Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

08.09.2015 um 14:12
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:In conclusion, I don't think humanity will ever achieve immortality but I have no possible way of knowing that.
I do. By immortality I mean primarily the inability to die of old age and thus, living for centuries or millennia. That should be enough for the time being.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:If that is even possible and humanity is capable of doing so then^^
None of us can comprehend such a huge timespan like 10¹⁰⁰ years. That's a number beyond all human ability to conceive. Even a million years is far, FAR too long for us to grasp. My point is that our scientific and technological progress advances exponentially and thus it might take only a few thousand years from now to achieve godlike abilities from the perspective of mankind in the year 2015. We already have godlike powers compared to people who lived 500 years ago. All our advanced technology would look to them like magic made up by gods.
Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke. They are:

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:I'm curious, too, but it will never possibly affect us anymore because we will be long dead by then.
You cannot know that. Like I said; science already knows what exactly makes us age and eventually die. The next step is to stop this process.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:Thus, you're merely porcrastinating the inevitable death. It may be a much longer lifespan but ultimately you will cease to exist, no matter what, so everything you did in your life will become trivial since you are no more.
Depends. I don't think that the deeds and/or thoughts of people like Karl Marx, Leonardo da Vinci or any other great philosopher or inventor are trivial even though they're long dead.
Zitat von LucyDolphinLucyDolphin schrieb:In the end, this is my argument for animals not needing to artificially expand their lifespan and other stuff
They cannot. Well, almost all lifeforms eventually die of old age. But there are a few creatures living in the sea that are theoretically immortal because they can change themselves back to the stage of childhood. Sounds unbelievable, but they exist.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:18
Wieso nimmt mein PC keine selbst erstellten ico-Dateien an? Ich kann sie zwar als Symbol einstellen jedoch kommt stattdessen einfach random irgendein anderes Icon und nicht das eigentliche -.-

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:19
@Schnitzeldroid

Because Windows.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:24
@El_Gato
My point is that everything after your death, the disappearance of yourself like you think of it (your mind), everything happening after that doesn't affect you anymore and therefore doesn't concern you. Hence, everything you did, all your memories and literally anything is ultimately trivial.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:24
Ok, ich glaub ich weiß woran es liegt. Windows 10 scheint transparente bzw unsichtbare Icons nicht zu mögen.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:25
@LucyDolphin

Only if you assume that there is no immortal soul and an afterlife. But that's metaphysics...

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:27
@El_Gato
That is, in fact, correct.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:28
@LucyDolphin

And since I'm an agnostic like you, I don't think that such things couldn't possibly exist.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:29
@El_Gato
I agree.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:34
Mein Sea Swirl Plushie ist übrigens angekommen :3

QHys69lOriginal anzeigen (1,6 MB)

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:36
@LucyDolphin geil

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:47
@LucyDolphin

Sieht aus wie die Bootlegs aus China.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:49
@El_Gato
Ist es ja auch, ein offizielles Sea Swirl Plushie gibt es ja gar nicht :P:

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:50
Weiß jemand ob Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works momentan synchronisiert wird, oder ob schon eine Synchro draußen ist?

melden

@LucyDolphin

Haste das von zunt?

melden

@El_Gato
Nein, hab's einfach bei Ebay bestellt :D

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:51
@Zerco
Bin mir unsicher, warum?

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:52
@Zerco

Was soll das überhaupt sein?

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:53
@Zerco
Youtube: Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] English Dub Trailer
Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] English Dub Trailer
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.

Gibt schon nen Trailer. Keine Ahnung, wann der Dub dann rauskommen wird, dauert sicherlich noch ne Weile.

melden

08.09.2015 um 14:53
@LucyDolphin

Will den Anime parallel zu Bleach schauen, allerdings finde ich wegen der Lizenz keine Subs mehr.

Das hier scheint der richtige Anime zu sein:

http://bs.to/serie/Fate-stay-night-Unlimited-Blade-Works/1/1-Ein-Wintertag-Nacht-des-Schicksals/Streamcloud-1

Also wurde die erste Staffel bisher synchronisiert, bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob das die Neuauflage ist (Produktionsjahr 2014, scheint also schon richtig zu sein).

melden