Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

29.08.2014 um 04:18
@El_Gato
Apropos, fried chicken and fried clams are some of my biggest weaknesses. XD

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:19
@desparil

Damn, they must be cloning Scootaloo somewhere and sell the clones to KFC. :troll:

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:21
@El_Gato

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:26
@El_Gato
I dunno why, but you're not the first to assume that. Before they met me, several people in my guild assumed I was gonna be some skinny nerd - more like what you actually are :trollking:

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:28
@desparil

Well, I'm not just skinny. I am VERY thin, leightweight and so on...
52 kg and 170 cm.

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:31
@El_Gato
Yeah, clinically speaking, you're actually underweight.

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:33
@desparil

Yeah, I know that. But I can't help it. No matter how much, how often or even if I don't eat as much as I should, my weight doesn't really change in neither direction.
If it does, then it is one or two kg. Oh, and I smoke.

melden
Nayst ehemaliges Mitglied

Link kopieren
Lesezeichen setzen

29.08.2014 um 04:35
@El_Gato
Schilddrüsenüberfunktion?

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:36
@El_Gato
Oh yeah, I'm not qualified to give medical advice or anything. I just know the cut-points because when doctors give me data, it's just like "here's a bunch of heights and weights, divide these into underweight, normal, overweight, and obese for analysis."

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:38
@Nayst

Wurde mir auch schon oft gesagt.

@desparil

You know, actually I want my body to stay they way it is. I can't possibly imagine myself being fat. I'd rather remain skinny for the rest of my life.

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:42
@El_Gato
Well, like I said, if you did want to change anything then it'd be advisable to consult a doctor first, since I'm not a doctor... but the majority of people who are your height would be healthiest in the 60-65 kg range.

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:42
@El_Gato
But honestly, the smoking will kill you a lot quicker than being slightly underweight. :troll:

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:43
@desparil

Well, I am healthy, as far as I can tell. Physically, at least.
And I wonder what kills faster, smoking or being THAT overweight. :troll:

melden
Nayst ehemaliges Mitglied

Link kopieren
Lesezeichen setzen

29.08.2014 um 04:44
Ich geh pennen. Gn8

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:50
@El_Gato
Being underweight doesn't directly lead to adverse events, but it's associated with a weaker immune system response to illness, and also with a higher chance of complications or death following major medical procedures (surgery, etc.)

Also, the answer is smoking, no two ways about it. On the plus side, if you decide to quit before any adverse effects manifest, most of the negative effects clear up within about a year. You still have elevated risk of cancer compared to someone who never smoked at all, but you can't have everything.

Studies are also coming out to show that being obese isn't nearly as harmful as was once supposed. A data set I'm working on actually showed that. I was skeptical at first, so I asked one of the doctors on the study and he sent me another study that had similar results. In any case, I've lost weight before, and I might decide to do it again someday. At the end of high school, I had dropped to about 90 kg, but college did a number of me, between the drinking, late night taco runs, and depression.

@Nayst
Nacht

melden

29.08.2014 um 04:57
@desparil

I suppose you have never smoked at all? If so, then you can't possibly comprehend what it means to quit smoking. I managed to quit and I lasted four months.
It is very, very hard to quit smoking and better yet, never starting it again.
It is about as addictive as cocaine or heroine, and that is the reason why tobacco corporations don't really need to advertise at all.
Here in Germany ads for cigarettes on TV or radio have been banned long ago and occasionally you can still see such ads on a wall.
But that didn't change the fact that people will get addicted to it with ads or not.
I mean, Walter White didn't need to advertise either, right? ;)

melden

29.08.2014 um 05:04
@El_Gato
I realize that. I've also analyzed data on smokers' quit and restart rates. With a solid support program and/or the patch, about 3/4 will quit, but most of them will start smoking again within 6 months. Cigarette ads have also been banned here since the '90s, BTW. All in all, it's working, at least in America. The percent of the population who smoke has been declining for decades.

smoking-stats

melden

29.08.2014 um 05:07
@desparil

I think that I would've actually made it, if my mother didn't start with it again.
But who am I to blame...? I didn't really put up a fight and yeah... Whatever. xD

melden

29.08.2014 um 05:09
@El_Gato
One of my friends' wife has been doing well with those e-cigarettes. You're not really kicking the addiction since you're still getting nicotine, but there's no smoke or tar, and it's cheaper per year if you're a heavy smoker.

melden

29.08.2014 um 05:12
@El_Gato
But yeah, a big part of the decline in smoking has also been that it's just not socially acceptable anymore. Pretty much all public buildings, restaurants, and bars disallow it.

melden