English
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

Have you ever been to an English speaking Country?

98 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: USA, England, English ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

03.12.2013 um 17:54
@azerate
Well, maybe some day I´ll check it out. But like I said before, now I´m mostly in the Gulf region.

Anzeige
melden

03.12.2013 um 17:56
@onuba: good luck down there :)

melden

03.12.2013 um 18:00
@azerate
Thanks! I have to stay here probably until March 2014.

melden

16.12.2013 um 17:40
Next stop 2014, London. Any advice? Hints?

melden

16.12.2013 um 17:42
never been to an english speaking country. but who knows...one time... but i am kind of unimpressed about the anglo world but maybe i am wrong...

melden

16.12.2013 um 20:05
@Banana_Joe
Watch out for the foxes! Ive heard that there is a fox profusion in London, but dont ask me why...

melden

16.12.2013 um 20:16
@Bassmonster

Yep, I have also been to the USA. It was a long time ago, but all these memories are still very clear. Have some friends there in Alaska, Texas, Florida, New York, and some relatives, and I hope that I can visit them sometime soon. But my next aim would be Island. A dream come true. Or Schottland...

My dad is (Reisebegleiter) and has been all around the world, I`d like to do that also when I am older. He is supporting older people who like to see the world.

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:24
Oh, indeed. I have paid visits to the United Kingdom on multiple occasions. It is certainly a most cultivated and beautiful country and would be an immensely plesant place to live were it not for the rather disagreeable weather and the lackluster cuisine.

2x zitiertmelden

19.12.2013 um 21:26
Zitat von LordYorkshireLordYorkshire schrieb:rather disagreeable weather and the lackluster cuisine
What do they say in the Schöfferhofer Commercial? "you cant have evrything" *sing*

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:28
@Grymnir
A very true observation. It's still deplorable though.

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:33
@LordYorkshire
Come on, it doesnt matter. Every Country has its problems :)

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:36
@Grymnir
True, true. In comparision to certain other countries, Britain's problems are negligible.

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:37
@LordYorkshire
Thats right. Germany has several bigger problems ^^

Like... Bavarias.

1x zitiertmelden

19.12.2013 um 21:48
@Grymnir
Well, I can hardly impose my humble judgement on Germany since I currently take residence in Austria. However, Austria is not completely devoid of problems either.

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:51
@LordYorkshire
Oh, so i shouldnt make jokes about Bavarians, the Alp-Creatures, when you are around.

For me as a Saxon, everything far South of Rippachtal is Bavaria. Just like South Germans and Austrians say that everything above the Donau is Prussia...

But for me, Austrias Reputation is better then Bavarias.

melden

19.12.2013 um 21:54
@Grymnir
Oh yes, these stereotypes are alive and well. It can hardly be denied that they still wield a certain charm. But don't worry, I am not offended by jokes about Bavarians or Austrians, in fact, I find them quite enjoyable because in many cases they are quite trenchant.

melden

20.12.2013 um 00:06
Zitat von GrymnirGrymnir schrieb:Like... Bavarias
are they even germans? :D
Zitat von LordYorkshireLordYorkshire schrieb:Oh, indeed. I have paid visits to the United Kingdom on multiple occasions. It is certainly a most cultivated and beautiful country and would be an immensely plesant place to live were it not for the rather disagreeable weather and the lackluster cuisine
may i ask, why did you use that nick, is there any strong connection to yorkshire, fier example, do you support leeds united?

melden

20.12.2013 um 00:11
@azerate
No, my nickname on the one hand derives from my fondness for the United Kingdom in general, and on the other hand specifically from Yorkshire because I really enjoyed the English classic novel "Wuthering Heights", which is still one of my favorite pieces of literature and which takes place in Yorkshire.

melden

20.12.2013 um 00:14
@LordYorkshire:

did you ever consider, paying a visit to ireland? not much of a difference in the landscapes, and the food is...well...totally enjoyable as well ;)

melden

20.12.2013 um 00:17
@azerate
Ireland would indeed be one of my preferred destinations for any future trips. However, as a student, money is always scarce, so I'll have to save up some cash before I can make my next trip. Is Ireland expensive?

Anzeige

melden