Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

MJ~Leben u. Sterben~u das Geschehen danach!

23.746 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Mord, Michael Jackson, Verurteilung ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

18.09.2012 um 08:50
Cam25 ‏@IncFilmix
#MichaelJackson Call Me Maybe http://twitpic.com/avteec
a33aef 658101540
7:26 PM - 17 Sep 12
Cam25 ‏@IncFilmix
Joe Pesci on his FRIEND Michel Jackson - http://FOXNews.com(http://FOXNews.com) .flv: Youtube: Joe Pesci on his FRIEND Michel Jackson - FOXNews.com.flv
Joe Pesci on his FRIEND Michel Jackson - FOXNews.com.flv
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.
via @Youtube
2:29 AM - 17 Sep 12

Anzeige
melden

18.09.2012 um 08:54
♛TeamMichaelJackson♛ ‏@TeamMichael777
..Here is part of the statement Thomas Mesereau gave at the Press Conference, Sept 17, 2004 - 7th da http://tl.gd/jb1vgm via @mylove4MJ
10:46 PM - 17 Sep 12
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/jb1vgm
..Here is part of the statement Thomas Mesereau gave at the Press Conference, Sept 17, 2004 - 7th day of Pre-Trial:

“Mr. Jackson has been a target of frivolous lawsuits throughout his career. To date, well over a thousand ridiculous lawsuits have been filed or threatened against Mr. Jackson for all kinds of reasons by those who sought to obtain money by exploiting his achievements and love for people.

None of these claims involved allegations that he ever harmed a child. However, they involved, for the most part, creative and outrageous attempts to take money from Mr. Jackson. Throughout his career, Mr. Jackson’s desire to create and help our world has been subjected to efforts to exploit, undermine and take advantage of this wonderful human being.

Mr. Jackson has been repeatedly advised by those who stood to make fortunes in his business affairs to pay money, rather than face certain false allegations. As a result, many years ago, he did pay money, rather than litigate, two false allegations that he had harmed children.

People who intended to earn millions of dollars from his record and music promotions did not want negative publicity from these lawsuits interfering with their profits.

These two false allegations must be placed in a proper perspective. Mr. Jackson has interacted with millions of children. Many millions of children around the world love Michael Jackson and never alleged that he harmed them in any way.

Those who wanted to profit from his good deeds and vulnerabilities were also threatening to destroy his ability to raise his own children and to champion the welfare, integrity, humanity and interests of children around the world. Michael Jackson occupies a world where his privacy is continually violated.

Michael Jackson now regrets making these payments. Nevertheless, these efforts to settle are now being used against him regardless of the merits or the truth behind them. These settlements were entered into with one primary condition. That condition was that Mr.Jackson NEVER admitted ANY wrongdoing.

Mr. Jackson always denied doing anything wrong. Mr. Jackson had hoped to buy peace in the process. He was advised that while these sums of money appeared large, they were actually very small compared to money he could make in music. Mr. Jackson has earned well over one billion dollars in his career. Placed in this perspective, they were very small sums, indeed.

Greed begets greed. Mr. Jackson now realizes that the advice he received was wrong. He should have fought these actions to the bitter end and vindicated himself. The recent publicity about these settlements is unfair and damaging to him, his family and his dedication to the world’s children. The false charges he is facing will be battled in a court of law within our justice system.
HE IS INNOCENT AND WILL BE VINDICATED”.

#iWillNeverForget

melden

18.09.2012 um 09:14
von Facebook

603353 418133271580627 2061636927 n

melden

18.09.2012 um 09:21
284402 415953645131923 70158213 n

644685 415949538465667 44519860 n

292986 415948608465760 533091959 n

581546 415948081799146 1320760246 n

390485 415938735133414 1221888437 n

melden

18.09.2012 um 09:25
424669 415937861800168 1396992483 n

539062 414103251983629 420006957 n
383238 414102928650328 1416875527 n

217807 413909918669629 1009842884 n

320224 413874868673134 870177054 n

melden

18.09.2012 um 10:42
Paris Jackson shares late father Michael's geeky hobby... as she spends day at comic book convention with her brothers

By MARTIN HOWDEN
PUBLISHED: 11:00 GMT, 17 September 2012 | UPDATED: 11:48 GMT, 17 September 2012

Paris Jackson revealed her inner-geek after enjoying a day out with her brothers at a Los Angeles comic convention.

The 14-year-old daughter of late pop icon Michael Jackson stepped out in a yellow top and denim hot pants as she attended Stan Lee's Comikaze event on Sunsday.

Flanked by a crew that were the filming the family during their day out, Paris seemed happy as she walked through the bustling crowds at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

article-2204438-150DC624000005DC-267 634Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)
Comic fan: Paris Jackson attended the Stan lee Comikaze event in Los Angeles with her two brothers

Comic book fans, games and zombie enthusiasts descended on the pop culture event over the weekend for the annual festival, which is now in its second year and has been re-branded Stan Lee's Comikaze after the comic book creator became a business partner following last year's success.

While Paris and her older brother Prince Michael didn't dress up for the occasion, ten-year-old Blanket got into the spirit of things by wearing a red T-shirt featuring several Marvel comics characters that Lee created, including Spider-Man and The Hulk.

article-2204438-150DC69D000005DC-385 634
Big stars: The Jackson children visit to the convention was filmed by a small crew

The Jackson children inherited their comic book loving side from their father.

Michael was a huge comic book fan and purchased a host of geek goodies, including life-size statues of Spider-Man, Superman and Batman, as well as vintage X-Men and Marvel Vs Capcom arcade machines.

The King of Pop also struck up a friendship with Stan Lee in his failed bid to buy the screen rights of Spider-Man.

Lee recounted their meeting in a 2009 interview with MTV: 'I had been to his place in Neverland ... and he wanted to do Spider-Man. I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along.

article-2204438-150DC70C000005DC-102 634Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)
Looking Marvel-ous: Blanket shares his dad's love with Marvel comics

'He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.'

Paris has also inherited her dad's acting desires.

In a new interview with Glamour, she says she's desperate to be an actress and has the backing of her Aunt La Toya.

Paris said: 'She really does encourage me; it’s just awesome of her. I love my dad, and I’m proud to be his daughter.

'I just don’t think the title ‘M.J.’s daughter’ fits me. A lot of people think he’s the only reason I’m making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person.'

article-2204438-150DC701000005DC-859 634Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)
Big hugs: Prince Michael leans in for a cuddle during his day out at Stan Lee's Comikaze convention

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2204438/Paris-Jackson-shares-dads-geek-hobby-spending-day-comic-book-convention.html

melden

18.09.2012 um 10:47
Paris Jackson and Brothers Attend Stan Lee's Comikaze

September 17, 2012

Michael Jackson’s kids, Paris, Prince and Blanket, followed in their father’s footsteps on Sunday when they attended Stan Lee’s Comikaze comic book convention in Los Angeles.

parisjackson-450x600

Paris appeared to have a blast, posting a collection of Instagram photos from the event like a Captain America mask, Comikaze poster and herself trying on what appeared to be a Loki helmet from "Thor."

While Paris and Prince dressed in street clothes, Blanket was photographed wearing a Marvel T-shirt featuring Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and more.

parisjacksonstanlee1-615x400
Photo: Lou Ferrigno, Paris Jackson, Stan Lee, Prince and Blanket Jackson.

Michael was a known comic book collector and owned life-sized statues of characters such as Superman and Batman. MJ even bonded with Stan Lee, the co-creator of many of Marvel’s most popular superheroes, over the movie rights to “Spider-Man.”

In 2009, Lee told MTV, “I had been to his place in Neverland... and he wanted to do ‘Spider-Man.’ I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along.”

Stan added, “He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.”

http://www.extratv.com/2012/09/17/paris-jackson-and-brothers-attend-comic-book-convention/

melden

18.09.2012 um 12:37
SKURRILER LOOK

Lady GaGa in Jacksons Jacke & mit mega Micky-Ohren

Dienstag, 18. September 2012 | 08:19 Uhr | Julia

lady-gaga-mit-micky-maus-ohren

„Mickey Jackson“ war das Thema einer der Auftritte von Lady GaGa (26) bei der London Fashion Week. Bei der Show ihres Hutmachers Philip Treacy (45), dessen Kreationen erstmals wieder seit über 10 Jahren bei der englischen Modewoche zu sehen waren, trug sie nicht nur erstaunlichen Kopfschmuck, sondern außerdem eine ganz besondere Jacke.

Zuerst könnte man meinen, die Künstlerin hätte sich in der Veranstaltung geirrt und wolle statt zu einer Modenschau eigentlich ins Disney Land. Doch bei ihren monströs großen Micky Maus-Ohren, die ein wenig an Satelliten-Schüsseln erinnern, handelt es sich um einen Entwurf des Designers, der hier seine neueste Kollektion vorstellt. Dazu kombinierte die GaGa eine weiße Glitzerjacke - aber nicht irgendeine, sondern eine Original-Jacke, die der „King of Pop“ Michael Jackson (†50) höchstpersönlich trug. Damit tat es die 26-Jährige den Models gleich, die fast alle mit Kleidungsstücken aus dem Jackson-Vermächtnis bekleidet waren. Auf ihrer Twitter-Seite verkündete sie heute Morgen: „Es war total surreal, gestern Abend Michael Jacksons Kleidung zu tragen. Treacys Show war wegweisend!“ Klingt ganz danach, als hätten sich hier Gleichgesinnte gefunden.

http://www.promiflash.de/lady-gaga-in-jacksons-jacke-und-mit-mega-micky-ohren-1209188.html

melden

18.09.2012 um 12:42
Lady Gaga ‏@LadyGaga
Totally surreal wearing Michael Jacksons clothes last night. Philip Treacy's show was groundbreaking. #MICKEYJACKSON http://littlemonsters.com/image/5056e8dfc46c85980c002b20
2:19 AM - 17 Sep 12
Lady Gaga ‏@LadyGaga
from left to right blow, treacy archive floral helmut, McQueen emerald dress and shoes, MJ's jacket philip's ears! http://littlemonsters.com/image/5056c82bb2d03c6a27001144
2:29 AM - 17 Sep 12

melden

18.09.2012 um 12:46
Q&A: Spike Lee on Bad25, Michael Jackson and why he loves Man in the Mirror

Ben Kaplan | Sep 17, 2012 6:00 PM ET | Last Updated: Sep 17, 2012 2:28 PM ET

spike1

Spike Lee wears a Michael Jackson T-shirt that matches the Michael Jackson Air Jordans the 55-year-old director wears tucked out of his jeans. Lee, director of Do the Right Thing, Inside Man, Malcolm X and five documentaries, recently premiered Bad25, his film about the making of the Michael Jackson record that debuted in 1987. Bad, which will be re-released on Sept. 18, was Jackson’s follow-up to Thriller, still the best-selling album of all-time. Ben Kaplan sat down with Lee on the last day of TIFF and asked him what he misses most about his old friend.

Q Given your documentary history — the church bombing in Birmingham and the hurricane in New Orleans — why make a Michael Jackson film?
A I’ve been a fan since I saw him as the lead singer of the Jackson Five on The Ed Sullivan Show — 1969, that was. I wanted to be one of the Jackson Five.

Q In 1987, when Bad was released, you were preparing School Daze. Were you as influenced by Jackson’s visuals as much as his music?
A I was just following what Michael did. He put a great emphasis on his short films and they set the standard and really made MTV, it was mutual. And many people told me that Michael, if he had lived longer, would’ve gone into directing films.

Q You directed Michael Jackson in the video for They Don’t Care About Us in 1996. What do you remember?
A It was one of the highlights of my filmmaking career.

Q Were you having flashbacks to yourself as a 12-year-old in front of the television?
A I wasn’t thinking about Ed Sullivan, I was thinking that I’ve got to do a job right, because I can’t let Michael down. I don’t want Michael being displeased.

Q Let’s talk about Bad, the album. At that time, were you a fan?
A Like everybody, I’d waited five years for the follow-up to Thriller. I remember, and I even put this in the film, that I didn’t understand the song Just Good Friends, the duet with Stevie Wonder. I don’t stand that song.

Q What do you mean?
A I don’t know why two great songwriters, Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson, would sing someone else’s song that’s not even good. Stevie’s a good friend of mine, too. He knew I was going to ask him about that song.

Q What don’t you like about it?
A Quincy [Jones, the album’s producer] says in the voice over, “I know I made a mistake.” It’s acknowledged.

Q Quincy also says he didn’t like Smooth Criminal. That’s my favourite song on the disc.
A They made 66 songs for Bad; you have to whittle them down.

Q With the record being re-released and you making this film, are you attempting to bring the focus back with Michael Jackson to the music?
A This is a re-examination. The way Michael was treated – Wacko Jacko – it’s criminal the stuff they wrote about him, so I do think a lot of people are going to go back and listen to this album. People were caught up in Thriller and Bad was a follow-up to Thriller and overshadowed, but it stands up on its own legs.

Q You mention the Wacko Jack stuff. Did that taint your impression of the man?
A I didn’t believe that stuff. I hate that stuff. And as we show in the film, that stuff hurt Michael. He’s a human being.

Q You ask everyone in the film where they were on June 25, 2009, when Michael passed. Where were you?
A I was in Cannes for an internet convention and at dinner in Monaco and I got the word. It messed me up for months.

Q Would you call this a personal film?
A All my films are personal. Especially my documentaries.

Q You’ve now spent two lives with Bad, as a music fan and as a documentarian. What’s your favourite song on the disc?
A Man in the Mirror. That’s the anthem and Michael sang the hell out of it.

Bad25, the record, is out Sept. 18 on Sony Records. The documentary by Spike Lee will premiere in November.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/09/17/qa-spike-lee-on-bad25-michael-jackson-and-why-he-loves-man-in-the-mirror/

melden

19.09.2012 um 07:49
https://twitter.com/ParisJackson (Archiv-Version vom 09.11.2012)

Paris Jacksoη ‏@ParisJackson
fainted to the point of tears and you were holding on to make a point . what's the point ?
7:58 PM - 18 Sep 12
>
i could feel a hot one taking me down for a moment , i could feel the force .
7:57 PM - 18 Sep 12
>
"I Can Feel a Hot One" Songtext
von Manchester Orchestra
http://www.songtexte.com/songtext/manchester-orchestra/i-can-feel-a-hot-one-bfcf99a.html
RIP Jimi Hendrix , you've always been my hero .
3:28 PM - 18 Sep 12
walking like a one man army , fighting with the shadows in your head
7:16 AM - 18 Sep 12
>
John Mayer . Song "Say" lyrics
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/john_mayer/say.html

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:03
18. September 2012 08:48

London Fashion Week
Lady Gaga modelt für Kates Hutdesigner

Was für eine Show! Bei der Modeschau von Philip Treacy, liefen Michael Jacksons Bühnenkostüme neben Lady Gaga und verrückten Hüten.

Da hat LadyGaga den übrigen Models aber die Show gestohlen. Als Philip Treacy, Londons schrägster Hutmacher, den auch Herzogin Kate liebt, seine Show zeigte, staunten die Besucher nicht schlecht. Denn neben der Eröffnung durch die Sängerin sah man auch sehr bekannte Kleidungsstücke und Kopfbedeckungen, die durch ihre Extravaganz erstaunten.

Mannequin
Zu der schrägen Show passt die exzentrische Sängerin mit ihrem Style perfekt. Am Catwalk marschierten Neonröhren-Gebilde, Riesensmileys und Feder-Punk-Hüte. Ein Model war sogar von Kopf bis Fuß in eine Art Nietenkäfig gehüllt, die Show glich mehr einem Spekatakel als einer Modeschau. Lady Gaga eröffnete die Show mit einem pinkfarbenen, bodenlangen Umhang. Mit ausgebreiteten Armen und auf extrem hohen Plateau-Heels stöckelte sie für ihren Hutmacher-Freund über den Laufsteg. Treacy ist bekannt für seine Mischung aus verrückten Ideen und tragbaren Teilen- seine Arbeiten sind mittlerweile fast ein Highlight der Londoner Modewoche geworden. Das liegt auch sicher an seinen prominenten Fans wie Gaga und Herzogin Kate, die sehr gerne die Kreationen des Briten tragen. Bekannt wurde unter anderem sein Brezel-Hut, den Beatrice, die Enkelin der Queen, zur Hochzeit von Kate trug. Auch Victoria Beckham trug einen Treacy-Hut zum Royal Wedding, der die schlichte und tragbare Seite des Designers zeigt.

Dies ist die erste Show die der Brite seit Jahren während der Londoner Fashion Week zeigt. Und wem einige der Kleider bekannt vorkamen: Kein Wunder! Seine Hüte wurden in Kombination mit den Bühnenkostümen des verstorbenen Michael Jackson getragen. Unter anderem mit seiner berühmten „Thriller“-Lederjacke!

http://madonna.oe24.at/fashion/Lady-Gaga-modelt-fuer-Kates-Hutdesigner/78964722 (Archiv-Version vom 19.09.2012)

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:14
Siedah Garrett - Keep On Lovin' You (Tribute to MJ's 25th Anniversary of "Bad")

JusMusic 9/18/2012 12:07:14 PM

Siedah Garrett- "Keep On Lovin' You" (Official Video)
Youtube: Siedah Garrett- "Keep On Lovin' You" (Official Video)
Siedah Garrett- "Keep On Lovin' You" (Official Video)
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.
Veröffentlicht am 12.09.2012 von SiedahGarrett
To purchase "Keep On Lovin' You" please click: http://siedah.com/?page_id=1611 (Archiv-Version vom 01.10.2012)

"Keep On Lovin' You," is a tribute to my friend and mentor Michael Jackson and answer to our #1 world wide duet, " I Just Can't Stop Loving You." When Michael and I recorded and performed our duet together, it always felt as if he were singing it just for me. I wanted to write an answer, a sort of love letter back to him, that tells the story of how we first met, and how amazing it was to be in his presence and be able to interact with him creatively over the years. This new song expresses my deepest feelings for him, and appreciation for all the personal attention and unbelievable opportunities he afforded me.
****************************************************************************** >>

Grammy winning singer/songwriter Siedah Garrett releases the music video for her new single "Keep On Lovin' You," which serves as a tribute to her friend and mentor Michael Jackson and her answer to their 1987 #1 world wide smash, “ I Just Can’t Stop Loving You.” The new effort arrives today (September 18), the same day as the re-release of the King of Pop's monumental album BAD, on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.

“When Michael and I recorded and performed our duet together, it always felt as if he were singing it just for me," said Garrett. "I wanted to write an answer, a sort of love letter back to him, that tells the story of how we first met, and how amazing it was to be in his presence and be able to interact with him creatively over the years. This new song expresses my deepest feelings for him, and appreciation for all the personal attention and unbelievable opportunities he afforded me."

Produced and co-written by DapoTorimiro (Justin Bieber, Brandy, John Legend), "Keep On Lovin' You" will appear og Garret's upcoming album, Look Inside Myself, which is slated for release later this year.

Set to be featured in the forthcoming Spike Lee documentary BAD25, Garret duetted with MJ on “IJCSLY” and co-wrote the classic hit, “Man In The Mirror”, the album’s record 5th #1 global hit.

http://singersroom.com/content/2012-09-18/Siedah-Garrett-Keep-On-Lovin-You-Tribute-to-MJs-25th-Anniversary-of-Bad/

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:18
it don't mean a thing , if it ain't got that swing doo-wab-di-wab doo-wab-di-wab
11:02 PM - 18 Sep 12
>
Ella Fitzgerald & Duke Ellington It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) Lyrics
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/ella+fitzgerald+duke+ellington/it+dont+mean+a+thing+if+it+aint+got+that+swing_20801740.html

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:28
Siedah Garrett On Writing Michael Jackson’s ‘Man In The Mirror’: I Couldn’t Write A ‘Oh Baby Baby [Song]‘

By Billy Johnson, Jr. | Hip-Hop Media Training – 6 hours ago

<iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fscreen.yahoo.com%2Fsiedah-garrett-on-michael-jackson-s-man-in-the-mirror-30621274.html&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&browseCarouselUI=hide&vid=30621274&repeat=0 (Archiv-Version vom 21.09.2012)"></iframe>

Siedah Garrett, who wrote the lyrics for Michael Jackson's No. 1 hit "Man In The Mirror" and is a featured vocalist on the song, still remembers the day she penned the reflective record 25 years ago for the King Of Pop's Bad album that is being reissued as a special edition this week.

Garrett, who went on to record as a solo artist and write smashes for the likes of Tevin Campbell and Jennifer Hudson, said she immediately knew she had something great. "I called Quincy [Jones] and said, 'Dude, Glen [Ballard] and I have written a great song.' He said, 'Great, great. So turn it into the publishing office, and I'll hear it on Monday.' I said, 'Nope. No. Quincy. Let me just drop off the cassette [now]'," Garrett said during an interview with Yahoo! Music.

siedah-michael-jpg 232616

Within a week, Jackson, who preferred to write his own material, was in the studio recording the track that he would later use to close out his concert tours. When he died in 2009, his estate played the song at the conclusion of his memorial.

When Jones assigned a group of songwriters the task to write one last song for Bad, Garrett knew she needed to come up with something powerful. "I couldn't write a 'oh baby baby [song].' It couldn't be a run-of-the-mill idea," she said. "He had such a huge platform. He had the eyes and the ears and attention of the entire planet, so I wanted to offer him something to say to the world, not knowing if he would get it, not knowing if it would get past Quincy."

Jackson told Garrett that "Man In The Mirror" and John Lennon's "Imagine" were his favorite songs. His chemistry with Garrett was so strong that he invited her to duet with him on another Bad single, "I Just Can't Stop Lovin' You." Garrett pays homage to Jackson on her new song, "Keep On Loving You."

Garrett last saw Jackson a month before he died, during auditions for his London tour, This Is It, where she ironically sang, "Man In The Mirror."

Garrett said she misses the way he valued his colleagues. "Here's the essence of his genius," she said. "Whenever he found someone whose artistry he respected, he studied that person and would take the good of what they do and internalize and tweak, twist and flip it, and make it his own. So whenever you were in his presence, and he respected you as a talent, he made you feel as if he had as much to learn from you as you did from him. Oh my God. That was the biggest lessen that I learned from him."

http://ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hip-hop-media-training/siedah-garrett-writing-michael-jackson-man-mirror-couldn-233618345.html

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:37
Anschutz puts sports and entertainment empire up for sale

By Peter Lauria and Ronald Grover
NEW YORK/LOS ANGELES | Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01am EDT

(Reuters) - U.S. conglomerate Anschutz Co said on Tuesday it wants to sell its sports and entertainment unit, whose assets range from teams like the Los Angeles Kings hockey franchise to concert venues such as London's famous O2 arena -- in a potential multi-billion dollar sale.

Such a deal may be one of the biggest for Anschutz's owner and fabled dealmaker Denver billionaire Phillip Anschutz, and could draw the interest of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) owns some 100 entertainment venues globally, the L.A. Galaxy soccer team and a stake in the L.A. Lakers basketball team in addition to the L.A. Kings. A sale could fetch several billions of dollars, said one person with has done business with the company.

It is not clear, however, if Anschutz will decide to sell all or part of its holdings.

Potential buyers could include John Malone's Liberty Media Corp and News Corp, which is splitting its publishing and entertainment assets later this year, said a separate source, a financial executive who has been briefed on the company's status but is not part of the deal.

Neither company has made a formal bid, however.

News Corp declined to comment while representatives from Liberty Media were not immediately available for comment.

A sale to Malone's Liberty Media would have regulatory hurdles. Liberty owns a 21 percent stake in Live Nation Entertainment, which is the nation's biggest show promoter while AEG's concert division, AEG Live is the second-largest.

Anschutz Co has retained Blackstone Advisory Partners as its financial advisor to assist in the sale process.

This is not the first time that Anschutz has explored a sale of some or all of AEG. In 2008, IAC's Ticketmaster and Cablevision Systems Corp came close to acquiring 49 percent of the AEG Live concert division for roughly $400 million. But those talks eventually broke down and Ticketmaster went on to merge with Live Nation.

Anschutz, 72, bought out his father's drilling company in 1961 and expanded into stocks, real estate and railroads.

A conservative Christian who occasionally teaches Sunday School classes, he is ranked by Forbes as the 34th richest person in the U.S. with a net worth valued at $7 billion as of October 2010.

One of his earliest deals came in 1968 when one of his Wyoming wells caught fire. Anschutz struck a deal with Universal Pictures to allow them to film his burning oil well for $100,000 and use it for a film the studio was making about famed fire fighter Red Adair.

For more than a decade he has concentrated on building his entertainment holdings and also co-founded Major League Soccer.

"This is an appropriate time to transition AEG to a new qualified owner. This process represents a unique opportunity to maximize value for all concerned," said Cannon Harvey, president of Anschutz Co, in a statement.

AEG has transformed the once largely abandoned downtown Los Angeles into a bustling entertainment destination, hosting the Staples Center, a twenty-thousand-seat arena, and the vibrant L.A. Live promenade, which are almost entirely owned by AEG.

AEG is also planning a $1.2 billion football stadium that would house a NFL team that would move from another city.

The company's AEG Live unit was the promoter behind the "This Is It" comeback tour that Michael Jackson was about to embark on before he died. It is still embroiled in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Katherine Jackson, the singer's mother, in which she accuses the company of being responsible for medical decisions made by Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, that caused his death.

AEG Live last week dropped a separate lawsuit it filed seeking a $17.5 million insurance claim payment from Lloyds of London to reimburse upfront costs they incurred to stage the "This Is It" tour.

(Additional reporting by Paritosh Bansal in New York and Sue Zeidler in Los Angeles; Editing by Mary Milliken and Edwina Gibbs)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/19/us-aeg-anschutz-idUSBRE88H1FN20120919 (Archiv-Version vom 19.09.2012)

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:37
Anschutz says it may sell entertainment subsidiary

POSTED: 09/19/2012 12:01:00 AM MDTBy Andy Vuong and Ricardo Baca

Denver-based Anschutz Co. said Tuesday that is pursuing a sale of its sports-and-entertainment empire, Anschutz Entertainment Group.

The AEG subsidiary, based in Los Angeles, could be valued at several billion dollars, according to the Wall Street Journal, which first reported that Anschutz is considering the sale. AEG properties and interests include No. 2 concert promoter AEG Live, the Los Angeles Kings hockey team, the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team and the Coachella music festival.

Anschutz is a holding company with a wide range of assets and investments. It is controlled by billionaire Philip Anschutz, who started in the oil and gas business and is founder of Denver-based Qwest, the telecommunications giant acquired by CenturyLink in 2011. AEG's real estate holdings include L.A. LIVE campus anchored by the Staples Center and Nokia Theater in Los Angeles and The O2 in London.

"This is an appropriate time to transition AEG to a new qualified owner," Anschutz president Cannon Harvey said in a statement. "This process represents a unique opportunity to maximize value for all concerned."

Anschutz has retained as financial advisors Blackstone Advisory Partners, which recently managed the auction of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

While AEG Live has thrived in Denver since it opened offices in Anschutz's hometown in 2006, overtaking Live Nation as the No. 1 promoter in Colorado and boosting Red Rocks Amphitheatre to the biggest and busiest season in its history in 2012, the company has also seen its share of struggles.
Its efforts locally to create a major destination music festival ended after three years of the Mile High Music Festival failed to take root and find Coachella-styled success. AEG-owned Coachella is the country's most popular large-scale music festival.

Internationally, the company was sued by Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson, in September 2010. Her lawsuit, expected to go to trial next year, claims the promoter didn't properly supervise physician Conrad Murray, convicted of involuntary manslaughter for Jackson's 2009 death.

Though entertainment has been a growing part of Anschutz's portfolio, the company has continued to focus on more traditional assets, as well.

Anschutz recently acquired an array of assets that includes the Broadmoor hotel , the nearby Manitou & Pike's Peak Railway Co. and the Oklahoman newspaper. That purchase also included water rights in the Greenland open space in Douglas County.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_21576496/anschutz-says-it-may-sell-entertainment-subsidiary

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:44
weiterer Gesprächsverlauf unter
https://twitter.com/MJJJusticePrjct (Archiv-Version vom 25.01.2012)

MJJJusticeProject ‏@MJJJusticePrjct
Another great review of BAD25 release - You Know It - http://www.themortonreport.com/entertainment/music/music-review-michael-jackson-bad-25-25th-anniversary-edition-3-cd1-dvd/ (Archiv-Version vom 21.09.2012)
10:24 PM - 18 Sep 12

melden

19.09.2012 um 08:46
Randy Jackson Jr. ‏@randyjacksonjr
@ParisJackson lol Paris has an army bro... hide! @realobee..hide!!! the hates coming!!! haha
6:11 PM - 18 Sep 12

melden

19.09.2012 um 09:06
Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
http://www.arnoldwklein.com/?p=1174 I know to much about Michael Jackson's death so let's.....
10:10 PM - 18 Sep 12

illegally withholding medication : How to get rid of a doctor who knows too much about the death of Michael Jackson.

Posted on September 18, 2012 by AWKMD

As you might not know I am 67 year old very highly respected physician who is recognized for founding the field of cosmetic dermatology, raising over $300 million for AIDS Research, millions for breast cancer. Also I was involved in the discovery of the first human gene. Additionally I developed many of the therapeutic use of botulinum toxin in neurologic diseases and funded the work that found protease inhibitors which changed the face of AIDS. All this and not a single law enforcement agency or lawyer I contacted or hired responded to my reports of Elder Abuse, Fraud, Identity theft and embezzlement as is required by law. Furthermore as I said I presently feel like a nursing home captive of a ruthless trustee who has discontinued my vital medication waiting for me to expire so he can take possession of everything for which I worked my entire life! From the enclose documents you can see that the lack of action by law enforcement and faulty advice from lawyers caused me to seek protection in bankruptcy court. Reports were made to:

1)The Beverly Hills Police
2)The Laguna Beach Police and most recently
3) Police Officer Don Hrycyk (Art Cop)
4) Palm Springs PD

What concerns me most is the recent total mishandling of my situation by Officer Hrycyk of the LAPD. As Officer Hrycyk was well aware I had spent over 100 hours and close to $10,00.00 attempting to retrieve a painting “American Jesus”by David LaChapelle after it was stolen. David had given me this painting for services rendered. Not only did I show the officer a receipt that clearly indicated my medical corporation owned this painting, I also showed him a notice that this painting was sent by my insurer Chartis to Mr LaChapelle for repair after a severe house fire which almost took my life as well as the lives of my entire family .David Lachapelle had refused to return the painting even though the painting was valued at $500,000.00 and the repair was merely $4000.00. I made Officer Hrycyk well aware that Chartis insurance had refused to deal with Mr LaChapelle’s theft of my painting as as well as almost all the damage to the art, furnishings and residence at 553 S. Windsor ( for which I am totally insured and they are the responsible to pay.) I showed Officer Hrycyk reports in regard to
the theft, embezzlement, predatory lending, attempted homicide, identity theft and fraud that had occurred due to the behavior of my accountant, Muhammad Khilji, and my office manager, Jason Roger Pfeiffer. I showed Officer Hrycyk reports of how my my investment accounts were raided, bank accounts were opened in my name without my knowledge and then pilfered and how my assets were jeopardized. As I discussed with Officer Hrycyk multiple documents were forged, altered or signed under false pretenses. Furthermore, as outlined in the complaint this was compounded by the revelation that several financial and banking institutions failed to exercise due care in connection with my accounts. I had filed this with the Beverly Hills Police and Laguna Police and explained to him this is a very serious example of elder abuse covered by the Elder Abuse Theft/embezzlement law (AB 129 Blumenthal.) Subsequently Mr. Hrycyk retrieved my painting then told me he had to hold this painting to discuss this situation with the District Attorney of LA. I assumed he was going to discuss the criminal acts that had resulted in me seeking protection in bankruptcy court as well as the Elder Abuse. Instead Officer Hrycyk illegally released my corporate property (the painting) to the trustee (Bradley Sharp) who has absolutely no right to claim ownership of any corporate items:

1) This painting is owned by my corporatatiom and is not personal property. . Mr. Hrycyk has assisted in the theft of my property and has committed a serious felony by giving this to the Trustee of my personal estate

2) The trustee and my bankruptcy attorney
have illegally withheld my SSI(Social Security) causing an emergency
hospitalization . My Blood pressure went to high I could have had a stroke which is what they wanted I am sure. furthermore the Trustee is holding proceeds from a Bonhams sale of at least 150,000.00 of which the majority were corporate Items( A Bentley owned by Cher and a Painting of Elizabeth Taylor by Vik Muniz. I need to these funds to buy medication for mysel and office supplies. Furthermore Bonham’s an auction house you should never trust sold two my items at over 100,00 under reserve.

3) Chartis my insurance company has committed serious insurance fraud of
by refusing to cover my alternative living
expenses (ALE) which have no limit according
to my policy,Furthermore Bradley Sharp has
been active in this eviction process. He must cease
this at once and Chartis must continue my ale

4)lead contamination(of which I warned Chartis in
November of 2010) has totally halted the
rebuilding of my residence at 553 S Windsor Blvd.
However this is in truth ridiculous…..Lead contamination can easily be
cleaned in one area in two days.My residence
is a very significant historic building in
Los Angeles once occupied by the Wrigley family.
Though my art ,furnishings and home are
covered totally by insurance to an amount
close to $20 million dollars Chartis has continually refused to pay for structural
repair, payment of the totally destroyed art ,
furnishings ( $4 million dollars if not more)
payment for an architect and payment
for an engineer. Windsor Square is a Los Angeles
historic overlay zone and buildings must be kept in
line with the area. My great concern is Bradley Sharp
wants to turn my home into a Levittown-like \
house.. Furthermore many of the items in the
house were gifts services rendered which I will
refer to again. In regard to art and decor I
frequently trade for services rendered,
The $300,000.00 stereo system in my Windsor
house was a gift from Michael Jackson.

4) Bradley Sharp the trustee has also illegally attempted to pilfer primarily corporate possessions from the recent auction held at Bonham’s auction This sale contained many extremely expensive and uniques items which are totally unaccounted for
These include:

1)A mask of Brook Shields by Robert Graham $60,000.00
2)A walking-stick owned by Hallie Selassie given to me by Michael Jackson $200,000.00
3)A Maquette of Michael and Bubbles by Jeff Koons $400,000.00
4)Feathered Masks from Paris, Prince and Blanket

I would feel a total accounting of the items from this auction is necessay and those items owned by the corporation returned to me

5)As I now know I was ill advised
after the state did not respond to my initial reports
of elder abuse to seek protection in bankruptcy court.
Since entering Bankruptcy Court I once again experienced Elder Abuse in that both
Judge Richard Neiter and my personal Attorney David Neale hold stock in Private Bank of California, which is the venue through which most of my funds have been embezzled. From the power of Attorney documents it is obvious the accounts at this bank were opened illegally without my signature or a notary. Furthermore an evaluation of Private Bank of California’s Behavior clearly shows bank fraud and the purchase of Private Bank by another financial institution is currently under investigation. In bankruptcy court Judge Neiter is required by Federal Judicial Guidlines to recuse himself.. What he did was far worse. Instead he failed at first to admit he had stock in Private Bank and swiftly appointed a trustee without one of my adversarial cases ever being heard. According to Federal Law in 1994,
the U.S. Supreme Court held that “Disqualification is required if an objective observer would entertain reasonable questions about the judge’s impartiality.”

Finally, Muhammad Khilji and Jason Pfeiffer who
1) pilfered my retirement funds of over 6 million dollars
2) made clearly fraudulent predatory loans on my homes in Los Angeles and Laguna Beach
3) forged settlements with drug companies for which I did
research
4)Stole art and memorabilia from my homes
5) Opened accounts at Excel Bank, Private Bank of California and removed massive amounts of money from these accounts.
6) illegally withdrew money from City National Bank as well as made loans there.
7) Attempted to kill me by overdosing me on Coumadin
Illegally changed my will with Attorney Todd Gallinger.Gallinger who is the West Coast head of CAIR (Council oo American Islamic Relationships) which is a Muslim Brotherhood affiliate related to Hamas.

Contrary to what you read in Vanity Evil this is a massive example of Elder Abuse which has was never been properly addressed by the authorities. It in reality requires immediate attention by the State of California.

while the trustee wants to use an art appraiser who list her main occupation as housewide this can and will not happen. Many of the art and furnishings are owned by corporation ev were traded for services rendered. These are not available for sale. These include items by:

1)John Baldessari
2)Herb R. Ritts
3)Robert Mapplethorpe
4)Michael Taylor
5)Roy Lichtenstein
6Guy and Laddie Dill
7)Steve Meisel
8)Bruce Webber
9)Elsworth Kelly
10)Angelo Dongia
11) Frank Gehry
12) Ann Miller(Indian and Pre-Columbian pieces)
13)Jean-Michel Basquiat
14) Michael Jackson
15)Eizabeth Taylor(Matisse.Manet)
16) Gianni Versace

9) even though i have sold one car owned by my corporation I fail to see why i must sell another. Also I have firm evidence that Jason and Muhanmad stole two of my cars.

10)In regard to the Laguna Beach property I have had over $400,000.00 worth of Claims with Chartis.This includes damage to the structure. The Trustee is now trying to sell this house. Furthermore the realtor they chose has listed my Laguna home at 8.5 million dollars which is at least 1.5 -2 million dollars below market value.
If you review the current Elder Abuse law as it stands in California and recent laws Governor Brown sponsored on Predatory lending the are all directed at stopping what i am experiencing.

Finally wth the vast number of lawyers,judges and trustees with an interest in Private Bank of California and the ridiculous manner in which my case was bifurcated the thought of Rico is real.. In that President Obama was very well aware of the illegal behavior of Private Bank of California one wonders why he did not act. As a final note John Branca’s law firm(The lawyer who controls the Jackson Estate) occupies two seats on the board of directors of Private Bank
Enough Said. Arnold Klein MD

274 million copyOriginal anzeigen (0,4 MB)

http://www.arnoldwklein.com/?p=1174

Anzeige

melden