Wissenschaft
Menschen Wissenschaft Politik Mystery Kriminalfälle Spiritualität Verschwörungen Technologie Ufologie Natur Umfragen Unterhaltung
weitere Rubriken
PhilosophieTräumeOrteEsoterikLiteraturAstronomieHelpdeskGruppenGamingFilmeMusikClashVerbesserungenAllmysteryEnglish
Diskussions-Übersichten
BesuchtTeilgenommenAlleNeueGeschlossenLesenswertSchlüsselwörter
Schiebe oft benutzte Tabs in die Navigationsleiste (zurücksetzen).

LENR - niederenergetischen Kernreaktionen

122 Beiträge ▪ Schlüsselwörter: Italien, Kalte Fusion, Lenr ▪ Abonnieren: Feed E-Mail

19.09.2011 um 13:29
Zitat von CelladoorCelladoor schrieb:Wieso sollte sich auch jeder Hausbesitzer einen Rossi Generator zulegen der mit Gratisbrennstoff läuft?
Weil eine neue Heizungsanlage vielleicht auch nicht gerade billig ist? Und eine, mit garantiert nicht kostenlosen Schwermetallen befeuerte, kalte Fusions-Anlage wird bestimmt nicht billiger als eine marktübliche Gas/Ölheizung.

Anzeige
1x zitiertmelden

19.09.2011 um 13:53
Zitat von UffTaTaUffTaTa schrieb:Weil eine neue Heizungsanlage vielleicht auch nicht gerade billig ist? Und eine, mit garantiert nicht kostenlosen Schwermetallen befeuerte, kalte Fusions-Anlage wird bestimmt nicht billiger als eine marktübliche Gas/Ölheizung.
Ja hast recht. Ist nicht kostenlos. Laut Rossi reichen 200 gramm Schwermetall für 1 Jahr und kosten 4 Euro.

Mit so einem Preis/Leistungs Verhältnis hat Rossi in den nächsten 10 Jahren sämtliche Öl, Gas, und Atomlobbys dieser Welt in den Bankrott getrieben.

Vorausgesetzt sein Maschinchen funktioniert. Was nicht in 1000 Jahren der Fall sein wird.

1x zitiertmelden

20.09.2011 um 10:56
Zitat von CelladoorCelladoor schrieb:Mit so einem Preis/Leistungs Verhältnis hat Rossi in den nächsten 10 Jahren sämtliche Öl, Gas, und Atomlobbys dieser Welt in den Bankrott getrieben.
Uaahhh, ich gebs auf. Wirtschaft und Technik ist halt doch etwas zu kompliziert fürs Mysteryforum.

1x zitiertmelden

20.09.2011 um 11:00
Aber eins ist sicher. Sollte Rossi Erfolg haben, dann sind in wenigen Jahren die Allmy-Threats voll von bösen Kommentaren, Hetze und VTs über die bösen Kalte-Fusions-Konzerne und Lobbys. Die natürlich, wenn wundert es außer den üblichen Verdächtigen, die gleichen Namen haben wie die heutigen böse Öl, Gas und Atomkonzerne.

1x zitiertmelden

20.09.2011 um 13:19
Zitat von UffTaTaUffTaTa schrieb:Uaahhh, ich gebs auf. Wirtschaft und Technik ist halt doch etwas zu kompliziert fürs Mysteryforum.
Ja. Vor allem wenn man auf VT's verzichten muss.
Zitat von UffTaTaUffTaTa schrieb:Sollte Rossi Erfolg haben...
Uhhaaa.. jaja, wir werdens ende Oktober sehen wieviel Erfolg Rossi hat.

melden

28.10.2011 um 21:21
neues vom Ecat:

October 28th, 2011
FIRST INFORMATION REGARDING THE 1 MW PLANT TEST:
WE STARTED REGULARLY THE TEST THIS MORNING . EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL SO FAR. THE 1 MW E-CAT IS WORKING IN SELF SUSTAINING.
TONIGHT I WILL PUBLISH THE NON SECRET REPORT THAT THE CUSTOMER WILL RELEASE.
WARM REGARDS, I HAVE TO RETURN TO THE PLANT. SORRY, I CANNOT ANSWER TO THE MANY COMMENTS I AM RECEIVING. I WILL PUBLISH THEM PROBABLY I WILL NEVER FIND THE TIME TO ANSWER.
WARMEST REGARDS TO ALL,
ANDREA ROSSI

melden

29.10.2011 um 01:29
das kann doch nicht echt sein. das müsste längst in allen medien sein

1x zitiertmelden

29.10.2011 um 02:06
Zitat von TimSaid09TimSaid09 schrieb:das kann doch nicht echt sein. das müsste längst in allen medien sein
Wieso sollte die Lösung all unserer Energieprobleme in den Medien erwähnt werden?

melden

29.10.2011 um 06:36
Laut Rossi sind das die Testergebnisse des 1MW Reaktors von heute: http://db.tt/wu4OLbgk

Vielleicht mag das mal ein Physiker im Forum kommentieren? :)

melden

29.10.2011 um 11:47
in den nächsten tagen sollte auch etwas in den medien berichtet werden. zumindest war ein ap journalist anwesend der etwas veröffentlichen wollte. interessant ist, dass der ecat 5,5 stunden ohne energiezufuhr lief und 470 kw/h produzierte!!!
rossi`s anonymer käufer ist sehr zufrieden gewesen und hat tatsächlich das gerät gekauft!

1x zitiertmelden

29.10.2011 um 13:34
1 MW E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful

On October 28, 2011, Andrea Rossi demonstrated his 1 megawatt E-Cat system to his first customer, who had engineers/scientists on hand to test/validate its performance. Due to a glitch, it provided 470 kW of continuous power for 5.5 hours during the self-sustained mode

By Sterling D. Allan (who was present), with Hank Mills
Pure Energy Systems News

Well, the big day has come and gone. Andrea Rossi's one-megawatt-capable E-Cat cold fusion device has been tested in Bologna, Italy; and the unknown customer, who ran the test, is apparently happy.

There were some issues, so it couldn't be run at full power in self-looped mode, but what it did do was plenty impressive.

It ran for 5.5 hours producing 470 kW, while in self-looped mode. That means no substantial external energy was required to make it run, because it kept itself running, even while producing an excess of nearly half a megawatt. Rossi explained the reasons for this in the presentation he gave, which I videotaped and will be posting later.

That's half the rated capacity, but it is still a major accomplishment for the device that was completed earlier this week -- the first of its kind on the planet.

Early in the day with a glitch showing up, Rossi said that they had to make a decision about whether to go for 1 MW output, not in self-sustain mode, or with self-sustain mode at a lower power level. The customer opted to go for the self-sustain mode. Nothing was said about the prospects of a follow-up test, though I would imagine that the customer will be running many tests to understand this gadget they have purchased, and that information will be conveyed to Rossi.

When I asked him during the Q&A session if the customer was satisfied with the test, Rossi responded, "Yes, I think they are satisfied."

Here is a brief video excerpt highlight from Rossi during his 1-hour reading of the public report from the customer, followed by a question and answer session. I recorded the entire presentation, and we'll post that tomorrow, hopefully along with a transcription. Half the time was in Italian, as he would address each item in Italian as well as English.

In this excerpt, Rossi responds to the question, "So, is this a breakthrough?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZHOQ6P-Rw

Here's a transcription of the excerpt video:

"Mister Sonya has asked me if I think that the test of today is a breakthrough. I think yes, because I think today we have seen enough. No more small five or ten kilowatt units, but now we have overcame the [cannot understand].... disconnected. The basic engineering to make something that....

You know, to go in self sustain mode and make 400 [actually 470] kilowatt hours per hour... To understand that this is a breakthrough...

You can also think that hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent to try to have a COP of 1.1 with nuclear fusion. Today we have made a theoretically endless COP making 470 kilowatt hour per hour of completely free energy, free of fuel. Yes, I think this is a breakthrough.

Of course this is the first step, but it is a very important first step....
"

Early this year Andrea Rossi announced his plans to construct and test the world's first one megawatt cold fusion plant. The plant would utilize his E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology that utilizes tiny quantities of nickel powder and hydrogen gas as fuel, while producing large amounts of energy in the form of heat. Importantly, the energy is produced without emitting any pollution, utilizing any radioactive materials, or producing any nuclear waste. Simply put, the E-Cat offers the world a source of cheap, safe, and clean energy. Although the exact plans for the launch of the technology were adjusted a few times throughout the course of this year, October 28th, 2011 was settled on for the date of the official test of the one megawatt plant by the first customer.

These first plants will cost around $2,000 per kilowatt to build one at a time, but once they are mass produced, Rossi expects the price to drop to around $100 per kilowatt installed.

Attendance at this test was limited for several reasons. First, the customer does not wish to be known at this time, nor to have its test engineers/scientists identified. I did not inadvertently discover the customer's identify, nor did I try to find out. I gave that group their space and did not probe. Second, the device is a nuclear device, and the regulations for a public demonstration are extremely stringent; so by making the event private, and only bringing one or two at a time to see it was a way to get around the safety requirements.

Most of us (around 30 guests total) arrived between 9 and 10 am; and by around 11 am, Rossi began taking people back to see the device while it was in operation, in self-sustained mode. Here's a video I shot, with Rossi's permission, during my 2-3 minute chance to see the unit during operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFiJb2UhzqY

Power for start-up (resistive coils that provided heat to the reaction chambers) was provided by the large and loud genset (was making all the noise) you see that is nearly as large as the small shipping container in which the 1 MW E-Cat plant was arranged. Once the reaction chambers got up to temperature, they were maintained by the heat produced by the reaction. I'm not sure why they kept the generator running after that, but I would guess it was for back-up or safety. I'm sure the engineers testing the system made sure what the power levels were at all times.

There were 100 E-Cat modules, each with 3 reaction chambers in them, for a total of 300 reaction chambers. An additional 20 or so units had been installed on the top of the shipping container, compared to the earlier photos and videos we had seen. Steam was produced by the units and exited through the back in the bottom of the two pipes. The steam was not put to use to run a load but the heat was dumped via two radiators, distilled, and circulated back into the system. When looking inside the plant, I noticed that one of the E-Cat units had a little steam escaping from the front of it.

The top pipe in the back, which was closed, was for emergency cool-down, if needed.

Each unit was run independently through a computerized control. The input and output temperature readings were recorded by computer, and the data will be provided to us probably later this evening or tomorrow morning. When I went by there, I think the input was measuring 19 C, and the output was 109 C.

Radiation measurements were taken by Dr. Bianchini David, from the University of Bologna. He said no extraneous radiation was detected at any time emanating from the reaction chambers, or from the piping, or from the water tanks, or in the vicinity of the apparatus. Apparently, gamma radiation is produced during the reaction, which is shielded by water, iron, lead, and a final coating on the apparatus. David said that he has not measured gamma radiation from the device, because he has not had access to the reaction chamber while it has been unshielded.

None of the units were taken apart following this test, as was the one back on the October 6 test. I asked Rossi whether any radio frequencies were used in the test, and he said "no".

I would estimate that there were about 12 people assisting with the test arrangement, including: 3-4 security guards, 1 caterer, 2 receptionists who checked to make sure everyone was invited and wore the required badges, 3-4 engineers helping take measurements, Foccardi was helping take guests 1-2 at a time back to see the unit.

I especially enjoyed mingling with the other guests, including: Mats Lewan from NyTeknik; Irene Zreick from Focus.it; Peter Svensson, Technology Writer for the Associated Press, NY, who told me that the reason the mainstream press hasn't been covering this is because Rossi has been very picky about who he lets in; Enrico Billi, a nuclear physicist and friend of Rossi's, who is presently living in China and helping to open doors there for this technology; Professor Christos Stremmenos, from the University of Bologna, who told me all about his theory of how the technology works; Pierre Clauzon, nuclear engineering professor from France, who told me about several theoretical physicists trying to understand cold fusion in general and the E-Cat in particular; Uzikova Irina, a nuclear plant designer from Russia; Stefan Heglesson, representing a Swedish interest in the technology; Loris Ferrari, Associate Professor of Condensed Matter Physics from the University of Bologna, who will be one of the five professors to do the two year test of the E-Cat, which hopefully will be funded as a result of today's test. They will study both the "how" and the "why" of the technology.

Mats and I agreed to post our stories at the same time. Peter was going to go first, having been given an exclusive by Rossi, but it's going to be a few days before he gets the necessary info and editorial approvals before he's able to run a story in the Associated Press.

Probably the biggest opening for skeptics will be the continually running genset that is probably rated for 500 kW (my guess), and appears to have been connected by cables to the E-Cat. "Where's the mystery?" So knock yourselves out, skeptics. It's the customer who has to be happy, and apparently this one was satisfied that those cables were not contributing to the 470 kW output during self-sustaining mode.

Here's a video where Rossi talks to us briefly following the test, saying that a report will come shortly; and giving us the reason for why we couldn't go back during the test except 1-2 at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WGvsuAYLbnA

And here's a video of a couple of 1 MW generators that were in the room where we were hanging out, which were from an earlier project Rossi was involved with, running on biofuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WGvsuAYLbnA

Quelle: http://pesn.com/2011/10/28/9501940_1_MW_E-Cat_Test_Successful/ (Archiv-Version vom 29.10.2011)

melden

29.10.2011 um 15:52
ALLE Aussagen und ALLE Messungen stammen allein von Rossi oder diesem mysteriösen Mann des mysteriösen Kunden. So wie in allen vorherigen Tests, durfte niemand unabhängig Messungen vornehmen.

Ist schon seltsam für einen Test, der alle Zweifel beseitigen sollte...

Könnte sein, dass da was an der physikalischen Grundlage dran ist (kann ich schwer beurteilen), aber Rossi ist schon mehr als zwielichtig und ich glaube nicht, dass sein Gerät hält, was es verspricht.
Erst war von 230x mehr Energie als reingesteckt die Rede, dann von 30x und nun von 6x.

melden

29.10.2011 um 15:58
NAja Videos und Aussagen vo Namenlosen hauen mich jetzt nicht um

kann man den 1 MW Reaktor denn kaufen so auf Probe?

melden

29.10.2011 um 16:10
Zitat von magickmanmagickman schrieb:in den nächsten tagen sollte auch etwas in den medien berichtet werden.
Hoffen wirs nicht. Publicity ist die Nahrung für solche Betrügereien!

melden

30.10.2011 um 14:53
Solange da nicht ein paar dutzend Wissenschaftler drann waren glaube ich dem Kerl nix. Würde es mir gerne auch persönlich anschauen und wiederlegen. Dafür reichen meine Grundlegenden Physikentnisse ;)

1x zitiertmelden

31.10.2011 um 19:03
Zitat von FipseFipse schrieb:Solange da nicht ein paar dutzend Wissenschaftler drann waren glaube ich dem Kerl nix.
Henry Billi – nuclear physicist
Reymond Zreick – Focus magazine journalist
Irene Zreick – Focus magazine journalist
Mats Lewan – Ny Teknik magazine journalist
Threshold Paul – Director of Radio Cape Town
Sterling Allan – Director PENS (Pure Energy Systems Network)
Peter Swensson – Associated Press reporter
George Welcome – Associated Press photographer
Daniele Passerini – 22 steps bloggers
Pierre Clauzon – CNAM Paris engineer
Irina Uzikova – National Research Nuclear University engineer in Moscow
Joseph Levi – physical (observer University of Bologna)
Loris Ferrari – physical (observer University of Bologna)
David Bianchini – expert in radiation protection
Guandalini Julian – Director EON Ltd.
Andrea Rossi
the brother of Andrea Rossi
the grandson of Andrea Rossi
Magdalene Pascucci
Madeleine’s mother Pascucci
Domenico Fioravanti – test engineers and testers of the system
Andrea De Vita – physical Ansaldo Energia
Italian, scientific advisor of an industrial group (has asked not to be reported)
Italian, scientific advisor of an industrial group (has asked not to be reported)
Swedish (?)
Swedish (?)
Swedish (?

melden

31.10.2011 um 19:05
@magickman

Und wo kann ich Aussagen von denen finden?

melden

31.10.2011 um 19:11
@Fipse
das ist lediglich eine liste der anwesenden personen, bisher hat noch keiner von denen veröffentlicht dass es sich bei dem ecat um einen fake handelt. allerdings wurde berichtet dass der test ein voller erfolg war.

hier mehr details:
PAGE ONE

TEST TO PROOF THE LEONARDO 1MW REACTOR WORKING BY MEANS OF LOW ENERGY NUCLEAR REACTION – PROTOCOL PREPARED BY THE PARTIES

The test has been performed by the Parties:

For the customer (omissis – confidential) ???? – Engineer Domenico Fioravanti

For the Seller: Leonardo Corporation: Dr Andrea Rossi

Expert Scientist for the measurement of the radiations outside the reactors: Dr David Bianchini (University of Bologna)

Date of the test: October 28th 2011

Time of the test: from 09.00 through 23.00

TEST Protocol

The test has the goal of comparing the Energy output of the reactor made as in the description of the patent n. WO 2009/125444 A1 against the Energy consumption of the same.

To reach this goal we have measured the Energy input to the reactor by means of the following instrumentation:

Such instrumentation has been certified as follows:

The energy output, or production, has been measured by means of the integral of the delta T of the water coolant of the reactor in function of the water flow plus the vaporization heat of the water turned into steam. To be conservative, all the water which arrived liquid at the output of the reactor has been collected and its weight has been subtracted from the amount of water that has been considered vaporized.

The water flow rate has been measured by a scaled resevoir and a chronograph all the times that the Customer’s consultant has deemed it opportune. This system has been chosen by the Customer.

The temperatures of the water before and after the reactor have been measured by means of the following instrumentation, previously tested by the Customer:

Testo Data Logger #177-T3

Testo thermocouples #Testo Alta Temperatura 0613 1212 – AG 1ST

The positioning of the thermocouples has been chosen by the Customer

As for the radiations we have measured:

THE RADIATIONS EMITTED INTO THE ENVIRONMENT FROM THE REACTOR

The results are reported in the Attachment 1: NO RADIATION ABOVE THE BACKGROUND HAVE BEEN REGISTERED

PAGE TWO

The Hydrogen tank has been weighted by means of a scale before and after the loading of the Hydrogen in the reactor

Before the loading the weight measured is : 13604.5 g

After the loading the weight measured is: 13602.8 g

The Hydrogen tank pressure has been measured before and after the load:

Hydrogen pressure before the load: 55 BAR

Hydrogen pressure after the load: 55 BAR

Average temperature of the water at the input: 18.3 Deg C

Average temperature of the steam: 104.5 Deg C

(the diagrams of the temperatures is in the attachment 2)

Energy consumed from 12.30 (when the reactor has been turned on) and 18.00 (when the reactor has been turned off): wh 66 KWh (SIXTYSIX)

Total energy production from 12.30 through 18.00 2,635,033 KWh

Water flow rate: l/h 675.6

Water not vaporized: tot l 5

Water vaporized: tot l 3716

Total Energy produced: (steam kg x 627.5) + (100 – input water) x kg of water heated x 1.16 = kWh 2635

Ratio between Energy produced and Energy consumed (COP): 2635:0

Description of the test installation:

The 1MW Energy Catalizer (E-Cat) I san assembly of 107 modules of 10kW each, connected in parallel.

Each module is made by 3 sub-modules of 3.3 kW each, put in parallel.

All the modules are set in a container made by steel. The assembly is commanded by a control panel suplied with the necessary software and all the necessary electronic components, whose description has been detailed in the sale agreement. All the components result to be set as guaranteed from a preliminary check.

The dimensions of the container are:

Length 5m

Width 2.6m

Height 2.6m

Weight (declared by the manufacturer) 10 tonns

Noise emissions: below 50 dB (A) at 5 metres from the plant

PAGE THREE

Waste emissions: none

Gas or smoke emissions: none

Liquid emissions: none

The water is supplied to the reactors by means of 2 pumps with a flow rate capacity of 3,000 liters per hour, regulated by valve sto the due flow rate of ~ 350 l/h

Type of pumps: DAB Jet 82 M

The reactors have been also served by a RFG, whose data are reported in the sale of agreement description.

The Energy consumed by the RFG system has been calculated in the calculation of the COP.

The heat made by the reactor has been dissipated in a steam condenser and the water obtained from the condensation of the heat has been recycled to the reactor. Additional water has been added from the grid to compensate the water evaporated from the reservoir, by means of floating valves, to maintain constant the level of the water in the reservoir.

The mmodules have been divided in two rows, each with an independent pump, so that each pump has a flow rate of 750 kg/h, for a total of 1,500 kg/h.

[[ETA by eCatNews. This correction from Andrea Rossi: THE FLOW RATE OF THE WATER PUMPS HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 350 KG/HOUR FOR EACH OF THE 2 OPERATING PUMPS, NOT 700 EACH AS ERRONEOUSLY WRITTEN IN THE LAST PARAGRAPH, WHILE IS CORRECT THE FLOW RATE OF 350 KG/H WRITTEN IN THE FORMER PARAGRAPH, ON THE BASE OF WHICH THE CALCULATION OG THE PRODUCED ENERGY HAS BEEN MADE. JUST A TYPO.]]

The dissipators have been designed by Leonardo Corporation, and are made by 2 air-water heat exchangers each cooled by 2 axial fans.

CONCLUSION:

The results of the test are satisfactory to accept delivery.

Reserves:

TO BE UPGRADED THE SYSTEM OF GASKETS. SOME LEAKS HAVE BEEN NOTICED

(SIGNED) ING DOMENICO FIORAVANTI

PAGE THREE

Waste emissions: none

Gas or smoke emissions: none

Liquid emissions: none

The water is supplied to the reactors by means of 2 pumps with a flow rate capacity of 3,000 liters per hour, regulated by valve sto the due flow rate of ~ 350 l/h

Type of pumps: DAB Jet 82 M

The reactors have been also served by a RFG, whose data are reported in the sale of agreement description.

The Energy consumed by the RFG system has been calculated in the calculation of the COP.

The heat made by the reactor has been dissipated in a steam condenser and the water obtained from the condensation of the heat has been recycled to the reactor. Additional water has been added from the grid to compensate the water evaporated from the reservoir, by means of floating valves, to maintain constant the level of the water in the reservoir.

The mmodules have been divided in two rows, each with an independent pump, so that each pump has a flow rate of 750 kg/h, for a total of 1,500 kg/h.

[[ETA by eCatNews. This correction from Andrea Rossi: THE FLOW RATE OF THE WATER PUMPS HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 350 KG/HOUR FOR EACH OF THE 2 OPERATING PUMPS, NOT 700 EACH AS ERRONEOUSLY WRITTEN IN THE LAST PARAGRAPH, WHILE IS CORRECT THE FLOW RATE OF 350 KG/H WRITTEN IN THE FORMER PARAGRAPH, ON THE BASE OF WHICH THE CALCULATION OG THE PRODUCED ENERGY HAS BEEN MADE. JUST A TYPO.]]

The dissipators have been designed by Leonardo Corporation, and are made by 2 air-water heat exchangers each cooled by 2 axial fans.

CONCLUSION:

The results of the test are satisfactory to accept delivery.

Reserves:

TO BE UPGRADED THE SYSTEM OF GASKETS. SOME LEAKS HAVE BEEN NOTICED

(SIGNED) ING DOMENICO FIORAVANTI

http://db.tt/wu4OLbgk

1x zitiertmelden

31.10.2011 um 19:13
Zitat von magickmanmagickman schrieb:das ist lediglich eine liste der anwesenden personen, bisher hat noch keiner von denen veröffentlicht dass es sich bei dem ecat um einen fake handelt. allerdings wurde berichtet dass der test ein voller erfolg war.
Die anwesenden Wissenschaftler haben es aber auch nicht bestätigt. Das wäre so ein gewaltiger Durchbruch jede Zeitung wäre voll damit, jedes Fachmagazin wäre voll damit und der Kerl würde sofort den Nobelpreis erhalten. Aber nein. Nichts!

1x zitiertmelden

31.10.2011 um 19:18
Zitat von FipseFipse schrieb: jede Zeitung wäre voll damit, jedes Fachmagazin wäre voll damit und der Kerl würde sofort den Nobelpreis erhalten. Aber nein. Nichts!
hmmm, das kann schon stimmen, die geschichte hat aber auch gezeigt dass die presse nicht immer sehr schnell ist, mit dingen die unser weltbild verändern, z.b. sind die wright brüder bereits 4 jahre lang bereits geflogen bis die presse sie wirklich ernst genommen hatte...

hier wurde z.b. berichtet:

Half a megawatt E-cat in Bologna

At about quarter past ten on Friday October 28, the test of Andrea Rossi’s heat plant, potentially producing one megawatt, was initiated in an industrial hangar in Bologna.

The plant consisted of more than 100 'energy catalyzers' – Rossi’s invention that possibly produces heat from a hitherto unknown nuclear reaction – connected in parallel.

Already in January 2011 when the E-cat was demonstrated publicly for the first time before a group of invited scientists and journalists in Bologna, Rossi promised the launch of a one megawatt plant in October.

The test was supposed to be performed together with the Greek company Defkalion, and later, after a breach of contract in August, in the US. Finally, as the US agreement was never put in place, the test was performed in Bologna under the control of a yet unknown customer to Rossi.

According to the customer’s controller, Domenico Fioravanti, the plant released 2,635 kWh during five and a half hours of self sustained mode, which is equivalent to an average power of 479 kilowatts – just under half the promised power of one megawatt.

Rossi explained this with the customer’s priority to achieve self sustained mode, which supposedly makes the process more difficult to control than when electrical power is supplied to support the reaction.

“We had to decrease the power during self sustained mode as the temperature rose too much”, Rossi said after the test.

Neither Ny Teknik nor any other of the guests had any possibility to check the measurements made. The invitees could only observe the plant in operation for a few brief moments.

Assuming that the report is correct (the report can be downloaded here, the temperature data here), a substantial amount of energy was released, which is difficult to explain by anything other than heat being developed inside the E-cat, even if you subtract the power input during pre-heating.

UPDATE: There are two minor errors in the report. Se below.

According to the report the test was approved and the plant would now be transported to the customer where it supposedly will be part of an agreement on further tests in order to develop the technology.

It remains unclear who the customer is. Rossi has only indicated that it belongs to a particular category of organizations. One possibility is that it’s a military organization given that the title of the controller Fioravanti in the report is “colonel”, however, scored out with a pen.

Rossi stated that an agreed contract research at the University of Bologna can now be initiated and that discussions on collaboration with Uppsala University can get started.

There’s still no clear indication of when a test performed by independent experts can be done, although this is still what both readers of Ny Teknik and most experts Ny Teknik has spoken to demand.

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3303682.ece (Archiv-Version vom 31.10.2011)

Anzeige

melden