Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

20.08.2015 um 01:17
@LucyDolphin

Spoiled or not, she's a unicorn. And that makes her more powerful than any earth pony or pegasus by default.

melden

20.08.2015 um 01:19
@El_Gato
You and your stupid power as if that mattered in Equestria at all. Anyway, unicorns are not by default anymore powerful than the other two races. Your vision is merely clouded by your arrogance, that is all.

melden

20.08.2015 um 01:23
@LucyDolphin

No, it is not. Or why do you think that two very powerful entities, Celestia and Luna, who can control a friggin' STAR (which unicorns could do as well) are in charge? Right, because they're damn powerful.
And power DOES matter. Or they wouldn't have magic wielding villains like Starlight Glimmer who can cause A LOT of damage.

melden

20.08.2015 um 01:32
@El_Gato
First, Celestia and Luna are Alicorns who are vastly more powerful than mere unicorns or pegasi or earth ponies alone. Secondly, the sun is a star but the moon is not :trollking:
And thirdly, they are in charge to keep order in the realm but not to use such power for anything beside upholding this order and harmony among their people/ponies.

The only reason we haven't really seen pegasus or earth pony villains is because magic is a major theme in the series and it's really easy to come up with ideas concerning that. Also, Discord and Tirek for example aren't unicorns and still have pretty much equivalent power to Alicorns albeit different.

In addition, all major threats have been overcome by the mane 6 together combining their power disregarding any potential differences in power between them.

1x zitiertmelden

20.08.2015 um 01:42
@LucyDolphin

Sure, you could call Celestia and Luna benevolent, immortal dictators. But they cannot be trusted entirely, as Luna/Nightmare Moon have proven. And I excluded the moon because a being capable to control a star, sure has no problems to control a much, MUCH smaller celestial body such as the moon.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:The only reason we haven't really seen pegasus or earth pony villains is because magic is a major theme in the series and it's really easy to come up with ideas concerning that. Also, Discord and Tirek for example aren't unicorns and still have pretty much equivalent power to Alicorns albeit different.
But they still can actively use magic like unicorns. Pegasi and earth ponies, however, cannot. Their magic is passive like the ability of pegasi to walk on clouds. But aside that, they cannot do much which could be a major threat to Equestria.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:In addition, all major threats have been overcome by the mane 6 together combining their power disregarding any potential differences in power between them.
Because Twilight Sparkle, the element of magic, was leading them, telling them what the hell to do and the elements of harmony are just amplifiers for positive energy. Without the element of magic, which can naturally only be wielded by a unicorn, they're useless.

All the villians, unicorns or not, can actively cast spells.

But with "power" I don't necessarily mean destructive spells. Simple levitation, which any unicorn can cast once a certain age is reached, gives them power. It is a gift of immeasurable value.

1x zitiertmelden

20.08.2015 um 02:07
@El_Gato
Zitat von El_GatoEl_Gato schrieb:Sure, you could call Celestia and Luna benevolent, immortal dictators. But they cannot be trusted entirely, as Luna/Nightmare Moon have proven. And I excluded the moon because a being capable to control a star, sure has no problems to control a much, MUCH smaller celestial body such as the moon.
I wouldn't really consider Celestia and Luna to be a threat to the peace and harmony-filled life in Equestria; they are even actively ensuring the well-being of their subjects.
Luna has proven that there have been some issues in the past but since that is overcome I highly doubt that anything remotely close to that might happen in the near future.
But they still can actively use magic like unicorns. Pegasi and earth ponies, however, cannot. Their magic is passive like the ability of pegasi to walk on clouds. But aside that, they cannot do much which could be a major threat to Equestria.
I think comparing unicorns with superheroes with superpowers and earth ponies and pegasi with Batman is a pretty good comparison here.
Let me elaborate, unicorns may possess some naturally given powers that give them power in some form - however, that doesn't render earth ponies or pegasi powerless, given the power of imagination there could be countless abilities they could use to wreck havoc or stir up some chaos in Equestria.
I mean, look at the Rainbow Crash incident blowing up the Rainbow Factory for example. We can assume there is a far amount of basic technology in Equestria as well as chemicals to mess around with creating many possibilities for those not inherently gifted with magical powers.
Zitat von El_GatoEl_Gato schrieb:Because Twilight Sparkle, the element of magic, was leading them, telling them what the hell to do and the elements of harmony are just amplifiers for positive energy. Without the element of magic, which can naturally only be wielded by a unicorn, they're useless.

All the villians, unicorns or not, can actively cast spells.

But with "power" I don't necessarily mean destructive spells. Simple levitation, which any unicorn can cast once a certain age is reached, gives them power. It is a gift of immeasurable value.
Energy is the cue, because energy is something that is not bound to anything in particular, it can take many forms shapeshifting into anything really. This makes magic purely scientifical and possibly even producible. This is getting too abstract, I am aware of that :D

I already noted that all major villains are/were able to actively use magic but I think there are endless possibilities for villains that don't rely purely on magic or don't rely on magic at all.

I wouldn't really consider levitation of "small" objects as more powerful or useful than the ability to fly. After all, this comes down to a matter of personal preference, quite simply. You can't really argue that any of that is of more value than the other because it is solely subjective.

1x zitiertmelden

20.08.2015 um 02:20
Mal kurz so komplett unrelated zu der Dikussion, das ist doch sicher was für euch :trollsanta:

@El_Gato
@Middy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nv3MZYy_iI

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:24
@LucyDolphin
:3

melden
melden

20.08.2015 um 02:28
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:Luna has proven that there have been some issues in the past but since that is overcome I highly doubt that anything remotely close to that might happen in the near future.
Yes, I'll give you that.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:I mean, look at the Rainbow Crash incident blowing up the Rainbow Factory for example. We can assume there is a far amount of basic technology in Equestria as well as chemicals to mess around with creating many possibilities for those not inherently gifted with magical powers.
It's the WEATHER Factory, not the Rainbow Factory led by nazi pegasi. :P:

I didn't say that pegasi or earth ponies are entirely powerless. Pegasi for example could turn the weather into a quite fearsome weapon.

Let's come up with a scenario. A civil war between unicorns and pegasi. The pegasi would naturally hold aerial superiority and like I said, they could turn weather into a weapon. But unicorns would have quite an effective defense against that - shields. A single gifted unicorn like Shining Armor could raise a powerful shield, not the weak, pathetic one we have seen in A Canterlot Wedding. He couldn't do that because he was under control by Chrysalis and therefore weak. She drew so much love from him that she was even able to defeat Celestia.

Anyway, my point is that a Shining Armor not influenced by some bug queen could raise a very powerful shield and if necessary, he could be supported by other unicorns which would provide their magical power to amplify aforementioned shield. I imagine that pegasi would have a lot of trouble bringing that down.

And other on combat specialized unicorns could go out and blast them outta the sky with friggin' magic laser beams.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:Energy is the cue, because energy is something that is not bound to anything in particular, it can take many forms shapeshifting into anything really. This makes magic purely scientifical and possibly even producible. This is getting too abstract, I am aware of that
Yes, energy. Let me give you an example. A soviet astronomer came up with classifications of civilizations based on their usage of energy. Basically, the more energy a civilization can use, the more power it wields. So you could say that energy is power. And since unicorns can actively manipulate the magical energy in Equestria, it makes them much more powerful than the other two tribes.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:I already noted that all major villains are/were able to actively use magic but I think there are endless possibilities for villains that don't rely purely on magic or don't rely on magic at all.
Maybe, but we haven't seen a powerful villain who couldn't cast spells yet. And I highly doubt that we'll ever see one.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:I wouldn't really consider levitation of "small" objects as more powerful or useful than the ability to fly. After all, this comes down to a matter of personal preference, quite simply. You can't really argue that any of that is of more value than the other because it is solely subjective.
Well then, in my humble opinion the ability to cast spells is superior to flying because flying is only one abilty. Casting multiple spells, however, is like a magical swiss army knife. It is versatile, whereas flying is not.

And flying is just a means of getting from point A to B. As we have seen numerous times, Rarity can manipulate several objects at once with little effort. Levitation is powerful because it increases the reach of any given unicorn dramatically. Starlight was able to get hold of her stolen cutie marks from a great distance just before they hit the ground and be released.

1x zitiertmelden

20.08.2015 um 02:32
Hab vorhin nen Song bei Technobase.FM gehört, weiß den Namen aber nicht..
Ein Glück wenn man da DJs kennt. :D

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:45
unicorn privilege by plowplot-d89f2hxOriginal anzeigen (0,4 MB)

*scnr* :troll:

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:46

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:51
It's been 3 wonderful months since Tom and Boulder met. They live happily in the south field of the Rock Farm. They have a very active, unnatural sex life as well, adding to their happiness.

However, unbeknownst to Tom, Boulder has a stone-cold ex-lover who's going to make things rocky for the duo.

Will this abrasive new stone ruin their relationship? Does she have an Igneous plan to destroy their love? Or does she come with Gneiss intentions?

Whatever the case, somerock's stones are going to burst.
Auf was manche Leute kommen xD

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:52
@Oberknecht17
wtf

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:52
@Oberknecht17

Irrelevant garbage.

melden

20.08.2015 um 02:56
@El_Gato
Zitat von El_GatoEl_Gato schrieb:I didn't say that pegasi or earth ponies are entirely powerless. Pegasi for example could turn the weather into a quite fearsome weapon.

Let's come up with a scenario. A civil war between unicorns and pegasi. The pegasi would naturally hold aerial superiority and like I said, they could turn weather into a weapon. But unicorns would have quite an effective defense against that - shields. A single gifted unicorn like Shining Armor could raise a powerful shield, not the weak, pathetic one we have seen in A Canterlot Wedding. He couldn't do that because he was under control by Chrysalis and therefore weak. She drew so much love from him that she was even able to defeat Celestia.

Anyway, my point is that a Shining Armor not influenced by some bug queen could raise a very powerful shield and if necessary, he could be supported by other unicorns which would provide their magical power to amplify aforementioned shield. I imagine that pegasi would have a lot of trouble bringing that down.

And other on combat specialized unicorns could go out and blast them outta the sky with friggin' magic laser beams.
The whole problem with a civil war or a war between the different races in general would be pretty complicated since none of the three races alone are self-sufficient and would not be able to survive without one another. Such a large-scale war wouldn't be of interest for anyone really.
Pegasi could probably form weather-barriers that are impenetrable by (pony) magic but this is highly speculative anyway^^
Anyway, I was more thinking about a single specimen stirring up some trouble or something like that and not a civil war :D
Zitat von El_GatoEl_Gato schrieb:Yes, energy. Let me give you an example. A soviet astronomer came up with classifications of civilizations based on their usage of energy. Basically, the more energy a civilization can use, the more power it wields. So you could say that energy is power. And since unicorns can actively manipulate the magical energy in Equestria, it makes them much more powerful than the other two tribes.
In the Equestria portrayed to us, all 3 races seem to be more or less on the same level concerning their powers. Every race has specific strengths and weaknesses. If you'd look at the Equestrian empire like an (cometitve) game with it "classes" you would consider it balanced, I think.
Besides I was just including energy in a very abstract concept here suggesting the possibility of manipulating it or even producing magic (as a non-unicorn - that neologism^^). Equestria has shown that there are at least two-three options to mess with magic or render it completely unusable by unicorns; one being the poison joke, the other being the anti-magic barrier put up at the Euqestrian games. The third being Tirek who was able to absorb their magic - if you want to count that.
Therefore, it is implied that the possibility exists to annihilate the magic powers of unicorns.
Zitat von El_GatoEl_Gato schrieb:Maybe, but we haven't seen a powerful villain who couldn't cast spells yet. And I highly doubt that we'll ever see one.
Which is a little bit sad in my opinion but reasonable/understandable since magic plays a major part in the show. There is a vast amount of possibilities for that nontheless. I'll stay patient just like the good ol' Nyancat with his seaponies :trollking:
Zitat von El_GatoEl_Gato schrieb:Well then, in my humble opinion the ability to cast spells is superior to flying because flying is only one abilty. Casting multiple spells, however, is like a magical swiss army knife. It is versatile, whereas flying is not.

And flying is just a means of getting from point A to B. As we have seen numerous times, Rarity can manipulate several objects at once with little effort. Levitation is powerful because it increases the reach of any given unicorn dramatically. Starlight was able to get hold of her stolen cutie marks from a great distance just before they hit the ground and be released.
Like I said, it's pretty much pointless arguing over this since it comes down to personal preference. I don't consider levitation of several objects to be that important whilst flying can also serve as a passion followed by a strife to become better/the best at it, like Dashie.
Ultimately, it is hard to judge because neither of us knows how it is to have either ability which makes it difficult to evaluate them :P:

Anyway, I'll go to sleep soon after this so if you take your time to answer (even if it's simply for the sake of having the last word in this discussion which I know we both love, being both stubborn :troll: ), I will answer tomorrow if there is still anything left to further discuss which I don't really think ^w^

1x zitiertmelden

20.08.2015 um 03:00
Ich sag einfach jetzt mal gute Nacht an alle :3

melden

20.08.2015 um 03:03
@LucyDolphin
n8 <3

melden

20.08.2015 um 03:10
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:The whole problem with a civil war or a war between the different races in general would be pretty complicated since none of the three races alone are self-sufficient and would not be able to survive without one another. Such a large-scale war wouldn't be of interest for anyone really.
Pegasi could probably form weather-barriers that are impenetrable by (pony) magic but this is highly speculative anyway^^
Anyway, I was more thinking about a single specimen stirring up some trouble or something like that and not a civil war
The earthbound tribes alone would be enough to survive on their own. Without the pegasi, weather would just regulate itself like on Earth. And at least in one part of Equestria it DOES just that - in the Everfree Forest. So being left alone by pegasi, the weather would be a lot like here on Earth.
Earth ponies would produce food and do the manual labor, while unicorns do all the sophisticated shit.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:Equestria has shown that there are at least two-three options to mess with magic or render it completely unusable by unicorns; one being the poison joke, the other being the anti-magic barrier put up at the Euqestrian games. The third being Tirek who was able to absorb their magic - if you want to count that.
Therefore, it is implied that the possibility exists to annihilate the magic powers of unicorns.
Poison Joke affects ALL ponies, not only unicorns. And I'm quite sure the anti-magic barrier was put up by unicorns as well, if not the Princesses themselves. I doubt that pegasi or earth ponies could do that. And you can't say "annihilate", since that would imply death and destruction. Just cancelled out.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:Which is a little bit sad in my opinion but reasonable/understandable since magic plays a major part in the show. There is a vast amount of possibilities for that nontheless. I'll stay patient just like the good ol' Nyancat with his seaponies
And that is my whole point. In a world full of magic I would want to be a unicorn because of the vast amount of possibilites spellcasting gives you. And I would put all my effort to learn the teleportation spell. Teleportation is superior to flying because we can safely assume that it is as fast as the speed of light.

And for the matter of levitation, it has versatile uses.

60601 safe rarity animated magic badass Original anzeigen (1,5 MB)

Rarity intercepted Applejacks attack with very little effort and that is a very good counterattack. She turned the weapon of her opponent into one of her own. Not only that, she did it with grace and dignity.

1x zitiertmelden