Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

NationStates - Dein eigener Staat

107 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Nationstates ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

16.09.2011 um 12:42
A peculiar confederacy of small-government advocates, regular attendees at Scottish Gargoyles's annual Medieval Faire, and the super rich have demanded that the government grant estates and confer titles of nobility upon certain influential persons.
The Debate

"Of course I should be appointed as the Duke of Scottish Gargoyles City," says multi-billionaire Thomas Mistletoe. "Not only would it be an apt reward for my contributions to Scottish Gargoyles, but the citizens who become landed serfs on my estate would work harder than they ever have in all their lives." Adds small-government advocate Randy Nagasawa, "Government would at last return to the local level, close to the people and the land to which they would be bound for life."

"I can't believe I'm hearing this," exclaims noted civil rights advocate Naki Clinton. "Those who are behind this espouse a system that grants inordinate amounts of institutional power to the rich and ensures that no one will be able to climb the social ladder. Everyone in society must be granted an equal opportunity to succeed or fail. Say 'no' to a nobility!"

"I think both of the other parties are taking this issue to the extreme," argues a learned elderly gentleman resting on a park bench. "All that's being advocated is giving those who have contributed to their nation a ceremonial title and a bit of land. Besides," he adds, "the government can tax their estate."

"A good day to thee, milord," counters Konrad Utopia, an amateur Medieval Faire actor dressed in period costume, "I would suggest that thou hasten thyself to spectate at the jousting competition this forenoon. Aye, quite a bout we have arrayed for thee this day. However, the whole affair could be much grander if only we received a few more gold crownes from the government. Aye, 'twould be a grand tourney of knightly skill and courage indeed!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
:D

Anzeige
melden

16.09.2011 um 19:17
4 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Scottish Gargoyles, Scottish Gargoyles's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region.

Das kommt dabei raus, sehr schön.^^

melden

16.09.2011 um 19:29
Recently, there has been an enormous commercial success for 'violent' video games such as 'Blood 'n' Guts 2: The Revenge', 'Tremor', and 'Grand Theft Tricycle'. Several parents' groups have been calling for tougher restrictions on these games.

The Debate

"We must outlaw these violent games immediately!" shouts Catherine Gratwick, a member of Mothers Ordered Against Nastiness, "These so-called 'games' are desensitising our children to violence and making them more aggressive. Why, just the other day I witnessed my son firing a missile launcher in a videogame and the next day he went out and robbed a bank! He may be thirty-five, but you can't possibly say it's a coincidence!"

"Oh noez!" cries DEATMASTER_69, one of The Anarchic Lands of The Metallands's foremost authorities on video games. "That's stupid! If a child is psychotic, it's not because they played 'Hellstorm of Fireblood 3' or whatever, it's because their parents were stupid enough to not teach little Johnny the difference between right and wrong and don't want to take the blame. Just because I like to n00k countries in games doesn't mean I like to shoot people in real life. That's false data! So just relax and let the kids play their games, hey?"

"Why not rate games the same way we rate movies?" asks Beth Rifkin, a spokesperson for the The Anarchic Lands of The Metallands Censorship Board. "We could give each game a content rating based on age appropriateness, and add descriptors on the box explaining why the game gets a certain rating. A little funding and we can stop children getting violent video games without affecting all the older 'gamers'. Everyone will be happy. Except tax payers, I guess."

"The children will manage to get their hands on the games anyway," says Buy Mistletoe, a fitness instructor. "Parents can be so ignorant. In my opinion, the only damage these video games are causing is physical: kids are becoming less inclined to exercise, and it doesn't really matter if they are violent; the result is the same either way. The only way to get bums off seats is to ban all video games. Maybe then we'll see a difference in the national waistline!"

melden

19.09.2011 um 15:36
Government Acts

The Issue

A small religious group is lobbying the government to allow them to take multiple wives.

The Debate

"It's about time we had our religious rights recognized," says Melbourne Shiomi, a devout member of a faith that is never made quite clear. "Who is the government to tell me I can't love more than one woman? The government doesn't know how much of me there is to go around!"

"This is nothing more than sexual deviants using religion as a pretext for perversion!" says Reverend Jazz Christmas. "Marriage is one man, one woman, and death do we part. What's so hard to get? Anything else is a perversion, and must be banned."

"Multiple wives? Excellent!" says passer-by Dave Spirit. "Presumably we will allow multiple husbands, as well. And gay marriages, of course. In fact, now is probably the time for the government to butt out of marriage altogether. Let people marry their cats, if they want."

melden

19.09.2011 um 15:39
The Issue

Due to the ever-increasing traffic on The Anarchic Lands of The Metallands's highways, commuter tempers are flaring, leading to an increase in road rage related accidents. A recent case in which a very impatient driver attacked and seriously injured a slow driver has brought the subject rapidly to the highest levels of the government.

The Debate

"The problem is that our highway system is sorely in need of an overhaul," claims social commentator Max Barry. "The Anarchic Lands of The Metallands's highways were constructed with a far smaller number of cars in mind, and we've exceeded that traffic load by a substantial amount, resulting in traffic jams. Traffic jams lead to impatience, impatience leads to anger, anger leads to road rage, and road rage leads to violence. We need to expand the freeway system by adding more lanes to relieve the traffic congestion."

"You add new lanes, even MORE people will drive, putting us right back at square one!" counters Gregory Rifkin of The Anarchic Lands of The Metallands's public transportation committee. "Instead of throwing tons of money at a short-term solution, why not spend it on improving bus and rail service and encouraging carpooling? Oh, and get more highway patrol officers to crack down on these violent drivers who pose safety threats to the rest of us."

"*BLEEP!* that *BLEEP!*" Catherine Gratwick yells at the top of her lungs from the window of her very large pickup truck with a gun rack mounted in the rear window. "The government should just *BLEEP!*ing stay out of our daily *BLEEP!*ing drive! They ought to let us *BLEEP!*ing rushed businesspeople go about our daily *BLEEP!*ing business, no matter what *BLEEP!*ing measures we have to take to get to *BLEEP!*ing work on time!"

die letzte ist klasse :D

melden

05.10.2011 um 16:36
Ihr solltet vielleicht mal wieder spielen, sonst bin ich bald Eremit im AllmysteryLand ^^

melden

02.04.2012 um 12:10
http://dark.nationstates.net/nation=the_metallands
The Holy Empire of The Metallands is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 768 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Doom City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.

Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, the nation's drinking water tends to glow green at night, The Metallands has designated Doom City as its capital city, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The Metallands's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Gulden.

Anzeige

melden

Bleib auf dem Laufenden und erhalte neue Beiträge in dieser Diskussion per E-Mail.

Oder lad dir die Allmystery App um in Echtzeit zu neuen Beiträgen benachrichtigt zu werden: