Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

16.01.2015 um 20:29
@Schnitzeldroid
Schnitzel, bist du da ?

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:34
@desparil

Yeah and that's why you're sitting on a giant pile of debt. After all, war is expensive as hell.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:39
@El_Gato
This isn't a country competition, I didn't say we're better than you because of it. All I was saying is that you can't just blithely explain everything as "greedy Americans only care about money." Or more specifically, that Nyancat is over-simplifying a lot when he just assumes that the US would abandon Europe to its fate in a third world war.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:40
@El_Gato
I mean, we've bailed them out of a sticky situation twice before, it seems like historical patterns say the opposite of what Nyan thinks. :P:

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:41
@desparil

I wasn't going to turn this into a Europe vs. USA discussion. I was just stating a fact and nothing more. And I highly doubt that the US would abandon us in case of WW3. Europe is their most important ally, after all.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:43
@El_Gato
Well you jumped in and agreed with him about the US only going to war when there's something to gain, so even if you didn't agree with his view, you were supporting his argument.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:45
@desparil

Well, there is something to gain by supporting Europe in a war. We're not some shitty country like the Kosovo, we have knowledge, we have a shitload to trade with the US.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:46
@desparil

And I simply didn't knew that the US had nothing to gain in the first gulf war. As for Vietnam, they also wanted to stop the vietnamese communists.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:53
@El_Gato
They weren't actually communists to begin with. They just wanted independence from France. It's just that communists were the only ones who were willing to help them, so that's who they ended up allying themselves with.

As for the Gulf War, it's just common sense, really... we bought oil from both Kuwait and Iraq, so financially speaking why should it matter which one we were buying it from? If anything, the first Gulf War actually made gas prices worse because the Iraqi army burned Kuwait's oil fields as they retreated - destroying a bunch of oil, and also preventing further production until Kuwait had a chance to repair its oil wells.

And I had already mentioned the trade thing, and Nyan pooh-poohed saying "trade doesn't matter in this scenario."

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:55
@desparil

Whatever the reasons, these were pretty pointless wars then.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:56
Drecks-WLAN Karte. Einfach ausgegangen -_-
Musste den PC neustarten.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:56
@Schnitzeldroid

Leg ein Kabel.

melden

16.01.2015 um 20:58
@El_Gato
Well, pointless for us. Independence was hardly pointless as far as the Vietnamese were concerned. In Gulf War I, the Kuwaitis certainly didn't think that regaining control of their country was pointless. Then again, a lot of wars are pointless for one or more participants. World War I was pretty pointless for both England and the Ottoman Empire.

melden

16.01.2015 um 21:00
@desparil

That's what I meant. It was pretty pointless for the US. It would've made more sense for the US to leave them to their fate. The whole world police thing is just pretty arrogant, if you ask me.

melden

16.01.2015 um 21:06
@El_Gato
Das LAN-Kabel würde durch die ganze Wohnung führen. naja, geht wohl nicht anders.

melden

16.01.2015 um 21:06
@Schnitzeldroid

Ich hab auch mal ein 30 Meter langes Kabel verlegt.

melden
Nayst ehemaliges Mitglied

Link kopieren
Lesezeichen setzen

16.01.2015 um 21:09
Ahahahahah XD
Spoilerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76D2weOIunY

melden

16.01.2015 um 21:09
@Nayst