English
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

Smalltalk

744 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Unterhaltung, Spaß, Sprache ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

Smalltalk

14.04.2017 um 09:29
I haven't decided yet whether I will stay at home or travel to Ireland.

An other option would be a very special way of spending my holiday, but it's unlikely that I would find someone, who would like to spend his/her holiday in the same way.

Anzeige
1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

17.04.2017 um 21:08
Zitat von Wanda1981Wanda1981 schrieb am 14.04.2017:An other option would be a very special way of spending my holiday
Tell us about this special way, i would like to know your plans :)

I do not have any plans at all, but spending as much time as possible at my lakes.

melden

Smalltalk

18.04.2017 um 21:19
@Grymnir

I would like to spend my holidays in a very remote cottage or hut without electricity and maybe without (warm) water - having only the bare necessities of life.

1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

19.04.2017 um 23:18
@Wanda1981
Believe it or not, but this would be a lifestyle i could consider for myself. I dont like our modern times, i would prefer a more simple way of existance. Or, as Soulfly said it:

Youtube: Soulfly - Back To The Primitive (with lyrics)
Soulfly - Back To The Primitive (with lyrics)
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.

melden

Smalltalk

20.04.2017 um 19:54
@Grymnir

I wouldn't say that I dislike our modern times in general. There are a lot of things I'll never want to do without, for example advances in medicine, possibilities to travel and learn more about other people, and especially a lot of  outstanding music.

But now and then the opportunity to take time out from it would be fantastic.

melden

Smalltalk

20.04.2017 um 23:24
@Wanda1981
You know, some people act like they would not be able to live without their smartphone, HD TV and so on anymore. Of course a lot of very good things which you mentioned have been developed. But society is changing so fast that noone knows what will happen with all those cool new technologies. When i see kids with their damned phones glued on their hands, i think that civilisation has failed.

melden

Smalltalk

21.04.2017 um 18:40
@Grymnir

You're right, society is indeed changing so (or too) fast and we cannot estimate whether it is a change for the better.
We are forced to keep up with some of these changes (especially in work life) to be competitive.
Fortunately we have a choice with a lot of things, for instance I consciously decided against a smartphone or even a TV.
It's sad that a lot of people don't realize that they have a choice - particularly young people.
I think it's most of all our responsibility to show young people an alternative way of living.

1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

23.04.2017 um 20:52
Zitat von Wanda1981Wanda1981 schrieb:It's sad that a lot of people don't realize that they have a choice - particularly young people.
You are so right - and i dont know why they dont even think about alternatives. They do not see that there are more ways than just the one everyone is walking.

I have never owned a smartphone, and as long as they produce normal cell phones i will use one :)

melden

Smalltalk

23.04.2017 um 22:46
I think one day the young people will turn to other things. The world does not stand still , maybe it will be better (or not). Our parents did not even have what we had, let alone our grandparents. Times change and so will be in the future, maybe I'm too optimistic but I do not think that kills us.
 I know when I was young, I did things on which my parents were not proud , my friends did too, but we have become decent (useful  )  people anyway   :)

melden

Smalltalk

11.05.2017 um 23:23
My dear friends of the English section, maybe you are interested in this little game i created recently :) Lets find out who lives the most boring life :D

100 things you should do before you die

melden

Smalltalk

18.06.2018 um 15:55
Hi, how are you? ^^

1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

23.06.2018 um 06:58
Zitat von Wanda1981Wanda1981 schrieb am 18.04.2017:I would like to spend my holidays in a very remote cottage or hut without electricity and maybe without (warm) water - having only the bare necessities of life.
I have done that. It SOUNDS romantic, but in reality you tire of it very fast. Or at least I did. There is very little romance in having to carry every drop of water from a well or spring. It doesn't take long util one starts to skimp on hygiene, and everything then becomes unpleasant very quickly... Especially if one lives like man and wife with someone...

1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

23.06.2018 um 06:59
i dont think so

melden

Smalltalk

24.06.2018 um 21:08
@Merwinna

But didnt you get a feeling reduction to the real necessities in existence? Didnt you recognize that you dont need wireless LAN to be a human??

1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

25.06.2018 um 06:44
Zitat von GrymnirGrymnir schrieb:Smalltalk
gestern um 21:08
@Merwinna

But didnt you get a feeling reduction to the real necessities in existence? Didnt you recognize that you dont need wireless LAN to be a human??
I don't even know what wireless LAN IS, so I must already have realized that... I know, though, that I need a clean body, clean clothes and clean bedwear to feel human - and if I have a partner he has to be clean too. I do not want to share my bed with a pig... that is not human.

melden

Smalltalk

25.06.2018 um 09:35
No one answered my Question :(

melden

Smalltalk

27.06.2018 um 17:14
Zitat von ArchibaldMaxArchibaldMax schrieb am 18.06.2018:Hi, how are you? ^^
Not too bad. And how are you?
Zitat von MerwinnaMerwinna schrieb am 23.06.2018:I have done that. It SOUNDS romantic, but in reality you tire of it very fast. Or at least I did. There is very little romance in having to carry every drop of water from a well or spring. It doesn't take long util one starts to skimp on hygiene, and everything then becomes unpleasant very quickly... Especially if one lives like man and wife with someone...
Actually, I haven't got any romantic thoughts about it. I'm more interested in the challenging aspect of it.
Access to a water source is of course necessary. With that a standard of hygiene should be possible.

1x zitiertmelden

Smalltalk

27.06.2018 um 18:24
Zitat von Wanda1981Wanda1981 schrieb:Access to a water source is of course necessary. With that a standard of hygiene should be possible.
Well, in summer you can bathe in a lake or spring of course. But in September-May you have to carry the water inside and heat it. And it needs LOTS to fill a bathtub, and a great deal even to fill a basin. Water carrying was a female job in the old peasant society, and it took the women's time, energy, bodily health, freedom and youth... Many people say that the pill was the thing that released women, but I would say that more important than the pill were the indoor faucets with hot and cold water!

To manage without electricity is easier in my experience. It can even be a little cosy with a hearth and candles... for a little while.

melden

Smalltalk

05.07.2018 um 15:44
@Wanda1981
yeay finally someone answered my question:D great! I love sommer. what makes you happy in sommer btw?

melden

Smalltalk

08.07.2018 um 21:05
@ArchibaldMax
May i enter your topic?

I like to go swimming all the time in sUmmer. We got a lot of abandoned quarrys and other lakes in my region, so i got to make a difficult choice every day ^^ Here is a picture of the lake next to my door:

DSC00071Original anzeigen (1,2 MB)

Anzeige

melden