Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

MJ~Leben u. Sterben~u das Geschehen danach!

23.746 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Mord, Michael Jackson, Verurteilung ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

19.09.2012 um 09:14
Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
Michael Jackson - Come Together (Michael Jackson's Vision): Youtube: Michael Jackson - Come Together (Official Video)
Michael Jackson - Come Together (Official Video)
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.
via @Youtube we must as a country
8:45 AM - 18 Sep 12
Anm.: Leider nur mit Proxy anzuschauen !!!!!
Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
Michael Jackson - Speed Demon (Michael Jackson's Vision): Youtube: Michael Jackson - Speed Demon (Official Video)
Michael Jackson - Speed Demon (Official Video)
Externer Inhalt
Durch das Abspielen werden Daten an Youtube übermittelt und ggf. Cookies gesetzt.
via @Youtube watch
8:43 AM - 18 Sep 12

Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand Duet ft. Akon: Youtube: Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon) (Official Video) ft. Akon
Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon) (Official Video) ft. Akon
Externer Inhalt
via @Youtube Rare Piece
8:42 AM - 18 Sep 12
Anm.: Leider nur mit Proxy anzuschauen !!!!!
Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
michael jackson charity song what more can i give: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7baeBy7E-w (Video: michael jackson charity song what more can i give) via @youtubegive 110%
8:40 AM - 18 Sep 12
Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
http://www.arnoldwklein.com/?p=1183 (Archiv-Version vom 27.03.2016) Michael told me never to forget who I am !
8:35 AM - 18 Sep 12
Arnold Klein ‏@awkmd
http://www.arnoldwklein.com/?p=1166 Michael Jackson and Bank fraud at Private Bank of California
12:49 AM - 18 Sep 12

Anzeige
melden

19.09.2012 um 09:30

normal kopkidsss017Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)
normal kopkidsss017852587Original anzeigen (0,2 MB)
normal 762544-paris-jackson-637x0-2
normal kopkidsexcluuu
normal kopkidsexcluuu 28229
normal kopkidsexcluuu 28429

melden
melden

19.09.2012 um 13:05
Owner of Staples Center and Los Angeles Kings is put up for sale

By Walter Hamilton
September 18, 2012, 5:45 p.m.

The company that owns the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles is being put up for sale. (Lori Shepler / Los Angeles Times / September 18, 2012)

The company that owns the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Kings announced late Tuesday it is being put up for sale, sparking a potential billion-dollar bidding war for some of the sports and entertainment world's glitziest properties.

The Anschutz Co., run by Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz, said it is seeking a buyer for its AEG subsidiary, which also has stakes in the L.A. Live entertainment venue in downtown Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Kings professional hockey team and the Los Angeles Galaxy pro soccer team.

It's unclear how far along the process is or whether any likely buyers have emerged.

If a deal goes through, it would mark the second blockbuster sports transaction in Southern California this year, following the $2.15-billion purchase of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team by Guggenheim Baseball Management. That was a world-record price for a sports franchise.

“Given the success of the management team and employees in establishing AEG as one of the premier real estate development, live sports and entertainment platforms in the world, as well as the value AEG has created with the strategic assets that comprise its platform, this is an appropriate time to transition AEG to a new qualified owner," said Cannon Y. Harvey, Anschutz Co. president.

The AEG unit is pursuing plans to build a professional football stadium next to the Staples Center in hopes that it would serve as the future home of an NFL team.

Follow Walter Hamilton on Twitter @LATwalter

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-anschutz-aeg-sale-20120918,0,754304.story

s. a.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-aeg-jackson-20120902,0,6711027.story

melden

19.09.2012 um 13:18
19.09.2012 International

AEG inklusive AEG Live kommt unter den Hammer

AEG-inklusive-AEG-Live-kommt-unter-den-H
Auch das The o2 in London ist vom Verkauf von AEG Live betroffen (Foto: AEG Live/The o2)

Denver/Los Angeles - Philip Anschutz, Eigner der Anschutz Corporation, plant angeblich, AEG inklusive AEG Live, der weltweit zweiterfolgreichste Player im Live-Geschäft, für rund sieben Milliarden US-Dollar zu verkaufen. Es soll bereits mehrere Interessenten geben.

Denver/Los Angeles - Philip Anschutz, Eigner der Anschutz Corporation, plant angeblich, AEG inklusive AEG Live, der weltweit zweiterfolgreichste Player im Live-Geschäft, für rund sieben Milliarden US-Dollar zu verkaufen. Es soll bereits mehrere Interessenten geben.

AEG Live ist weltweit hinter Live Nation an Rang zwei der erfolgreichsten Veranstalter und hat 2011 Einnahmen in Höhe von 798 Millionen US-Dollar erzielt. Zudem betreibt AEG Live einige der beliebtesten und erfolgreichsten Spielstätten weltweit, etwa das Staples Center in Los Angeles sowie die o2 Arenen in London, Hamburg und Berlin. Desweiteren hat AEG Live Beteiligungen an Sportteams wie den L.A. Lakers, den L.A. Kings und L.A. Galaxy. Als Veranstalter ist AEG Live unter anderem für das "Coachella Festival" und das "New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival" zuständig und hätte die Konzertserie von Michael Jackson im The o2 in London veranstaltet und hat die Tribute-Show mit der Jackson-Familie organisiert. http://www.musikmarkt.de/Aktuell/News/AEG-Live-spricht-mit-Jackson-Familie-ueber-Tribute-Show

Cannon Y. Harvey, President von Anschutz, betont, dass es bei dem Verkauf wichtig ist, dass der neue Eigner die finanziellen Rücklagen, das Engagement und die Vision hat, AEGs Management-Team bei der Weiterentwicklung des Unternehmens zu unterstützen. Zudem soll der Verkauf das Tagesgeschäft bei AEG so wenig wie möglich stören. Näheres hat der Anschutz-Konzern noch nicht verraten. Als Finanzberater soll Blackstone Advisory Partners angeheuert worden sein.

http://www.musikmarkt.de/Aktuell/News/AEG-inklusive-AEG-Live-kommt-unter-den-Hammer (Archiv-Version vom 27.09.2012)

melden

19.09.2012 um 14:48
Michael Jackson's 'Bad' Just Wasn't That Good

SEP 19 2012, 8:15 AM ET

The album, which gets a 25th-anniversary re-release this week, is best heard not as the conclusion of a tour-de-force '80s trilogy but rather as a transitional release.

Michael-jackson-bad 615a

If we compare the three albums Quincy Jones produced for Michael Jackson to the standard Hollywood movie trilogy, how should we view Jackson's 1987 LP, Bad—reissued this week with a deluxe 25th anniversary commemorative packaging? With it following the spectacular, record-breaking success of Thriller, did Bad rise to occasion like Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith, the two grand finales in George Lucas's respective Star Wars trilogy and prequel? Or did Jackson's final collaboration with Jones fail to meet high expectations, like the Wachowskis' The Matrix Revolutions?

While common wisdom in 1987 said that outshining Thriller would be nearly impossible, Bad, to a lot of ears, lived up to the task. In Rolling Stone, Davitt Sigerson wrote that, "Comparisons with Thriller are unimportant, except this one: even without a milestone recording like 'Billie Jean,' Bad is a better record." And USA Today's Edna Gundersen argued that Bad was Jackson's "most polished effort to date." But after having the luxury of 25 years to re-evaluate the impact and enduring power of Bad in relation to his previous two LPs, I'd argue the album is more Wachowskis than Lucas. For all of Jackson's bionic upgrades, Bad was bigger and bolder, but not better.

That's not to say you can dismiss Bad as a flop. It produce five consecutive No.1 singles, debuted at the top of the Billboard charts and held that position for six weeks, and became the fifth-most-selling album in history. The album showed Jackson's growing confidence as a songwriter and as a co-producer; he wrote nine of the 11 songs on the album by himself. And he proactively looked for ways to push his sound to the then-cutting edge of mainstream pop and R&B mainly through the use of the synclavier, other synthesizers, and drum programming, resulting in a sleeker, sometimes sinister soundscapes that were far more aggressive-sounding than the analog grooves on Thriller and Off the Wall.

Jackson also delivered some of the best music videos in history with Bad, specifically the Martin Scorsese-directed long-form cinematic piece for the title track, the noir-ish "Smooth Criminal" directed by Colin Chilvers, and the self-aware, middle-finger fantasia "Let Me Alone," directed by Jim Blashfield and Paul Diener.

Youtube: Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (Official Video)
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal (Official Video)
Externer Inhalt

But for all of Bad's explosive power, it inevitably disappointed because it didn't equal or surpassed the magic of Thriller. Jackson fueled much of that letdown himself, though. Unlike his major rival, Prince, who followed up his career-defining 1984 LP, Purple Rain, by taking a hard left with the soul-psychedelic romp on Around the World in a Day, Jackson in interviews more often expressed Olympian commercial goals of breaking the sales records of his previous album than he did of pursuing new musical territory. And very much like how many filmmakers of blockbusters beef up defining fight scenes and plotlines, Jackson conspicuously restaged and amplified Thriller's signature moments with perfectionist's precision, making Bad sound sterile in too many places.

Similarities between the strategies for Bad and Thriller were glaring from the start. Both albums were preceded by anodyne ballad duets as the first singles. So instead of Paul McCartney on Thriller's "The Girl Is Mine," Jackson crooned alongside Siedah Garrett on "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," a listless pop confection that Jackson had originally intended to sing with either Whitney Houston or Barbara Streisand. While the single did indeed reach No. 1 on the charts, it never shared the heavy rotation of some of Jackson's other hits.

The parallels continued with the second single "Bad." The splendidly filmed, acted, and danced video picked up some of the sentiments from Thriller's "Beat It" as Jackson reprised his role of a dancing, urban warrior in a West Side Story framework. As for Eddie Van Halen's snarling rock-guitar solo on "Beat It," that spectacle was transferred to the spiteful rocker "Dirty Diana," this time with Steve Stevens grinding the forceful solo. Also on "Dirty Diana," Jackson revisited the theme of conniving women, done much better on the superior "Billie Jean" and on the Jackson's "The Place Hotel" (originally titled, "Heartbreak Hotel"). Had Bad come out only a year or two after Thriller, the obvious redundancies probably could have been chalked up as an artist building upon proven strengths. But five years and eight Grammy awards later, those songs sound calculated and corporate-minded.

Youtube: Michael Jackson - Bad (Shortened Version)
Michael Jackson - Bad (Shortened Version)
Externer Inhalt

Bad also has stretches of dangerously forgettable filler, despite the high-end production. Does anymore remember his duet with Stevie Wonder on "Just Good Friends?" Better yet, was there any real reason why the song needed such a high-priced guest appearance? Other glossy padding included the turbo-charged "Speed Demon," the breezy "Liberian Girl," and the taut "Another Part of Me." Except for "Just Good Friends," all of these songs were released as singles. They hit the charts but are now hardly played. Perhaps the best indication of how inferior these songs were to say Thriller's third-string singles like "Human Nature" and "PYT" is the video for "Liberian Girl," which arrived overloaded with celebrity cameo appearances from the likes of John Travolta, Jasmine Guy, Paula Abdul, Whoopi Goldberg, and many others. Watching it 25 years later, the video recalls Brett Ratner's mishaps made on X-Men III: The Last Stand in which the filmmakers overstuffed the movie with too many mutants and too little solid material.

Bad reached its highest marks with the anthemic "Man in the Mirror" (arguably the album's emotional centerpiece), the instantly catchy "The Way You Made Me Feel" and the suspenseful "Smooth Criminal." Much of the success of the songs comes from Jackson sounding less concerned about nailing a hit that would outdo his previous works than he is with the sheer of singing great tunes. As for the videos, there's no disputing the ingenuity of Vincent Paterson and Jeffrey Daniel's choreography for the video of "Smooth Criminal" or the harrowing, if mysterious, storyline.

But whereas Bad falters as a successor to Thriller—the Herculean task of that is duly noted—the album makes for a fascinating transitional record to Jackson's 1991 album, Dangerous, particularly in its sonic design. Producing the album himself with Bill Bottrell, Jackson found a powerful ally on Dangerous in Teddy Riley, whose streamlined, digitized "New Jack Swing" rhythms dominated R&B in the early-'90s. The hot-ice beats on songs like "Bad," "Speed Demon," and "Smooth Criminal" hinted at Jackson's exploration into New Jack Swing and hip-hop.

As for the 25th deluxe package, it's not the extra disc of previously unreleased material recorded during the making of Bad that makes it must-have. It's the DVD of his 1988 concert at Wimbley. A year prior, Jackson embarked on his first solo tour. His showmanship and dancing were top-notch as was the stage production. Yet as dazzling as Jackson's live performance was, there were still some ho-hum moments. Most of them, of course, came when he sang material from Bad.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/09/michael-jacksons-bad-just-wasnt-that-good/262551/

melden

20.09.2012 um 07:56
https://twitter.com/ParisJackson (Archiv-Version vom 09.11.2012)

Billy Corgan ‏@billy
@ParisJackson I like you more and more! You'll have to come see us when we play. Not sure where you are but we'll hook you up for passes
Retweetet von Paris Jacksoη
9:57 PM - 19 Sep 12
>
Paris Jacksoη ‏@ParisJackson
@billy well they're crazy haha that's one of my favorites((:
9:52 PM - 19 Sep 12
Billy Corgan ‏@billy
@ParisJackson I'm glad you liked that cover! Not everyone likes that album haha
9:51 PM - 19 Sep 12
>
@billy @__cuppcake ohmygod thank you!!!
9:46 PM - 19 Sep 12
Billy Corgan ‏@billy
"@__cuppcake: @billy have you seen @ParisJackson 's smashing pumpkins fan art? Its really good! http://web.stagram.com/p/283995094752364745_12597753 (Archiv-Version vom 23.09.2012) …" PRETTY COOL ;)
9:36 PM - 19 Sep 12
i've officially gotten @spencernicolee into 195O's swing… all thanks to electro-swing… so thank you @brattyb423!!!!
9:05 PM - 19 Sep 12
that guy on x-factor singing With You…… i died laughing!! the judges just got up and walked away LMFAO
8:50 PM - 19 Sep 12
aww what a beautiful girl @spencernicolee http://instagr.am/p/PyFOQ8Kwnr/
addd8d Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-20 um 07.4Original anzeigen (0,4 MB)
8:46 PM - 19 Sep 12
my masterpiece❤ [smashing pumpkins cover art] http://instagr.am/p/Pw9Ai0qwjJ/
7c2c2704027d11e2a31922000a1fbcdc 7
0:15 AM - 19 Sep 12
people take life for granted.
Menschen halten das Leben für selbstverständlich.
7:42 AM - 19 Sep 12
<3
7:05 AM - 19 Sep 12
talk about being lucky… i'm so freakin blessed , i swear .
7:05 AM - 19 Sep 12
we don't even care as restless as we are , we feel the pull in the land of a thousand guilts & poured cement , lamented , & assured .
6:58 AM - 19 Sep 12
>
Song "1979" von The Smashing Pumpkins
http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/170/

melden

20.09.2012 um 08:04
ein weiteres Video aus der "What DID happen on June 25th?" von LunaJo67 ...

What DID happen on June 25th? Part 71 "Wedding Aniversary & June 4th"
Youtube: MICHAEL JACKSON: Pt 64 "Jackson Wedding Anniversary & June 4th" (What DID happen on June 25th?)
MICHAEL JACKSON: Pt 64 "Jackson Wedding Anniversary & June 4th" (What DID happen on June 25th?)
Externer Inhalt
Veröffentlicht am 18.09.2012 von LunaJo67
Another part in the series about the events surrounding Michael Jackson's life and death.
Summary: Things do NOT add up! But why...?

melden

20.09.2012 um 08:16
ℳմz♪ʞғact๏rƴ₮ωσ ‏@MUZIKfactoryTWO
@MJCB_Junky Lookie my profile. @twitter added a new feature called "header" it's under your design
11:10 PM - 19 Sep 12
@jermjackson5 SHOULD BE DUCT-TAPED OR MUZZLED. HERE'S Y Youtube: In Jermaine's Own Words
In Jermaine's Own Words
Externer Inhalt

9:16 PM - 19 Sep 12

melden

20.09.2012 um 08:30
https://twitter.com/MJJJusticePrjct (Archiv-Version vom 25.01.2012)

MJJJusticeProject ‏@MJJJusticePrjct
@Coleen4MJ Jermaine didn't show for his deposition and AEG is after him? Really.. how did this news story escape me? link?
9:07 AM - 19 Sep 12
>
MJ4evermore ‏@Coleen4MJ
@MJJJusticePrjct yep and now AEG is after him. He didn't turn up for his deposition. Why is he hiding?
8:51 AM - 19 Sep 12
MJJJusticeProject ‏@MJJJusticePrjct
Follow @JosVogel1 <---- In depth, study of the Michael Jackson ..
8:30 AM - 19 Sep 12
Joe Vogel ‏@JoeVogel1
In case you missed it -- My 3-part series on Bad 25: Pt 1: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/09/how-michael-jackson-made-bad/262162/ … Pt 2 http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/09/abortion-fame-and-bad-listening-to-michael-jacksons-unreleased-demos/262242/ … Pt 3: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-vogel/michael-jackson-wembley_b_1871878.html … #MJ
Retweetet von MJJJusticeProject
2:09 PM - 17 Sep 12
Joe Vogel ‏@JoeVogel1
BAD 25 Shines Light on Michael Jackson’s Most Underrated Album, Era, And Competitive Obsessions http://shar.es/uAolj
11:35 AM - 18 Sep 12
Joe Vogel ‏@JoeVogel1
Studying Michael Jackson http://p.ost.im/p/djj5XD
10:29 PM - 18 Sep 12

46248b Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-20 um 08.2Original anzeigen (0,4 MB)This year also saw the publication of a special issue on Michael Jackson (Michael Jackson: Musical Subjectivities) in the academic journal, Popular Music & Society, edited by Dr. Susan Fast and Dr. Stan Hawkins. It contains some really fascinating essays (listed below). You can learn more about how to purchase a copy here. (I used the Warwick essay for my class at the University of Rochester last spring).

“You Rocked Our World Michael: Your Looks, Your Moves, Everthing! By Stan Hawkins
“The Sound of Crossover,” By Anne Danielsen
“Black or White: Michael Jackson and the Idea of Crossover” By David Brackett
“Michael Jackson’s Ressentiment: Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal in Conversation with Fred Astaire” By Amir Khan
“They Don’t Care About Us: Michael Jackson’s Black Nationalism” By Brian Rossiter
“When You Have to Say I Do: Orientalism in Michael Jackson’s Liberian Girl” By Jeremy Faust
“You Can’t Win, Child, But You Can’t Get out of the Game: Michael Jackson’s Transition from Child Star to Super Star” by Jacqueline Warwick
“Michael Jackson and the Power of Voice-Produced Sound” By Mats Johansson
“Michael Jackson’s Queer Musical Belongings” By Susan Fast
Dr. Susan Fast, who some of you might remember from her excellent piece on Jackson following his death (“Difference That Exceeded Understanding),” also recently informed me that she will be publishing a book on Jackson’s Dangerous album as part of the critically-acclaimed series 33 1/3 from Bloomsbury Press. It will be the first book in the series on a Michael Jackson album. Here is a summary from the publisher:

Dangerous can be viewed as Michael Jackson’s coming of age album, a grand claim to make given that many think his best work lay behind him by the time this record was made. It offers Jackson on a threshold, finally inhabiting adulthood and doing so through an immersion in black music that would continue to deepen through the remainder of his career, yet unable to convince a skeptical public that he was either adult or interested in his black heritage. In fact, it is in the wake of Dangerous, in the wake of his bold new direction, that Jackson’s tragic downfall began. Jackson struggles with weighty stuff on this record—love and lust, politics, and race—in ways unseen before; he gives us a darker, less childishly optimistic vision of the world, one based more in realism than his characteristic theatricality, one in which he is emotionally wrenched. Significant as this turning point in Jackson’s career may be, the album is one of his least celebrated. It is precisely with this record, precisely when he enters maturity, that his differences become intolerable and that a critical blindness towards his music takes hold. This book offers a fresh look at Dangerous, suggesting it as a concept album with a compelling narrative arc of uncertainty, anger, and betrayal—spiritual, physical, emotional, and political. The analysis moves between song and the social, taking up issues such as postmodernity and blackness; black dandyism; age, generation and race; and Jackson’s challenge to the norms of American sexuality. One wise critic (Jon Dolan) compared the album to Nirvana’s Nevermind, writing that “Jackson’s dread, depression and wounded-child sense of good and evil have more in common with Kurt Cobain than anyone took the time to notice.” This book seeks to explore Jackson’s artistic/political vision on the album, one so challenging to American normal, it could be argued, that it set the wheels of his spectacular fall from grace into motion.

See the 33 1/3 website for a list of books in the series: http://33third.blogspot.com/

Finally, for those who missed the initial announcement, my friend Zack O’Malley Greenburg, a staff writer at Forbes and the author of a critically-acclaimed biography on Jay-Z, is hard at work on a book focused on Jackson’s business career, entitled Michael Jackson, Inc. You can read more about it here. Zack does his research and is a writer of great intelligence and integrity. The outline I saw looks very promising.

Too bad the book isn’t already written since another course is being offered this semester at Clark Atlanta University (Michael Jackson: The Business of Music) in the MBA program.

Update: I was reminded that another collection of essays, Michael Jackson: Grasping the Spectacle, comes out this month. I haven’t had a chance to read it so for those who have, let me know what you think.

http://www.joevogel.net/studying-michael-jackson (Archiv-Version vom 21.09.2012)

melden

20.09.2012 um 08:35
TJ Jackson ‏@tjjackson
I just left one of my all time favorite stores. It was 20 years ago at a BN in New York where my Uncle Micha http://instagr.am/p/PlPFiGligm/
0d87fa58feea11e1a31922000a1cddf1 7
9:10 PM - 14 Sep 12

gepostet bei Instagram >tjjackson9: I just left one of my all time favorite stores. It was 20 years ago at a BN in New York where my Uncle Michael turned me into an avid reader. One of the many ways he changed my life. 5d

melden

20.09.2012 um 08:40
neue Bilder, die Paris bei Instagram gepostet hat ...

Paris: late night calls with the hubby(:
89479aa602e911e2a31922000a1fbcdc 7

Paris: uhmm duane , since when are you on X-Factor ? lmfao @duaneervin
9d58e54602d911e282a722000a1cbb37 7

melden

20.09.2012 um 08:50
https://twitter.com/Ivy_4MJ (Archiv-Version vom 17.01.2014)

Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ
And they have to pay the debts first before they can give any money to the beneficiaries. It's the law and it's as simple as that.
3:44 PM - 19 Sep 12
Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ
Estate did NOT earn $475 M profit, they made $475 gross income. They need to pay taxes, expenses, salaries, allowances etc. from that money
3:43 PM - 19 Sep 12
Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ
sigh I still can't understand why there are people out there that doesn't understand the difference between gross income and profit.
3:42 PM - 19 Sep 12
Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ
Re AEG sale. They aren't going under or having income issues. They stand to make billions from the sale.
2:54 PM - 19 Sep 12

melden

20.09.2012 um 09:11
von Facebook ...

539626 471747189505167 2059689426 n

382469 471363839543502 2020297058 n

MJ mit Karen Faye
599681 470935076253045 1799235275 n

529399 467760389903847 183142781 n

MJ with Meryl Streep ♥
480309 467755233237696 1463779772 n

melden

20.09.2012 um 09:11
531636 470933822919837 727177329 n

melden

20.09.2012 um 09:16
582209 467752089904677 1345913457 n

529559 466032206743332 1642100915 n

376905 465271620152724 17808448 n

376863 464362090243677 264077257 n

394577 463246813688538 1021867120 nOriginal anzeigen (0,3 MB)

melden

21.09.2012 um 12:50
https://twitter.com/ParisJackson (Archiv-Version vom 09.11.2012)

forgot to post this… my pink floyd painting :o http://instagr.am/p/P0iB8nKwgG/
0d869244039511e29a4b22000a1cdf6e 7
10:26 PM - 20 Sep 12
i have the greatest guy best friend in the whole wide world💩💘
10:25 PM - 20 Sep 12
i miss you @princemjjjaxon
3:30 PM - 20 Sep 12
today my friend told me i was delusional.. i almost fell off my unicorn laughing
2:15 PM - 20 Sep 12
my latest painting (: http://instagr.am/p/Pz0rO1qwtR/
b01c8f6e035d11e2a57122000a1cf722 7
12:59 PM - 20 Sep 12
best day ever
7:42 AM - 20 Sep 12

melden

21.09.2012 um 13:04
Andy Warhol Metropolitan Museum Show Review and Photos: Michael Jackson is Not the King of Pop

Lizzie RechterinCulture,Fine Arts 18 hours ago

photo

“Regarding Warhol: Sixty Artists, Fifty Years” is currently on view at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The exhibition is divided into five categories that represent aspects of Warhol’s art: every day objects, portraiture, queer studies, seriality and appropriation, and ending with business collaboration and spectacle.

The juxtaposition between Warhol and his contemporaries is done in a way that depicts Warhol as the spark that ignited the flame that is Pop Art, or that he is the “old master” of this specific genre. We are shown works by Warhol that are engulfed by works of other artists such as Jeff Koons, Nan Goldin, Ed Ruscha, Barbara Kruger, and Damien Hirst. There are a total of 45 works by Warhol and 100 works by sixty other artists. “Regarding Warhol” successfully displayed how Warhol was the frontrunner of Pop Art and how after 25 years his style is still impacting contemporary artists.

The first section, “Daily News: From Banality to Disaster,” displays Warhol’s work in advertising, capturing the images from everyday life that flooded American culture during the 1960s. Highlights of this section include Warhol’s illustrated advertisement for “Dr. Scholl’s Corns” and his plastic surgery advertisement from the National Enquirer, “Before and After I.” Here we are shown the fundamental aspect of what Warhol is all about: hardedge, straightforward images that show no expression other than the subject choice. Juxtaposed to Warhol in this section, we find Diane Kruger’s covers for Esquire and Newsweek Magazines, “Cat Litter” (1989) by Robert Gober, and Damien Hirst’s medicine cabinet titled “Eight over Eight” (1997-98). Each of the contemporaries toy around with the idea of everyday objects seen in an artistic way and each celebrate or criticize the American’s obsession with consumerism.

Andy Warhol: Green Coca-Cola Bottles (1962):
Bild s. Website/Bericht ...

Andy Warhol: Before and After I (1961):

The exhibition continues on and around a few corners the show opens up to one of Warhol’s most popular subjects: celebrity portraiture. His fascination with the idea of celebrity is said to have begun at a young age and continued into his adulthood (he became so obsessed he even stalked Truman Capote). Here we see how Warhol takes the concept of celebrity and turns it into a consumerist idea by constantly creating new works of new celebrities, over and over again, like a machine. The celebrity is now out of the tabloids and onto a canvas (or projected onto a screen as seen in his “Film Screen Test” of Lou Reed and Nico). We learn from this portion of the exhibit that it was Warhol who inspired artists including Jeff Koons, Keith Haring, Richard Avedon and Chuck Close, to take the commercial American idols and make them into masterpieces. Important works in this section include Richard Avedon’s portrait of Truman Capote, Jeff Koons’ ceramic statue of Michael Jackson and his monkey friend, Bubbles, and Keith Haring’s portrait of Elvis Presley.

Andy Warhol: Screen Test: Nico (1966):

Jeff Koons: Michael Jackson and Bubbles (1988):
3a251e283f117878e57da7e263d99c6fOriginal anzeigen (0,5 MB)

A small portion of the exhibit was devoted to “Queer Studies: Shifting Identities.” It wasn’t as though queer issues had not been artistically expressed before, they had, but when Andy Warhol began to create works dealing with gender and sexual identity, only then did it become a much more popular subject. Robert Mapplethorpe, Nan Goldin, and Catherine Opie are a few artists who followed suit and made sexuality and sub-culture the topics of their artwork. It was as though because Warhol did it, everyone else started doing it too.

Andy Warhol: Jean-Michel Basquiat (1984):

When viewing the pieces in the section of the tour titled “Consuming Images: Appropriation, Abstraction, and Seriality” we are faced with a question about death when viewing Warhol’s “Marilyn Monroe’s Lips.” The famous silkscreen shows Monroe’s lips zipping repetitively across the canvas (created shortly after her death). Monroe’s lips, her kisses, were a symbol of sex and yet when her lips are seen in multiple, the sexiness dies out. Warhol has drained the lips of any eroticism through his use of repetition, seriality. Monroe died and her sexuality died with her. Warhol addresses an idea: Can objects and the people we obsess over – this product or identity we want – can it be over-produced to the point where it loses value and overtime, turns to trash? Every thing comes to an end.

Andy Warhol: Marilyn Monroe's Lips (1962):

The exhibit ends with Andy Warhol’s works that were done under artistic partnerships, works for magazines and film, and design. They are purely works to be enjoyed, and are aesthetically pleasing. Examples include Warhol’s 1964 acrylic silkscreen works titled, “Flowers” which are placed opposite of Jeff Koon’s “Wall Relief with Bird,” in a room that was wallpapered with Takashi Murakami designs. I was surprised not to see another work by Jean-Michele Basquiat in this section, as the two collaborated together toward the end of Warhol’s life.

Andy Warhol: Flowers (1964):
Bilde s. Website/Bericht ...

So why should you visit Regarding Warhol? In one visit you will see the crème de la crème of Warhol’s art, you’ll see most of the iconic works by today’s living artists. You will be able to see how one man was able to take every day, deadpan objects and make them sparkle and pop. This exhibition celebrates the newest “old-master” of our time, Andy Warhol, and his impact on art today.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/15044/andy-warhol-metropolitan-museum-show-review-and-photos-michael-jackson-is-not-the-king-of-pop

ähnlicher Bericht
http://view.koreaherald.com/kh/view.php?ud=20120920000609&cpv=0

melden

21.09.2012 um 13:12
Sony/ATV is selling Virgin Music & Famous UK Catalogs http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/20/us-sony-virgin-auction-idUSBRE88J1AV20120920 (Archiv-Version vom 21.09.2012)
3:49 PM - 20 Sep 12

Exclusive: Sony/ATV starts auction for Virgin Music song catalog

By Nadia Damouni and Peter Lauria
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54pm EDT

(Reuters) - Sony/ATV, the music publishing division of Sony Music, has kicked off an auction to sell the rights to more than 30,000 songs from artists ranging from Culture Club to Iggy Pop contained in the Virgin Music and Famous U.K. song catalogs, according to sources with direct knowledge of the process.

These sources said non-disclosure agreements were sent out last week to more than 20 potential buyers, including Warner Music Group, Primary Wave Music, Round Hill Music, Imagem Music, Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts & Co LP, Platinum Equity Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners and others.

The signing of non-disclosure agreements is typically required at the start of an auction process as a condition of receiving books with detailed financial data about the company being auctioned.

While a first-round bid deadline has not yet been set, the sources said they expect a deal to be valued at around $150 million.

The sale of the Virgin Music and Famous U.K. catalogs were among the concessions required by regulators in order for Sony/ATV to receive approval for its $2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing. John Branca, a partner at law firm Ziffren Brittenham who has represented Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, and others, is running the auction on behalf of Sony/ATV.

All parties mentioned above either declined comment or could not be reached for comment.

Combined, the two catalogs control the rights to more than 30,000 songs, the bulk of which are from artists who rose to prominence during the 1980s and 1990s. Included in the catalogs are rights to songs from the Culture Club, Lenny Kravitz, Goo-Goo Dolls, Iggy Pop, Tears for Fears, Fine Young Cannibals, and many others.

Music publishing catalogs can range in size from a few dozen songs to a few million. For instance, Round Hill on Tuesday acquired Arthouse Entertainment, which controlled the rights to just 150 songs from artists including Katy Perry and Cee Lo Green. By contrast, Sony/ATV, which is a joint venture of Sony Music and the estate of Michael Jackson, ranks as the record industry's largest music publishing house with the rights to more than 2 million songs.

While record labels have struggled with declining CDs sales as a result of piracy and a shift to digital distribution, music publishing companies have gained in value because they collect revenue every time a song is played in any format since they control the underlying rights to the composition.

All of the major record labels - Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and Sony Music - have publishing divisions, and a slew of independent companies such as Spirit Music Group and Primary Wave Music have cropped up in recent years to acquire the rights to song catalogs.

(Reporting By Peter Lauria and Nadia Damouni)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/20/us-sony-virgin-auction-idUSBRE88J1AV20120920 (Archiv-Version vom 21.09.2012)

melden

21.09.2012 um 13:17
Cam25 ‏@IncFilmix
The 25th Anniversary Of Bad - #MichaelJackson (French Documentary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUqS4F6O6K4 via @Youtube #Bad25
Anm.: leider nur mit Proxy anzuschauen !!!!!
12:33 AM - 21 Sep 12

Anzeige

melden