Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail
melden

25.08.2015 um 02:32
Why now, of all times, spam uninteresting stuff when we're having a discussion over here?

1x zitiertmelden

@LucyDolphin
all is interessting

melden

@Dekujunge
Absolutely. not.

melden

25.08.2015 um 02:33
Immernoch interessanter als die Diskussion :troll:

melden
melden

25.08.2015 um 02:34
@Oberknecht17
That's what someone of substandard intelligence would say.

melden

25.08.2015 um 02:34
@LucyDolphin

We're not chosen by a god. We've come so far because of pure coincidence. Evolution is nothing but coincidence. For example, blue eyes. Humans with blue eyes exist only because there was a random mutation about 10,000 years ago. And all humans with blue eyes are more or less closely related to one another.
Anyway, there might not be a meaning of life. In the end, everything is pointless. That means, we have to give the meaning to ourselves. And for me it is scientific and technological progress.
Sooner or later we WILL be capable of interstellar travel and roam the stars. And free will or not, we have the ability to reason and decide for ourselves.
And like I said before, 99% that have ever lived on Earth are now extinct. Extinction happens all the time, it is just the way it is.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:Why now, of all times, spam uninteresting stuff when we're having a discussion over here?
They need that irrelevant crap because they cannot comprehend our level of intelligence. :trollbier:

melden
melden
melden
melden

25.08.2015 um 02:44
@El_Gato
:trollbier:

Yes, I'm well aware that we are not chosen by God, I just included that because it seems that a majority of people seem to believe just that, speaking for human intelligence :D

Giving a meaning to our lives seems like the plausible option, don't get me wrong, and I like it, but. I am a fan of scientifical and technological process but currently, in the state humankind is in right now, I don't think it is worth sacrificing this much possibly endangering our whole planet and a myriad of species living on it, even though that is not that likely. It's not worth taking that risk, in my opinion.

Reasoning and deciding for ourselves are still only a contribution to our "free will" which I don't ackowledge as existing. It is all pretty much predetermined by our brain; we are slaves to our own brain, ultimately having no control. We were formed to think and act like we do, in our society.

Extinction happens without human influence, at least it has before, but the recent mass extinction is much worse than every extinction before and primarily caused by mankind.
See Wikipedia: Holocene extinction .

melden
melden

25.08.2015 um 03:00
@LucyDolphin

You're a fan of human progress after all... See, humans aren't that bad. :P:
If it is worth the price or not, is debatable. I for one think, that is indeed worth it. Look at the years 2000 - 2014. In that time we made the same amount of progress the entire 20th century did. ANOTHER 20th century of progress will happen by 2021, only seven years. These intervals will be shorter and shorter as time goes by.
The 21st century will achieve 1,000 times the progress the 20th century did. And that's why I put our progress above everything else. Humans and their needs come first.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html

A very interesting article. Long, but you bet it is fucking interesting.

melden
melden

25.08.2015 um 03:14
@El_Gato
Well, I am a fan of science and technology, can't deny that. Just not a fan of humans in general and most human beings.

I will read that article later/tomorrow, I guess.

Since you didn't really answer to a big part of my arguments, I assume you are too tired or not interested to continue this discussion right now. I also am pretty bucking tired right now and will likely go to sleep soon, so let's either drop the discussion for now or continue later^^

One thing that still is on my mind: Even if we assumed that there was a "free will" for the simplicity of evaluating that one, of what exactly does this freedom of will consist? I mean we are ultimately bound to adapt to society. In reality, we have very little choices we can make and they mostly are pretty much irrelevant anyway. You can't just quit your job if you don't like it since you need the money and it is unsure whether you will be able to get another. You can't do anything deemed illegal by the authorities in your country. You can't really leave society since it is pretty much impossible to fully live on your own outside of the humanly civilized world. This list is endless, even if you have a "free will", you don't have too much of a choice.

melden

25.08.2015 um 03:15
@Oberknecht17
warum kann man einfach net aufhören dieses Spiel zu zocken?

melden

25.08.2015 um 03:18
@LucyDolphin

Yes, I am tired. But I will take my time to respond to your arguments properly tomorrow.

melden

25.08.2015 um 03:22
n8 gehe jetzt pennen oder erstmal was anderes machen...

melden

25.08.2015 um 06:13
Bitte was ? Middy ist weg ?
Wegen Deku ?
Na toll.

melden