s will is a fake and [executors] John Branca and John McClain should not be in charge,” another family source said.

Rebbie, whose husband died earlier this year, is said to simply want to purchase a condominium in Southern California and do some traveling.

“Rebbie needs to hit the re-set button,” the source said.

Despite a regular monthly allowance topping $30,000 from her son’s estate, Katherine is seeking her own cash to leave behind for her children and grandchildren, sources told The Post.

“She wants the other children to know that she fought for their well-being,” the source said.

Questions persist on whether the family can handle the windfall.

The Gloved One and his siblings made $40 million during the 1984 Victory tour, a sum that was supposed give Michael freedom from family leeches. Each brother was paid $8 million.

“Maybe the money they’ll make from this will set them up comfortably. Then, I’m out of it,” Jacko said at the time.

But that plan unraveled as the brothers purchased luxury autos and homes; lavished expensive gifts on multiple wives, mistresses and baby mamas; and made poor investments.

Jermaine married three times – not including an unrecognized wedding in 1999 inside an Encino mosque. He has 9 children. He eventually declared bankruptcy.

Randy married twice and has three children. Randy and Jermaine also took turns fathering children with the same woman, fashion designer Alejandra Oaziaza, who successfully sued both brothers for child and spousal support.

Jackie, also married twice, famously was injured after a spat with his first wife, Enid Jackson, over an alleged affair with Paula Abdul, who was the Victory tour’s choreographer and eventually became a judge on American Idol.

The fight led to a motorcycle accident that resulted in the singer breaking his leg, forcing him to miss most of the 1984 tour.

The poorly managed apartments fell into disrepair, tenants stopped paying rent, and the complex was sold at auction to pay taxes and liens.

“That should have set us up for a long time,” Jermaine once said. “Things just didn’t work out and we let it go,” he said.

In 1994, New Jersey businessman Henry Vaccarro won a $1.4 million judgment against the family.

In 1995, Jermaine declared bankruptcy, listing about $5 million in debt for state and federal tax liens.

By 1997, the family, excluding Michael, Janet and Latoya, filed for Chapter 11 protection, listing debts totaling $50 million.

In 1999, Katherine and Joseph Jackson jointly filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Their debts included $35,000 owed on a Mercedes, $60,000 on a Land Rover, and civil judgments of more than $22 million.

$32,000 owed to the California Franchise Tax Board, and $118,000 to the IRS.

In 2001, Randy pleaded guilty to bankruptcy fraud because he admittedly failed to list a sport utility vehicle in a previous 1996 bankruptcy filing.

“Everyone is saying this time is going to be different because they know that once this money comes in from AEG, this is really it,” the source said. “There are no more tours and there is no longer Michael.”

* Stacy Brown is a reporter and longtime friend of the Jackson family.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_jacko_pot_QBQe4MulVcOlWXS07ufvqK

melden

22.07.2013 um 13:42
How Jackson family ‘held secret meetings to plot how they will spend the $40BILLION they expect to win from AEG’

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 19:56 GMT, 21 July 2013 | UPDATED: 07:22 GMT, 22 July 2013

Though the trial of Michael Jackson’s concert company is only just heating up, some members of the Jackson family could be staying cool by discussing what they’ll do with the billions they believe they’ll receive in the wrongful death suit.

The prosecution’s case against promotion company AEG Live, in which Jackson matriarch Katherine—along with Michael’s children Prince, 16, Paris, 15, and Blanket, 11—alleges the company is responsible for Jackson’s 2009 death, came to a tearful close Friday as Katherine tearfully described finding out about her son's death and that she had voiced concerns about his comeback concert schedule .

After other recent testimony revealed the massive haul Michael would have received from the ‘This is It’ tour he was rehearsing for when he died, the family the megastar left behind is now reportedly expecting to receive upwards of $40 billion.

This, according to sources who told the New York Post that Michael’s sister Rebbie, 63, and brothers Jermaine, 58, and Randy, 51, have been meeting in a secret Beverly Hills location to discuss how they’ll divvy up the huge settlement they expect to get out of the case.

According to the source, excitement amongst the performer family has heightened after an accountant testified for the prosecution last week that Michael could have easily taken home $1.5 billion from his ill-fated tour.

The Post’s source even claims Janet Jackson, arguably the most successful Jackson after Michael, has been involved in some of the meetings.

But since AEG’s defense has yet to even present their case, are the Jacksons getting ahead of themselves?

article-0-1AE4F885000005DC-98 306x423
Spending already? Katherine Jackson and three of her children are allegedly meeting in secret to discuss the billions they believe they'll win in their wrongful death case against AEG Live
article-2371231-1AE65C71000005DC-986 634
In the courts: The case was brought against AEG Live by Katherine Jackson and Michael's children Prince (pictured here with Katherine), Paris, and Blanket
article-0-1AE5AC92000005DC-560 634x504
Witnesses: A sketch of Jackson testifying Friday. The Post reports that another witness, who claimed Jackson would have earned $1.5B on his ill-fated tour, has the family expecting an outcome worth billions
article-2371231-1AE52209000005DC-892 634
Meeting? Rebbie Jackson, sister of Michael, leaves the courthouse Friday. The Post alleges Rebbie, along with brothers Jermaine and Randy and mother Katherine, are holding secret meetings to discuss how to handle their multi-billion dollar win
article-0-1AED545B000005DC-302 634x654
Youngest: Randy Jackson, the youngest of the brood, is also reportedly meeting in secret to plan how to divvy the multi-billion dollar court haul

‘I’m not sure [the family] sees it as counting their chickens before they are hatched,’ a family member told The Post. ‘Anyone who has followed this trial can easily see AEG is liable. So, it stands to reason that the $1.5 billion . . . would be a starting point.’

A starting point from which, the source said, punitive damages can only go up and up.

‘You’re still talking about each getting at least a billion,’ the insider claimed. ‘A little less if Jackie, Tito, Marlon and Latoya decide they want a piece.’

article-2370090-1AC9B34A000005DC-992 634
Tragic: Michael Jackson died while rehearsing his 'This is It' tour in 2009. The family claims AEG contributed to his death and wants billions

The Post reports that those three aren’t interested in collecting from the case and say they’re not interested in ‘blood money.’

Meanwhile, The Post claims Jermaine already intends to buy the Adu Dhabi theme park Ferrari World and that Randy wants to restore the Neverland Ranch.

‘Randy plans to use his share of the money to fight the estate because he’s always been serious about what he feels are Michael’s wishes,’ The Post claims.

Mrs. Jackson was expected to be the final witness called by her attorneys in the negligence lawsuit against AEG Live that has lasted 12 weeks. The defense case is scheduled to begin next week.

article-0-1AED5457000005DC-966 634x645
Further inheritence? (From left) Blanket Jackson, Paris Jackson and Prince Jackson. If the family winds against AEG, the winnings will be divided between the three children and Katherine Jackson

The case surrounds the prosecution’s claim that AEG contributed to Jackson’s death, in part, by hiring Dr. Conrad Murray, who was sentenced to four years in prison in 2011 for his role in Jackson’s death.

AEG denies it hired the doctor or bears any responsibility for the singer's death.

Jackson family attorneys at Panish, Shea & Boyle did not immediately return a call placed Sunday afternoon.

Katherine Jackson also said she had heard from her other children that Michael Jackson was abusing prescription medication, but she didn't know what to believe. She said she visited him in Las Vegas a few years ago to ask him about it.

‘He promised, he kept saying, “I'm OK,"’ she told the jury. ‘Sometimes the mothers are the last to know.’

She said she told her son, ‘I don't want to hear on the news that you're not here anymore.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372641/Michael-Jackson-family-meetings-discuss-divide-court-payout-expectation-theyll-win-billions-AEG.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

melden

22.07.2013 um 13:44
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 20 Jul
Katherine Jackson will resume testifying at 9:30 a.m. PDT on Monday. I'll be back in court then.
2:38 AM - 20 Jul 13

melden

22.07.2013 um 13:45
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 20 Jul
Mrs. Jackson will resume testimony on Monday at 9:30 am PT, with more cross examination. We hope to see you then! Have a great weekend!
5:19 AM - 20 Jul 13

melden

22.07.2013 um 14:11
Quelle: Jackson.CH ~ Schweizer MJ Forum ...

The Jacksons vs. AEG Live — Zeugen der Jacksons, 37. Teil

21. Juli 2013

Seit Freitag ist Katherine Jackson, Michaels Mutter, im Zeugenstand. Ihre Aussage wird am Montag fortgesetzt und es wird angenommen, dass sie die letzte Zeugin der Jackson Seite sein wird. Anschliessend wird AEG Live seine Zeugen aufrufen. AEG Anwalt Putnam liess diese Woche verlauten, dass sie 30 Prozesstage dafür beanspruchen werden. Dh. der Prozess wird definitiv nicht Anfang August beendet werden, wie ursprünglich angenommen, sondern kann sich nun noch bis Mitte September ziehen.

“Am schwierigsten ist es, hier im Gerichtssaal zu sitzen und all die schlechten Dinge über meinen Sohn zu hören”, so Katherine. “Zahlreiche Fakten, die hier erzählt wurden, entsprechen nicht der Wahrheit”, sagte Katherine. Zum Beispiel stimme es nicht, dass Michael faul war, wie in einer E-Mail von AEG bezüglich Michaels Konzertvorbereitungen stand. Vor allem aber beanstandete Katherine eine E-Mail vom Leiter der Rechtsabteilung von AEG Lives Muttergesellschaft, in der dieser Michael “Freak” nannte.

“[Michael] ist nicht hier, um für sich selbst zu sprechen”, aber sie werde ihr Bestes tun, um dies für ihn zu tun. Als die Jackson Anwälte Katherine befragten und den Geschworenen ein Video von klein Michael gezeigt wurde, in dem er performte, hörten die Geschworenen aufmerksam zu.

“Wieso sind Sie hier”, fragte Brian Panish seine Zeugin. “Weil ich wissen will, was meinem Sohn wirklich zugestossen ist. Deshalb bin ich hier”, so Katherine. Wie sie sich gefühlt hatte, als sie bei der eidesstattlichen Zeugeneinvernahme vor Prozessbeginn während 12 Stunden AEG Anwalt Putnams persönliche und bohrende Fragen hatte beantworten müssen, fragte Panish. “Ich fühlte mich schlecht dabei, denn mein Sohn war ein sehr guter Mensch. Er liebte alle, er spendete für wohltätige Zwecke, er war im Guiness Book of World Records für seine Spenden”, so Katherine.

Marvin Putnam musste sich der Herausforderung stellen, bei seinem Kreuzverhör von Katherine nicht unfreundlich zu erscheinen, jedoch gleichzeitig für seine Seite ihre Zeugenaussage zu diskreditieren. Als er Katherine fragen wollte, warum sie Kenny Ortega anfangs auf der Zeugenliste für die Jacksons hatte, dann aber strich, unterbrach ihn Katherine, dass er dies vergessen solle. Was solle er vergessen, fragte Putnam. Katherine Jackson blieb für ca. eine Minute ruhig und starrte Putnam an. Dieser fragte sie dann, ob es helfen würde, wenn er ihr seine Frage nochmals vorlesen liesse. Nein, das wäre nicht hilfreich, so Katherine. Die Richterin liess die Frage dann vom Gerichtsprotokoll streichen, da die Antwort privilegierte Gespräche mit ihren Anwälten betreffen würde.

Nach der Mittagspause nahm Katherine wieder Platz im Zeugenstand. Kurz nachdem AEG Anwalt Putnam sie weiter befragte, sagte sie jedoch der Richterin, dass sie müde sei. Die Geschworenen wurden entlassen und Katherine Jackson kann am Montagmorgen mit ihrer Aussage weiterfahren.

Putnam hatte bereits in seinem Eröffnungsplädoyer angekündigt, dass sie den Fall der Jacksons als “lächerlich” bezeichnen und “nun werden wir damit anfangen zu zeigen, was hier wirklich passiert ist”. Wie die AEG Seite bei ihrem Eröffnungsplädoyer bereits angekündigt haben, werden sie “einige hässliche Sachen” aufzeigen und Michael Jacksons “tiefste und dunkelste Geheimnisse” an den Tag bringen.

Auf die Frage von Richterin Palazuelos betreffend Putnams Pläne in Sachen Conrad Murray, antwortete dieser am Mittwoch, dass er nicht vorhabe, Murray in den Zeugenstand zu rufen — obwohl sie dies anfangs nicht ausgeschlossen hatten — es sei denn, dies sei notwenig. Conrad Murray, so sei erinnert, würde sich aber in dem Fall ziemlich sicher auf sein verfassungsrechtliches Aussageverweigerungsrecht berufen. Seine Anwältin hatte beiden Seiten vor Prozessbeginn ein entsprechendes Statement ihres Klienten mit diesem Inhalt abgegeben.

Zu guter Letzt sei noch erwähnt, dass es am Dienstag wieder eine Kollision der beiden Anwälte, Brian Panish und Marvin Putnam, gab. Beide sprachen im Gang in ca. 5m Abstand zu einander mit der Presse, als sie plötzlich verbal auf einander los gingen. Ein Gerichtsbeamter unterbrach die hitzige Auseinandersetzung. Am nächsten Morgen rief die Richterin die beiden ins Richterzimmer und legte fest, dass diese inskünftig im Gang nicht mehr mit den Journalisten sprechen dürfen.

Für diejenigen, die interessiert sind an Katherines Gesamtaussage vom Freitag siehe hier http://de.scribd.com/doc/154896211/Jackson-V-AEG-Live-July-19th-2013-Transcripts-of-Katherine-Jackson für das Protokoll. An dieser Stelle möchten wir auf einen Spendenaufruf von teammichaeljackson.com aufmerksam machen. Die Protokolle werden privat verfasst. Dh. es reist jeden Prozesstag jemand vor Ort und notiert sich alles. Die Seite hat Tausende von Hits — da der Prozess nicht via TV übertragen wird, ist dies die einzige Möglichkeit, alles zu erfahren und sich einen eigenen Eindruck abseits der Medien zu verschaffen. Ohne Spenden, so kündigte teammichaeljackson.com an, werden sie nur noch die nächste Woche im Stande sein, vom Prozess zu berichten. Wer regelmässig Nutzen vom Service von teammichaeljackson macht, sei gebeten deren Aufwand mit einem finanziellen Beitrag zu unterstützen. Siehe hier http://teammichaeljackson.com/archives/9022 für weitere Infos.

Quellen: jackson.ch, cnn.com, teammichaeljackson.com

Weiterlesen unter http://www.jackson.ch/the-jacksons-vs-aeg-live-zeugen-der-jacksons-37-teil/
Copyright © jackson.ch

melden

23.07.2013 um 11:29
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 8h
Details from the remainder of Katherine Jackson's testimony coming up now. Here's my story on her testimony: http://yhoo.it/1624kQp
( http://news.yahoo.com/jacksons-mother-resumes-testimony-la-courtroom-192413524.html )
3:12 AM - 23 Jul 13

Jackson's mother resumes testimony in LA courtroom

Associated Press
ANTHONY McCARTNEY 13 hours ago

3f50ea2842e81018380f6a7067002362
FILE - In this June 29, 2013 file photo, Prince Jackson, left, and Katherine Jackson arrive at the world premiere of "Michael Jackson

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's mother testified Monday that she does not believe her son had any responsibility for his own death.

Katherine Jackson was responding to a question from attorney Marvin Putnam, who represents AEG Live LLC, the promoter of her son's ill-fated "This Is It" concerts.

Katherine Jackson, 83, is suing AEG Live, claiming it failed to properly investigate Dr. Conrad Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving the singer an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

Putnam told jurors during opening statements in the negligence lawsuit in April that the case centered on personal responsibility — specifically Michael Jackson's decision to ask Murray to administer propofol as a sleep aid while he prepared for his shows.

AEG Live denies it hired the doctor or bears any responsibility for Michael Jackson's death.

Katherine Jackson said she believes AEG Live hired Murray, not her son. She said she never heard of the cardiologist until her son died, and indicated that she felt Murray bore responsibility for her son's death.

"Even though he asked for it, he could have said no," Katherine Jackson said of Murray.

She said she asked prosecutors to drop a $100 million restitution claim against Murray because he has several children.

"His money should go to the children," she said.

Putnam also asked Katherine Jackson about her son's payments to her over the years. She said he directly paid many of the expenses on her home and would occasionally give her cash as a gift.

Katherine Jackson said she didn't keep track of the payments and appeared to grow annoyed at the questions.

"What does this have to do with the death of my son," she asked Putnam.

The attorney also asked about Katherine Jackson about conversations she had with her son about prescription drug use.

She said she asked him about it when he lived in Las Vegas and he denied he was abusing prescription medications.

"I'm a mother, quite naturally he denied it," she said. "He wouldn't want me to think that."

She said she was aware her son took medications for pain in his back and scalp after he sustained injuries over his career. She said she never saw signs that her son was abusing medications, including when she and several of her children went to the singer's Neverland Ranch for an intervention.

Her son was fine but upset that they thought he had a problem.

Katherine Jackson began her testimony on Friday. She tearfully described learning about his death and told jurors that he had been her primary means of financial support throughout his life.

"Michael took care of me, my every need, my every want," she said Friday. "He gave me everything."

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP (Archiv-Version vom 03.10.2013)

http://news.yahoo.com/jacksons-mother-resumes-testimony-la-courtroom-192413524.html

melden

23.07.2013 um 11:35
Katherine Jackson contentious, forgetful when asked about son Michael

By Jeff Gottlieb
July 22, 2013, 2:52 p.m.

<iframe src="http://embed.newsinc.com/Single/iframe.html?WID=1&VID=24964640&freewheel=69016&sitesection=selatimes&width=600&height=400" height="400" width="600" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

As she moved from the emotion of her earlier testimony to specifics Monday, Michael Jackson's mother come across as a contentious and forgetful 83-year-old who contradicted herself while trying to defend her son.

Asked about reports that she and her other children had staged an intervention effort at Michael’s Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County in 2002, Katherine Jackson testified that her son didn't know why his family had driven there and made it sound as if the visit had turned into a social gathering.

“We just saw he was OK and was upset, and ... there was no deep discussion or anything," she said under questioning.

She said that neither she nor her other children questioned the singer about his use of prescription medication.

Katherine Jackson and the pop singer’s three children are suing entertainment giant AEG Live, claiming that the firm is complicit in the entertainer’s 2009 death. On the stand Friday, the entertainer's mother was a powerful witness, at times smiling as she recounted memories of her son as a baby and then weeping as she recalled the day he died.

On Monday, she seemed unfamiliar with some of the details of Michael’s life. She told the court she didn’t know her son's "Dangerous" tour had come to an early ending in 1993 when Elizabeth Taylor flew to Mexico City to take the singer to a rehab program in London.

Katherine Jackson testified that she’d she heard that Taylor had said something about her son going into rehab but didn't seem particularly curious about it.

“Nobody came to me and said anything about it," she said. "My children probably didn’t want me to worry.”

She said she didn't know that her son’s worldwide tour had been cut short. "I don't like to hear bad news," she said.

In the wrongful death suit, the family contends that AEG Live negligently hired and supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who gave the singer a dose of the anesthetic propofol that killed him on June 25, 2009. AEG, which was producing the pop star’s “This Is It” comeback tour, says it was the singer who hired Murray.

Katherine Jackson has spent much of the 2 ½-month trial sitting in the front row of the spectator section with a nephew.

At times her anger toward AEG attorney Marvin Putnam flared, and she refused to answer some questions. Putnam tried to parry with her at least once. She had a hard time recalling how long her assistant had worked for her but corrected Putnam over how long it had been since she had lived in Gary, Ind.

After a small portion of her deposition was shown to the jury, her temper erupted.

“Why are you doing this to me?" she asked. "You’re asking me the same question 50 times, but you’re just rephrasing them."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-katherine-jackson-asked-about-son-20130722,0,7251440.story

melden

23.07.2013 um 11:38
Jackson's mother appears contentious, forgetful on witness stand

Brimming with emotion in her testimony last week, Katherine Jackson contradicts herself Monday while trying to defend her son.

By Jeff Gottlieb
July 22, 2013, 9:10 p.m.

Brimming with emotion when she first took the witness stand last week, Michael Jackson's mother came across Monday as a contentious, forgetful 83-year-old who contradicted herself while trying to defend her son.

Katherine Jackson, who along with the singer's three children is suing concert promoter AEG Live for the superstar's wrongful death, said she was unfamiliar with some of the more sensational details in her son's life.

She said she didn't know that Michael's "Dangerous" tour had come to an early end in 1993 when Elizabeth Taylor flew to Mexico City to take the singer to a rehab hospital in London. The family matriarch said she didn't even realize the world tour had been cut short.

The singer made a public announcement that he was canceling the remainder of the tour to seek treatment for an addiction to painkillers, but apparently no one told his mother.

"I don't like to hear bad news," Katherine Jackson said.

AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam asked her about an intervention she and her children staged at Michael's Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County in 2002 over his abuse of painkillers. Katherine Jackson made it sound like a normal family gathering.

She said that neither she nor her children questioned the singer about his use of prescription medication.

"We just saw he was OK and was upset, and ... there was no deep discussion or anything," she said.

Katherine Jackson said that after a couple of her children had said Michael had a problem with prescription drugs, she questioned him about it when the singer was living in Las Vegas. She said she knew her son was taking painkillers for the burns he suffered to his scalp while filming a Pepsi commercial and for a back injury, but he denied he was abusing the medication. She said that was good enough for her.

She said she told her son that she didn't want him "to end up like the others," a reference to other celebrities who had died of drug overdoses.

Putnam showed a 2010 interview during which Katherine Jackson told Oprah Winfrey, "It was a long time before I knew he was addicted" to prescription drugs.

When Putnam asked her how she squared the comment with her testimony, Katherine Jackson answered: "I kind of believed him, and I didn't believe him."

In their lawsuit, Katherine Jackson and her son's three children claim that AEG Live, which was promoting and producing Michael's 50 comeback concerts in London, negligently hired and supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who gave the singer the dose of the anesthetic propofol that killed him on June 25, 2009. AEG says that the singer hired Murray and that any money it was supposed to pay the doctor would have been an advance to Jackson.

Katherine Jackson has spent much of the 21/2-month trial sitting in the front row of the courtroom with her nephew Trent. She arrived in court Monday wearing a floral-patterned coat and a maroon blouse, with gold hoop earrings and a gold necklace.

At times her anger toward Putnam flared, and she refused to answer some questions. After a short portion of her deposition was shown to the jury, she asked Putnam: "Why are you doing this to me? You're asking me the same question 50 times, but you're just rephrasing them."

But the day was not without humor.

When Brian Panish, one of the attorneys for the Jacksons, objected to a question on the grounds of hearsay, Katherine Jackson chimed in, "I agree."

"Are you familiar with hearsay, ma'am?" Putnam asked.

"Are you talking to me?" Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos replied.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0723-katherine-jackson-20130723,0,6737520.story

melden

23.07.2013 um 11:50
Combative Katherine Jackson Clashes With AEG Attorney

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 @ 15:44PM | By Jen Heger

Katherine Jackson clashed with the lawyer representing the concert promoter AEG during the Jackson family matriarch’s second day of testimony in the wrongful death lawsuit of her son Michael Jackson.

During cross examination, Katherine Jackson told jurors she was unaware that Michael Jackson’s Dangerous tour in 1993 had been cut short and that Elizabeth Taylor had flown to Mexico City to take the Thriller singer to a rehab program in London.

When asked what Katherine knew about Taylor’s bid to get her son into rehab, she replied she had heard about it, but “wasn’t curious about it.”

“Nobody came to me and said anything about it,” Jackson, 83, told lawyer Marvin Putnam. “My children probably didn’t want me to worry.”

She admitted that she and several of her children attempted to stage an intervention in 2002 at the King of Pop’s Neverland ranch, but it turned into a social visit.

Jackson is suing the concert promoter, alleging it failed to properly supervise her son’s then physician, Conrad Murray. Murray was convicted in the involuntary manslaughter death of Jackson.

Monday’s testimony from Jackson was a stark contrast to Friday, when she often broke down in tears recalling the day her son died.

Recounting the day Michael died, Katherine became extremely emotional. “Do you miss your son?” Jackson’s attorney Brian Panish asked.

Choking back tears, Katherine said: “There are no words.”

The frail looking Jackson was escorted off the witness stand by her attorney, Brian Panish and a bailiff. She has finished testifying.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/michael-jackson-wrongful-death-lawsuit-katherine-jackson-testimony-combative/

melden

23.07.2013 um 12:11
Katherine Jackson: Michael Jackson denied using prescription drugs

By Jeff Gottlieb
July 22, 2013, 12:21 p.m.

Katherine Jackson testified Monday that her pop star son denied he was using prescription drugs when she asked him about rumors she had heard.

Testifying for the second day in her family's wrongful-death suit against entertainment giant AEG Live, the family matriarch said the conversation occurred as she was getting ready to leave her son's house in Las Vegas, where Michael Jackson lived from 2006 to 2008. She said she told Michael that she had heard he was using prescription drugs and that she didn't want him to end up "like all the others."

Speaking in a soft, muffled voice that was sometimes difficult to hear through the courtroom sound system, Katherine Jackson, when asked a question by AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam, said her son sometimes didn’t remember things. Several times she told Putnam that she didn't want to answer a question.

Jackson and the pop star’s three children are suing AEG Live, arguing that the company is complicit in Michael Jackson’s 2009 death because it hired and supervised Conrad Murray, the Las Vegas physician who administered a fatal dose of a strong anesthetic as the singer prepared for his “This Is It” comeback tour. AEG contends it was Michael Jackson who hired Murray.

On the stand Monday, Katherine Jackson said she knew her son was using prescription pain pills for burns he suffered to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial and for a back injury and said that she figured he would deny any drug abuse because he didn't want her to worry.

"If a child goes out to play and does something real ugly, and a parent asks them about it, he’s gong to deny it,” she said.

“If you knew your son was gong to deny it, why did you ask him?” Putnam asked

“I’m not answering that question ... because to me it doesn’t make sense," Jackson said.

"I didn't know he was gong to deny it, but he did.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-katherine-jackson-prescription-drugs-20130722,0,1181925.story

melden

23.07.2013 um 12:46
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 6h
And that ended Day 53 of the trial. We hope to see you tomorrow for all the details of John Meglen's testimony. Have a great night everybody

Plaintiffs want to bring Rwamba to testify before they rest their case. They still need to finish Ortega's testimony too.

Outside the presence of jury, Panish said Deborah Chang spoke with Grace Rwamba's lawyer and he doesn't' know where she is.

Meglen said the expense of the show production falls under the artist to pay. Judge adjourned until tomorrow at 9:45 am PT.

Meglen said almost immediately Gongaware took the lead on the MJ's This Is It project, since he had prior experience with MJ.

"He was very excited," Meglen said. "He was great, full of energy, seem taller, firm handshake, he was there, he was very, very excited."

Meglen said MJ asked Gongaware about Brigitte, his girlfriend at the time. They wanted MJ to choose them for a comeback tour.

MJ recognized Gongaware, Meglen said. He came out of the bedroom, "Whenever I see Paul Gongaware I know everything is going to be all right"

The meeting was to let MJ know what AEG was about, Meglen said. Gongaware, Raymone Bain (MJ's manager), Lopez, MJ were present.

Meglen said he next met MJ in 2007 with Peter Lopez, MJ's attorney at the time at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas.

Bina asked if Wikipedia was wrong in saying the shows were sold out. "I don't use Wikipedia as source for my business," Meglen said.

They both sold half house, he said, which is half of the tickets available. Meglen said they hid he empty seats so it wouldn't show.

Meglen watched both shows and said it was great. Marcel Avram was the promoter.

Meglen worked with MJ prior to "This Is It" once. He was a consultant to a firm in Japan that promoted two MJ shows in 1986 around Christmas

When they created Concerts West, Meglen said their first tour was Andrea Bocelli. They promoted first tour of Mariah Carey.

Meglen said he doesn't think being the number 1 is necessarily a good thing. He explained it is the difference between quality and quantity.

Bina talked about rivalry between AEG Live and Live Nation.

Meglen said he went to Veterinarian school initially. "I feel like I work with animals some times," he joked.

Paul Gongaware is co-CEO of Concerts West with Meglen. He described his extensive background in the business.

John Meglen is a concert promoter, works at AEG Live, he's the president and CEO of Concerts West.

AEG's attorney Jessica Stebbins Bina did direct examination.

AEG called their next witness, John Meglen.

Judge told jury we are now moving to defendants' case, even though plaintiffs have not yet rested their case in chief.

Mrs. Jackson: The CEO of AEG Mrs. Jackson was then excused. She went home for the rest of the day to rest.

In re-re-re-direct, Panish asked: Who do you think it's in a better position to know who hired the doctor, you or the CEO of AEG?

Putnam said one of them was not right in their interview. Mrs. Jackson answered: "I'm not correct."

Mrs. Jackson: Like I said, I didn't know who hired him at that time.

In re-re-cross, Putnam inquired Phillips said 'we hired him' and Mrs. Jackson said 'Michael' hired him.

Mrs. Jackson: No, not at all. The children knew her, they wanted her, that's why.

Mrs. Jackson: Kai Chase has been working for me not quite a year yet

Panish: Did you hire Kai Chase so she would testify in your favor?

Panish: There was a suggestion in this trial you hired Kai Chase back so she can testify in your favor?

Panish showed video of Phillips saying they hired him.

Panish: Did Sister Rose discuss with you about AEG pressuring MJ?
Mrs. Jackson: Yes

Regarding the interview, Mrs. Jackson said she just assumed, she didn't know whether MJ had hired Dr. Murray.

She's a Jehovah's Witness and there's a difference between her religion and the Nation of Islam.

In re-re-direct, Panish asked: They still didn't send a card, did they?
Mrs. Jackson: No. Thousands and thousands of people sent her card.

Mrs. Jackson said AEG told her if she did the memorial service at the Staples Center it would be free (she wanted to do it at the Coliseum)

Putnam asked if AEG put together a Memorial Service for MJ. She said yes.

Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson knows Gongaware. "No, but that shouldn't have stopped him, to say I'm sorry what happened to your son" she said

Putnam: Did I say anything improper in the deposition regarding the Nation of Islam?
Mrs. Jackson: You were asking me question about it

Mrs. Jackson doesn't know why Sister Rose is called sister and Brother Michael is brother.

"She told me that MJ was very weak, and she told me that she talked about what went down at the practice, they had to hold him up" she said

Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson spoke with Sister Rose, the kids' nanny.

"I could, but I didn't want to bring that up with them," Mrs. Jackson answered.

Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson talked to her grandchildren about Dr. Murray in search of the truth.

In re-cross, Putnam showed a video where Mrs. Jackson said "It could've been prevented, he hired a doctor to take care of him."
5:57 AM - 23 Jul 13

melden

23.07.2013 um 17:51
Katherine Jackson: Michael Jackson Didn't Cause Own Death

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY 07/22/13 08:17 PM ET EDT | AP

LOS ANGELES — The promoters of Michael Jackson's ill-fated comeback concerts watched the singer waste away and should have reached out to his family for help, the superstar's mother tearfully told a jury on Monday.

Clutching a tissue and hanging her head at times, Katherine Jackson said she didn't know the extent of her son's weakness until after the start of her trial against AEG Live LLC.

"They watched him waste away," she said after her attorney cited several emails from top workers preparing for the "This Is It" shows. The messages described her son's condition as deteriorating and cited his inability to rehearse.

"They could have called me," Katherine Jackson, 83, said. "He was asking me for his father. My grandson told me that his daddy was nervous and scared."

Her comments came under questioning from her attorney, Brian Panish.

Moments earlier, an attorney for AEG Live had questioned why the Jackson family matriarch _if her purpose for filing the lawsuit was to find out the truth about her son's death, as she had testified – hadn't read through thousands of pages of deposition testimony, or asked her grandchildren about what happened in her son's rented mansion before his June 2009 death.

She later said that while she could have asked her grandchildren about some issues, she didn't want to bring it up with them.

She also said that she didn't see a photograph of her son shot six days before her his death until after the trial started.

Katherine Jackson at first didn't seem to want to look at the photo, which has been repeatedly displayed during the trial and shows her son wearing a T-shirt, his arms thin and bones visible in his upper chest.

Katherine Jackson claims AEG Live failed to properly investigate Dr. Conrad Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving the singer an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

AEG defense attorney Marvin S. Putnam told jurors during opening statements in the negligence lawsuit in April that the case centered on personal responsibility – specifically Michael Jackson's decision to ask Murray to administer propofol as a sleep aid while he prepared for his shows.

AEG Live denies it hired the doctor or bears any responsibility for Jackson's death.

Katherine Jackson said she believes AEG Live hired Murray, not her son. She said she never heard of the cardiologist until her son died, and indicated that she felt Murray bore responsibility for her son's death.

"Even though he asked for it, he could have said no," she said of Murray.

Putnam also asked Katherine Jackson about her son's payments to her over the years. She said he directly paid many of the expenses on her home and would occasionally give her cash as a gift.

Saying she didn't keep track of the payments, Katherine Jackson appeared to being annoyed at the questions.

The attorney also asked her about conversations she had with her son about prescription drug use.

She said she asked him about it when he lived in Las Vegas and he denied he was abusing prescription medications.

"I'm a mother, quite naturally he denied it," she said. "He wouldn't want me to think that."

She said she wasn't surprised by his denial and likened the situation to a child who'd disobeyed his mother while playing outdoors.

Putnam said Jackson was a 50-year-old man at the time of his death. "He's still my child," Katherine Jackson said. "He'd still want me to hold his respect."

She said she was aware her son took medications for pain in his back and scalp after he sustained injuries over his career. She said she never saw signs that her son was abusing medications, including when she and several of her children went to the singer's Neverland Ranch in 2002 for an intervention.

Her son was fine but upset that they thought he had a problem, she said.

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP (Archiv-Version vom 03.10.2013)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/22/katherine-jackson-michael-jackson-didnt-cause-own-death_n_3636112.html

melden

23.07.2013 um 17:55
AP/ July 23, 2013, 8:07 AM

Michael Jackson's mother tears up during testimony

The promoters of Michael Jackson's ill-fated comeback concerts watched the singer waste away and should have reached out to his family for help, the superstar's mother tearfully told a jury on Monday.

Clutching a tissue and hanging her head at times, Katherine Jackson said she didn't know the extent of her son's weakness until after the start of her trial against AEG Live LLC.

"They watched him waste away," she said after her attorney cited several emails from top workers preparing for the "This Is It" shows. The messages described her son's condition as deteriorating and cited his inability to rehearse.

"They could have called me," Katherine Jackson, 83, said. "He was asking me for his father. My grandson told me that his daddy was nervous and scared."

Her comments came under questioning from her attorney, Brian Panish.

Moments earlier, an attorney for AEG Live had questioned why the Jackson family matriarch -if her purpose for filing the lawsuit was to find out the truth about her son's death, as she had testified -- hadn't read through thousands of pages of deposition testimony, or asked her grandchildren about what happened in her son's rented mansion before his June 2009 death.

She later said that while she could have asked her grandchildren about some issues, she didn't want to bring it up with them.

She also said that she didn't see a photograph of her son shot six days before her his death until after the trial started.

Katherine Jackson at first didn't seem to want to look at the photo, which has been repeatedly displayed during the trial and shows her son wearing a T-shirt, his arms thin and bones visible in his upper chest.

Katherine Jackson claims AEG Live failed to properly investigate Dr. Conrad Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving the singer an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

AEG defense attorney Marvin S. Putnam told jurors during opening statements in the negligence lawsuit in April that the case centered on personal responsibility - specifically Michael Jackson's decision to ask Murray to administer propofol as a sleep aid while he prepared for his shows.

AEG Live denies it hired the doctor or bears any responsibility for Jackson's death.

"Even though he asked for it, he could have said no," she said of Murray.

Saying she didn't keep track of the payments, Katherine Jackson appeared to being annoyed at the questions.

The attorney also asked her about conversations she had with her son about prescription drug use.

She said she wasn't surprised by his denial and likened the situation to a child who'd disobeyed his mother while playing outdoors.

Putnam said Jackson was a 50-year-old man at the time of his death. "He's still my child," Katherine Jackson said. "He'd still want me to hold his respect."

She said she was aware her son took medications for pain in his back and scalp after he sustained injuries over his career. She said she never saw signs that her son was abusing medications, including when she and several of her children went to the singer's Neverland Ranch in 2002 for an intervention.

Her son was fine but upset that they thought he had a problem, she said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57595006/michael-jacksons-mother-tears-up-during-testimony/ (Archiv-Version vom 24.07.2013)

melden

23.07.2013 um 18:01
Newsticker
Datum 23.07.2013 - 12:12 Uhr

USA

Jackson leugnete gegenüber Mutter Medikamentenabhängigkeit

Los Angeles (AFP) Michael Jackson hat seine massive Medikamenteneinnahme gegenüber seiner Mutter stets bestritten. Dies sagte Katherine Jackson am Montag im Zivilprozess um den Tod des "King of Pop" in Los Angeles aus. "Ich bin seine Mutter - und natürlich hat er es bestritten." Sie habe aber gewusst, dass ihr Sohn Medikamente nehme, sagte die 83-Jährige.

http://www.zeit.de/news/2013-07/23/usa-jackson-leugnete-gegenueber-mutter-medikamentenabhaengigkeit-23121005

melden

23.07.2013 um 19:41
AEG Live defense begins effort to show Michael Jackson had drug addiction

By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 1:04 PM EDT, Tue July 23, 2013

<object width="416" height="234" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep_1107"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=bestoftv/2013/07/23/exp-newday-wian-jackson-case.cnn&contentId=bestoftv/2013/07/23/exp-newday-wian-jackson-case.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=bestoftv/2013/07/23/exp-newday-wian-jackson-case.cnn&contentId=bestoftv/2013/07/23/exp-newday-wian-jackson-case.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="234"></embed></object>

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* AEG Live will question "all of the many, many doctors" who treated Jackson, lawyer says
* AEG lawyer: The Jacksons want "to blame somebody else for things that only they knew"
* The lawyer "badgered" Michael Jackson's mom during cross-examination, her attorney says
* AEG's lawyer won't comment on questioning Katherine Jackson about beatings by husband

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson "had a real monkey on his back" with a longtime drug addiction his family kept secret from the world, and it led to his overdose death, a lawyer for AEG Live said.

The concert promoter's defense against the Jackson family's wrongful death lawsuit begins Tuesday and will include testimony from "all of the many, many doctors" who treated Jackson over the past decades, AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam said.

It will also include a parade of Jackson family members, including a return appearance by matriarch Katherine Jackson, who just concluded two days of testimony as her lawyers presented their case.

"They kept his private world private as best they could and now they would like to blame somebody else for things that only they knew privately," Putnam said.

Michael Jackson's mother and three children contend AEG Live, which was producing and promoting his comeback concerts, is liable in his death because it negligently hired, retained or supervised Dr. Conrad Murray.

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death, which the coroner ruled was caused by an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol. The doctor told investigators he was using the drug to treat Jackson's insomnia as he prepared for his "This Is It" debut in London.

Jackson, not AEG Live, chose and controlled Murray, Putnam argued. He said in his opening statements at the start of the trial 12 weeks ago he would show jurors "ugly stuff" about Jackson to prove that AEG Live executives had no way of knowing about the dangerous treatments the doctor was giving in the privacy of Jackson's bedroom.

The appearance of Katherine Jackson, Michael Jackson's 83-year-old mother, as a concluding witness in her case gave Putnam a chance to probe what family members knew about Jackson's drug abuse history.

"There are a lot of enormous inconsistencies in what is being said and what the truth is," Putnam told reporters Monday after he finished his cross-examination of Katherine Jackson.

She "reported to the world and to the press that he never had a problem with prescription drugs," that he never entered drug rehab and that the family never attempted an intervention to stop his drug use, he said. "As we now know, Michael Jackson had a longtime problem with prescription drugs, so what had been told to the world during his lifetime wasn't true."

The Jackson family's lawyer, Brian Panish, said AEG Live executives were "in the best position to help Michael Jackson" when they saw his health deteriorating in the last two months of his life.

Show director Kenny Ortega sent a series of e-mails to top AEG Live executives warning them that Jackson showed "strong signs of paranoia, anxiety and obsessive-like behavior" at a rehearsal.

"I think the very best thing we can do is get a top psychiatrist in to evaluate him ASAP," Ortega wrote. "It's like there are two people there. One (deep inside) trying to hold on to what he was and still can be and not waiting us to quit him, the other in this weakened and troubled state."

Production manager John "Bugzee" Houghdahl sent an e-mail to producers saying he "watched him deteriorate in front of my eyes over the last 8 weeks. He was able to do multiple 360 spins back in April. He'd fall on his ass if he tried now."

"They knew he was having a problem," Panish said. "He needed them for this concert. They could have easily told him, 'Look, until you go see the appropriate doctor and come back, we're not going on with the rehearsal.' They're the only ones that really had the ability to do something about it and they chose not to."

Ortega testified this month that he thought AEG Live should have halted production on the show until Jackson was well.

Despite the e-mail evidence and testimony, Putnam insisted Monday that AEG Live executives knew nothing about Jackson's failing health.

"They had little interaction with Michael Jackson in terms of the production and promotion of that," Putnam said, adding that the executives "certainly" did not know "that he was having any problems."

But Panish said the executives should have known: "He was deteriorating in front of their own eyes."

"They watched him waste away," Katherine Jackson testified.

Jackson testified in her first day on the stand Friday that she filed the lawsuit "because I want to know what really happened to my son."

During cross-examination, the AEG Live lawyer played a clip from an interview she gave to NBC a year after her son's death in which she said Michael Jackson had hired the doctor. In response, her lawyer argued she made the statement before seeing AEG e-mails indicating that the company hired him.

Putnam questioned her about a statement she and several of her children signed in 2007 accusing People Magazine of publishing "untrue and inaccurate information" about Michael Jackson's drug use.

"We categorically deny ever planning, participating in, or having knowledge of any kind of intervention, whatsoever," the statement read.

Katherine Jackson acknowledged, however, that she participated in an attempted intervention with her son at his Neverland Ranch in 2002.

"I wanted them to stop lying," she testified, referring to the magazine. "I was worried about all the lies they were telling about the family."

"Was it a lie to say your son had a problem with prescription drugs?" Putnam asked.

"He did not have a problem," she insisted.

Putnam later asked Jackson's mother if she liked to "shut your ears to bad things."

"I don't like to hear bad news," she said.

Jackson appeared combative at times when Putnam cross-examined her, punching back at his questions.

"What does this have to do with my son dying?" she replied at one point.

"I think she was badgered, but that wasn't the first time," Panish told reporters later. "In her deposition, she was asked questions like, "Does your husband ever beat you?'"

Doctor: Promoter knew about Jackson's drug dependency

For the pretrial deposition, she was questioned for about 12 hours over three days.

Putnam denied he was being overly aggressive in his questioning of her.

"I just wanted to know the facts from her and there was no reason to be aggressive with her," he said. "She was combative, but you can't blame Mrs. Jackson for that. None of us want to find ourselves in a situation where we're having to confront the very public death of our child."

Putnam refused to discuss why he asked Katherine Jackson in the deposition if her husband, Joe Jackson, ever beat her.

"What occurred in those depositions was confidential at Mrs. Jackson's request, therefore I am not at liberty to go into to the private matters that we went into in that deposition," Putnam told CNN. However, Katherine Jackson and her lawyer both brought up the question in court Monday.

"I am not going to go into what we went into about the very tragic history Michael Jackson had with his parents and father over the period of his life," Putnam said. "That is something we did not go into on the stand because it is not relevant. I'm not bringing that up."

AEG Live executive John Meglen is on the witness stand Tuesday as the company's defense presentation begins. Testimony is expected to last into September, the judge told the jury.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/23/showbiz/jackson-death-trial/

melden

23.07.2013 um 19:47
MJFC USA wurde geschlossen

23. Juli 2013

Einer der ältesten und größten Michael Jackson Fanclubs weltweit hat vor Kurzem seinen kostenlosen Fanservice beendet. Deborah hat den Fanclub geschlossen. Warum sie sich zu diesen Schritt entschlossen hat, ist bisher unbekannt.

Seit Mitte der 1990er Jahre hat Deborah den Fanclub gegründet und geleitet. Mit persönlichen Segen von Michael Jackson. Beide haben sich mehrmals persönlich getroffen und Deborah konnte sogar die Geburtstagsfeier zu Michaels 45. Geburtstag in Los Angeles mitorganisieren.

Der riesige Nachrichtenbereich war die Anlaufstelle für Fans weltweit. Mit der Schließung des Fanclubs ist dieses Archiv momentan nicht erreichbar, was wirklich schade ist.

Mit dem MJFC USA hat uns eine enge Partnerschaft verbunden und wir waren sogar offizielles Mitglied als MJFC GERMANY in der MJFC FAMILY.

Leider bemerken auch wir den allgemeinen Trend des Fanclub-Sterbens nach Michael Jacksons Tod im Jahr 2009.

Wir persönlich hoffen, dass das Archiv des MJFC USA wieder online gehen kann. Denn das ist echte Geschichte von Michael Jackson.

Auch wir haben uns in den letzten Jahren verändert. So gibt es hier nicht mehr tagesaktuelle News (was sehr schade ist, obwohl das deutsche Urheberrecht dies zuläßt, werden täglich Blogger und private Webseiten von dubiosen Anwälten abgemahnt!). Wir werden uns darauf konzentrieren, Michaels Vermächtnis am Leben zu lassen. Und wir hoffen auf die Fans, die sich bei uns anmelden und mithelfen.

Quelle: MJFC JAM

http://www.mjfc-jam.com/index.php?id=600&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3014&cHash=2a5a7c887e53d6d5bb2028715cd50cc5

melden

23.07.2013 um 20:02
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 13m
We’re back in session in Jackson vs. AEG Live case. Katherine Jackson is not present today. A few updates coming while court is in a sidebar
7:47 PM - 23 Jul 13

Anzeige

melden