Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

21.02.2015 um 19:37
@Ayanna

43847 252520 252520gun 252520love and to

melden

21.02.2015 um 19:56
Warum genau wurde er gesperrt ?

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:03
@Oberknecht17
@BassVortex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sac-g92KC8E

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:08
@NyancatOpal
Er hat mal wieder Ü18-Zeugs gepostet, und das sehen die Mods nicht so gerne ^^

In diesem Fall wohl ein Gore-Bild.

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:09
Wie jetzt ? Er hat doch hier ca. 100 solcher Ü18 Bilder gepostet.

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:11
@NyancatOpal

Das haben die Mods dann halt nicht gesehen. Und es hat damals auch keiner von uns gemeldet. Threadloyalität und so.

melden
melden

21.02.2015 um 20:21
@NyancatOpal
Zitat von NyancatOpalNyancatOpal schrieb:Was hat eine brennende Hose mit Lying zu tun ?
Gibt's 'ne englische Redewendung "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:23
@desparil
What's the difference between "surgery" and "operation"?

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:25
surgery ist Chirurgie. Und operation ist allgemein eine Operation.

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:34
@Ayanna
Mostly that 'surgery' is more specific. 'Operation' has other meanings, for example you can say a 'military operation' or a 'logging operation' or something. In a purely medical context, I'd say 'operation' is more common when talking about a single surgical procedure that a specific person had to have, whereas 'surgery' is more general and describes the whole process.

Most of the time you can use whichever one you prefer, but there's a difference in how you have to use them because 'operation' is countable and 'surgery' is uncountable. So you could say "My friend had an operation on his knee," but you couldn't say "a surgery" - the correct way to phrase that would be "My friend had knee surgery."

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:35
@Ayanna
Also 'surgery' is used to refer to the general concept - like a hospital will have a 'Department of Surgery' rather than a 'Department of Operations'

On the other hand, the place where it's done is generally called the OR - the Operating Room. So it's whatever.

melden

@desparil

You should emigrate to Germany and become an English teacher who's teaching PROPER American English and not that faggot English from Britian. :trollking:

melden

@desparil
Ah, thank you very much :) Now it makes sense ^^

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:37
@El_Gato
@desparil
Ja das stimmt. Das dämliche Schul-British-English ging mir auch auf die Nerven

melden

21.02.2015 um 20:38
@NyancatOpal

:bier:

melden
melden

21.02.2015 um 20:39
@desparil

Eeyup, already knew that. Stupid Brits. :trollbier:

melden

21.02.2015 um 21:00
@desparil
Ist das transatlantische Kabel so langsam oder brauchst du wirklich so lange bis du deinen Post endlich mal fertig hast ? XD

melden

21.02.2015 um 21:01
@Ayanna
No problem.

There are some other nuances between the two, but they're not important too often. For example, if someone tells you the doctor you're looking for is "in surgery" it's a short way of saying "He's somewhere in the operating theater" - maybe preparing for surgery, maybe in the middle of operating, maybe observing the patient post-procedure, whatever. Same thing if someone says a patient is "in surgery" except that the patient is obviously on the receiving end of the care.

Since AN brought up British English, I think they may use 'surgery' slightly differently than us, but I can tell you for certain that in America, it only refers to medical practitioneres cutting people open. Well, those plus a few 'knifeless' procedures like Lasik that are close enough to still be called surgery.

melden