Unterhaltung
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

My little Pony; Friendship is Magic 2.0

149.276 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: MLP, My Little Pony, Ponys ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

01.07.2014 um 19:03
@El_Gato
viele halo anspielungen?

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:04
@reher

Nur was die Schiffs-AI anbelangt. Die erinnert doch sehr stark an Cortana.

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:06
@El_Gato

Eh, I reserve judgment until they write more. I think they spent far too long failing to make me feel bad for this guy's dead family. Also, how about some other crew members? We haven't met anyone besides Mark and the AI. Kind of a big oversight if you ask me... if they're supposed to be colonizing a new planet, they would need dozens if not hundreds of COLONISTS

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:09
@desparil

Colonizing a new planet will be pretty hard, if he is the last living human, right? Unless he can fuck the AI, that is. :troll:
But I don't think that the whole point of the fanfic will be about colonizing.
I think the Driden will somehow manage to follow them and thus bringing a vicious war to Equestria.
Mark and Des will then help the ponies in the war against them.

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:14
@El_Gato

Probably not, but if I'm going to suspend my disbelief they need to meet me halfway... don't tell me hat his mission is to colonize, then turn around and make such a thing impossible. If he was just a scout and was supposed to report back to a larger ship when he found a good planet, then it would make sense that it was just him and the AI. That's not what they wrote, though. Also, other than the fact that they explicitly told us that the ships are designed to look like the one from BSG, this has basically nothing to do with BSG so the title is pretty misleading.

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:17
@desparil

Well, I don't know about this. I've never watched BSG. But the fic starts in the middle of a battle between the Driden and the human ship, right? I would make sense that he is the last survivor of this particular battle. Plus, we don't know if they have some kind of cloning device.
Anyway, I think that this fic has A LOT of potential and I for one can't wait to read more. :vv:

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:27
@El_Gato

They said life support was fine, and they didn't mention any major hull breaches. I don't see how everyone else on the ship would just randomly die, particularly the non-combat personnel. Also, if everyone was dead you'd think that would be a significant enough plot point to at least MENTION it. You know, instead of two paragraphs detailing the technical specifications of the ship. It's just not thrilling to read about the force fields that keep the air inside the hangar bay and "keep the vacuum out" ... which isn't even scientific, a vacuum is the absence of air, it's not a physical thing that's climbin' in yo windows try'na snatch yo people up. Sci-fi writers who write a ton of technical jargon bore me, and writers who can't be bothered to learn high school level physical sciences irk me, and so far this person combined both of those - and that was only halfway through the prologue!

Also, Desirée is how you spell that name, Author. Don't use some weird shit that's clearly almost the same as a real name but not quite. Game of Thrones does enough of that shit already.

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:30
So zuhause^^

melden
melden

01.07.2014 um 19:36
@desparil

Now you're nitpicking. Keeping the vacuum out is just a way to describe it. Yeah, he COULD have written that the force fields keep the air in instead of the vacuum out. But seriously, do you really care that much about scientific accurate terminology? I don't.
What's important is that everyone understands what he wants to say.
Also, he might be a new author. I am willing to give him this chance.

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:36
@Grymnir
Tag^^

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:37
@Dekujunge
Yuri, huhu!

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:38
@Grymnir
:D

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:39
@Dekujunge
full

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:40
@Grymnir
Was ist das für ein Pony ? Noch nie gesehen. Granny Smith als Filly ?

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:40
@El_Gato

My problem was that he said both, when he only needed to say the first, which unnecessarily adds to the word count. The problem was just compounded by the fact that he was wrong. I take issue with people who go out of their way to try to sound smart when their knowledge doesn't support it. My biggest issue, though, was that huge swaths of the story are just BORING, like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0 (Video: OMG WHO THE HELL CARES!)
about the force field in the first place? Hearing about the ship's force fields and sublight repulsor drives and whatever is just irrelevant. Brevity is a virtue.

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:41
@NyancatOpal
vergiss es^^
young granny smith by stabzor-d4lrgggOriginal anzeigen (0,6 MB)

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:42
Stimmt, die ist ja grün. Aber wer ist sonst braun und hat als Kind schon weiße Haare ?

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:43
@NyancatOpal
Nein, das ist Mjölna. Sie kommt im Super Speedy Cider Squeezy Lied vor, und ist eines meiner Lieblingsponys ;)

Mjolna in crowd S02E15Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)

melden

01.07.2014 um 19:44
Ich will ja mal nix sagen, aber ich mag diese Noname BGPs nicht.

melden