Gruppen
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

MJ~Leben u. Sterben~u das Geschehen danach!

23.746 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Mord, Michael Jackson, Verurteilung ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

09.09.2012 um 11:21
von Facebook

1b726b Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-09 um 11.1

Frank Dileo, The Real Story of Michael Jackson’s Brilliant Manager

08/25/11 . 9:21am . Roger Friedman

Frank DiLeo1

I’m finally getting to write about my friend Frank Dileo, who died yesterday at age 63. Frank was Michael Jackson’s loyal and brilliant manager and friend, the architect of his success and his amazing career. You want to know about “Thriller”? It was Frank, “Bad”? Frank again. It was Frank who sat through Michael’s child molestation trial in 2005 in Santa Maria, California, far from his home in Ohio, at his own expense.

It was Frank who returned in the spring of 2009 to keep Michael on the straight and narrow so he could rehearse for his London concert dates. It was Frank who kissed Michael on the forehead, closed his eyes in the emergency room, and went out to tell Michael’s kids that their father had died. For Michael, Frank was always there.

I met Frank a long time ago, but we bonded during that trial. He’d come to god forsaken Santa Maria barely able to see. He had severely limited vision due to glaucoma and diabetes, and was waiting for an operation. He couldn’t drive, so I was his self appointed chauffeur. It was a long trial, and it wasn’t like Michael was in any shape to acknowledge Frank or to thank him. But he hung in there, and was a particular friend to Katherine Jackson, who attended the trial every day.

What Frank didn’t want to concede was that the Jacksons were notoriously disloyal. While the trial raged on, Michael’s former chief of security and surrogate father, Bill Bray, lay dying in a hospital bed in a little house in Los Angeles near the 10 freeway. Michael and all the Jacksons had simply dropped him. Bray, who I visited a few times, was semi-comatose and cared for by his lady friend. She wondered what had happened to the Jacksons. They were gone.

When the trial was over, and Michael hotfooted it to Bahrain and other locales, Dileo was similarly cut off. It wasn’t until Michael was in dire financial straits, and struggling to prepare for London, that he called on Frank. Dileo was there in a flash. He was the most loyal friend you could ask for. Again, he came at his own expense. Even though he’d lived high during the 80s with Michael, Frank didn’t make out like some of Jackson’s other advisers. His attitude was, you don’t ask. You wait for someone–Michael, Sony–to do the right thing. They never did.

I digress. Frank had the worst health imaginable. Forget the stuff people in the record business did in those crazy Eighties. He smoked stogies, ate thick steaks, liked a good scotch. He loved The Palm in Nashville, and the breakfast room at the Beverly Hilton. At the latter he’d become a fixture in the last couple of years, moving in to help Michael and staying–even though he had a wonderful and understanding wife, Linda, and kids Belinda and Dominic, back in Ohio. He became the mascot of the Beverly Hilton. When he got sick this past spring, the staff came to Cedars Sinai and held prayer vigils. They were that fond of him.

Do nice guys finish last? I don’t think so. Frank played mobsters in movies like “Goodfellas” and liked to act tough, but he was a sweetheart. If only he’d been a little terrifying or threatening maybe he’d have made more money. But he led with his heart, and that always gets you into trouble. Was he disillusioned with Michael’s executors? Yes. He brought John Branca back into Michael’s life six weeks before Jackson died. With Branca came the utterly useless John McClain, who resented Frank and did everything he could to blunt his participation. The lackluster performance of the “Michael” album, which Frank tried to guide, can be laid at McClain’s feet.

Since Frank’s illness–resulting from triple bypass surgery in March–I have to say that the estate has been incredibly helpful, however. The details are private. But when Frank’s family needed support they got it. So you have to balance these things out.

So what now? I’m going to do what Frank did to stay healthy: fruit for breakfast, with bacon and French toast. And remember my friend, who was barely five feet tall, but was a giant among men.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/08/25/frank-dileo-the-real-story-of-michael-jacksons-brilliant-manager

Anzeige
melden

09.09.2012 um 14:40
MOM MOMENTS: Seeing the Jackson kids through a mom’s eyes

11 hours ago • Carrie Steinweg Times Correspondent

Once you’re a mom, you seem to look at everything through that pair of eyes. You take on that mom role no matter where you are and no matter whom the kids belong to that you come in contact with. That might mean trying to comfort a child you see who falls, scolding a child you see doing something wrong or feeling protective of a child you see who might be shy or squeamish.

So, last week when I went to a Gary SouthShore RailCats game attended by the late Michael Jackson’s three kids, I couldn’t help but see them through that mothering set of eyes. As people swarmed around them, I wanted to see them get a little space and not be bombarded. Problem is, I was working and I was one of the press people on the field snapping pictures. I felt a rush of guilt, especially when Paris would glance my direction with those hauntingly beautiful eyes or when Prince cocked his head with that familiar look of a teenage boy that seemed to say, “I would so rather be somewhere else right now.” I smiled as I saw Paris lean over and help her younger brother, Blanket, button up his jersey. I saw the compassion as she hugged sobbing fans still grieving the death of her father. She hugged them sincerely and tightly, without the eye rolls you’d expect from a teenage girl approached by a stranger.

I couldn’t help but wonder what their father would have thought of them being there in Gary after all the years he spent shielding them from the public. We’ll never know, as he’s another entertainer gone from the world much sooner than he should have been. Although he might have scoffed at the spotlight being placed on them, he likely would have been proud at how they carried themselves and that they were interested in following their roots and learning more about their father’s life and upbringing.

As I was driving to the U.S. Steel Yard, I passed a couple of young boys playing ball in the street, probably not any older than 6 or 7, and my mind wandered. What would his life have been like had he not become a worldwide singing and dancing sensation? Would he still be there? How would his life have turned out? We can only speculate.

Gary is a community that seems to be seen mostly in a negative light. I can’t say that I’ve spent a lot of time there, but in the handful of times I’ve been in Gary, I’ve encountered some of the most inspirational people I’ve ever met. They’re not that hard to find. Unfortunately, what is seen when a lot of people look at Gary is poverty and crime and not much else.

I recall one visit I made to Gary West Side High School years ago for a story I was writing on an educator who had been in the profession for about five decades. I was truly impressed walking down the halls. Things were orderly and clean. Students were respectful. I felt comfortable. I also happened to have gone to a high school where I was bussed from a nearly all-white town to a nearly all-black high school where I saw first-hand how untrue stereotypes are. Not every young black male is a thug or a criminal or a gang-banger, yet somehow they so often wear those labels without others looking at them further and that’s a sad thing. I hope in their visit to the area, the Jackson kids walked away with the good about Gary and knowing that the time their father spent there helped shape the person he would become.

Once you’re a mom, you seem to look at everything through that pair of eyes. You take on that mom role no matter where you are and no matter whom the kids belong to that you come in contact with. That might mean trying to comfort a child you see who falls, scolding a child you see doing something wrong or feeling protective of a child you see who might be shy or squeamish.

So, last week when I went to a Gary SouthShore RailCats game attended by the late Michael Jackson’s three kids, I couldn’t help but see them through that mothering set of eyes. As people swarmed around them, I wanted to see them get a little space and not be bombarded. Problem is, I was working and I was one of the press people on the field snapping pictures. I felt a rush of guilt, especially when Paris would glance my direction with those hauntingly beautiful eyes or when Prince cocked his head with that familiar look of a teenage boy that seemed to say, “I would so rather be somewhere else right now.” I smiled as I saw Paris lean over and help her younger brother, Blanket, button up his jersey. I saw the compassion as she hugged sobbing fans still grieving the death of her father. She hugged them sincerely and tightly, without the eye rolls you’d expect from a teenage girl approached by a stranger.

I couldn’t help but wonder what their father would have thought of them being there in Gary after all the years he spent shielding them from the public. We’ll never know, as he’s another entertainer gone from the world much sooner than he should have been. Although he might have scoffed at the spotlight being placed on them, he likely would have been proud at how they carried themselves and that they were interested in following their roots and learning more about their father’s life and upbringing.

As I was driving to the U.S. Steel Yard, I passed a couple of young boys playing ball in the street, probably not any older than 6 or 7, and my mind wandered. What would his life have been like had he not become a worldwide singing and dancing sensation? Would he still be there? How would his life have turned out? We can only speculate.

Gary is a community that seems to be seen mostly in a negative light. I can’t say that I’ve spent a lot of time there, but in the handful of times I’ve been in Gary, I’ve encountered some of the most inspirational people I’ve ever met. They’re not that hard to find. Unfortunately, what is seen when a lot of people look at Gary is poverty and crime and not much else.

I recall one visit I made to Gary West Side High School years ago for a story I was writing on an educator who had been in the profession for about five decades. I was truly impressed walking down the halls. Things were orderly and clean. Students were respectful. I felt comfortable. I also happened to have gone to a high school where I was bussed from a nearly all-white town to a nearly all-black high school where I saw first-hand how untrue stereotypes are. Not every young black male is a thug or a criminal or a gang-banger, yet somehow they so often wear those labels without others looking at them further and that’s a sad thing. I hope in their visit to the area, the Jackson kids walked away with the good about Gary and knowing that the time their father spent there helped shape the person he would become.
The opinions expressed are solely the writer's. Carrie Steinweg, the mother of five, lives in Lansing. Reach her at csteinw@yahoo.com.
http://www.nwitimes.com/lifestyles/columnists/carrie-steinweg/mom-moments-seeing-the-jackson-kids-through-a-mom-s/article_ce0edbf1-0893-5dfc-ac50-43642ec73c63.html

melden

09.09.2012 um 15:29
von Facebook

Janet @ The Grand Opening of Dylan's Candy Bar in LA

644633 444163568966844 1073848328 n

A2Te7KqCMAENVU .jpg largeOriginal anzeigen (0,2 MB)

396565 444166612299873 1477147142 n

Janet Jackson causes a paparazzi frenzy at Dylan's Candy Bar Grand Opening in LA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyzr0QY5EWI
Veröffentlicht am 08.09.2012 von WMTVMedia
https://twitter.com/worldmonitortv (Archiv-Version vom 17.03.2012)
Please click on the link above to Follow us on twitter.
Janet Jackson causes a paparazzi frenzy at Dylan's Candy Bar Grand Opening at the Grove in LA

melden

09.09.2012 um 17:35
von Facebook

523522 10151006165661856 16839055 n

RARE !!!
Michael posing with his Make-up artist,Karen Faye,costume designer,Michael Lee Bush,and photographer ,Sam Emerson
Australia 1988 —

melden

09.09.2012 um 17:44
ebenfalls von Facebook . http://www.facebook.com/martina.vanderlinden.5

siedah and michael...♥...having a good time...
When someone gives you as much as Michael Jackson gave his fans and the world,even tho you never met him, you owe him a part of yourself forever

539258 443236699048491 1221389610 n

melden

09.09.2012 um 22:23
https://twitter.com/Ivy_4MJ (Archiv-Version vom 17.01.2014)

Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ
The same AEG emails are now also leaked to NY Daily News.
6:43 AM - 9 Sep 12
>
Lauren ‏@lmt4mj
@BLANAIDXLIVES @Ivy_4MJ pic.twitter.com/NQQZboHU
Retweetet von Ivy
A2W DXJCAAA2O5N.jpg large
7:53 AM - 9 Sep 12

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
"Wenn die Debatte verloren ist, wird Verleumdung das Werkzeug des Verlierer."
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/48955-when-the-debate-is-lost-slander-becomes-the-tool-of

1x zitiertmelden

09.09.2012 um 22:41
La Toya Jackson ‏@latoyajackson
Your thoughts are the the power behind your actions!
Deine Gedanken sind verantwortlich für die treibende Kraft Deiner Taten!
8:20 AM - 9 Sep 12

melden

09.09.2012 um 23:04
@FaIrIeFlOwEr
jetzt gleich in TTT eine Homage an Michael!!!

melden

09.09.2012 um 23:47
@FaIrIeFlOwEr
heute 11.21h
oh der Arnie hat ja Zorn auf Harvey Levin. Wenn ich es mir so recht überlege, ich kann es verstehen. TMZ war ja nicht zimperlich mit ihm. Ich weiß gar nicht, wieso sie sich das alle gefallen lassen, bei uns geht sogar die Ex-First-Lady gegen Google vor usw, da wird man doch gegen so einen Wurscht-Dienst vorgehen können, es sei denn, man hat selbst dafür gesorgt, daß bissel Klatsch verbreitet wird und das wird natürlich noch übertrieben, wie dort üblich. Ja Pech gehabt, aber irgendwie tut er mir schon ein bissel leid.

Süßes Bild von Michael um 9.22h, das kenne ich noch
gar nicht, dafür hab ich ein gif von dem Kurzvideo, was Paris eingestellt hat, das kannst Du ihr ja mal schicken, hahaha.
bf80d6 vrfwc8
Zitat von FaIrIeFlOwErFaIrIeFlOwEr schrieb:The same AEG emails are now also leaked to NY Daily News.
da fällt mir ein, arbeitet nicht der Stacy Brown für NYDN? Du verstehen, Stacy-Rebbie=gute Freunde, Randy/Janet passt doch wieder. In diesem Wurschtblatt wird eh viel über die Jacksons geschrieben, so was wie "Sun".

Ich bin immer noch der Meinung, daß Michael, hätte er dieses Testament nicht gewollt, das auf jeden Fall und mit Nachdruck zurückverlangt hätte und hätte es ein anderes gegeben, wäre das auch auf den Tisch gekommen. Diese Grace hat doch sicherlich darüber auch genauestens Bescheid gewußt in den ganzen Jahren, die sie mit Michael unterwegs war und dieser Anwalt Lopez hat sicher auch gewußt, daß er ein Testament hatte. Der wäre doch bestimmt zum Nachlassgericht gegangen und hätte Einspruch eingelegt, wenn es anders gewesen wäre.
Alles was da jetzt abgeht ist einfach nur widerlich.

Und nein, die Kathrine läßt sich nicht scheiden, hat sie schon mal vor 2 Jahren gesagt. Die läßt sich lieber weiter demütigen, hat sie ja die letzten jahrzehnte auch so hingenommen, warum sollte sie daran jetzt was ändern. Da ist sie voll und ganz Zeuge Jehovas, auch wenn sie es sonst auch nicht so genau nimmt, hmmmm.

Na wo war denn jetzt der Beitrag von Michael, hab ich mich verhört???? Verscheißern kann ich mich auch allein.
Gute Nacht, jetzt geh ich vor Wut schlafen.

2x zitiertmelden

10.09.2012 um 07:26
@Sylvina
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Na wo war denn jetzt der Beitrag von Michael, hab ich mich verhört???? Verscheißern kann ich mich auch allein.
hatte 10 Min. später eingeschaltet und dachte dann, ich hätte es verpasst ...
schon sehr eigenartig, in der Vorankündigung "Filminfo", unter geplante Themen, wurde mal wieder viel geschrieben ... schade, dass es den Beitrag den gab ... :)

dec7d2 Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-10 um 07.1
http://www.cinefacts.de/tv/details.php?id=krkbe10008334541

melden

10.09.2012 um 08:44
@Sylvina
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb: dafür hab ich ein gif von dem Kurzvideo, was Paris eingestellt hat, das kannst Du ihr ja mal schicken, hahaha.
hahaha, da wird Paris sich aber freuen ... :D
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:da fällt mir ein, arbeitet nicht der Stacy Brown für NYDN? Du verstehen, Stacy-Rebbie=gute Freunde, Randy/Janet passt doch wieder.
ich glaube, ja ... die bilden alle einen Kreis ... :D :D
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Alles was da jetzt abgeht ist einfach nur widerlich.
mir ist zwar klar, warum sie so auf diesem Testament rumreiten, nur es gibt ja noch die Erklärungen zum Trust und die wurden bereits von MJ vor dem Testament unterschrieben ... sie wollen den Nachlass selbst verwalten ... na, dann ist doch bald gar nichts mehr vorhanden ...
wenn es ein neueres Testament geben würde, hätte sich bestimmt jemand gemeldet, der dort involviert gewesen wäre ... :)
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Und nein, die Kathrine läßt sich nicht scheiden, hat sie schon mal vor 2 Jahren gesagt. Die läßt sich lieber weiter demütigen, hat sie ja die letzten jahrzehnte auch so hingenommen, warum sollte sie daran jetzt was ändern. Da ist sie voll und ganz Zeuge Jehovas, auch wenn sie es sonst auch nicht so genau nimmt, hmmmm.
ich glaube auch nicht daran, dass sich Katherine scheiden lässt ... sie hätte es schon sooft verwirklichen können, hat es aber nie getan ... diese "Scheidungen" sind m. M. n. nur immer Hirngespinste der Medien ... :D :D

1x zitiertmelden

10.09.2012 um 10:00
@FaIrIeFlOwEr
Zitat von FaIrIeFlOwErFaIrIeFlOwEr schrieb:diese "Scheidungen" sind m. M. n. nur immer Hirngespinste der Medien ...
ja glaub ich auch, trotzdem hätte ich den Joe auch ohne die "Hirngespinste" schon längst abgeschossen. Brrrrr, igitt.
Zitat von FaIrIeFlOwErFaIrIeFlOwEr schrieb:... sie wollen den Nachlass selbst verwalten ...
na der Zug ist aber auch abgefahren. Ich glaube, da würde Prince und Paris auf die Barrikaden gehen. Das ist vorbei. Selbst wenn Branca wirklich den Mist hinschmeißt, die Jacksons werden es bestimmt nicht. Ich glaube, da gibt es einen "weltweiten Aufschrei". Da bleibt doch nichts mehr für die Kinder. Die Kathrine macht doch schon jetzt richtig Druck, daß sie ihr Geld bekommt, vielleicht hat ihr keiner gesagt, daß sie nur eine monatliche Rente bekommt oder will die das nicht akzeptieren???
Aber alle waren damit einverstanden, daß die Nachlassverwalter den Karren aus dem Dreck ziehen und jetzt halten alle die Hand auf.

Sie boykottieren ja auch alle Neuveröffentlichungen von Sony oder andere Sachen, die vom Estate ausgehen, sogar die Doku von Spike Lee wird ignoriert und das ganz bewußt. Aber das da sogar die Paris mitmacht, finde ich schon verwunderlich. Wahrscheinlich wird sie dementsprechend beeinflusst. Ich sage mal, sie darf nicht, keine Werbung und keinen Pieps zu Bad 25 auf ihrer Twitterseite.
Nein, verstehe ich nicht, es ist doch schließlich ihr Erbe, wofür sie und ihre Geschwister ihr Leben lang die Nutznießer sind.

Das Erbe wäre vor 3 Jahren schon verkauft worden und es wäre nichts mehr da, Randy hätte schon dafür gesorgt und die anderen natürlich auch und die ganzen Schulden hätten sie den Kindern gelassen. Obwohl, es gibt ja auch noch ein Nachlassgericht, so einfach ist es dann auch wieder nicht.
Hier habe ich noch eine besonders schöne Homage an Michael gefunden, nur musikbezogen, alles andere bleibt privat und so sollte es sein, genau wie bei anderen Künstlern auch. Das hat niemanden was anzugehen. Armer Michael, ich denke noch daran, als er gestöhnt hat und dann gesagt hat, wenn er einen Schritt vor die Tür setzt beginnt die Arbeit, da ist nichts privat. Genauso hat er gelebt, jeder Ausflug vor die Tür war Stress für ihn, weil er sich verstellt hat. Er hat uns ein völlig anderes Bild von sich gezeigt. Zu Hause muß er ein ganz lieber netter fürsorglicher Kerl gewesen sein, zumindest lt. seiner wirklichen Freunde.

Das hier finde ich schön im Gegensatz zu dem langen Artikel von gestern, nicht böse gemeint, ist nur meine Meinung dazu:
S u p e r s c h ö n e r A r t i k e l
Sampling Michael: Rhythm, Masculinity & Intellectual Property in the ‘Body’ of Michael Jackson

http://newblackman.blogspot.de/2012/08/sampling-michael-rhythm-masculinity.html

1x zitiertmelden

10.09.2012 um 11:29
@Sylvina
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:trotzdem hätte ich den Joe auch ohne die "Hirngespinste" schon längst abgeschossen. Brrrrr, igitt.
ja, von so einem Mann hätte ich mich schon viel früher scheiden lassen ... aber es gibt leider sehr viele Frauen, die lassen sich lieber demütigen, als dass sie sich von dem Kerl trennen ... soll aber auch Männer geben, die sich von einer Frau alles gefallen lassen ... auhhhhh ...
ohhhh, nein ... das nie und nimmer ... :D :D
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Obwohl, es gibt ja auch noch ein Nachlassgericht, so einfach ist es dann auch wieder nicht.
genau ... m. M. n. werden d nicht mehr in diesen "Genuß" kommen ... und mit jedem Jahr, werden die Kids älter, Prince wird ja in 2 1/2 Jahren 18 Jahre alt ... dann hat auch er selbst ein Wort
mitzureden ...
ich glaube auch nicht daran, dass die Jacksons da je eine Chance haben, den Nachlass zu verwalten ..
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Armer Michael, ich denke noch daran, als er gestöhnt hat und dann gesagt hat, wenn er einen Schritt vor die Tür setzt beginnt die Arbeit, da ist nichts privat. Genauso hat er gelebt, jeder Ausflug vor die Tür war Stress für ihn, weil er sich verstellt hat. Er hat uns ein völlig anderes Bild von sich gezeigt. Zu Hause muß er ein ganz lieber netter fürsorglicher Kerl gewesen sein, zumindest lt. seiner wirklichen Freunde.
ich bin schon immer der Meinung gewesen, dass es einen "öffentlichen" MJ gibt/gab und einen ganz privaten Michael Jackson ... als Künstler durfte er nicht unbedingt er selbst sein, aber er hat dieses Spielchen auch mitgemacht ... den privaten Michael Jackson werden nur sehr wenige Menschen kennen, Fans m. E. eh gar nicht bzw. nur mit kleinen Einblicken ...
aber das ist auch richtig, denn ich kann mir vorstellen, dass jeder Mensch so einen "Rückzugspunkt"
braucht ...
Zitat von SylvinaSylvina schrieb:Das hier finde ich schön im Gegensatz zu dem langen Artikel von gestern, nicht böse gemeint, ist nur meine Meinung dazu:
es besteht doch keine Veranlassung zum Böse sein ... hahaha

dieser Artikel hat mir auch sehr gefallen ... von dieser Blogseite hatte wir erst vor kurzem einen Beitrag, der auch sehr interessant war ... :)

melden

10.09.2012 um 14:16
Paris hat fleißig neue Bilder bei Instagram gepostet ...

Paris: straight hair finally((:
215e3e7afaf311e1afe522000a1c8934 7

5a09feb6faef11e1985822000a1d011d 7

Pars: this is what you call sexy homework
na, viel kann man aber leider nicht lesen ... hahaha
91d92178fadb11e180961231380fe8a6 7

Paris: good days always start with bad hair
f2db0b20fac311e18e3c22000a1e8b97 7

der Songtext von "Will You Be There
65fa301efa5f11e1adfe22000a1e8a47 7

s.a. hier http://www.songtexte.com/songtext/michael-jackson/will-you-be-there-43da73f3.html

Paris: @flowbro13 <3
vermutlich ein Vergleich von Danny Flow (ein Freund von Paris?) & Bon Jovi
95b661d8fa5a11e1b46022000a1cdf5e 7

melden

10.09.2012 um 14:24
von Facebook
"Strike a pose Michael"

~ from Vanity Fair photoshoot by Annie Leibovitz 1989 —
262910 383090648426001 1891853370 n

560404 383083341760065 891516954 n
Michael loves dressing up ~ In a beautiful military Jacket pictured with singer Bobby Womak during a Vanity Fair photoshoot with photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The costume was made by UK's Saville Row Shop Gieves and Hawkes who say.. "Michael Jackson had all his uniforms made here in his late Eighties heyday. He came to London and his people asked Robert Gieves who was fifth-generation Gieves family to create something unique for him so as not to offend any regiments, as dressy as possible. There's a famous portrait of him wearing a military jacket by Annie Leibovitz which is just on the wall outside this room. When he died we recreated that uniform from the original details and put it in a case next to it." A company called Hands and Lock supplied the embroidery for the original outfit and the new one which is on display at the shop.
248588 383309901737409 1858951962 n
Bad 25th Anniversary pic ~ lip bite ♥

melden

10.09.2012 um 14:35
vielleicht schafft sie es ja, sich aus dem Schatten des berühmten Vaters zu befreien ... ich wünsche es ihr von ganzem Herzen, denn sonst könnte es auch tragisch enden ... :(

Paris Jackson will mehr als nur "Michael Jacksons Tochter" sein

paris-jackson

Das Leid der Star-Kinder: Paris Jackson (14) ringt um eine neue Rolle, die sie von ihrem ewigen Ansehen als "die Tochter von Michael Jackson" befreien soll.

Wem einmal aufgrund eines berühmten Elternteils das Etikett "Star-Kind" verpasst wurde, der hat es oft schwer, sich aus dem Schatten ihrer Prominenz zu befreien und überhaupt als eigenständiges Wesen anerkannt zu werden. Noch anstrengender wird es dann, wenn sich der Nachwuchs selbst einen Namen machen will. In einer derartigen Misere befindet sich derzeit Paris Jackson, die Tochter des "King of Pop".

Zwar ist sie natürlich stolz darauf, einen so berühmten und beliebten Papa gehabt zu haben, aber zum Zwecke der Selbstverwirklichung steht ihr der Tochter-Titel leider etwas im Weg. So verriet die 14-Jährige in einem Interview mit der "Glamour": "Ich liebe meinen Vater und bin stolz darauf, seine Tochter zu sein. Ich glaube nur nicht, dass der Titel "M.J.s Tochter" zu mir passt."

Denn die hübsche Paris hat selbst Karrierepläne in petto und möchte der Öffentlichkeit beweisen, dass auch in ihr so manche Fähigkeiten schlummern. Zum Beispiel hat sie gerade eine Rolle im Film "Lundon's Bridge and the three Keys" ergattert.

"Eine Menge Leute glauben, dass mein Vater der einzige Grund ist, warum ich das mache, aber ich möchte zeigen, dass auch ich Talent habe und dass ich es schaffen kann, wenn ich es versuche. Ich möchte meine eigene Person sein."

Ein mutiger Weg, den schon andere Star-Kinder erfolgreich beschritten haben. Und wenn die süße Paris auch nur halb so viel Talent besitzt wie Papa Michael Jackson, dürfte ihr einer erfolgreichen Karriere nichts im Wege stehen.

http://top.de/news/24ng-paris-jackson-michael-jacksons-tochter

melden

10.09.2012 um 15:01
MJ4evermore ‏@Coleen4MJ
Brothers of Michael Jackson plan musical on Broadway - Celeb News - Celebs TV http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/celebrities/2012/09/09/brothers-of-michael-jackson-plan-musical-on-broadway-102039-23924599/#.UE3fQ0F5HhV.twitter
Retweetet von Ivy
2:38 PM - 10 Sep 12

Brothers of Michael Jackson plan musical on Broadway

Sep 9 2012 by James Davis, The People

michael-jackson-image-3-681284467

Michael Jackson's brothers have reunited to create a Broadway show to celebrate his life, called Jackson 5: The Musical.

Jermaine Jackson, 57, has been in talks with his New York contacts and he, Jackie, 61, Tito, 58, Randy, 56, and Marlon, 55, have spoken to promoters.

The musical is based on their impoverished up-bringing and how they conquered the music world.

It will feature hits by Jacko - who died in June 2009 age 50 - such as Thriller and Billie Jean, and songs from the Jackson 5. A source said: "There have been a few meetings and the reaction has been really positive.

"The family have pitched it on the Jackson's life story - in particular Michael's.

"It was originally intended for 2004 but I don't think Michael was keen to do anything for a while after his child abuse trial, then the concerts came up.

"The family have felt the love from fans since his passing. They feel it's the right time to get the project up and running again."

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/celebrities/2012/09/09/brothers-of-michael-jackson-plan-musical-on-broadway-102039-23924599/#.UE3fQ0F5HhV.twitter

melden

10.09.2012 um 15:07

644209 449621911755967 418401684 n
223846 449621925089299 1716444555 n
377627 449621965089295 1478603054 n
377332 449621995089292 1496753305 n
223985 449622048422620 1788622277 n

melden

10.09.2012 um 15:10

530066 449622085089283 375913569 n
185082 449622108422614 87006146 n
263866 449622168422608 1708597909 n

Paris und Michaela auf dem Weg zur Schule

394346 449622188422606 843765823 n
296360 449622218422603 2019399816 n

melden

10.09.2012 um 18:03
9/10/2012 @ 10:41AM |

Is Promoter AEG Responsible For Michael Jackson's Death?

Concert Promoter AEG is on the defensive after the Los Angeles Times recently published confidential emails about AEG’s role in Michael Jackson’s final days. The New York Daily News revealed more of the emails in a second article this weekend.

Together, the emails paint a picture of AEG demanding that the concert tour go on, despite knowing the extremely fragile state Michael Jackson was in at the time.

But what does it all mean, legally? Should AEG be found liable for Michael Jackson’s death?

Katherine Jackson and other family members sued AEG, blaming them for controlling and failing to supervise Dr. Conrad Murray, thereby causing Jackson’s death. AEG denies it controlled or supervised Murray at all. They say he was Jackson’s personal physician and he alone was responsible.

Whether that’s true or not, AEG was clearly involved in some manner. The Daily News revealed the most telling of the emails that have been publicly disclosed so far, about AEG’s role in Jackson’s final days:
Kenny Ortega sent a panicked email in the predawn hours of June 20, 2009, telling promoter Randy Phillips, the head of AEG Live, that Jackson appeared too “weak and fatigued” to rehearse the previous night, “trembling, rambling and obsessing” to the point Ortega recommended a psychological exam.

When Phillips didn’t immediately address his fears, Ortega fired off another email 11 hours later, the Daily News has learned.

“I honestly felt if I had encouraged or allowed him on stage last night he could have hurt himself,” Ortega wrote to Phillips in the confidential 1:20 p.m. missive obtained by The News.

Phillips responded within the hour, shooting down Ortega’s concerns with even more force than formerly exposed. “It is critical that neither you, me, or anyone around this show become amateur psychiatrists or physicians,” he wrote, adding that he was in touch with Jackson’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, and had gained “immense respect” for the cardiologist who would later go to jail for involuntary manslaughter.

“(Murray) said that Michael is not only physically equipped to perform (but) that discouraging him to (perform) will hasten his decline instead of stopping it,” Phillips said.

“You cannot imagine the harm and ramifications of stopping the show now,” he wrote. “It would far outweigh ‘calling this game in the 7th inning.’ I am not just talking about AEG’s interests here, but the myriad of stuff and lawsuits swirling around MJ that I crisis manage every day and also his well-being.”
Among those revealed by the Times include Phillips’ accounts of Jackson as a “emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self loathing and doubt.” Yet he also wrote that if Jackson did not deliver, “financial disaster awaits.”

You can read the full Daily News article here
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/michael-jackson-full-doubts-hated-emails-reveal-article-1.1155107?localLinksEnabled=false (Archiv-Version vom 12.09.2012) and the LA Times’ article here.
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/02/local/la-me-aeg-jackson-20120902

AEG says the emails paint an incomplete picture and they are only a select few out of hundreds of thousands of pages of documents produced in the court case. The company’s lawyers have actually gone on the offensive, attacking the Jackson family and blaming them for leaking these confidential emails to the media when court orders prohibited it.

Katherine Jackson and her legal team denied it. Instead, businessman Howard Mann — a business partner of Katherine Jackson — claimed responsibility for disclosing the emails to the media. He says he gathered them from a number of sources, including the Dr. Conrad Murray trial, not from Katherine Jackson. Interestingly, Howard Mann recently agreed to pay $2.5 million to the Michael Jackson Estate to settle a lawsuit against him and his companies for copyright violations.

AEG’s legal team isn’t buying that Mann is solely to blame. They claim he is nothing but an intermediary and the public revelation of the emails is a desperate reaction by the Jackson family to the realization that they are losing. AEG’s attorney said, “After months of discovery, plaintiffs now know what we have known all along — there is nothing to support their claims.”

The Jackson legal team disagrees. They claim to have even more damaging emails and feel very confident in their case against AEG.

Ultimately, the judge hearing the case will have to decide whether there is enough evidence to justify submitting the case to the jury. These emails would make for a very compelling case in front of a jury, but getting that far is the big question.

Knowing of Jackson’s condition and encouraging him to perform is not the same as being legally responsible for his death. Plus, as AEG attorneys point out, Phillips and others involved observed Michael giving strong rehearsal performances and were assured by Dr. Murray that he was able to perform.

Dr. Murray clearly was the central figure. The LA Times article reports that AEG never paid Dr. Murray, and while Jackson insisted that AEG pay Dr. Murray $150,000 per month to take care of Jackson, Dr. Murray’s contract was apparently not signed by the time Jackson died. So AEG may not be responsible for Dr. Murray’s actions.

But AEG could still be liable, at least in part, if the Jackson family can convince the judge that AEG controlled and pushed Dr. Murray into getting Jackson ready to perform at all costs. The publicly-revealed emails may not be enough to accomplish that. For example, there is no mention of Dr. Murray’s propofol treatment. Refusing to cancel a show is not the same as being responsible for Jackson’s death.

Where AEG is really in trouble is with the $17.5 million lawsuit by insurer Lloyds of London, which issued an insurance policy to protect AEG in case Jackson could not perform. Lloyds claims that AEG didn’t fully disclose Jackson’s medical condition in taking out the policy, and these emails certainly suggest that AEG knew more than it told Lloyds.

What do you think? Should AEG be forced to pay for contributing to the death of Michael Jackson?
By Danielle and Andy Mayoras, co-authors of Trial & Heirs: Famous Fortune Fights!, husband-and-wife legacy expert attorneys, and hosts of the national television special, Trial & Heirs: Protect Your Family Fortune! For the latest celebrity and high-profile cases, with tips to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your clients, click here to subscribe to The Trial & Heirs Update. You can “like” them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/trialandheirs/2012/09/10/is-promoter-aeg-responsible-for-michael-jacksons-death/2/

Anzeige

melden