Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

MJ~Leben u. Sterben~u das Geschehen danach!

23.746 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Mord, Michael Jackson, Verurteilung ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

26.07.2013 um 10:05
Michael Jackson's anesthetist testifies singer had 'high tolerance' for medications as Debbie Rowe 'is set to reveal his shocking drug use in wrongful death trial'

PUBLISHED: 23:10 GMT, 25 July 2013 | UPDATED: 01:39 GMT, 26 July 2013

Late superstar Michael Jackson had built-up a 'high tolerance' for medications - the performer's long-time anesthetist David Fournier has testified during his wrongful death trial.

The nurse anesthetist told a Los Angeles court on Thursday that he was no longer allowed to work with Jackson because he had refused to participate in a medical procedure back in 2003.

article-2378349-1AFF0416000005DC-184 634
Evidence: Anesthetist David Fournier testified in Los Angeles on Thursday that Michael Jackson had a high tolerance for medications
article-2378349-1AFF0B4F000005DC-316 634
No procedure: Fournier refused to participate in medical procedure back in 2003 on the star because he was acting all 'goofy'- here he attends Santa Barbara County Superior Court in Santa Maria, California in 2005

According to Fournier - who was testifying as a defence witness - the King of Pop was acting all 'goofy' and was slow to respond to standard questions before a scheduled cosmetic surgery procedure.

The procedure was cancelled after the Fournier refused to administer the anesthesia - Jackson died due to acute Propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009, aged 50.

His mother Katherine Jackson has filed a negligence suit against promoters AEG Live LLC, who were promoting her son's comeback shows.

Jurors also heard how Dr Alimorad Faschian had implanted a device in Michael's back to block the euphoric effect of the drug Demerol after the birth of his son Blanket in February 2002.

article-2378349-1AFEFF26000005DC-950 634
Implant: Dr Alimorad Faschian placed a device in Michael Jackson's back in 2002 to block effect of Demerol

Faschain told the court that Katherine Jackson knew about the procedure and was curious about it.

He revealed in a deposition last summer: 'I think she (Katherine Jackson) wanted to know all about it, what was going on.

'I remember that was in Neverland. Michael did not show the implant to his mother - just his mother was there - she was happy about it.'

Previously, Katherine had told jurors that she was unaware that her son's Dangerous tour had been cut short in 1993 and that Elizabeth Taylor had flown out to Mexico City to take him to a rehab in London.

'Nobody came to me and said anything about it,' she told attorney Marvin Putnam. 'My children probably didn't want me to worry.'

The Jackson matriarch did admit that several of her family tried to stage an intervention back in 2002 at Neverland but it became a social visit.

article-2378349-1AFF05E2000005DC-427 634
Set to take the stand? Reports claim that Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe will testify in the wrongful death case

The 83-year-old previously told jurors the promoters of his ill-fated string of comeback concerts watched her son 'waste away' before his death.

Dr Conrad Murray is currently serving four years for the involuntary manslaughter of the singer.

It was claimed today that Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe will be called to the stand by AEG in his family's wrongful death case against the concert promoters.

But according to a new report, Rowe will take the stand and testify that Jackson was a 'secret, hardcore drug addict' for decades - in what could be a hugely damaging blow for his family's case.

Sources told gossip website TMZ.com Rowe, 54, who is the mother of Jackson's children Michael Prince and Paris, will say she was aware the star was abusing some prescription medication during the 1980s and '90s, but that she did not realise the extent of his habit.

Rowe will tell jurors she had been unaware Michael's dermatologist Dr Arnold Klein had 'a standing order... when Michael came to the office he should be injected with Demerol and Vistaril', TMZ said.

Vistaril increases the strength of painkiller Demerol, the report said.

It claims mother-of-two Rowe will say Michael hid the extent of his problem from her - testimony that would likely boost AEG's argument it had no reason to be aware of the singer's drug abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2378349/Michael-Jacksons-anesthetist-testifies-singer-high-tolerance-medications-Debbie-Rowe-set-reveal-shocking-drug-use-wrongful-death-trial.html

Anzeige
melden

26.07.2013 um 10:10
You’ve killed Jacko!
Ex-wife blamed 'drugs doc' for singer's death

By PETE SAMSON, US Editor
Published: 7 hrs ago

Pop M 1771595aOriginal anzeigen (0,4 MB)
Treatment ... Michael Jackson

MICHAEL Jackson’s ex-wife Debbie Rowe phoned the singer’s skincare doctor Arnold Klein to blame him for causing his death, it has emerged.

Debbie, 54, is preparing to testify in Jacko’s wrongful death trial in Los Angeles — and tell jurors he was a hardcore drug addict who hid his abuse for decades.

Debbie and Jacko met when she worked as a nurse for Klein, the Thriller star’s dermatologist, and the two married in 1996.

She will tell the court she saw pictures of Jackson leaving Klein’s office just days before he died aged 50 in June 2009.

Debbie then called him right after Jacko died, saying: “What the f*** did you give him? He’s dead and it’s your fault.”

It is claimed she will allege Jackson was routinely injected with painkiller Demerol and sedative Vistaril each time he went to Klein’s office.

But Debbie — mum of Prince and Paris Jackson — will claim she had no idea of the full scale of Jacko’s problem because he hid it.

She is reportedly due to be called to testify by concert giants AEG next week and is expected to help in their £26billion legal fight with the Jackson family.

They claim AEG are responsible for his death as they knew of his addiction but pressured him to prepare for comeback gigs at London’s O2 Arena. But AEG chiefs claim they did not know the extent of the abuse.

Jacko died after an overdose of sedative propofol.

His personal doctor, Conrad Murray, 60, is doing four years for involuntary manslaughter.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/5034139/MICHAEL-Jacksons-ex-wife-Debbie-Rowe-blamed-doctor-Arnold-Klein-for-his-death.html (Archiv-Version vom 26.07.2013)

melden

26.07.2013 um 10:20
Quelle: MJJC ~ Eintrag #56 ~ User: Ivy
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/129265-Katherine-Jackson-vs-AEG-Live-Daily-Trial-Testimony-Summary/page4

Jacksons vs AEG - Day 53 – July 22 2013 – Summary

Katherine Jackson Testimony

AEG Cross

Putnam explained to Mrs. Jackson about the discovery process, where both sides have to exchange documents related to the case. (ABC7)

Putnam asked two lines of questions _ about how she came to file the lawsuit and what documents she turned over in discovery. Putnam asked whether Katherine Jackson turned over emails or records of her son’s payments to her. She said no. Katherine Jackson’s attorney Brian Panish objected to the questions, but the judge allowed them. Panish said Mrs. Jackson doesn’t use email. Mrs. Jackson said her son paid for most of her expenses directly. He gave her cash, but she didn’t keep records of it. Putnam asked about Mrs. Jackson’s assistant, Janice Smith, questioning whether she logged payments from MJ. Answer was no. Katherine Jackson: “My son took care of me. He paid for everything. Food. Shelter. Clothing.” (AP)

Mrs. Jackson said MJ would give her money in cash, but she would not write down the amounts. The matriarch has a secretary, Janice Smith, who works for her for anywhere between 15-20 years. She has an office in Encino, CA (ABC7)

Putnam asking about the house in Gary, Indiana. It's been 44 years since she left and moved in to the Hayvenhurst house. Mrs. Jackson lives now in a gated community in Calabasas. Hayvenhurst house is under renovation. (ABC7)

At times her anger toward AEG attorney Marvin Putnam flared, and she refused to answer some questions. Putnam tried to parry with her at least once. She had a hard time recalling how long her assistant had worked for her but corrected Putnam over how long it had been since she had lived in Gary, Indiana. After a small portion of her deposition was shown to the jury, her temper erupted.“Why are you doing this to me?" she asked. "You’re asking me the same question 50 times, but you’re just rephrasing them." (LaTimes)

. "It was a gift," Mrs. Jackson said about the money she received from Michael. Putnam asked if she reported/recorded anywhere. "My son took care of me, food, shelter, clothes," Mrs. Jackson explained. "When he gave me cash, it was a gift, I didn't think I needed to report to anyone," Mrs. Jackson said. Putnam asked again if there was any record of the money MJ gave her. She replied she didn't think she needed to. (ABC7)

Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson had a bank account back in 2010 when she filed her lawsuit. She said she doesn't recall. (ABC7)

Regarding Michael having money problems, Mrs. Jackson said : "My son made a lot of money, he had people working for him."
Putnam: Where you aware MJ was having financial difficulties when he passed away? Mrs. Jackson: Yes, I've heard from some people
"They have been saying it for 15 years," Mrs. Jackson said. "People were taking money from him also, stealing I should say."
Mrs. Jackson testified she heard stories about it. Putnam: Who did you hear that from? Mrs. Jackson: Just different people
She also said MJ told her too that people were making deals on his behalf.
"They were being offered money under the table, that's what I heard from my son," Mrs. Jackson testified. And Mrs. Jackson asked: "What does this have to do with the death of my son?"
Putnam: You heard about MJ having money problems? Mrs. Jackson: I heard for years Michael Jackson was broken and he wasn't
Putnam: Did you ever ask MJ about having money problems? Mrs. Jackson: No, because I didn't believe it. Because he wasn't. (ABC7)

Putnam also asked Katherine Jackson about her son's payments to her over the years. She said he directly paid many of the expenses on her home and would occasionally give her cash as a gift. Katherine Jackson said she didn't keep track of the payments and appeared to grow annoyed at the questions. "What does this have to do with the death of my son," she asked Putnam. (AP) Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson whether she was aware of her son’s financial difficulties before his death. She said yes. Katherine Jackson: "They’ve been saying for years, last 15 years that Michael Jackson is broke." She said she knew that wasn't true. (AP)

Putnam asked several more questions about what Katherine Jackson knew about her son Michael’s financial situation. There were objections. At one point, Mrs. Jackson told Puntam, “I think I answered that.” Judge allowed multiple questions about what she knew of MJ’s finances. Katherine Jackson said she was aware of people trying to make deals on her son’s behalf. She said her son would sometimes tell her about it. She said through the years, she heard about people taking money from her son. “Stealing, I should say.” Putnam again asked about the stories she’d heard. “I’d heard for years that Michael Jackson was broke, and he wasn’t,” she said. Katherine Jackson said she never discussed it with her son because she knew he wasn’t broke. (AP)

"I don't want to get into this," she said when asked about her superstar son's finances. The lawyer for AEG Live reminded Katherine that it was his job to ask questions because she wants a mountain of money for the claim AEG negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray, the personal physican now serving four years for overdosing her son. (NYDailyNews)

Putnam asked about the damages Mrs. Jackson asked for in her lawsuit. MJ's mother responded that he could ask her attorneys about it. (ABC7) Putnam then asked Mrs. Jackson about the amount of damages she was seeking from AEG Live. “You can talk to my lawyer about that,” Katherine Jackson said of the damages estimates. Putnam cited figure of $1.5-$1.7 billion. Panish objected and said it was improper to ask Katherine Jackson about the estimates. The attorneys went into a sidebar with the judge. When they returned, Putnam asked about Mrs. Jackson whether she’d heard about various claims of damages. She said yes. (AP) Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson has been here most of the days over the past 12 weeks. (ABC7)

That’s when Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson whether she thought her son bore any responsibility for his death. “No, I don’t,” she replied. Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson if she agreed that she never believed her son was responsible for his death. “Correct,” she replied. (AP)

Putnam: Do you believe that your son is in any way responsible for his passing? Mrs. Jackson: No I don't
Putnam: You never believed your son had any part in his own death? Mrs. Jackson: Correct!
Putnam: Do you believe your son MJ knew Dr. Murray was giving him Propofol? Panish: Objection, calls for speculation
Putnam: Do you remember MJ asking for Propofol? Panish: Calls for hearsay response
Putnam: Did you hear from the criminal trial that your son asked Dr. Murray to give him Propofol? Mrs. Jackson: I have heard
Mrs. Jackson said she had not heard that MJ asked other doctors for Propofol. Putnam asked if that came to a surprise for her. She said yes. "Conrad Murray, even if he asked, he could've said no," Mrs. Jackson opined. (ABC7) Katherine Jackson said she believes AEG Live hired Murray, not her son. She said she never heard of the cardiologist until her son died, and indicated that she felt Murray bore responsibility for her son's death."Even though he asked for it, he could have said no," Katherine Jackson said of Murray. (AP)

Putnam asked about Murray’s criminal case, and whether Mrs. Jackson helped the prosecutor, David Walgren. She said she didn’t remember. (AP) When questioned by AEG lead counsel Marvin Putnam, she "did not remember" if she attended Murray's manslaughter trial and assisted the prosecution in that case. (NBC)

The lawyer asked about what Mrs. Jackson recalled hearing during the criminal trial about her son’s use of propofol. She said she remembered hearing about him asking for the drug, but she didn’t recall testimony about him discussing it with other doctors. Katherine Jackson had her head down during some of the questions. “Even though he asked for it, he could have said no,” she said of Murray. (AP)

Putnam: Do you believe your son hired Dr. Murray? Mrs. Jackson: No I don't
Putnam: You heard testimony MJ hired Dr. Murray in Las Vegas? Mrs Jackson: He had doctors for his children, I don't know if it was Dr Murray
Putnam asked if MJ ever paid Dr. Murray. She answered it was to treat the children.
Putnam asked if she heard testimony from Prince saying he would give Dr. Murray stacks of money in a rubber band.
"He didn't say stacks, he measure with his fingers," Mrs. Jackson explained.
Mrs. Jackson said she doesn't believe that MJ hired Dr. Murray because of what she's been listening here in court. She said from hearing the emails, AEG said they had hired him and that Randy Phillips went on TV saying they hired him.
Mrs. Jackson: I had heard they had hired and there was the doctor there so I thought MJ had hired him, not knowing the facts. (ABC7)

Putnam asked how she remembers it when she said her memory wasn't very good. "I didn't say I didn't remember anything, I said I'm 83, I would 't remember everything," Mrs. Jackson responded. Mrs Jackson said that's all that's been talked about in the trial and that she remembers emails, Phillips' interview saying AEG hired Murray (ABC7) Despite the fact that she is “83-year-old and may not remember everything clearly,” Katherine testified that she distinctly remembers that AEG hired Murray--not her son. (NBC) Katherine also said she did not know that her son used Propofol and that he gave Murray money "because he felt bad for [him] because he didn't have no money--not because he had hired him." She had no idea the doctor spent six nights a week at her son's home. (NBC)

Putnam then asked Mrs. Jackson whether she believed her son hired Conrad Murray. She said she didn’t think he hired the doctor. She said she knew her son had doctors for his children. She said she didn’t know if that was Murray or not. Putnam asked about Prince Jackson’s testimony that he’d given Murray money that his father handed him. Putnam called it “stacks of hundreds” Katherine Jackson corrected him, saying it wasn’t stacks. She said the money was because her son felt bad for the doctor. Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson whether she knew about the payments to Murray before the trial. She said no. Putnam then asked her about an instance in which Mrs. Jackson said she thought her son Michael hired Conrad Murray. Katherine Jackson: “I may have said it once and you’ll probably bring that up.” (Her statement was during a Dateline interview.) Putnam wants to play the Dateline interview, but Panish objected, saying he hadn’t seen it. Judge told Putnam to hold off on playing the Dateline interview for the jury until it could be reviewed. Katherine Jackson said he now understood that AEG Live had hired Murray, but she hadn’t heard that before. “At the time I hadn’t heard it,” Katherine Jackson said. “I thought that maybe Michael had hired him. I said it not knowing the facts.” Putnam indicated the Dateline interview was done 8 weeks before Katherine Jackson filed her lawsuit in September 2010. (AP)

Putnam: Do you recall why you said your son hired the doctor and that your son could've prevented his own death?
"I don't think he could've prevented his own death," Mrs. Jackson testified. "I just said I thought he hired the doctor. I do recall that."
Mrs. Jackson said she can't recall exactly what was said in the Dateline interview, but she does remember saying MJ hired the doctor. (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson said she had not heard about Dr. Murray prior to MJ's death. Her son did not discuss what treatments he was having with her.
Putnam: Prior to your son's death, did you know your son had a doctor spending the night at the house? Mrs. Jackson: No
Putnam: Did you ever have conversation with your grandchildren prior to trial about the doctor spending the night at the house? She said no
Putnam asked if Prince testified a doctor was spending the nights at the house. Mrs. Jackson: I don't remember him saying that
Putnam: Do you remember him (Prince) saying he (the doctor) spent 6 nights a week? Mrs. Jackson: No, I don't remember that (ABC7)
Putnam also grilled Katherine on the timing of her lawsuit, which was filed a year before Murray's 2011 criminal trial. "Prior to the trial...did you ever talk to your grandchildren about the fact that Dr. Murray treated Michael Jackson upstairs in a bedroom behind locked doors," Putnam asked. "No," she replied. "Mrs. Jackson, you do believe that Dr. Conrad Murray has some responsibility for your son's death, do you not?" he asked. "Of course," she said. (NYDailyNews)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson whether she knew that Conrad Murray was staying at her son’s mansion 6 nights a week in 2009. She said she didn’t know anything about her son’s doctors. Putnam asked if she discussed with her grandchildren, and she said no. Katherine Jackson’s brow was furrowed through this questioning. Panish objected, saying Putnam was trying to get into attorney-client issues. Putnam was allowed to question her about her knowledge of Murray’s doctor visits, as long as Mrs. Jackson didn’t relay any info that she received from conversations with her attorneys. (AP)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson's search for the truth and if she thought it would be important to know whether the doctor spending the nights. "It would've been important but I told you I didn't talk to my grandchildren about that," Mrs. Jackson responded. Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson talked to her grandchildren about Dr. Murray treating MJ in a locked, upstairs bedroom. She answered no. (ABC7)

Putnam: You do believe Dr. Murray has some responsibility for your son's death? Mrs. Jackson: Of course
Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson if Dr. Murray was convicted in the criminal trial. She said yes.
He asked if the doctor is now in jail. "I hope he is," she responded. (ABC7)

Putnam inquired about Mrs. Jackson asking the District Attorney to drop the $100 million restitution against Dr. Murray. Mrs. Jackson said yes, that Dr. Murray has children and has no money. "Because I felt his children needed him to take care of them," she explained. "He didn't have any money."
Putnam: You asked the DA to drop the $100 million restitution claim against Dr. Murray?
Mrs. Jackson: I asked them to drop it because of his children, he has quite a few children, 7 or 8, I don't know.
Mrs. Jackson said she believes the DA may have dropped the $100 million restitution claim.
Putnam: Did you drop the restitution claim so you could file this lawsuit? Mrs. Jackson: No (ABC7)

She said she asked prosecutors to drop a $100 million restitution claim against Murray because he has several children. "His money should go to the children," she said. (AP) Going back to updates from the morning session. Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson about dropping the $100 million restitution claim against Murray. Mrs. Jackson said, “I felt that his children needed it.” She mentioned she knew Murray had 7 or 8 children. Putnam questioned whether the decision was made in consideration of the civil case. Mrs. Jackson said no. “I never gave it a thought.” (AP)

The lawyer then asked whether Mrs. Jackson ever saw her son when she thought he was under the influence of any drug. She said no. (AP) Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson ever saw MJ under the influence of any drug. She said no, that it's something she never saw during his lifetime.She would show up at the house unannounced and said she never saw her son "loopy".
Putnam: Did you ever speak with your son on the phone when he was out of it? Mrs. Jackson: No. Out of what?
Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson's children told her MJ was under the influence of something. She said yes.
"A couple of children came to me and told me they had heard about it," Mrs. Jackson said. She had conversation w/ MJ about it in Las Vegas. (ABC7)

She provoked laughter when answering a question about whether her son had ever seemed "out of it" when she spoke to him on the phone. "Out of what?" she said, before Putnam explained the meaning of the phrase. (AFP)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson is she remembers her son's criminal trial in 2005. She said yes, and that she attended the trial every day. Putnam inquired if MJ left the country after the trial. She said yes. When MJ came back he lived in Las Vegas never lived in Neverland again. Mrs. Jackson spoke with Michael about what she heard of him using prescription drugs. "I've heard that something had happened to him," Mrs. Jackson described. (ABC7)

Putnam: When you said that, he denied it, right? Mrs. Jackson: Yes he did"I was his mother, I imagined he'd deny it," Mrs. Jackson explained. "No child is going to admit it, if I heard something bad about them." Mrs. Jackson said she didn't know MJ was taking pain pills, she couldn't prove it, that's what she had heard. Mrs. Jackson: It didn't surprise me, I'm the mother, he would not want his mother to worry about him. Putnam: If you knew your son was going to deny it, why did you ask him? Mrs. Jackson: I'm not answering that question. Because to me it doesn't make sense. I didn't know he was going to deny it. "It's because he didn't want me to worry," Mrs. Jackson said. "I just talked to him about it." Mrs. Jackson to Putnam: I don't think it's that serious that you have to drill it like that on me. Mrs. Jackson: My child, he respected his mother he didn't want to hurt if it was bad.Putnam: He wasn't a child but 50 years old? Mrs Jackson: He was still my child, I'm still his mother and he wants to hold his respect for me.Mrs. Jackson: You're just trying to confuse me so that you can come back with something. Mrs. Jackson: You do understand (the answer) and you keep asking the same question. (ABC7)

Putnam continued to ask a series of questions about Jackson’s prescription drug use and his denials. Putnam: “If you knew your son was going to deny it, why did you ask him?”
Mrs. Jackson: “I’m not answering that question.”
Putnam: “Why?”
“To me, it doesn’t make sense,” Katherine Jackson said. “I didn’t know he was going to deny it. But he did it.”
After a few more questions, Mrs. Jackson told Putnam she didn’t have to either “drill me” or “grill me” like this. She likened her son’s denial to a young child who went out and disobeyed his mother and then denied it. “I’m sure you understand,” she said. “He respects his mother, he don’t want her to think that he’s doing something that bad,” Mrs. Jackson said. “He’s still my child,” she replied. She added, “He’d still want me to hold his respect.” (AP)

There were more questions about Michael Jackson’s prescription drug use. Putnam said he was trying to understand the testimony. “You keep asking the same questions and I’ve answered it,” Mrs. Jackson said. Putnam asked if there was ever a time she believed her son was abusing prescription meds. “No,” she said. “I knew he was taking it. I didn’t think he was abusing it,” Katherine Jackson said about her son Michael's prescription drug use. (AP)

The attorney also asked about Katherine Jackson about conversations she had with her son about prescription drug use. She said she asked him about it when he lived in Las Vegas and he denied he was abusing prescription medications. "I'm a mother, quite naturally he denied it," she said. "He wouldn't want me to think that." She said she was aware her son took medications for pain in his back and scalp after he sustained injuries over his career. She said she never saw signs that her son was abusing medications, including when she and several of her children went to the singer's Neverland Ranch for an intervention. Her son was fine but upset that they thought he had a problem.(AP) He also quizzed her at length about a family "intervention" in 2002, when she and various children including Janet and Rebbie went to confront Jackson about his reported drug problems at his Neverland ranch. But the confrontation came to nothing, she said, after the singer appeared upset when he realized why they were there. "We just saw that he was okay and he was upset, so we didn't talk about it," she said. (AFP)

Katherine also recalled joining her daughter Janet and other relatives for a surprise intervention at Neverland Ranch in 2002. She said Michael was upset by the intrusion and appeared to be sober. "There were no deep discussion or anything like that. When we got there, he was okay, he was upset," she recalled. "It was kind of embarassing." (NYDailyNews)

Asked about reports that she and her other children had staged an intervention effort at Michael’s Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County in 2002, Katherine Jackson testified that her son didn't know why his family had driven there and made it sound as if the visit had turned into a social gathering.“We just saw he was OK and was upset, and ... there was no deep discussion or anything," she said under questioning.She said that neither she nor her other children questioned the singer about his use of prescription medication. (LAtimes)

Mrs. Jackson was asked about the 2002 intervention attempt at Neverland Ranch. Mrs. Jackson said her son was fine. “When we got there, there was nothing wrong with him,” Mrs. Jackson said. She said he was upset that his family came for an intervention, but there wasn't any “deep discussion” about it. Putnam asked about Katherine Jackson’s deposition, when she recalled her son saying, “’I’m not on it.’” Today, Katherine Jackson said she didn’t recall whether he said that phrase or not. “I wasn’t trying to lie,” she said. “I was just tired of you,” Katherine Jackson said of Putnam. Mrs. Jackson said she recalled Putnam “asking me the same question about 50 times and rephrasing them differently.” (AP)

Testifying for the second day in her family's wrongful-death suit against entertainment giant AEG Live, the family matriarch said the conversation occurred as she was getting ready to leave her son's house in Las Vegas, where Michael Jackson lived from 2006 to 2008. She said she told Michael that she had heard he was using prescription drugs and that she didn't want him to end up "like all the others." On the stand Monday, Katherine Jackson said she knew her son was using prescription pain pills for burns he suffered to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial and for a back injury and said that she figured he would deny any drug abuse because he didn't want her to worry. "If a child goes out to play and does something real ugly, and a parent asks them about it, he’s gong to deny it,” she said.
“If you knew your son was gong to deny it, why did you ask him?” Putnam asked. “I’m not answering that question ... because to me it doesn’t make sense," Jackson said."I didn't know he was gong to deny it, but he did.” (LAtimes)

Katherine Jackson said he denied abusing pain pills during their one and only private conversation on the topic in Las Vegas. The famous music matriarch lost her cool when a lawyer for the concert promoter she's suing for more than $1 billion asked her repeatedly about the date and details of the mother-son meeting in Vegas. "I'm not answering that question," she shot back at one query she felt "didn't make sense." She then accused the lawyer of intentionally trying to trap over the exact wording of the confrontation. "You're just getting me confused so you'll have something to come back on," the 83-year-old said sternly. (NYDailyNews)

Mrs. Jackson mentioned that her other children told her they believed Michael Jackson had a problem with prescription meds. Putnam then asked about Mrs. Jackson’s conversation with her son in Las Vegas regarding his prescription drug use. Katherine Jackson said she and her son stepped into a theater at the home that was near the front door and talked about it. She said she asked him about his prescription medication use. Mrs. Jackson said her son denied he had a problem. Katherine Jackson: “I’m a mother, quite naturally he denied it. He wouldn't want me to think that.” (AP)

Putnam: Has there ever been a time you believe your son was abusing prescription drugs? Mrs. Jackson: No
"I believe he was taking it, but I don't believe he was abusing it" Mrs Jackson said. "I just asked him the question, I wanted to make sure". Even tough Mrs. Jackson didn't believe MJ was abusing prescription drugs she was part of an intervention at Neverland. She doesn't remember all the siblings present, but probably Janet, Rebbie and Randy were there. She said there was a person who came along that Janet brought specialized in intervention. Putnam: Do you recall this taking place in 2002? Mrs. Jackson: Yes Mrs. Jackson said she doesn't believe MJ knew why they were there. Putnam asked if MJ was mad they came for an intervention. Mrs. Jackson: Yes, because when we got there, there was nothing wrong with him"We asked if he was okay, he got upset and we didn't talk about it," Mrs. Jackson explained. "He didn't deny anything, he was ok," Mrs. Jackson said. There was no deep discussion, we got there and he was ok, he was upset." Mrs. Jackson: It was kind of embarrassing, because they didn't see anything. Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson saw him upset. "If I said he was upset, I did see it," she responded. Putnam: After he got upset, did he say to you "I'm not on it, I'm not on anything?" Mrs. Jackson: He didn't say that.Putnam played part of Mrs. Jackson's deposition where she said she knew MJ was upset, by the way he talked, said "I'm not on it," that's all.Putnam asked if at the intervention MJ denied he was on influence of prescription drugs? Mrs. Jackson: To tell you the truth, I don't know.Mrs. Jackson said she was upset with Putnam during deposition. "I was just tired of you asking the same question 50 times in different ways".Putnam: Do you remember in your deposition you didn't know whether to believe your son at all?. "I knew he was on prescription drugs, but he was not abusing it," Mrs. Jackson said. After intervention at Neverland in 2002 Putnam asked if her mind changed about MJ abusing drugs. She said she didn't know one way or another (ABC7)

Katherine said that she never saw her son under the influence of drugs and never saw him “loopy, or out of it," even on the telephone. But, after her other children told her they believed he was addicted to prescription drugs and Michael denied it to her, she participated in an intervention at the Neverland ranch in 2002. “I knew he was taking them (pain pills) but I didn’t know he was abusing them,” Katherine told the jury. She said Michael was upset when the family staged the intervention "because when we got there, there was nothing wrong with him.” The intervention, she added, didn't really take place because he was upset and yelled at them and she became embarrassed to be there, she testified. (NBC)

Putnam showed a letter on People Magazine (Sept. 7, 2007) the family sent about MJ not addicted to pain killers and alcohol. Mrs. Jackson: We were not trying to take away the business or anything like that. That's a lie. Mrs. Jackson said she never attempted to take her son's business. Just because it's in the magazine tabloids doesn't make it true, she said."There are lies, these are all lies," Mrs. Jackson said. "We didn't try to take his business away." Tito, Marlon, Jackie, Jermaine, Katherine signed this letter. Putnam asked why she signed it if it wasn't true, she said I wanted it to stop.Mrs. Jackson: As far as the tabloids, I didn't waste my time because I know all they do is to try to make money
Putnam: Isn't it true your son MJ asked you to sign this? Mrs. Jackson: I don't remember my son asking me to sign this
Mrs. Jackson said she doesn't' remember MJ being involved in the draft of the letter. She doesn't know who asked her to sign it.
Putnam showed Mrs. Jackson Randy's deposition saying MJ asked her to sign the letter. She said it doesn't refresh her recollection about it. (ABC7)

She then was asked about an open letter to the media that she signed in 2007 along with several of Michael's siblings. It denied Michael had a drug problem and any history of a family intervention. "Why would you sign it if it wasn't true?" Putnam asked. "I wanted (to stop) things that weren't true," she said, appearing confused. (NYDailyNews)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson several questions about a letter she and other Jackson family members signed regarding an intervention. The letter was regarding reports about her son’s prescription drug use. I believe it was from 2007. Putnam at one point brought up Randy Jackson’s deposition and asked Mrs. Jackson if she had read any of her children’s depos. She said no. Putnam was able to show Mrs. Jackson her son Randy’s deposition after saying he would call him as a witness later. Depo wasn’t shown to jury (AP)

AEG's lawyer showed Katherine an open letter to the media she signed and released in 2007 denying there was ever a family intervention and also denying that Michael Jackson was addicted to drugs and alcohol. The lawyer also played a 2010 Oprah interview in which Katherine admitted that Michael was an addict. (AP)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson if she was aware of her son’s statement at the end of the “Dangerous” tour indicating a prescription drug problem. She said she hadn’t heard about it or seen it before it was played in court. She said she didn’t watch much television. Putnam: “Mrs. Jackson on Friday, you mentioned that you shut your ears to bad things. Do you remember saying that?” “I probably said it, but I don’t remember saying it,” Mrs. Jackson said, adding, “I don’t like to hear bad news.” Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson shut out hearing bad news about her son ending the Dangerous tour. She said she didn't remember how it ended. (AP)

Putnam: Were you aware your son MJ had gone to rehab before?
Mrs. Jackson: I had heard that, that Elizabeth Taylor had something to do about drugs but I don't watch television that much.
Mrs. Jackson: My children probably didn't want me to know about it.
Mrs. Jackson said she did not discuss with MJ about it and had never heard MJ's 1993 announcement he was going into rehab. MJ's mother said she never heard before tour had been canceled because of MJ's rehab. She said it doesn't mean it wasn't but she didn't know (ABC7)

On Monday, she seemed unfamiliar with some of the details of Michael’s life. She told the court she didn’t know her son's "Dangerous" tour had come to an early ending in 1993 when Elizabeth Taylor flew to Mexico City to take the singer to a rehab program in London.
Katherine Jackson testified that she’d she heard that Taylor had said something about her son going into rehab but didn't seem particularly curious about it.“Nobody came to me and said anything about it," she said. "My children probably didn’t want me to worry.”She said she didn't know that her son’s worldwide tour had been cut short. "I don't like to hear bad news," she said. (LATimes)

Putnam asked about whether she shut her ears to bad things. "I may have said that but I don't remember," Mrs. Jackson responded. Mrs. Jackson: I don't like hearing bad news. (ABC7)

Putnam asked about the attempted intervention in 2002. He asked about Dr. Farshchian treating MJ's addiction to Demerol. Mrs. Jackson said he doesn't recall Dr. Farshchian and does not recall any phone call with any doctor about MJ's addiction to Demerol. Putnam showed Mrs. Jackson transcript of Dr. Farshchian's deposition and asked if that refreshed her recollection. She said it doesn't. Putnam asked if Dr. Farshchian testified he spoke with her because she wanted to know all the details of her son's Demerol use. "I don't remember who Dr. Farshchian is and I don't remember treating Michael for Demerol," Mrs. Jackson said.
Putnam: Do you remember testimony about MJ having an implant to treat Demerol? Mrs. Jackson: I don't know anything about that
Mrs. Jackson said she doesn't remember discussing the implant in 2002. Mrs. Jackson said she does not remember MJ showing her a Narcan patch. (ABC7)

After the lunch break, Putnam asked about an implant that Michael Jackson apparently had to keep any addiction to Demerol in check. Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson if she ever saw the implant or talked to the doctor who put it in her son. Mrs. Jackson said she didn’t remember. Katherine Jackson said she didn't recall the doctor and didn't remember seeing the implant. She said she would have remembered seeing it. (AP)

As to Louis Farrakhan -- she met him, but doesn't remember seeing him at Neverland. (ABC7)

Putnam asked if Mrs Jackson knows there were a number of doctors who testified in this case. She said she didn't know, didn't see deposition (ABC7)

Putnam asked Mrs. Jackson about a Nov. 2010 interview with Oprah Winfrey. After a few questions, Putnam played the clip. In the clip, she said she was aware her son was taking prescription meds after his Pepsi commercial accident, but it was a long time before she heard he was addicted to them. She also discussed an intervention attempt by her children. Oprah asked Mrs. Jackson about her conversation with her son and asked if she believed his denials. She told Oprah she didn't believe him. In court, Katherine Jackson clarified. “I kind of believed him and I didn't believe him. I didn't know what to believe,” she said. (AP)

Putnam asked if she recalls sitting down for interview with Oprah Winfrey in the fall of 2010. Mrs. Jackson said yes.Oprah's interview aired about a month after the the lawsuit was filed. She watched it when it aired at the Hayvenhurst house. Putnam: Did you try to tell the truth in that interview? Mrs. Jackson: YesPutnam: You said you believed your son was addicted to drugs? Mrs. Jackson: I told Oprah that.Mrs. Jackson: I told you MJ was on painkillers, but I don't think he was abusing it.In Oprah's interview, Mrs. Jackson said it was a long time before she knew MJ was addicted to painkillers. She also said about the family's attempted intervention: the children told her to take MJ to rehab and kind of clean him up. Mrs. Jackson told Oprah she didn't want to hear MJ had overdosed. MJ kept saying he wasn't on it, and that his own mother didn't believe him.Mrs. Jackson: I kind of believe it and didn't believe it, hearing from my children, hearing from other people. "I didn't know what to believe," Mrs. Jackson said. Mrs. Jackson conceded she denied this morning that her son was abusing drugs. (ABC7)

Putnam: Do you think your son was abusing painkillers? Mrs. Jackson: I don't know. "I didn't know what to believe," she said. "I went to Neverland because my children kept asking me and I was concerned." Putnam: Was there a time you were concerned with MJ using painkillers? Mrs. Jackson: I can't say I weren't concerned.Putnam: Was there any time during the criminal trial that you were concerned MJ was under the influence of something? Mrs. Jackson: No (ABC7) Putnam asked whether during her son’s criminal trial whether she ever thought her son was on medications. She said no. (AP)

Katherine Jackson said she never discussed any concerns about her son's medication use with his lawyers or managers. Katherine Jackson said she occasionally talked to Jackson’s managers, including Frank Dileo. She wasn’t thrilled when Dileo came back. “They keep hiring all these people that Michael had fired. That’s what bothered me,” Katherine Jackson said. Putnam asked about the letter her son signed regarding Dileo. She said he told her he was only back in her son’s life for the tour. (AP) Mrs. Jackson said she never discussed with her son's attorneys or managers about her concerns.Mrs. Jackson said she had many conversations with Frank DiLeo and they were all friendly.She remembers answering the phone when Frank DiLeo went back to work for Michael. Mrs. Jackson wanted to know why people kept re-hiring people Michael had fired. Putnam asked if it was someone other than MJ who hired DiLeo. "I think so, Michael didn't want him back," she said. Mrs. Jackson: Michael and DiLeo told me he was back for the This Is It tour. (ABC7)

Katherine Jackson said she never relayed any concerns about her son’s prescription drug use to anyone at AEG Live. (AP)

Putnam: Did you tell Mr. DiLeo you were concerned that your son was abusing painkillers? Mrs. Jackson: No, since he had just come back
Mrs. Jackson said she never told AEG Live or Randy Phillips about MJ having drug problem. (ABC7)

Mrs. Jackson testified she was receiving money from MJ and also from Janet Jackson. At first, it was not on a monthly basis, but it became that way, Mrs. Jackson explained. Janet sent her $10,000 a month. Mrs. Jackson said she was receiving that amount when MJ died. The money went to her assistant Janice at the office. Mrs. Jackson said she told Janet she didn't have to continue to send her money after MJ died. (ABC7)

Putnam then asked about financial support Janet Jackson was providing her mom. She was giving $10k a month to support her mother. This money was coming in for several years before Michael Jackson’s death, but Mrs. Jackson said she eventually told her daughter to stop. (AP)

Jackson redirect

Putnam ended his questioning, and Panish took over. He asked about Michael’s support. Mrs. Jackson said he was paying for her necessities. (AP)

In re-direct, Panish asked if before MJ died, was he paying for everything? Mrs. Jackson: Yes, paying for everything
Panish: Did you rely on him (MJ) for all necessities of life? Mrs. Jackson: Yes (ABC7)

Panish inquired if Putnam asked during deposition personal question? Mrs. Jackson: Yes, he asked 'did your husband beat you'? (ABC7)

Panish: Farrakhan and Nation of Islam, does that have anything to do with your son's death? Mrs. Jackson: No P: Were you upset? Mrs. J: Yes (ABC7)

Panish asked whether Mrs. Jackson used email or a computer. She said she was computer illiterate. He also asked Katherine Jackson if she was a lawyer or a private investigator. The answers were no, obviously. The lawyer asked who she hired to find out the truth about her son’s death. Mrs. Jackson said she hired Panish’s firm. (AP)

Mrs Jackson said she doesn't know anything about computers, it's not a lawyer or investigator. Her highest level of education is high school. Panish asked what she did to go about this case. "I hired your firm," Mrs. Jackson said. "Why," Panish asked. "I wanted to find out what really happened to my son," Mrs. Jackson responded. (ABC7)

Phillips and Gongaware never called/send card to Mrs. Jackson after MJ died, Mrs Jackson said. Kenny Ortega went to see her, she said. (ABC7)

Panish asked about testimony that AEG Live execs Randy Phillips and Paul Gongaware loved her son. She said they never called her to express their condolences. They never sent a card. Mrs. Jackson said Kenny Ortega did come to see her after her son’s death. (AP)
He asked her about emails that had been displayed in court, ones Panish said she never would have seen if not for the lawsuit. In response several of Panish’s questions, she said she didn't know her son was losing weight or tour workers thought he was deteriorating. “I learned it here in court,” Mrs. Jackson said of the emails, other details about her son’s health. (AP)

Panish: Did you know your son was sleep-deprived for 60 days? Mrs. Jackson: No, I didn't
Panish asked if she knew Hougdahl wrote an email to AEG that MJ was deteriorating in front of his eyes? Mrs. Jackson: No
Mrs. Jackson said she learned about MJ's condition in court, that AEG never told her MJ was deteriorating, paranoia, losing weight, rambling. "The could've called me, he was asking for his father, he was scared, he was asking for Joseph," Mrs. Jackson said, crying. (ABC7)

“They could have called me,” Mrs. Jackson said. “He was asking me for his father. My grandson told me that his daddy was nervous and scared” (AP) Clutching a tissue and hanging her head at times, Katherine Jackson said she didn't know the extent of her son's weakness until after the start of her trial against AEG Live LLC. "They watched him waste away," she said after her attorney cited several emails from top workers preparing for the "This Is It" shows. The messages described her son's condition as deteriorating and cited his inability to rehearse. "They could have called me," Katherine Jackson, 83, said. "He was asking me for his father. My grandson told me that his daddy was nervous and scared." (AP) She said if the family had known, Joe Jackson would have stepped in. “They watched him waste away,” she said of AEG’s execs. (AP)

After Panish asked about an email in which an AEG corporate lawyer called her son a freak, Mrs. Jackson was crying. (AP)

Panish: Did AEG ever tell you they called your son a freak? Mrs. Jackson: No P: And that it was creepy meeting your son? Mrs. J: No (crying).Mrs. Jackson: They were there, without calling somebody. My husband and I would have been there in a second (crying)."They watched him waste away and waited, I know they did it," Mrs. Jackson said, crying. Panish showed picture of MJ in June 09 and asked if she ever saw her son like that. "Never," said Mrs. Jackson crying, wiping her eyes. (ABC7) She also said that she didn't see a photograph of her son shot six days before her his death until after the trial started. Katherine Jackson at first didn't seem to want to look at the photo, which has been repeatedly displayed during the trial and shows her son wearing a T-shirt, his arms thin and bones visible in his upper chest. (AP) Panish showed Mrs. Jackson the picture of her son taken on June 19th in which he looks extremely thin. She looked away at first. Panish asked if she’d ever seen her son look like that. “Never,” Katherine Jackson replied. (She’d never seen the photo before the trial.) (AP)

Mrs. Jackson was asked about the $100 million restitution figure. She said she didn't set the amount, but told the DA not to pursue it. (AP) Panish: Issue of restitution was the state decision and you told them not to do it, correct? Mrs. Jackson: Yes. Panish asked if the figure for restitution was set by the state. Mrs. Jackson said yes. (ABC7)

AEG recross

Putnam then took over questioning again. He showed the clip from the Dateline show that was discussed before lunch. (AP) In re-cross, Putnam showed a video where Mrs. Jackson said "It could've been prevented, he hired a doctor to take care of him." (ABC7)

Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson talked to her grandchildren about Dr. Murray in search of the truth."I could, but I didn't want to bring that up with them," Mrs. Jackson answered. Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson spoke with Sister Rose, the kids' nanny. "She told me that MJ was very weak, and she told me that she talked about what went down at the practice, they had to hold him up" she said. Mrs. Jackson doesn't know why Sister Rose is called sister and Brother Michael is brother. (ABC7)

an attorney for AEG Live had questioned why the Jackson family matriarch —if her purpose for filing the lawsuit was to find out the truth about her son's death, as she had testified — hadn't read through thousands of pages of deposition testimony, or asked her grandchildren about what happened in her son's rented mansion before his June 2009 death. She later said that while she could have asked her grandchildren about some issues, she didn't want to bring it up with them. (AP)

Putnam: Did I say anything improper in the deposition regarding the Nation of Islam? Mrs. Jackson: You were asking me question about it (ABC7)

He then asked Mrs. Jackson if she had ever met Paul Gongaware. She said she hadn't. “No, but that shouldn’t have stopped him from saying, ‘I’m sorry for what happened to your son,’” she said. (AP) Putnam asked if Mrs. Jackson knows Gongaware. "No, but that shouldn't have stopped him, to say I'm sorry what happened to your son" she said (ABC7)

Putnam asked if AEG put together a Memorial Service for MJ. She said yes. Mrs. Jackson said AEG told her if she did the memorial service at the Staples Center it would be free (she wanted to do it at the Coliseum) (ABC7) Putnam asked about the Staples Center memorial service. Mrs. Jackson said she wanted to hold it at the LA Coliseum, which is much bigger. She said she was told that if it was held at the Staples Center, the family wouldn't have to pay for it. (AP)

Jackson redirect

Panish took over again and asked Mrs. Jackson whether she received condolence cards from strangers. She said she got 1000s of them. (AP) In re-re-direct, Panish asked: They still didn't send a card, did they? Mrs. Jackson: No. Thousands and thousands of people sent her card. (ABC7)

She's a Jehovah's Witness and there's a difference between her religion and the Nation of Islam. (ABC7)

Regarding the interview, Mrs. Jackson said she just assumed, she didn't know whether MJ had hired Dr. Murray. (ABC7) Panish played the clip of Randy Phillips in which he was interviewed by Sky News a few days after Michael Jackson’s death. Phillips said in the interview that that Dr. Murray was hired by AEG at the request of Michael Jackson. (AP) Panish showed video of Phillips saying they hired him. Panish: Did Sister Rose discuss with you about AEG pressuring MJ? Mrs. Jackson: Yes (ABC7)

Panish: There was a suggestion in this trial you hired Kai Chase back so she can testify in your favor? Mrs. Jackson: Kai Chase has been working for me not quite a year yet Panish: Did you hire Kai Chase so she would testify in your favor? Mrs. Jackson: No, not at all. The children knew her, they wanted her, that's why. (ABC7)

AEG recross

Putnam asked about why Katherine Jackson didn’t bring up what happened in the Carrolwood house with her grandchildren. Mrs. Jackson said she could have asked them, but didn’t bring it up with them. She also said she didn’t discuss it with Kai Chase. (AP)

In re-re-cross, Putnam inquired Phillips said 'we hired him' and Mrs. Jackson said 'Michael' hired him. Mrs. Jackson: Like I said, I didn't know who hired him at that time. Putnam said one of them was not right in their interview. Mrs. Jackson answered: "I'm not correct." (ABC7) Putnam said based on the clips showed in the Dateline interview and Phillips’ Sky News interview, someone was wrong about who hired Murray. Katherine Jackson said she was wrong in her interview, that she assumed her son had hired Conrad Murray. (AP)

Jackson redirect

Panish came back up one more time and asked whether Katherine Jackson expected the CEO of AEG Live to know who hired Murray. (AP) In re-re-re-direct, Panish asked: Who do you think it's in a better position to know who hired the doctor, you or the CEO of AEG? Mrs. Jackson: The CEO of AEG (ABC7)

--------------------------
Judge told jury we are now moving to defendants' case, even though plaintiffs have not yet rested their case in chief.

-----------------------------------

John Meglen (AEG Witness) Testimony

AEG direct

AEG's attorney Jessica Stebbins Bina did direct examination.

John Meglen is a concert promoter, works at AEG Live, he's the president and CEO of Concerts West. Paul Gongaware is co-CEO of Concerts West with Meglen. He described his extensive background in the business. Meglen said he went to Veterinarian school initially. "I feel like I work with animals some times," he joked. (ABC7)

Bina talked about rivalry between AEG Live and Live Nation. Meglen said he doesn't think being the number 1 is necessarily a good thing. He explained it is the difference between quality and quantity. (ABC7)

When they created Concerts West, Meglen said their first tour was Andrea Bocelli. They promoted first tour of Mariah Carey. (ABC7)
Meglen worked with MJ prior to "This Is It" once. He was a consultant to a firm in Japan that promoted two MJ shows in 1986 around Christmas.Meglen watched both shows and said it was great. Marcel Avram was the promoter. They both sold half house, he said, which is half of the tickets available. Meglen said they hid he empty seats so it wouldn't show. Bina asked if Wikipedia was wrong in saying the shows were sold out. "I don't use Wikipedia as source for my business," Meglen said. (ABC7)

Meglen said he next met MJ in 2007 with Peter Lopez, MJ's attorney at the time at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. The meeting was to let MJ know what AEG was about, Meglen said. Gongaware, Raymone Bain (MJ's manager), Lopez, MJ were present. MJ recognized Gongaware, Meglen said. He came out of the bedroom, "Whenever I see Paul Gongaware I know everything is going to be all right".Meglen said MJ asked Gongaware about Brigitte, his girlfriend at the time. They wanted MJ to choose them for a comeback tour. "He was very excited," Meglen said. "He was great, full of energy, seem taller, firm handshake, he was there, he was very, very excited." (ABC7)

Meglen said almost immediately Gongaware took the lead on the MJ's This Is It project, since he had prior experience with MJ. Meglen said the expense of the show production falls under the artist to pay.

-------------------------------------------------

Outside the presence of jury, Panish said Deborah Chang spoke with Grace Rwamba's lawyer and he doesn't' know where she is. Plaintiffs want to bring Rwamba to testify before they rest their case. They still need to finish Ortega's testimony too.

melden

26.07.2013 um 10:29
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 8h
Nurse details his anesthetic treatments on Michael Jackson over 10-year span that ended in 2003: http://yhoo.it/18FTxBA

Yahoo! News
Nurse details anesthetic treatments for Jackson

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson had a high tolerance for certain drugs and wasn't always forthcoming with his medical history, a nurse anesthetist who treated the singer testified Thursday.
1:58 AM - 26 Jul 13

Nurse details anesthetic treatments for Jackson

Associated Press
ANTHONY McCARTNEY 7 hours ago

f2aa8c18e18d9c18380f6a7067004f37Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson had a high tolerance for certain drugs and wasn't always forthcoming with his medical history, a nurse anesthetist who treated the singer testified Thursday.

Witness David Fournier told jurors he had worked with Jackson for a decade until the relationship ended in 2003, when Fournier refused to participate in a medical procedure.

Jackson was acting "goofy" and was slow to respond to standard questions before a scheduled cosmetic surgery that was canceled after Fournier refused to administer an anesthetic, he said.

The incident came a few months after Fournier said he had to help Jackson breath while undergoing another procedure and later determined that Jackson had not disclosed a new medical condition.

"He wasn't honest with me," Fournier said.

At the time, Jackson had an implant in his abdomen to block the effects of Demerol and other opiate drugs.

Fournier testified that he had given the singer a relatively large dose of a powerful anesthetic and needed to know how Jackson was going to react.

Fournier testified as a defense witness in a negligence case filed by Jackson's mother against AEG Live LLC, the promoter of Jackson's comeback shows.

Katherine Jackson claims the concert promoter failed to properly investigate the doctor who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol as a sleep aid in 2009.

AEG denies it is liable for Jackson's death. Its lawyers have said Jackson hid his prescription drug use from nearly everyone.

Fournier said his incomplete medical records show he administered propofol to Jackson at least 14 times between 2000 and 2003. He estimated he gave the singer the drug numerous other times over the years for a variety of cosmetic and dental procedures.

He noted in his records that Jackson had a high tolerance for certain drugs, which Fournier said could be attributed to a variety of factors, including genetics.

During cross-examination, Fournier said Jackson never requested any specific drugs, including propofol, during procedures or asked to be sedated for longer than was necessary. He said the singer didn't exhibit any drug-seeking behavior or signs that he was doctor-shopping.

Fournier said he knew that Jackson had received an above-average number of anesthetic treatments over his lifetime, and many were related to procedures needed after Jackson was badly burned in a shoot for a Pepsi commercial in 1984.

Fournier said it was not common to administer an anesthetic during cosmetic procedures, but the ones done on Jackson were complex and involved dozens of injections. Some of the procedures were near Jackson's eye and sedation was necessary to keep him still, Fournier said.

Fournier also said he never had any indication that the singer was using propofol as a treatment for insomnia.

Jackson's physician Conrad Murray had been giving the singer nightly doses of propofol as Jackson prepared for his ill-fated "This Is It" shows.

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP (Archiv-Version vom 03.10.2013)

http://news.yahoo.com/nurse-details-anesthetic-treatments-jackson-214613416.html (Archiv-Version vom 29.07.2013)

melden

26.07.2013 um 10:41
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 25 Jul
Jackson trial judge bans spectator after he snaps photo of jurors in a hallway: http://www.wral.com/blogger-banned-from-jackson-civil-trial-over-photo/12700691/ (Archiv-Version vom 26.07.2013) He says it was an inadvertent pic.
3:43 AM - 25 Jul 13

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 25 Jul
Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos will determine whether Mr. Wagener will be permanently blocked from the courtroom tomorrow.
3:44 AM - 25 Jul 13

Spectator banned from Jackson trial over photo

Posted: 10:08 p.m. Wednesday
Updated: 10:10 p.m. Wednesday
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES — A spectator attending the civil trial over Michael Jackson's death was banned Wednesday by a judge after he snapped a photo in a courthouse hallway that included jurors hearing the case.

Earlier on Wednesday, jurors watched the videotaped testimony of a physician who said he treated the late singer to help him stop taking Demerol.

Bailiffs confiscated William Wagener's cellphone and ordered him to return on Thursday to find out whether the ban will remain in place or other disciplinary actions will be taken.

Wagener said he inadvertently snapped the photo on his smartphone while riding an escalator. He cooperated with bailiffs to retrieve the photo and said he did not send it to anyone.

The photo is the latest incident that has raised concerns about the security around jurors hearing the negligence case filed by Jackson's mother against AEG Live LLC. Two alternate jurors were approached by a woman last month who told them not to award any money to the Jackson family.

In recent days, tiny windows on the courtroom door were blocked after jurors reported seeing someone press a camera to the window and snap a photo during the proceedings. Videotaping and photography in the courthouse are banned without a court order, and a judge blocked a request by news outlets to broadcast the trial.

Bailiffs or a court clerk give daily reminders of the courtroom's rules, which include a ban on any transmissions from inside the trial or loud outbursts during the testimony.

Wagener, 67, said he posts updates on the trial on Facebook and YouTube and has sold rights to videos he made during Jackson's 2005 criminal trial. He said if he's banned from the trial, it will hurt his ability to cover the case. He said being in the courtroom is the only way to hear the inflection of lawyers and witnesses and get a full sense of the proceedings.

Earlier, in a videotaped testimony, one of Jackson's former physicians described how in 2002 he placed an implant in Jackson's abdomen to block the effects of opioid medications such as Demerol.

Dr. Alimorad Farschcian said Jackson told him that he wanted to stop taking Demerol for the sake of his children. The Miami-based physician became close to the entertainer after treating him for a sprained ankle, spending time at Neverland Ranch and meeting Jackson's mother on Christmas Day in 2002.

Farschcian said the implant kept the singer off of Demerol for at least nine months and Jackson's mother Katherine seemed pleased when he described it to her and her son showed her the device.

Katherine Jackson testified on Monday that she never saw the device and could never prove her son abused prescription medications.

The Jackson family matriarch is suing AEG Live, claiming it negligently hired another doctor, Conrad Murray, who was convicted of administering Jackson a fatal dose of anesthetic in 2009. No trace of Demerol was found in Jackson's system when he died.

AEG Live denies it hired Murray, and its attorneys have said Jackson hid his addiction struggles, and the company bears no responsibility for his death.

Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos said she would consult with another judge about how to handle Wagener and the photo of jurors.

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP (Archiv-Version vom 03.10.2013)

http://www.wral.com/blogger-banned-from-jackson-civil-trial-over-photo/12700691/ (Archiv-Version vom 26.07.2013)

melden

26.07.2013 um 10:45
ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 3h
Then next witness will be Eric Briggs - Retained expert projections and evaluation in the entertainment business (to counter what Erk said)

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 3h
Witness is excused. Trial adjourned until tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. Next witness is Dr. Scott Saunders - via video deposition.
7:09 AM - 26 Jul 13

melden

26.07.2013 um 10:48
Debbie Rowe ‘to tell court MJ was secret drug addict’: report

Last Updated: 10:44 AM, July 25, 2013
Posted: 10:43 AM, July 25, 2013

Debbie Rowe will reportedly testify in Michael Jackson’s wrongful death suit that the late King of Pop was allegedly a secret drug addict for decades, reports claim.

The statement could potentially damage the Jackson family’s case against AEG Live in Katherine Jackson’s $40 billion suit.

The late star’s mother is suing the concert promoters for negligence in the hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray, who treated The Gloved One during preparations for his comeback concert series.

TMZ reports that AEG has asked Rowe – Jackson’s former wife and biological mother to Prince and Paris – to confirm that he kept his drug habit a secret.

SPL533594 004101139--300x300

Sources told the gossip site that Rowe, 54, will be called by AEG next week to testify that she knew Jackson was abusing prescription medication in the 1980s and ‘90s but had no idea his habit was so out of control.

Rowe will reportedly point fingers at MJ’s famed former dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein, claiming he had orders to inject Jackson with Demerol (a narcotic pain reliever) and Vistaril (a sedative to treat anxiety) every time he came to the doctor’s office. Rowe was Klein’s medical assistant back when Jackson was a patient.

Rowe will also reportedly say the “Thriller” singer kept his drug abuse a secret from her – a statement thought to help AEG who argue it had no reason to know of Jackson’s alleged habit.

She will reportedly testify that she saw Jackson leave the doctor’s office days before he died. When she heard of Jackson’s death, she allegedly told Klein over the phone, "What the [bleep] did you give him? He's dead and it's your fault."

Rowe will also reportedly tell the court that she was the only person in Jackson’s life who would say no to him.

“The testimony could be critical. If the jury believes Michael could hide his hardcore drug use, AEG would have no reason to sound an alarm or take preventative action,” TMZ writes.

Jackson’s 83-year-old mother said in court this week that her son was “sick” and “being pressured” by the promoter as he prepared for his comeback tour. She claimed the company failed to give him proper medical attention in his final days.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/debbie_rowe_report_tell_court_mj_GCf1oDXYKCRKvLlyxmGOZK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Page%20Six

melden

26.07.2013 um 10:59
Michael Jackson’s Doctor Says Katherine Jackson Knew About His Prescription Drug Addiction

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 @ 17:19PM | By Jen Heger

Jurors in Katherine Jackson‘s wrongful death lawsuit against AEG, contending the concert promoter is responsible for the death of her son, Michael Jackson, heard testimony from one of the King of Pop’s doctors who contradicted testimony that the Jackson family matriarch gave in which she revealed she was unaware of the singer’s prescription drug addiction, RadarOnline.com is reporting.

Dr. Alimorad Faschian revealed in a video deposition that in 2002 he had implanted a device into Jackson, after the birth of his son, Blanket, to block the euphoric effect of his drug choice at the time, Demerol.

The video deposition, was obtained by KABC TV http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9184234 (Archiv-Version vom 02.08.2013)
and Dr. Faschian said, “Blanket was just born and that was why he wanted to, what he phrased, ‘a monkey on his back,’ he wanted to just not deal with it anymore.”

According to similar testimony by Faschian, who took the witness stand on Thursday, Katherine was asked about Michael’s detox and even inspected the incision where the device had been implanted.

“I think she (Katherine Jackson) wanted to know all about it, what was going on,” Faschian said during his deposition last summer, referring to Michael’s detox.

“I remember that was in Neverland. Michael did show the implant to his mother. Just his mother was there. She was very happy.”

As Radar previously reported, during cross examination, Katherine told jurors she was unaware that Michael’s Dangerous tour in 1993 had been cut short and that Elizabeth Taylor had flown to Mexico City to take the Thriller singer to a rehab program in London.

When asked what Katherine knew about Taylor’s bid to get her son into rehab, she replied she had heard about it, but “wasn’t curious about it.”

“Nobody came to me and said anything about it,” Jackson, 83, told attorney Marvin Putnam. “My children probably didn’t want me to worry.”

She admitted that she and several of her children attempted to stage an intervention in 2002 at Michael’s Neverland ranch, but it turned into a social visit.

AEG plans on calling Katherine back to the stand during their defense. Testimony in the case is expected to last until September.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/michael-jackson-doctor-says-katherine-jackson-knew-about-prescription-drug-addiction/

Katherine Jackson knew about son's drug issues, doctor says -exclusive

Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Miriam Hernandez

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=kabc&section=&mediaId=9184248&parentId=9184234&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=kabc&section=&mediaId=9184248&parentId=9184234&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's a major development in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial regarding the singer's use of drugs. Newly revealed testimony appears to contradict the recent testimony of Jackson's mother, who claimed to have no knowledge of her son's past addiction.

Jurors heard the most explicit details yet of Jackson's treatment for addiction. It was 2002, seven years before Jackson's death from the anesthetic propofol. Jackson's youngest son had just been born. Dr. Alimorad Farschian said Jackson wanted off of the painkiller demerol.

"Blanket was just born and that was why he wanted to, what he phrased, 'a monkey on his back,' he wanted to just not deal with it anymore," Farschian said in a video deposition.

In the video, Farschian states Jackson's family was pressuring the artist. The doctor's statement conflicts with the testimony of Katherine Jackson, who said under oath that she had no personal knowledge that her son struggled with dependency. The doctor said he talked to her directly about the singer's detox treatment.

"I think she wanted to know all about it, what was going on," said Farschian.

Farschian described implanting Michael Jackson with a type of demoral antidote. Naltrexone, also known as narcane, is a tiny tube inserted under the skin to block the euphoric effect of opiates. The doctor said he implanted Jackson five times over nine months and that he personally witnessed Mrs. Jackson examining her son's incision.

"I remember that was in Neverland. Michael did show the implant to his mother. Just his mother was there. She was very happy," said Farschian.

Katherine Jackson is suing AEG Live, alleging that the tour promoters hired and failed to supervise Conrad Murray, the physician linked to the singer's propofol overdose. Her attorneys assert that Jackson's health was deteriorating from anxiety and sleep deprivation in the two months before his death.

Jurors heard from Farschian that Jackson suffered from insomnia years earlier. The doctor's theory is that it was linked to cosmetic surgery: a key part of Jacksons nose was missing.

"It is possible that you produce what they call empty nose syndrome and producing insomnia," said Farschian.

About the plaintiffs claim that Jackson was emaciated, the autopsy recorded he was 136 pounds when he died. Farschian testified that Jackson weighed 128 when he treated him.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9184234 (Archiv-Version vom 02.08.2013)

melden

26.07.2013 um 11:03
Michael Jackson's drug use explored in trial

By Alan Duke, CNN
July 26, 2013 -- Updated 0847 GMT (1647 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Nurse David Fournier gave Jackson propofol 14 times in 3 years
* The sedations were for plastic surgeries, dermatological procedures and oral surgeries, he said
* Jackson never asked for specific drugs and never quarreled with him, Fournier says
* AEG Live's lead lawyer has said he would call "many, many, doctors" as witnesses

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A nurse who administered propofol to Michael Jackson more than a dozen times said the pop star did not appear to be a drug-seeker.

David Fournier was called as a witness Thursday by AEG Live in an effort to convince jurors that Jackson was so deceptive and secretive about his drug use that its executives had no way of knowing his health was in danger as he prepared for his comeback concerts.

An economist hired by the concert promoter's lawyers will testify Friday in an effort to downplay how much money Jackson might have earned had he not died at age 50 -- an important issue if the jury decides AEG Live is liable in his death.

Michael Jackson's mother and three children contend the company negligently hired, retained or supervised the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter in his death -- which the coroner ruled was caused by an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol.

AEG Live argues that Jackson chose and controlled Dr. Conrad Murray, who told investigators he gave Jackson nightly infusions of propofol to treat his insomnia.

Fournier, a certified nurse anesthetist, testified about an incident on June 3, 2003 in which Jackson stopped breathing while under sedation for a procedure with Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein. After Jackson suffered a "somewhat bizarre reaction" during the sedation, Klein told Fournier it might be because the singer had an "opioid antagonist" implant. It was intended to help treat a dependence on Demerol, he said.

"You expect your clients and doctors be honest with you and I felt ambushed and was upset," Fournier testified. The nurse said it made him angry at both Klein and Jackson.

AEG Live lawyers hope jurors see the incident as evidence that Jackson was dishonest about his drug use, which would support their contention that their executives had no way of knowing about the dangerous treatments he was getting from Murray.

Fournier also testified that Jackson failed to follow his instructions in two instances after being sedated for procedures. Jackson went to a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant for a bucket of chicken instead of going home and eating crackers, he testified. Another time he went to a rehearsal for a Grammy show performance and sprained his ankle, he said.

Every instance where Jackson was given propofol was medically justified, Fournier said. The 14 times he administered it between 2000 and 2003 involved plastic surgeries, dermatological procedures and oral surgeries, he said.

He first sedated Jackson in 1993 when he was being treated for serious scalp burns suffered while filming a Pepsi commercial several years earlier, he said.

Some of the 25 times he was hired to assist with Jackson's procedures no drugs were given, he said. He would just hold his hand and assure him it would be all right.

Jackson never asked for specific drugs and never quarreled with him, he said. All of the doctors who treated him were respected physicians, he said.

Fournier's friendly relationship with Jackson ended in November 2003 when he canceled a procedure because Jackson was "a little goofy, a little slow to respond." Fournier said he refused to sedate Jackson because he suspected he was lying to him about his use of drugs.

"Despite 10 years of good quality care and taking good care of him for a long period of time, he never called me," he said.

AEG Live's lead lawyer has said he would call as witnesses "many, many, doctors" who have treated Jackson to make their case that he was a secretive drug addict.

The trial in a Los Angeles court concludes its 13th week Friday and is expected to last into September.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/26/showbiz/jackson-death-trial/

melden

27.07.2013 um 07:19
@FaIrIeFlOwEr
ich finde es richtig widerlich, daß Michaels Krankengeschichte voll ausgebreitt wird. Wer will so etwas schon!!!
Michael war darauf bedacht, daß niemand so private Dinge erfährt und jetzt gilt das nicht mehr.
Na und die Debbie wird dann nächste Woche noch eins drauflegen, obwohl ich mir sicher bin, daß sie Michael nicht schaden wollte oder will. Sie will den Klein rankriegen!!!

Außerdem möchte ich fast wetten, daß der Murray seine Aufnahmen veröffentlicht, vielleicht schon bald, dann wieder mit der Entschuldigung, daß seine Freundin Geld braucht, um die Miete zu bezahlen. Ich glaube auch, daß er dafür schon genügend Abnehmer hätte, auch gegen gute Bezahlung.
So ein "toller" Arzt.

2x zitiertmelden

27.07.2013 um 09:04
Quelle: MJJC ~ Eintrag #57 ~ User: Ivy
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/129265-Katherine-Jackson-vs-AEG-Live-Daily-Trial-Testimony-Summary/page4

Jacksons vs AEG - Day 54 – July 23 2013 – Summary

Katherine Jackson is not in court.

John Meglen (Co-CEO of Concerts West) Testimony

AEG direct

Meglen didn't have involvement in Michael Jackson's contract. He said after the initial meeting, there was a quiet period. Then they met again in ealry 2008 and began discussions of what to do and where to go with MJ's comeback tour. (ABC7)

Defense attorney Jessica Stebbins Bina is doing the questioning of Meglen. She asked him this morning about initial plans for “TII” shows. Meglen said London was the venue AEG Live considered most because it’s considered “the biggest concert market in the world.” He said AEG considered putting Jackson’s shows in Asia, possibly Shanghai or Tokyo. He noted Asia was a historically strong market for MJ. Meglen said Japan is still the stronger concert market. “You can generate a lot more revenue in Japan than in China,” he said. He said ultimately the economics of having Jackson do his shows in Asia didn’t work out. They couldn’t get a high enough ticket price there. North America was not an option, Meglen said, due to Jackson’s reputation here and controversies he'd had here. (AP)

The promoter said they considered London, the biggest market in the world, since it has a new, hot arena. He said the strength of artist's popularity is based on ticket sales, ticket sales of similar artists, record sales, radio time playing. "We did not want to start the tour in North America," Meglen said. Meglen: We weren't sure what the reaction, ticket sale would be in N America because of the historic stuff Michael had gone before in the US. Meglen said the other option was Asia, Japan especially. He has done a number of other tours in Asia. However, Meglen said the economics wasn't there for Asia, couldn't get a high enough ticket price in China. He said there are a lot of rich people in China, but a lot people with not as much money. eglen said MJ had sold stadium shows in London before, had a successful track record there. (ABC7)

The promoter said normally they talk about show net, what we call artist gross, is when discussing money. "You can't compare net of artists because they all spend differently on the road," Meglen said. The show net is where you determine the artist gross from, Meglen explained. (ABC7)

AEG Live executive John Meglen is back on the stand. He’s been testifying a lot about his experience in the concert promotion business. Meglen worked somewhat on the “This Is It” tour early on, looking at budgets and projections and doing some initial planning. Meglen wasn’t working on the tour day-to-day. He was handling other AEG Live shows while other execs were working on the “This Is It” shows. He said he attended one rehearsal and didn’t meet with Michael Jackson often. He was in an initial project discussion meeting in early 2007. Meglen said he never met Conrad Murray or reviewed the doctor’s draft contract. AEG Live’s attorneys want Meglen’s testimony to demonstrate that calculations by plaintiff’s damages expert Arthur Erk are off. (AP)

Meglen said he was not intimately involved in the budget tour and budget production, but has seen them and knows what a budget is. Meglen said he was aware of talks about a worldwide tour with MJ. Meglen: The London shows were the only approved shows from our standpoint at AEG. He explained that the only one that went thru the approval process was the London shows. It was a long way to the completion of the London shows, so Meglen said there was no urgency in figuring out where to go after that. Meglen would have to approve a worldwide budget, he said. And it all depended on the London shows success and their review. (ABC7)

Meglen said Paul Gongaware called Michael Jackson 'Mikey' because they knew each other. (ABC7)

The promoter said AEG advanced the money for "This Is It" tour. The superstar deals: the selling of tickets is kind of a given, Meglen said. So they get out of guarantee and get profit participation. "They are worried about what their shares are as opposed to guarantee," Meglen explained. This is the type of deal for Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Neal Diamond, Meglen testified. (ABC7)

Meglen wasn't involved in the production of TII. He has never met Dr. Murray and has not seen any draft agreement between AEG and the doctor. Meglen said he has been involved in tours where a doctor was part of the production. He named Rolling Stones, Celine Dion, John Denver.
Bina: Is it worrisome to have a doctor come on tour?
Meglen responded no, not at all.
He said you're dealing with singers, sometimes you have a lot of dancers on shows, so doctors, physical therapists, chefs, not uncommon. (ABC7)

Meglen said he had never seen an AEG contract where the artist is required to rehearse. Meglen said Celine Dion's director was freaking out because she was not showing up for rehearsals. The rehearsal is more for the people around the artist, Meglen said. He said it is very common for artists to use TelePrompTers. Celine Dion, Meglen said, not only uses Teleprompter but has an ear piece with director speaking to her. (ABC7)

Meglen said he had one show in Las Vegas that didn't sell tremendously well and they had to shut down production early. No names mentioned. The promoter said the hotels in Las Vegas would not allow an artist to have a residency show with only 2 and 1/2 shows per week. He said the hotels want customers every night, so resident shows need to have a constant schedule and few days off. A residency show needs more than 2 and 1/2 shows per week to be able to pay expenses and make money, Meglen explained. He said the promoter would be able to survive with only 2 and 1/2 shows per week, but not the artist. Meglen said the average ticket price for a headliner show in Las Vegas currently is $100-$125. (ABC7)

An arena is an ambitious step to take the model of a Las Vegas show. Arena fits 50k-60k people, Meglen said. Meglen said he has put together a show idea for Las Vegas involving Michael Jackson, but not a residential show. Meglen: We proposed to the Estate a Michael Jackson Campus at the Planet Hollywood Hotel. Meglen: It'd involve artifacts in MJ exhibit, items from Neverland, 2 restaurants, nightclub and a theatrical show directed by Kenny Ortega. This was after Michael Jackson passed away. Meglen said this was never proposed before he died. Bina showed a document with an a structural outline with the concept of the Las Vegas show, possible partners and numbers. Meglen said they wanted to take this to another level, creating an entire campus as opposed to just a show and a boutique. Meglen said he became aware the Estate of MJ was in talks with Cirque du Soleil for a show in Vegas, which gave AEG a sense of urgency. The promoter said he got one meeting with the executor of MJ's Estate, John Branca, but they were already involved with Cirque du Soleil. Meglen: You run 10 years (in a residency show) and you hit a home run. Meglen said they were very interested in a MJ Las Vegas show. He said he made an offer as attractive of better than Cirque's proposal. Meglen said there was a guarantee of $60 million over 10 years. "The Estate told us they were not interested," Meglen said. (ABC7)

An AEG Live executive testified Tuesday that the firm offered Michael Jackson's estate a guarantee of $60 million over 10 years in a deal that included a Las Vegas theatrical show based on the pop star's songs. John Meglen said the proposal included a "Michael Jackson campus" at the Planet Hollywood Hotel that would have included the singer's artifacts, two restaurants, a nightclub and stores to sell merchandise. The show would have been directed by Kenny Ortega, the director of the ill-fated "This Is It" 50-concert comeback tour Jackson was preparing when he died in 2009. The AEG executive testified his company would have paid an additional $40 million to create the show. "The $40 million gets you to opening night," he said. Meglen, dressed in a dark blue suit and a white shirt open at the collar, said this would have been AEG's first shot at creating what he called a "conceptual show," rather than one where a live performer is the main attraction. Conceptual shows, he said, are riskier. “With the headliner, you have a certain track record of how many tickets they’re going to sell … but if you do a show based on Elton’s music or Celine’s music, it depends on how good the show is, I guess,” said Meglen referring to Elton John and Celine Dion, singers who have done extended runs at Las Vegas hotels. Meglen said that hearing that Cirque du Soleil was talking to the Jackson estate is what led AEG to make its pitch. He said they had a meeting with the estate's co-executor, John Branca, in his conference room. Meglen said AEG did a "B-minus, C-plus pitch. In my opinion, they were already down the road and they wanted to do the show with Cirque.” Meglen said AEG never made Jackson an offer for a conceptual show while he was alive. “We thought if we could create the show with Michael’s catalog that that could be very successful, but it’s risky,” Meglen said. (Latimes)

While Michael Jackson was alive, Meglen said the ideal would be to have the artist live as a residency show. But that wasn't an option. He said tribute shows don't do well when the artist is alive, since people want to see the actual performer. (ABC7)

Meglen said he probably has never proposed an India concert. "Nobody goes to India," Meglen said. Jacksons attorney objected saying Meglen has no experience in India. Judge sustained. (ABC7)

Meglen explained the stadiums normally don't allow sale of full capacity. The stage is big, when you sell all around is called 360 degrees. The projections the Jacksons expert produced is more than that, Meglen said. He estimated they would sell 220 degrees in MJ's shows. All stadiums and arenas have suites and the promoters and artists don't get to charge them, Meglen said. People buy the suites on an annual basis and it includes concerts. The building gets the money, not the promoter or artist. (ABC7)

Asked if Jackson would have been able to fill stadiums and arenas at 100 percent capacity had he lived long enough to conduct a worldwide tour, AEG Live co-CEO John Meglen testified that the answer was no. According to Meglen’s testimony, seats behind the stage or with obstructed views cannot be assigned to ticket holders. The only seats that can be sold are those with a view of the arrest on stage, a much smaller number than the total number of seats in the venue.(NBCLA)

Meglen said you can't put an arena show into a stadium, specially because of the size of the stage and the production. It's also much more expensive to do a stadium show, Meglen explained. (ABC7)

Rolling Stones had 59,000 people, the maximum capacity they could have at The Rose Bowl, Meglen said. The Rose Bowl is one of the biggest stadiums in the country and there is the idea that it fits 100k people, Meglen explained. "You're lucky if you can hit 60 (thousand)," Meglen said. (ABC7)

Bina shows another exhibit. There's dispute as to which exhibit has been admitted already or not. Judge sent jury to lunch. Outside the jury presence, Panish complained to the judge that AEG's attorney Jessica Bina handed over copies of exhibits to the jury. He said the proper procedure is to hand the documents to the clerk or bailiff and let them handle them to the jury. Panish said the attorneys should not have any contact with the jurors whatsoever. Bina said it was not her intention, apologized. (ABC7)

John Meglen resumed testimony in the afternoon. Bina showed him plaintiffs' Highest Grossing Tours chart created by Erk from Wikipedia data. Bina: Which tours you promoted all or portion of tour?
8- Rolling Stones
11- Celine Dion
12- Eagles
13- Pink Floyd
18- Bon Jovi
20- Bon Jovi
26- MJ HIStory
28- Pink
30- Bon Jovi
34- Britney Spears
35- Bon Jovi
37- Justin Timberlake
38- Paul McCartney(ABC7)

Meglen did 7 whole tour, 3 North America and 2-3 did some shows of the highest grossing shows. He said he's familiar with endorsements and sponsorship deals involving a tour. Meglen worked on two shows of MJ's HIStory tour. (ABC7)

Bina said there was a lot of testimony about the fast pace of sales of tickets. She asked if he has seen any other show sell that fast. Meglen: Yes, Voodoo Lounge, Division Bell we almost sold out immediately, we call instant sell outs. Meglen: Those were stadiums tours and when we put them on sale we rolled into multiple stadium dates, that's about as high as it gets. (ABC7)

Rolling dates means opening more dates based on demand, Meglen explained. He said initially 10 shows for TII was sold, then 31, 50.
Bina: Was this the best selling show you've ever seen in your career?
Meglen: No, because it was a relatively lower ticket price. We sold as many tickets on Voodoo Lounge as fast as we sold MJ.
"In numbers of tickets sold in a day, sure, we have done those kinds of numbers before," Meglen explained. Meglen said he negotiated a number of tour deals, from Beach Boys to Sunkist, Good Vibration deals. (ABC7)

Sponsor puts a name in an event, Meglen said. Endorsement is when product/company associates name with an artist, artist does commercials. Meglen said the Rolling Stones sponsorship with Citibank was $2.5 million, which is not near 42% of the gross revenue.
Bina: Was sponsorship 42%?
Meglen: No, there's no correlation, I've never heard anything like it
Meglen said there were no endorsements deal for the This Is It tour. Bina said she had no more questions at this time. (ABC7)

Jackson cross

North America was not an option, Meglen said, due to Jackson’s reputation here and controversies he'd had here. The lawyer asked about Meglen’s characterization of Jackson’s “This Is It” ticket sales and whether he agreed with his boss’ opinion. (AP)

Panish, in re-cross, asked: Is Paul Gongaware truthful?
Meglen: Very truthful
P: And Randy Phillips?
M: Yes (ABC7)

Panish: Do you agree with your boss' Phillips and Gongaware MJ was the greatest artist of all time?
Meglen: I don't know what their opinion was. I believe that they believe that.
Panish: Do I believe MJ was the biggest artist of all time?
Meglen: No, I do not
Panish: Who is?
Meglen: I think Michael is big in pop world, but in my opinion Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin -- "I'm a rocker" (ABC7)

Panish asked Meglen to name bigger artists than Jackson. Meglen said Jackson was big in the pop world, but cited 2 rock acts as bigger. Meglen named the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin as bigger acts, explaining he’s “a rocker.” (AP)

Panish: Is Celine Dion honest?
Meglen: Yes
Meglen and Dion have been working together for 12 years. He's familiar with a lot of her shows. (ABC7)

Panish then asked Meglen about concert attendance figures cited in Billboard magazine. Meglen said he uses them, but just as an outline. “I’ve kind of learned to believe that they’re not totally accurate,” Meglen said of the figures. (AP)

Panish asked about a Celine Dion show performed at the Stade de France outside of Paris. The listed max capacity is around 80k. Meglen said he believed the stadium could host 60,000 to 70,000 concertgoers for a show. Panish cited figures for two Dion shows in 1999. Panish showed Meglen a printout from Dion’s website, stating she sold 90k tickets each night for two shows in June 1999. “That’s what it says,” Meglen said of the printout. The executive told the jury he didn’t promote the Stade de France shows. Meglen had also told the jury that he wasn’t familiar with the promotion of Dion’s Asian or European tour dates. (AP)

Panish: What did you testify was the maximum capacity of stadium in France?
Meglen: I don't believe it is 80,000
Meglen: Generally, 30% of the numbers that your expert project you have to take out because it gets you to the salable number.
Panish: So what's the maximum seating capacity for that stadium in Paris?
Meglen: I don't know exactly, I'd say 60 to 70,000
Panish: Isn't it true Celine Dion sold 90,000 tickets at that stadium in 1999?
Meglen: I don't know if that's true, didn't promote that show
"It sounds like too big a number to me," Meglen said. Panish said it was 180,000 people for two shows. (ABC7)

Panish then attacked AEG’s slide on the Rose Bowl attendance figures. The slide said concert capacity was about 60,000 people. Panish showed Meglen a Billboard magazine story that reported U2 packed in 97,000 people for a concert there. Meglen said that’s what Billboard reported, but he said he hung out before that show and was told by the band’s rep that it hadn’t sold out. The executive said one of the only shows AEG Live has ever produced that had more than 60k concertgoers was at Ohio State University (AP)

Exhibit: Rose Bowl Cap
Rolling Stones VooDoo Lounge, 2 shows
Plaintiff's Stated Capacity: 92,542
Actual Capacity: 59,570
Difference: 32,972 (ABC7)

Meglen said he met with his attorney 5 days to prepare for his testimony. He was subpoenaed at lunch time and Bina said they will respond. "The maximum capacity of shows I've done at the Rose Bowl was 59,570," Meglen testified. (ABC7)

Panish: Isn't it true U2 had 97,000 people attend at the Rose Bowl?
Meglen: That's not true
Panish: It was reported on Billboard Magazine
Meglen: I wouldn't believe it (ABC7)

Panish showed Meglen the Billboard Magazine article. He asked how many tickets were sold at U2 performed in Oct 2009 at the Rose Bowl?
Meglen: It looks like they (Billboard) reported 97,000. I have done Pink Floyd and Rolling Stones, we try to sell as much as we can, we got to roughly 60,000.
Panish: Are you an expert in stadium?
Meglen: I think I am pretty much an expert in the field. (ABC7)

Meglen said that to him, the biggest stadium cap he played was in Columbus, Ohio for a concert and he got in over 60,000. Meglen: You assume I believe and agree with those numbers because they are on Billboard magazine. Those numbers are often inflated. (ABC7)

Panish asked Meglen how much time he spent preparing to testify. The exec said portions of five days. Meglen had been working on the Stones’ recent tour, started trial testimony preparation when he got back last week. Panish then asked Meglen about his contract and how much he got paid. Stebbins Bina objected, saying it was irrelevant to the trial. Panish said Meglen’s salary was relevant because it went to bias. Stebbins Bina said it was an invasion of privacy. Judge sustained the objection and Panish asked it a different way. Meglen said he was paid “sufficiently.” The lawyer asked if Meglen was paid a lot. The executive said he didn't know how to answer that question. When prodded, Meglen said $1 million a year seemed like a lot to him. He added he wasn’t paid that amount. (AP)

Panish asked if Meglen will do anything he can to protect AEG. "I'm here to tell the truth," Meglen said. Panish: How much do you get paid by AEG? Defendants' objected, said it has nothing to do with this case. Panish argued this goes to show a bias. He said he's under a 5 year contract with discretionary bonus. Judge sustained it. Panish asked if Meglen gets paid a lot by AEG. He said a lot to one person is not a lot to another. Panish asked what's a lot. Meglen said a million/year. Then Panish asked if Meglen gets paid a lot. "I'm not paid a million dollars a year" (ABC7)

Panish moved on after a few questions and then asked about a comment Meglen made yesterday that he works with “animals.” Meglen said he wasn’t referring to artists, he was referring to the people who prep and tear down shows and are on the road all the time. (AP) Panish asked about Meglen's reference to work with animals. "I told you yesterday that the people I worked are like animals," Meglen said. "I still work with animals." He said he was referring to crews and guys who works with him assembling shows and taking them down in hours. (ABC7) “I think we’re animals by doing that,” Meglen said. Panish asked whether the exec respected artists. “Very much,” he replied. (AP)

Panish asked if Meglen respects artists. He answered yes. He then asked if it is ok for AEG to refer to an artist as freak or creepy. Panish asked if it's appropriate for one of AEG's executive to call an artist "freak" and "creepy." "People will use terms about an artist that people have used before," Meglen answered. Panish asked if it's appropriate for AEG to call artist a freak. Meglen said no. Panish asked if Meglen thought it was appropriate for your lawyers to refer as freaks or creepy? Meglen: I don't believe it is yes or no answer. I believe if people are communicating in a personal level is different from being in public. "It would not be a appropriate is it was in a public fashion," Meglen opined. Panish: But in private it's ok? Meglen said he doesn't believe it's a yes or no answer. "I think when someone is having a private conversation and later if that becomes public, that can change things," Meglen said. Meglen: Freak had been used numerous times prior, I don't believe it was appropriate term for him to use but term that had been used before. "I think "creepy" is not that bad of a word," Meglen said. He told Panish he's sure they both have been called creepy behind their back. (ABC7)

Panish asked if it was appropriate to call an artist a “freak” or a meeting with an artist “creepy” as AEG corporate lawyers did in emails. Meglen said it depended on the situation and it wouldn’t be appropriate to do it in public. He said it wasn't a simple yes or no answer. After several more questions, Meglen said it wouldn’t be appropriate to call an artist a freak. He said calling someone creepy was different. Meglen said he’d probably been called creepy, and said it might have been said about Panish. “No one would say it to my face,” he replied. (AP)

Meglen said they always want to do what's best for the artist. He had some disagreements with his old boss. (ABC7)

Panish asked Meglen several questions about a June 2009 email that Paul Gongaware sent regarding Conrad Murray. Gongaware email: “We want to remind him that it is AEG, not MJ who is paying his salary. We want him to understand what is expected of him.” Meglen said he wasn’t copied on the email and could only speculate on what Gongaware meant. (AP) Panish asked Meglen to assume Gongaware wrote an email and said tell Murray, remind him it's AEG, not MJ, paying his salary. Panish showed Gongaware's email to Meglen. He said he's seen the email on the newspaper. Panish: You told me "who's paying your salary" is "where your bread if being buttered." Meglen: I said Mr. Ferrell told me 'you know where your bread is buttered.' "In the context of this email, I'd be only speculating what Paul was doing," Meglen said. (ABC7)

Panish then starting asking questions about other artists who have doctors who work on tours. He asked if AEG pays Celine Dion’s doctor. Meglen said Dion’s company pays her doctor. He said AEG didn’t negotiate the deal and can’t tell the doctor what’s expected of him. Panish asked about the Rolling Stones’ doctor. He gave the same answers -- that AEG didn’t hired or negotiate with the Stones’ doctor. Meglen said it’s usually the producer’s responsibility to negotiate with doctors, physical therapists, but terms are set by the artist. The executive re-iterated he wasn’t familiar with Murray’s contract, and hadn’t read Michael Jackson’s contract in detail. (AP)

Panish asked if AEG hired Celine Dion's doctor. Meglen said no. Celine's company pays her doctor. Meglen said they did not negotiate Dion's doctor's contract and cannot terminate him. Panish: Did AEG negotiate the doctor's contract for Rolling Stones? Meglen: No, it was negotiated by their tour producer. Panish asked if it's true the producer generally negotiates the contract with doctors, physical therapists, etc. Meglen: It can be producer's responsibility to hire the doctor if there is a doctor on the tour, if artist requests them to do that. In a video deposition, shown to the jury, Meglen said it's the producer's responsibility, many times. AEG Live was the producer for MJ's This Is It tour. "It can only be done with the approval of the artist," Meglen said. "You can't hire people in these positions without the artist approval." Meglen said he was told Michael wanted to bring his doctor on tour. He was not involved in negotiating the contract with Dr. Murray. Meglen said he had heard of some of the doctor's request in their executive meeting. "I don't know who was negotiating, I had simply heard the doctor requested money," Meglen said. Meglen: During one of our executive meetings, it was brought to our attention that Murray was asking for $5 million. Gongaware was the one who brought it up. Meglen said it was kind of understood the amount was excessive and it was not going to happen. (ABC7)

He said the company doesn’t hire doctors. He said the issue of Murray asking for $5 million came up in a meeting of AEG Live executives. Meglen said Gongaware reported the doctor’s request. After several questions about who was there, Meglen said he didn’t remember how many meetings that included a discussion of Murray’s fee, or if he commented on it. He said it may have come up in just one meeting. Meglen said Gongaware told the group that Jackson told him to offer Murray $150k a month, and the doctor accepted that. The executive said it’s uncommon that any artist’s doctor are discussed in the AEG Live executive meetings. He said outside of Jackson’s tour, a discussion of an artist’s doctor had probably never happened in the executives’’ meetings. (AP)

Panish asked whether AEG Live directly paid the doctors for the Stones and Dion. Meglen said not, the artists paid them. Meglen said Dion’s doctor was listed in an early budget for her shows, but he was only listed as someone paid out of her expense stipend. Dion’s company would be paid a certain amount to operate her show each week, Meglen said, and her doc would be paid from that. Meglen: “We do not hire doctors. We could advance on behalf of an artist.” (AP)

Panish: Isn't true Celine Dion's doctor is paid for out of show production budget? Meglen: I pay Celine Dion an amount of money, to which she pays the doctor out of that money. (ABC7)

Panish: You never proposed a MJ show when he was alive?
Meglen: I asked if Michael was interested in doing a Celine-type show and he said no (ABC7)

"Our policy is we do not have a deal until we have a signed contract," Meglen explained. "We do not consider a deal done until there's an executed contract," Meglen said. He said just because Murray agreed to money offer by MJ via Gongaware does not mean a deal was consummated. (ABC7)

Panish: Is it common at the executive committee to talk about the artist's doctor?
Meglen: No, that's not common
Panish asked when was the last time the committee discussed an artist's doctor.
"That probably never happened," Meglen said. (ABC7)

Only Rolling Stones and Celine Dion have had doctors on tour under AEG. "AEG did not have a contract with Celine's doctor," Meglen said. They did not negotiate the doctor's payment, could not fire the doctor. Meglen said he does not know if Dion's doctor set her schedule up. "AEG paid the per-show operating expense to CDA production who in turn paid the doctor," Meglen said aboutCeline Dion. Regarding the Rolling Stones, Meglen said the doctor worked for the band, which means worked for principals and band members. Meglen said AEG did not negotiate the contract with the doctor for the Rolling Stones. Panish: AEG give money to the Rolling Stones? Meglen: Yes . Panish asked if it was $18 million. Meglen said there was advance/other securities, doesn't know if the Rolling Stones have to pay it back. Meglen: We did not produce the Rolling Stones show, we only promoted the Rolling Stones tour. Celine Dion's doctor was on the original operation budget by AEG for her show. He was listed to be paid out of the weekly operation expense. Meglen said Dion's doctor was her responsibility to pay. "AEG does not pay doctors," Meglen said. "We do not hire doctors, we could advance on behalf of artists." I know we don't hire doctors," Meglen said. He was not involved in a day-to-day details. (ABC7)

Panish asked who would be in a better position to know AEG’s actions on Jackson’s shows, Meglen or Randy Phillips. Meglen said Phillips and Gongaware would know, but said he knew the company didn’t hire doctors. Panish asked whether Meglen had ever discussed trial testimony with Phillips or Gongaware. He said no. Meglen said the executives had discussed the case, but they were told not to discuss their respective testimony. He said he did ask Philip Anshutz how he thought the case was going when they saw each other recently. Meglen said Anshutz told him, “'I think it’s going fine. We have not presented our case yet.’” Meglen said they didn’t discuss it further. (AP)

Panish asked if Meglen spoke with Mr. Anschutz about the trial. Meglen said he asked what he thought about the trial. "I think it's going fine, we have not presented our case yet," Meglen said Anschutz responded. (ABC7)

Panish showed the picture of MJ in June 2009. Meglen: He looks skinny, he looks skinner than when I saw him. That's all. "I'm not a doctor. It's not for me to decide whether being slander is healthy or not healthy," Meglen explained. (ABC7)

Panish asked about the meeting with MJ in 2007. "I'm very proud of the assets of AEG, but I don't think I was bragging about it." Meglen said he would not go in a meeting about movies since he is not in the movie business. He said he showed the company's movie sizzle reel to MJ because he wanted to show the quality of their work. "How would I know what MJ wanted to do?" Meglen said. (ABC7)

melden

27.07.2013 um 09:17
Quelle: MJJC ~ Eintrag #58 ~ User: Ivy

Jacksons vs AEG - Day 55 – July 24 2013 – Summary

Katherine and Trent Jackson are at court.

John Meglen Testimony

Jackson Cross

AEG Live executive John Meglen is back on the stand. He’s being cross examined by plaintiff’s lawyer Brian Panish. There were some testy exchanges between Meglen and Panish. The lawyer went back over a lot of Meglen’s testimony from yesterday. There were lots of objections. The judge also had to tell Meglen to give yes or no answers, and told Panish not to argue with the witness. The session actually ended when the judge called a sidebar right before the lunch break. (AP)

Panish asked Meglen about his testimony yesterday on the reported 97k attendance figure for a U2 concert at the Rose Bowl. Meglen said yesterday he didn’t believe the figure as it was reported by Billboard magazine. Panish asked him for any evidence to dispute it The executive said he didn’t have evidence to dispute the 97k attendance figure, but made clear he doesn’t believe it. (AP)

The Rose Bowl would only seat 60,000, Meglin said. Although Billboard Magazine reported that U2 performed for 97,000 people in the Pasadena, California, venue in 2009, Meglin said he was "trusting my gut" that the numbers were inflated. "I know how those numbers can be manipulated," he said.Jackson lead lawyer Brian Panish noted that 98,000 people were in the Rose Bowl seats when Michael Jacksonperformed the halftime show for Super Bowl 27 in 1993. (CNN)

Panish showed the Rose Bowl chart defendants created and asked what's the maximum seating capacity in the Rose Bowl? Meglen: There are many factors that go into that "I believe the seating capacity for a football game is 100,000," Meglen said.
Panish: For a music concert?
Meglen: You'll need to tell me the size of the production in order to tell you (ABC7)

Meglen: U2 Concert was called 360, so I'm assuming it sold 360 degrees. Meglen said he was at the Rose Bowl but didn't watch the U2 concert. Panish asked if 97,000 people sounds right. Meglen: No, I'm not aware of that because I was not involved in the show Panish asked if Meglen was saying the Rose Bowl can't fit 97,000. "I'm not trying to tell you that, it depends on the size of the production. Michael was a stage end production," Meglen opined. Meglen: If you have a center stage, 360 in the round with a small stage in the middle, you could probably get 97,000, yes. Panish asked if Billboard Magazine was wrong about U2 having 97K people. "I told you I do not believe the numbers on Billboard" Meglen said. Panish showed picture of U2 concert at the Rose Bowl. Meglen said the floor is not completely filled up. Panish asked how many seats are in the Rose Bowl. Meglen said the stadium is around 100,000 people. (ABC7)

Panish: You told us yesterday you spoke with the promoters of U2. Who did you speak with?
Meglen: Jerry Barae -- he's in Chicago (ABC7)

Meglen: I never disputed what U2 sold at Rose Bowl. I cannot tell you how much are paid tickets, how much are what we call 'paper ticket' VooDoo Lounge, 180-200 degrees, you can sell 60,000 seats, Meglen said. Panish asked if Meglen spoke with someone promoting the U2 concert at the Rose Bowl and that there were only 60,000 people there. Meglen said that was not true. (ABC7)

Panish: If you testified to that it is a lie, then?
Meglen: I don't believe that's what I testified to

"I said that I don't believe it," Meglen said, "and I still believe that's not true. My answer said it is not true they had 97,000." Meglen: When I talk about ticket sales, we talk about paid tickets. We don't really care about people who don't pay tickets. "No one from U2's group told me that 97,000 people did not attend the Rose Bowl," Meglen said. Meglen explained he based his opinion on his experience promoting and producing stadium shows for 35 years. (ABC7)

He said he doesn’t believe the 97k figure was for paid attendance, which is what matters to him and what he was referring to. Panish
showed Meglen a photo from the U2 show. Fans were packed in the stands and hundreds were on the field. Meglen pointed out that the U2 show had a 360-degree stage that allowed them to sell tickets throughout the entire Rose Bowl. He said Michael Jackson’s stage for the “This Is It” show was different, an “end stage” setup that wouldn't allow as many concertgoers. Meglen conceded that you could probably fit 97k people in the Rose Bowl with the right stage, but they might not have all bought tickets. (AP)

Meglen smiled at Panish.
Panish: Is it funny Mr. Meglen?
Judge: Mr. Panish, don't argue -- she shook her head (ABC7)

Meglen said he's been working with Gongaware for 35 years. Panish asked if Meglen agrees with Gongaware that the sale of MJ's tickets was the fastest ever in the industry. Meglen: I don't think I agree with that statement, but I think that's what Paul thought.
Panish: Do you agree or disagree this is the most amazing ticket sales Mr. Gongaware has ever seen?
Meglen: I agree that's the most that Paul had seen (ABC7)

Meglen said he has done tours for 35 years, probably hundreds of tours.(ABC7)

The lawyer asked about Paul Gongaware’s contention that he had never seen anything like the “This Is It” ticket demand. Panish wanted to know why Meglen didn't agree with Gongaware's characterization of the "This Is It" ticket sales. Meglen: “Paul and I have worked on different projects in our lives.” He said he couldn't give the lawyer a simple yes or no answer. Panish asked whether Meglen was denying that Jackson had “huge ticket drawing power.” Meglen responded, “Not at all.” (AP)

Panish: Do you agree with Randy Phillips, the CEO of AEG, believe Mr. Jackson had an obligation to attend rehearsal? Meglen: I don't know the context of which this question was asked. You are asking me to opine on what Randy was thinking. Meglen: I don't know if Michael had a contractual obligation. "Randy may have felt Michael was obligated, but don't know it was contractually obligated," Meglen said. Meglen: I agree that an artist should go to some of the rehearsals, yes (ABC7)

Panish asked Meglen a bit about the AEG corporate structure. Meglen reports to the CEO of AEG Inc., he said. Panish again asked Meglen about his contention from yesterday that there were bigger stars than Michael Jackson. Panish's questioning focused on AEG execs Paul Gongaware and Randy Phillips saying there was no one bigger than Jackson. The lawyer then asked Meglen whether he agreed with AEG Live CEO that Michael Jackson was bigger than Celine Dion. Meglen works directly with Dion and her tours in North America. It took him a few tries before he answered the question. He said he doesn’t believe that Phillips’ statement is true, but it was a personal opinion. “To me, she’s bigger,” Meglen said. (AP)

Panish: Do you agree with Randy Phillips that MJ was a bigger artist than Celine Dion, yes or no?
Meglen: I do, myself, personally believe that that is not true
"In my opinion Celine is right up there with Michael Jackson and is bigger," Meglen said. (ABC7)

Meglen and Panish went back-and-forth for several minutes over when AEG’s negotiations began with Jackson in 2008. Meglen didn’t remember the time frame, so Panish played his deposition in which he said the negotiations started in Fall of 2008. Panish then asked whether Meglen was personally involved in the negotiations. He said he wasn’t at the negotiating table. It took a long time and several questions to establish that Meglen was briefed about negotiations during meetings with other AEG Live execs. Meglen didn’t review the actual contracts for the “This Is It” shows, but said he had input on ticket prices, other issues. (AP)

Panish played Meglen's deposition, where he was asked when he recalled the negotiations with MJ started. Meglen said Summer or Fall 2008. Panish: Is that the truth or not, sir? Or you don't know the truth? Meglen: It's the truth, but I'm not good with dates, need to look at my calendar. (ABC7)

Meglen said he was not at the table during the negotiation, he would be at the office doing his work. Meglen: I was not personally involved, face to face, with MJ's people Meglen said that the negotiation is not only the contract, but various internal conversations about the tour. "As CEO of Concerts West, it's my job to review any negotiations people are having regarding tour," Meglen said. Meglen explained he was involved in the internal discussions, in conversations with Gongaware and Phillips. He never reviewed the contract as was being drafted, Meglen said. (ABC7)

Meglen said he was not involved in "This Is It" movie. Panish said he was credited as co-producer of the movie. Meglen said he was a co-producer of the show not the movie. Meglen explained Gongaware has not been involved in Celine Dion's tour, but they give each other credit. (ABC7)

The exec said he gave input in ticket prices, scaling and places to have the show. Panish played video deposition, where Meglen said he doesn't recall if he was involved in the forecast for MJ tour. Timm Wooley is friends of Meglen. They haven't discussed the trial. The last time they saw each other was in London for Rolling Stones show. Wooley doesn't work for AEG, but to Rolling Stones now. Hougdahl "Bugzee" is working for Shania Twain. Panish showed an email from Gongaware about MJ first draft of worldwide tour projection. It lists "net to Mikey $132 million." Email: It's a big number, but this is not a number MJ will want to hear. He thinks he is so much bigger than that. If we use show income, it's over a quarter of a billion dollars. His net share works out to be 50% after local venue and advertising costs, which is quite good. His gross will approach $ half a billion. Maybe gross is a better number to throw around, if we need to use numbers with Mikey listening.
Panish: Isn't Paul Gongaware suggesting to lie to Michael Jackson?
Meglen: No he is not (ABC7)

Panish asked Meglen is he knows Dr. Finkelstein. He said he asked which tour he was in with Michael Jackson. Meglen said he saw Dr. Finkelstein at the Coachella festival. He got tickets from AEG. (ABC7)

Meglen spoke with Gongaware about previous MJ's tour. He knows that Michael canceled a tour because MJ entered rehab. (ABc7)

After a brief break, Panish showed Meglen the AEG projections for a worldwide tour for Jackson that were displayed last week. Panish went through the list, showing that AEG had plotted out potential shows in Europe, South Africa and other locations. The lawyer pointed to several shows planned for India and his contention that big artists didn’t perform in India. Panish then rattled off several acts who peformed in India: Beyonce, Akon, Shakira, 50 Cent. Meglen didn’t dispute they performed there. “It’s not a very big market, that I do know,” Meglen said of the India concert scene. A dispute over India’s population ensued. Panish at one point said that there were billions of people in Mumbai alone, prompting several attorneys and the judge to chime in. Panish conceded the billions of people in Mumbai remark wasn't right and moved on to other topics. (AP)

Panish showed email Gongaware sent with the attachment of the worldwide MJ tour and cc'd to Meglen. It lists cities, the amount of shows and weeks in Europe, South Africa, Asia (and Middle East), India and US.
Panish: You told us yesterday no one goes to India
Meglen: Not that many do. Again, I told you very few people, no one as in few people
Meglen said he thinks MJ did one or two shows in India.
Panish: Is Beyonce no one?
Meglen: No, she's a very popular
Panish: Do you know she went to India?
Meglen: I have not idea
Panish also named Shakira, Akon, 50 Cent that went to India. The email projection shows 3 shows in India plus one private for MJ. (ABC7)

He next asked Meglen about Phillips’ contention in an email that Jackson could have sold out 200 shows in London. Meglen said he didn’t agree and that he didn’t believe that Jackson could have done 200 shows in London. Asked if Phillips’ statement in the email was a false one, Meglen said yes. He added that no one in the business has a “crystal ball.” He said Phillips may have believed that was true, but he didn't believe Jackson could have done 200 shows in London. Panish asked some questions about how many tickets people could buy for the “This Is It” shows. Meglen said he didn’t know. Meglen and Panish went back-and-forth about it for a few questions, then the judge called a sidebar. (AP)

Meglin also disagreed with what one of his superiors, AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips, wrote in an e-mail that there was enough demand in England alone to sell out more that 200 Jackson shows. "He believed that," Meglin testified. "I don't believe that." (CNN)

Meglen said he does not believe MJ could sell 200 shows in London. Panish said Randy Phillips said that. "My opinion is no, that he he could not have done 200 shows in London," Meglen testified. Panish showed an email from Phillips saying "We could have done 200+ shows based on demand." Meglen said he does not believe that is true. "He believed that, I don't believe that." "No one has a crystal ball in our business," Meglen said. "He could've done 200 shows is purely speculation on his behalf." Panish asked if Phillips was more hands on than he was in "This Is It" tour. He said yes. “I don't know if I agree there were 525,000 people in the queue," Meglan opined. "Everybody exaggerates, and when something is hot everyone wants to take it to the moon," Meglen said. Panish asked Meglen to assume Randy Phillips told the truth. "I know it's a big assumption," Panish said. Defendants' attorney objected, judge sustained it and asked to go to sidebar to talk to attorneys. Attorneys went to judge's chamber and talked for about 10 minutes. They came back and judge broke session for lunch. (ABC7)

Panish corrected himself about number of people living in India. Earlier he said several billion people live there, but should be millions. "I understand you are mistaken," Meglen said. "It doesn't mean you are a liar." Panish said he would not respond to Meglen's comment. (ABC7)

Regarding India, Meglen explained: "I don't think it's a small market, I think it's an under developed market." Meglen said he knows that Michael played in India, heard from Panish that Beyonce went to India. (ABC7)

Panish: When you testified yesterday, you didn't know anyone that had gone to India, correct?
Meglen: No, that's not correct (ABC7)

Panish: Are there a lot of stadiums in the world that hold more than 60,000?
Meglen: Yes, there are a lot of soccer stadiums in the world
Panish: In Australia?
Meglen: Yes (ABC7)

Meglen said he does not recall how many times MJ sold out in London.(ABC7)

Leonard Cohen -- AEG promoted and produced worldwide tour, Meglen said.
Panish: Did you hire a doctor for Leonard Cohen?
Meglen: We do not hire doctors (ABC7)

Panish asked if Meglen has had experience where the CEO is involved in doing an intervention with an artist. Meglen said he's aware of it happening before in the early 80s, not at AEG. He was involved minimally in the intervention. (ABC7)

Meglen said he has not had emails from show managers at AEG saying the artist was deteriorating. "I've had situation where the production manager had emails about the artist's behavior," Meglen testified. "I've had situations where artists had been sick before, yes," Meglen said. Panish: Have you ever called the doctor for 30 minutes to discuss the artist's condition? Meglen: No (ABC7)
Panish asked if Meglen had ever seen an email saying AEG wanted to remind the doctor they are paying the bill. The exec said no. (ABC7)

Meglen: I'm aware of us checking people out. "We don't hire doctors, if the artist wants his doctor there, the way we check that out we go to the artist," Meglen said. "If I'm asking the artist if that's his doctor, that's throughly checking him out," Meglen explained. (ABc7)

Meglen: I asked MJ if he was performing this and he told me he did not want to do (a residency show in Las Vegas). "I think MJ would have to do over 2.5 shows a week or you couldn't have such a deal," Meglen said. (ABC7)

AEG redirect

In re-direct, Jessica Bina asked about the proposal for the Las Vegas show in 2010 with MJ's Estate. "There are numbers for per week, per year for the first 5 performance years, then next 5 performance years," Meglen explained. Meglen said he became aware Cirque du Soleil was anxious to get a deal done with the Estate to have a MJ show. Meglen said his argument was that there was something better to do. (ABC7)

Meglen: We don't have a crystal ball (on whether show would be successful or not). (ABC7)

Bina asked if artist is in the middle of stadium w/ microphone if there are reasons the show couldn't be filled to capacity. Meglan said no. Bina: But does it happen very often? Meglen: No. Meglen: Artist has to be comfortable with all around stage, production becomes very challenging and incredibly expensive as well as sales. "This Is It" was not set to be a 360 degree show, Meglen said. He noted it was quite the opposite. MJ's production was $26-$27 million. Meglen said for TII to become 360 degree tour, there would be cost associated with it. "Pretty much, it would have to be a new production." Meglen explained 180-240 degrees in front of the stage is the standard in the business. Meglen said if he could sell more tickets for TII he would have. "It's nothing but profit at that point." The executive said there was never a conversation about making TII show 360 degree. (ABC7)

Meglen said again he doesn't agree with Phillips' opinion that there were 200+ more shows to be done in London. Meglen said putting 13 million tickets on sale was not on his mind. He expected the London shows to do well. The executive said when MJ said "This is It" people thought that was it. But if he went to other cities, this was not it after all. Meglen said that at the time MJ died there were only 50 shows agreed upon between MJ and AEG. Meglen said that for lower ticket price TII was a great sale. (ABC7)

Jackson recross

Panish: Were Paul Gongaware and Randy Phillips more involved in TII than you?
Meglen: Yes (ABC7)

The executive said he never told Gongaware and Phillips the projection was bad, only that he thought it was a long ways to get to the end. (ABC7)

AEG redirect

Meglen said Beatles' "Love" and Cirque du Soleil "O" are two of the most successful conceptional shows. (ABC7)

Bina showed Gongaware's email again: Here's the first-draft look at a worldwide tour... you can't pin this down now... too many variables. (ABC7)

Meglen said it's not possible to see the Beatles anymore, since some members are dead. Meglen: If Michael was still alive and touring, I would not be interested in doing a MJ conceptional show. (ABC7)

Jackson recross

Panish asked if MJ wanted to go worldwide, AEG would've been able to make that happen. Meglen said he could've set up the arrangements. "I cannot tell you how many more Michael Jackson tours he could've done it, it's pure speculation," Meglen said.
Panish: Did you know MJ told his children they would go on a world tour?
Meglen: I have no idea (ABC7)

Meglen was excused.

Dr. Alimorad Farshchian Video Deposition

Deposition was in August 2012. Marvin Putnam did the questioning. Dr. Farshchian went to Rutger's University, graduated in 1983 with pre-med. He went to medical school in Saint Lucia in 1987. After that he did cardiac research at SUNY in Brooklyn. He did that for 3-4 years. He then did residency in internal medicine and family medicine, went to private practice. Dr. Farshchian is not board certified. Center for Regenerative Medicine is his practice in Florida. He's the medical director. (ABC7)

Dr. Farshchian treated MJ in April 2001 and stopped in 2003. 'I was one of his doctors," he said. Dr. Farshchian said MJ was having an issue with his ankle, he was supposed to performed at Madison Square Garden, had to rehearse. Dr. Farshchian: And he had an ankle issue that was more like a sprained ankle that was not healing and he had to continue to dance on it. "He made an appointment like everybody else," Dr. Farshchian said. (ABC7)

Putnam asked if MJ wanted to get off drugs, if that happened at the hotel in a second meeting with the doctor. He said yes. Putnam: Do you remember the first time he told you he wanted to clean himself up from drugs? "He was trying to get off Demerol," Dr. Farshchian said. MJ told him he had a problem with the drug. Dr. Farshchian said MJ's main concern was his kids, always his kids, I'd do for my kids, and to spend more time with his kids. (ABC7)

At that time, Dr. Farshchian said he wasn't following MJ on the media. At that point, to me he was just a regular patient. Dr Farshchian: When I got to know him I visited him at the hotel, read a little about him on the internet, then realized was ongoing problem (ABc7)

Putnam: Did MJ tell you he was addicted to Demerol?
Dr. Farshchian: Not in certain words
Putnam: Did he seek treatment with you?
Dr. Farshchian: Eventually (ABC7)

Dr. Farshchian: To treat Michael for that problem, I thought that because he travelled quite a bit he needed something to be on him. I chose Naltrexone, Dr. Fashchian testified. The drug inhibits the effects of the narcotics, if you take it it stops giving you the euphoria. Dr. Farshchian said he implanted more than one patch of the drug in MJ. It normally lasts 60-90 days in the body. MJ had patch implanted 5 times. Dr. Farshchian said in training in family medicine, he learned about psychiatry and drug dependency. Dr. Farshchian: The implant, back then it was more popular, not doing as much anymore. The doctor said carrying an implant in you, you carry a risk of infection. That could be a reason they don't do it that much. Dr. Farshchian said MJ's skin would have allergy from the patch, he wouldn't be very comfortable with it. Dr. Farshchian: It's usually placed in the abdomen lower than belly button, right or left side, and removed after 90 days. (ABC7)

Medical record timeline (ABC7)

21 Jul 02 -- sent more information about Buprenex, since did not get any respond (sic) from him and attempt to intervene.

Jackson had some sort of infection on his leg, he was going to Germany at the time, so Dr Farshchian went with him for treatment of his condition

20 Oct 02 -- patient states he need some help him with his addiction problem. He does not wish to go to an outpatient rehab facility despite the pressure from family. Discussed with him option of Naltrexone.

Dr. Farshchian said Jackson was adamant about not going to rehab facility. He was concerned about his privacy and paparazzi.

04 Nov 02 -- Jackson's weight was 128 -- pre-procedure, cut the skin, insert implant chip of Naltrexone.

Dr. Farshchian used local anesthesia with lidocaine 1%, done as outpatient in doctor's office in Miami.

06 Nov 02 -- phone call, states he's doing well tolerating minimum agitation, little insomnia

Dr. Farshchian said it was a 10 hour production to go from Neverland to Miami. Jackson said he was going to see a psychologist. "Jackson was very private with everything," Dr. Farshchian said. At the time, he was complaining of insomnia. He was seeing a herbologist for it. Dr. Farshchian said Jackson always had trouble sleeping. "To me his insomnia was caused, possibly, you have this area inside the nose...called turbinates, if you reduced it's called empty nose syndrome, to me that was the cause of that. Putnam asked if parts of Jackson’s nose were missing? Dr. Farshchian’s response, “ Portions of his nose were taken out. (Jurors heard from Farschian that Jackson suffered from insomnia years earlier. The doctor's theory is that it was linked to cosmetic surgery: a key part of Jacksons nose was missing. "It is possible that you produce what they call empty nose syndrome and producing insomnia," said Farschian.)

Two days later, Jackson reported good nights.”

26 Nov 02 -- ankle wound is better, but he had taken the implant out by a physician at home, wishes to do another implant

Dr. Farshchian said Michael had a local doctor who didn't know what the patch was and removed it. Jackson would itch it, had some skin rash. Michael really wanted to do this, he came back to get the procedure done, Dr. Farshchian said.

26 Nov 02 -- second procedure of Naltrexone

27 Nov 02 -- no nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Abdomen implant well placed Naltrexone implant: continue current treatment, patient sober x 20 days

29 Nov 02 -- feels very good, sleeping well. No sign of opiate withdrawal.

Dr. Farshchian: My practice is completely orthopedic regeneration. He said he treats arthritis and orthopedic conditions.

02 Dec 02 -- feels very good, sleeping well Patient sober, now going over the 12 steps with him

Dr. Farshchian: Each of the steps is somewhat connected of asking God to help you get strength to battle addiction. There was a period of time Jackson stayed with Dr. Farshchian, he stayed over two times, the children one time. The doctor lives in North Miami Beach, Bay Harbor Island. Grace Rwamba might've stayed at the house as well. Dr. Farshchian said he converted his garage into a bedroom for Jackson. He never treated Jackson at the house.

04 Dec 02 -- Narcan implant at its place Exercised the 12 steps with him

20 Jan 03 -- patient returns for another implant, been sober for more than 2 months, states been following the 12 step program Weight: 135 lbs

03 Apr 03 -- patient returns for another implant, sober for almost 6 months following 12 step program at least once a week with private social worker

02 Jul 03 -- patient returned for another implant, sober for almost 9 months, good with 12 step program

Patient can follow up with local physician at this point. Dr. Farshchian said he thought it was enough, the treatment was done.

(About the plaintiffs claim that Jackson was emaciated, the autopsy recorded he was 136 pounds when he died. Farschian testified that Jackson weighed 128 when he treated him.)

The next time Dr. Farshchian saw Michael was the weekend after he was arrested.
Putnam: How was he doing?
Dr. Farshchian: Not too good
Putnam: Was he using drugs again?
Dr. Farshchian: No (ABC7)

Dr. Farshchian: There was an attempt intervention by the family but MJ was very difficult to get to, bodyguard, so it may not have happened. Putnam asked if the intervention was in the Spring of 2002. Dr. Farshchian said it might've been after or before, not sure. (ABC7)

Dr. Farshchian is not aware of MJ doing any other outpatient treatment. (ABC7)

Dr. Farshchian said when MJ's third child, Blanket, was just born, there was 'a monkey on his back', he didn't want to do it anymore. "Monkey on his back" was Demerol use, Dr. Farshchian said. Dr. Farshchian said he didn't know why MJ became addicted or started taking Demerol. The doctor said MJ did not abuse other drugs or alcohol. (ABC7)

MJ was seeing other doctors in CA.
List of other doctors:
Dr. William Van Valin -- Dr. Farshchian doesn't know him
Dr. Murray -- Dr. Farshchian doesn't know him
Dr. Arnold Klein -- yes, I heard about him through the media
Dr. Steven Hoefflin -- Dr. Farshchian doesn't know him
Dr. Metzger-- yes, heard being MJ's physician in LA, might have spoken to him. Spoke about implants, what to do about it, how he should look (ABC7)

Last time Dr. Farshchian spoke with Mrs. Jackson was at the funeral. Before he spoke with her at a 2002 Christmas at Neverland. He said he also had a phone call with Mrs. Jackson where she wanted to know about the implants. Michael called Mrs. Jackson and Dr. Farshchian said he was treating MJ for addiction to Demerol. (ABC7) The doctor said he talked to her directly about the singer's detox treatment."I think she wanted to know all about it, what was going on," said Farschian. (ABC)

Last time he spoke with MJ on the phone was in the Winter of 2004. His first impression was that he wanted to get better for the kids' sake. (ABC7)

Did you understand Mrs. Jackson was concerned about his health? Dr. Farshchian: Yes, I don't recall the conversation, but once she understood the procedure he said she was happy Dr. Farshchian: Once at Neverland Michael showed his mother the implant. She was very happy about it. (ABC7) The doctor said he implanted Jackson five times over nine months and that he personally witnessed Mrs. Jackson examining her son's incision. "I remember that was in Neverland. Michael did show the implant to his mother. Just his mother was there. She was very happy," said Farschian. (ABC)

melden

27.07.2013 um 09:53
@Sylvina
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:ich finde es richtig widerlich, daß Michaels Krankengeschichte voll ausgebreitt wird. Wer will so etwas schon!!!
Michael war darauf bedacht, daß niemand so private Dinge erfährt und jetzt gilt das nicht mehr.
Na und die Debbie wird dann nächste Woche noch eins drauflegen, obwohl ich mir sicher bin, daß sie Michael nicht schaden wollte oder will. Sie will den Klein rankriegen!!!
und das braucht man alles, um Entscheidungen treffen zu können, ob Murray von AEG Live oder doch MJ eingestellt worden ist ... aber auch, um die Höhe der Schadensersatzansprüche festzusetzen, die die Jacksons fordern ...
die haben schon "eigenartige Gesetze" im Land, der unbegrenzten Möglichkeiten ...
in Deutschland gilt grundsätzlich erstmal:
Die ärztliche Schweigepflicht geht soweit, dass sie selbst über den Tod des Patienten hinaus besteht und selbst gegenüber Verwandten und behördlichen Institutionen wie beispielsweise Gerichten aufrechterhalten werden muss.
http://www.juraforum.de/lexikon/aerztliche-schweigepflicht

ja, da bin ich gespannt, was Debbie nächste Woche tatsächlich aussagen wird .... :D
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Außerdem möchte ich fast wetten, daß der Murray seine Aufnahmen veröffentlicht, vielleicht schon bald, dann wieder mit der Entschuldigung, daß seine Freundin Geld braucht, um die Miete zu bezahlen. Ich glaube auch, daß er dafür schon genügend Abnehmer hätte, auch gegen gute Bezahlung.
So ein "toller" Arzt.
ja, das könnte ich mir auch vorstellen ... der Höchstbietende wird die Aufnahmen bekommen ...
Murray "heizt" doch schon wieder kräftig an, dass er mehr weiß, als andere ... sogar mehr als die eigene Familie von MJ weiß, denn es sollen ja "Geheimnisse" sein, die insbesondere die Jacksons betreffen ... ja, ein "toller" Arzt ...

1x zitiertmelden

27.07.2013 um 10:19
na, was wäre denn nun daran so schlimm, wenn MJ schwul oder bisexuell gewesen wäre ???
muß sich dieser Scott Thorson nach so vielen Jahren wichtig tun ... na ja, er braucht wohl unbedingt PR ... :D
na vielleicht hat Murray auch geheime "Aufnahmen" zur sexuellen Orientierung MJ's ...
na im "verlogenen und prüden" Amerika wäre es genau DAS, was evtl., die "neue Welt" erschüttern würde ... neeee, Toleranz ist oft noch ein Fremdwort in den USA ... leider aber bei uns auch ... :)

Michael Jackson's 'gay fling’

Liberace's ex Scott Thorson claims he bedded star

By ANDY HALLS, Showbiz Reporter
Published: 4 hrs ago

LIBERACE’S ex-lover has claimed to have had a gay fling with Michael Jackson.

Race M 1772561a

Scott Thorson, 54 — whose life with the pianist was turned into film Behind The Candelabra — said he began bedding Jacko in 1982 after he and Liberace split.

He said: “I was introduced to Michael Jackson through Liberace back in 1977 and we had a fantastic relationship.

“When we broke up in 1982, Michael swept me off my feet and said, ‘Hey, I’m breaking away from the Jackson 5. I’m going solo’. This is when the Thriller tour started. Michael swept me off my feet.”

Asked on Aussie radio if they were lovers, Scott replied: “Yes, for a short term.

“It was short term because Michael became very big at the time and his management team thought it best that we didn’t go any further with our relationship.”

He claimed they were wary of his court battle for a £73million payoff from Liberace — who died in 1987 aged 67. The case was eventually settled for just £60,000.

Scott — currently on US probation for identity theft — said he and Jacko stayed pals until the star, 50, died in 2009 from a drugs overdose.

He added: “It was very sad. But it just goes to show what these plastic surgeons can do to you — or any doctor for that matter.

“Michael started his drug addiction because of the plastic surgeons.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/5036605/michael-jackson-gay-fling-liberace-lover.html (Archiv-Version vom 30.07.2013)

melden

27.07.2013 um 10:25

Michael Jackson Accuser
I Can Help Victims
Of Child Sex Abuse

7/27/2013 12:30 AM PDT

0726-wade-robson-tmz-3

Wade Robson -- the choreographer who claims Michael Jackson molested him -- is launching his own foundation to help child sex abuse victims through new age healing ... TMZ has learned.

Robson founded a non-profit organization called "Hearts in Our Hands" on July 1 -- registering a domain name and a Facebook page.

A rep for Robson tells us all the required legal docs haven't been filed yet -- but the group will be dedicated to preventing abuse ... and will take a holistic approach to treating victims.

Translation: a whole lotta meditation and yoga.

A source close to Wade says the choreographer's gotten deep into yoga himself lately -- and now wants to quit professional dancing forever.

As TMZ previously reported ... Wade is suing MJ's Estate, claiming he was sexually molested by Jackson from the age of 7 to 14.

The Jackson Estate and several family members have dismissed Wade's claims as little more than a money grab.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/27/wade-robson-charity-sexual-abuse-victims/

melden

27.07.2013 um 10:28
Michael Jackson didn't want to end up like Elvis, doctor says

By Jeff Gottlieb
July 26, 2013, 12:16 p.m.

In a video played for jurors Friday, a Santa Barbara County doctor said the pop singer once told him he wanted to stop using pain medication because “I don’t want to end up like my father-in-law” Elvis Presley.

Dr. Scott Saunders said he treated Jackson from 1998 through 2003, his first contact coming when the singer asked if he made house calls. Saunders said he visited Jackson at Neverland Ranch and treated him for an upper respiratory infection.

Saunders' video deposition was played in court Friday during the ongoing wrongful-death case in which Jackson’s mother and his three children claim that entertainment giant AEG Live is complicit is Jackson’s 2009 death. Jackson died as he was preparing for the anticipated “This Is It” tour, which AEG Live was producing and bankrolling.

Saunders said he and Jackson eventually became friends.

“He was rather lonely and didn’t have anyone he could trust,” Saunders testified. And so he would call me and I would go over."

When Saunders would tell Jackson he had to go home to his family, the singer would try to persuade him to stay, the doctor said.

The doctor said Jackson told him “he had a very difficult childhood” and had never had an opportunity to be a child, though he did recount “running around hotels with Donny Osmond, that kind of thing.”

Jackson and his children would show up unannounced at the doctor's house in Solvang, Saunders testified. A driver would bring him, he said, and Jackson would just knock on the door.

"Were you surprised when he got there," Saunders was asked.

"Yes," he replied.

Jackson, he said, also gave the doctor's children an Xbox video game player as a Christmas present.

Presley, who was Jackson’s father-in-law, died of a heart attack in 1977.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-michael-jackson-elvis-presley-doctor-says-20130726,0,7401869.story

melden

27.07.2013 um 10:33
Michael Jackson had 'short life expectancy', consultant testifies

Friday, July 26, 2013
Miriam Hernandez

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=kabc&section=&mediaId=9186803&parentId=9186802&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=kabc&section=&mediaId=9186803&parentId=9186802&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A top executive for a consulting firm on Friday said Michael Jackson had a "short life expectancy" and it's doubtful his tour would have earned the kind of money claimed by the plaintiffs in the singer's wrongful death lawsuit.

Eric Briggs, a consultant who projects risks for entertainment media, testified that Jackson's life expectancy was very short and that the use of meds affected his long-term health. He said Jackson was taking drugs in very dangerous ways.

About the plaintiffs' projections of $1 billion from a 260-concert global tour, Briggs said with Jackson's history of concert cancellations, it wasn't likely he would complete 50 concerts.

Jackson attorney Brian Panish said Briggs is wrong.

"He's never produced a concert, he's never promoted a concert, he's never done a royalty audit, he's never worked for a record label," said Panish.

Briggs will be back to testify on Monday. Also next week, the defense says jurors may hear from Jackson's former wife, Debbie Rowe, Jackson's sister Rebbie and his brother Randy.

In the lawsuit, the singer's mother, Katherine Jackson, alleges that AEG officials failed to monitor Conrad Murray, the doctor who caused her son's death. The AEG defense says that Jackson put himself at risk.

Friday's court session began with one of Jackson's former doctors. Dr. Scott Saunders said in a video deposition that he treated the singer at his Neverland Ranch as many as 25 times between 1998 and 2003. He said the star wanted to end his Demerol dependency and worried about death.

"He said, 'I don't want to end up like my father-in-law&Elvis Presley,'" Saunders said.

He said Jackson did not talk to him about other doctors. Jurors heard testimony earlier that, in the same time period, Jackson was also seeing Dr. Alimorad Farschian for Demerol addiction. Farschian said he implanted Jackson with a chip that inhibits the high delivered by the drug. Saunders said Jackson didn't tell him about that.

Saunders says he worried. What if he injected Jackson with Demerol unaware that Jackson just got a shot from someone else?

"If it was too much too close together, he could have a bad reaction," said Saunders.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9186802 (Archiv-Version vom 02.08.2013)

melden

27.07.2013 um 10:38
Stay Away From My Kids: Debbie Rowe Threatens Man Who Claims To Be Paris Jackson’s Real Father

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 @ 15:44PM | By Alexis Tereszcuk

Debbie Rowe has recently reunited with her daughter Paris Jackson and is supporting her during her troubled times and while she usually stays out of the spotlight she has taken a stand against the man who says he is the real father of Michael Jackson’s daughter, beating down his claims.

Former child star Mark Lester revealed in a recent interview that he believes he is the father of Paris and Prince Jackson and that his close friend Michael never wanted Debbie to have a relationship with the children.

Lester started a vicious Twitter war with Debbie this week, writing to her: “Hi Debbie I think we need to talk for the good of Paris. We have strong family ties here it can only be for the best x.”

According to Showbiz411.com * http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/07/26/debbie-rowe-warns-oliver-star-mark-lester-stay-away-from-me-and-my-family * Debbie’s account was protected but she eventually opened her Tweets to the public to show what her responses were to Lester’s claims.

“Why don’t you go to hell,” was Debbie’s first response, and when Lester wrote “Why so aggressive? I come in peace,” and Debbie amped up her response and wrote to him: “BTW surprised your family speaks to you after all the crap you spew.”

The mother of Michael’s two older children made it clear to Lester that she wants nothing to do with him, writing: “Good for you stay away from me and my kids.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Debbie is considering moving to Los Angeles temporarily to be closer to her daughter during her treatment.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/paris-jackson-michael-mom-debbie-rowe-threatens-man-claims-real-father/

melden

27.07.2013 um 11:26
Debbie Rowe Warns “Oliver!” Star Mark Lester: “Stay Away From Me and My Kids”

07/26/13 9:19am Roger Friedman

Okay, now I’ve seen everything. Completely deluded “Oliver!” star Mark Lester and Michael Jackson ex wife Debbie Rowe are having a vicious war on Twitter. It looks like it started on July 24th when Lester, an osteopath and acupuncturist, began needling Rowe.

Convinced he’s the bio father of Paris, Rowe’s daughter, the child star now in his 50s, Tweeted her: “Hi Debbie I think we need to talk for the good of Paris. We have strong family ties here it can only be for the best x”

Hah! That set off the volatile Rowe and there’s been no looking back. Rowe’s response is protected. But Lester responds: “Why so aggressive?” And “I come in peace.” When Rowe again responds in a protected message, Lester baits her: “When the mother of my children deserted them there was only one parent. Sound familiar? I speak to my kids every day. Do you?”

He adds: “Their mother was into horses and dogs too. Sadly not into her own kids”
And that does it. Debbie comes out of protection:

showbiz411-25072013 zps906c98aa
showbiz411-25072013A zps05301539

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/07/26/debbie-rowe-warns-oliver-star-mark-lester-stay-away-from-me-and-my-family

melden

27.07.2013 um 11:35
Conrad Murray will be a free man in just THREE months after serving less than TWO YEARS for killing 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson

* Murray originally was sentenced to four years in prison, but is getting released early for good behavior and because of overcrowding in California's jails
* Murray this week threatened the Jackson family with releasing 'nuclear' information about Jackson's relationship with his family
* Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson a fatal dose of the powerful sedative Propofol

<small<By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 00:53 GMT, 27 July 2013 | UPDATED: 00:53 GMT, 27 July 2013 [/size]

The doctor found to be responsible for the death of pop icon Michael Jackson will be freed from jail in just three months - after serving less than two years following his 2011 involuntary manslaughter conviction for giving the 'King of Pop' a lethal dose of the powerful sedative propofol.

Conrad Murray is scheduled to be freed from the Los Angeles County Jail on October 28, after serving less than two years of a four-year sentence - and members of Jackson's family reportedly are livid.

Murray served his time in county jail - rather than state prison - due to overcrowding in the the California prison system.

'It is not right I will never be able to see my son again, while his mother can see him,' sources close to the Jackson family told the Daily Mirror.

The source went on to say the family - including his devastated children, Paris, 15, Prince, 16, Blanket, 11, and his 83-year-old mother, Katherine - feels Murray 'should serve his time for his crime.'

'Murray is the killer of Michael in their eyes. He cost them their son and father,' the source said, adding that 'for [Murray] to get out in two years is an insult. They still feel he should have been tried for murder.'

Murray was sentenced to four years for Jackson's death, but is expected to get time off from his sentence for good behavior.

'He has been a model inmate and the authorities have granted him an early release due to that good behaviour and the overcrowded California jail system,' a friend of the doctor's told the paper.

Murray reportedly has been serving his time in solitary confinement because of the high-profile nature of his case - and because the victim was a beloved figure in pop culture. Despite being in solitary confinement, Murray has both a television and a cell phone in his cell.

In addition to the reduced sentence, the Jackson family is enraged that Murray has refused to provide testimony in their wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live, which was promoting Jackson's 2009 'This Is It' tour.

The tour was pegged as Jackson's final tour. The family claims that the grueling rehearsal schedule - and AEG Live's negligence in hiring Murray - contributed to Jackson's death in June of 2009.

This week, Murray made headlines when he said that if he was forced to testify in the wrongful death case, he would reveal information about Jackson's relationship with his family that would be like a 'nuclear' bombshell. It's unclear to what he might be referring.

Murray says he wants nothing to do with the lawsuit because he fears he could be incriminated.

Murray is appealing his criminal conviction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2379603/Conrad-Murray-free-man-just-THREE-months-serving-TWO-YEARS-killing-King-Pop-Michael-Jackson.html

ähnlicher Bericht:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/michael-jacksons-killer-doctor-conrad-2094234

Anzeige

melden