London - Spontane Selbstentzündung?30.10.2021 um 21:40
Leider nicht. Der Fall ist schon ziemlich lange her.
On 8 January 1985, in Widnes, Cheshire, a young girl called Jacqueline Fitzsimon caught fire with no apparent cause on a college staircase.Quelle: http://www.exampleproblems.com/wiki/index.php/Spontaneous_human_combustion
She subsequently died, apparently of delayed shock. Jacqueline Fitzsimons's death was subsequently ruled out as a case of SHC by the coroner and by independent investigators of supposedly 'paranormal' phenomenon - a rare instance of agreement in the SHC controversy.
The essential difference between the circumstances of the Fitzsimon case and 'classic' cases of alleged SHC is as follows:
Fitzsimons's flesh was unburned except where it contacted her flammable clothing (the jumper).
Ergo, the seat of the fire was the clothing, which ignited from an unknown source.
John E Heymer makes further tentative deductions:
Since the flammable clothing (the jumper) ignited while being worn under non-flammable protective clothing (the catering jacket), the source of ignition probably did not ignite the jumper from outside. A source of ignition on or from Fitzsimons's own body seems probable.
Flesh being non-flammable, this supposed source of ignition would only affect any flammable object in contact with Fitzsimons's flesh.
The 'glowing light' witnessed over Fitzsimons's left shoulder may have been the first flickering discharge from the source of ignition (see the Motteshead case, above).
In the light of the cases discussed in the preceding section, it is suspected by Heymer that a static flash fire may have been responsible for a complete accident which the victim, Jacqueline Fitzsimons, could have survived had she not been wearing flammable clothing.