Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

23.12.2014 um 20:54
@desparil

What happens if you do that?

melden
Nayst ehemaliges Mitglied

Link kopieren
Lesezeichen setzen

23.12.2014 um 20:54
@El_Gato
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/del.mspx?mfr=true (Archiv-Version vom 28.12.2014)

melden

23.12.2014 um 20:55
@El_Gato
The same as if you did sudo rm -rf /

melden

23.12.2014 um 20:55
@desparil

NOT gonna do that. :P:

melden

23.12.2014 um 20:58
@desparil

And at least only the Superuser/Admin can do that. Normal users don't have the necessary password while unter windows every single moron can create and delete files as they please.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:00
@El_Gato
Only if you failed to set an administrator password. That's pretty much your own fault at that point.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:01
@desparil

I'd never forget this. For the average user my laptop is a digital fortress.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:03
@El_Gato
Well that's the only difference - Windows doesn't actually REQUIRE you to set it up, it just asks you to but doesn't put up a fight if you really want to click the "Not Now" button. Otherwise, capital-A Administrator is pretty much the same as Superuser/Root.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:05
@desparil

And this is one of the major flaws of windows.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:07
@El_Gato
It's a feature, not a flaw. A lot of people don't want an administrator password - they would forget it, and then they'd be locked out of key functions of their device because there's no way to recover from that short of reinstalling the entire OS.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:09
@El_Gato
And again, if you're actually worried about that kind of thing, it doesn't lack the capability to set an administrator password - it just lets you say "Ask me later" in perpetuity, like the registration prompt for WinRAR. XD

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:14
@desparil

For some it might be a feature, but to me it is a flaw. I sure know why I don't do windows anymore. :trollking:

Youtube: Discord - Fine. But I don't do windows.
Discord - Fine. But I don't do windows.
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:15
@El_Gato
Facilitating laziness is a selling point. Why do you think everything is plug n' play nowadays? Back when I was a kid, you had to select the proper IRQ and DMA channels when you were installing a video game. You also had to know what kind of sound card you had because you had to pick it out on a menu so the game knew the right MIDI instrumentation to use. If the game was especially large, you needed to specially format a floppy disk as a "boot disk" - basically to manually do what modern OSes do with virtual memory/page files.

You think I miss those days? Hell no, because convenience is king!

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:17
@desparil

Back when you were a kid? Hell, my first machine ran on Win 98 and all I had to do was to choose an installation path.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:18
@El_Gato
My first machine was DOS-only. My second one was DOS-primary, with Windows 3.1 as a secondary OS (you couldn't boot directly to Windows back then).

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:19
@desparil

I got my first computer in 2000, when I was 11.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:20
@El_Gato
Windows 95 was HUGE precisely because it made things so much easier. It was just so convenient that everyone was 99.9% willing to forgive it of all its crashing.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:21
@desparil

Win 98 did that way too much as well. If I had to use Windows again nowadays then I would go for Windows 7.

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:23
@desparil

And I think it's a huge shame that they cancelled MSN. I liked that nice little messenger...

melden

23.12.2014 um 21:27
@El_Gato
Oh really? I never paid it much attention... everyone I knew used AIM in high school, and even that gradually faded away as Facebook became more and more popular.

melden